PDA

View Full Version : Technical optimalization

Antalyan
08-28-2015, 03:17 PM
This game now seems to have a very big potential. Interesting gameplay, new graphics...

But (along too small objects, their sizes must be much more increased, but this is another topic): the technical optimalization.

The players will not buy the game which has incredibly high technical requirements. Especially the neccessary processor speed is too high and thanks to it, many players are not able to play the beta. I know that these technical requirements are only for beta and may be the subject of future changes, but I would like emphasize, how important the optimalization is. The game with too high requirements cannot be sold well, no matter how good the game is.

Thanks for understanding and i believe, that thanks to you, I will be able to play the Heroes VII on my 2,4 GHz processor in the future :cool:.

JustMark81
08-28-2015, 10:21 PM
This game has no optimization what so ever imo, even in the online lobby. If you stay there for too long, your GPU temps go up and over 80c. This game is FAR away from release in it's current state. If they release it like this on release day, 100% i refund the game and never buy any Ubisoft game ever again.

Antalyan
08-29-2015, 04:29 PM
Should Ubi delay this game? Anwer here: http://strawpoll.me/5347675

Nymeus
08-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Off course they need to delay it, or they need a miracle to happen.

Edit : But don't fool yourselves, neither will happen, as ChrisD.1 said in his post, they never learn.

Zaukun
08-29-2015, 10:04 PM
#Delay the game

tomasnothof
08-29-2015, 10:14 PM
hey delay the game.

I have a nice computer (i7 4700HQ 2.40 / 16 GB RAM / 4 GB NVIDIA) and my computer "DIES" during AI turns.

waszak
08-29-2015, 10:56 PM
AI turns are too slow. Games is crashing when you want to fight sometimes. I think it works a little bit better than in Beta 1 but still game is to slow.

bobmet2009
08-30-2015, 12:13 PM
The Beta download is 8Gb, and the Beta always loads the C++ redistibutable before it starts. From this,and because the game-play is so slow even on a machine with i7 processors and a NVIDIA GEforece 720, I suspect that the Beta is still being played using interpreted code rather than fully compiled code. I hope that is the case, because if the Beta is the result of a full compile and build then the game will be doomed from the start.

dskora
08-30-2015, 02:11 PM
I suspect that the Beta is still being played using interpreted code rather than fully compiled code.

I hope he's right - if that's the case then the devs could work on other things (GUI, right-click information windows instead of tooltips, camera movement, balance, minor bugs etc).
But if that's not the point then I'd vote for delaying the game a few months.

el_mirkea
08-30-2015, 02:15 PM
I like the game itself but I also realize I;m not getting that heroes 3 feeling, and one of the reasons for it is that the game is slow (loading the game, enemy turns etc) and it's not as snappy as Heroes 3 was

I realize that it's a beta and not the final product but you should consider delaying it if you can't make big improvements in the performance optimization department