PDA

View Full Version : More information on the tarot pre-order bonus please.

monthansen
08-29-2015, 07:51 PM
Is the "tarot game" a full tarot deck or a themed poker deck?

How are each of the suites themed out? If the Major Arcana is present, which tarot style was it based after?

MelodyHikari
08-30-2015, 06:32 AM
I, too, would like to know, especially since the image shown in the Pre-Order page looks like neither a traditional Tarot deck nor a traditional playing card deck. [and is there an opportunity to just buy the deck separately?]

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
09-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Hi monthansen and MelodyHikari, welcome to the forums, it is a full-customized tarot game.

For more details please have a read here https://mmh7.ubi.com/us/blog/post/view/heroes-vii-now-available-for-pre-orders

Thanks

monthansen
09-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Thank you for the welcome.

"it is a full-customized tarot game."

That doesn't answer any of my questions.

monthansen
09-01-2015, 05:43 PM
I did some digging, and it looks like the card formatting is similar to the Tarot Nouveau, which is like a hybrid tarot/poker deck for anyone just familiar with the mystical tarot variants. The wiki states that it was created to specifically play card games. Here's the wiki article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot_Nouveau

MelodyHikari
09-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Huh! That's very interesting. I wasn't aware of a different kind of style of tarot cards, though I was familiar with the origin of tarot as being a card game, something to tell stories with. But man, this just makes me want the deck by itself even more! I hope it becomes available to buy on the shop [and not through an insane price on ebay, or something of the sort. I really just want that. and maybe the artbook. And the OST but I can probably dig and find the files or something easier. ;>>]

monthansen
09-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I'm eyeing the collectors edition for those very reasons.

I'd still like to know how they set up the suites though, are only the first four factions depicted on those cards? And I wonder if they'll keep Sandro, as far as I can tell, as the Fool.