PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed: Syndicate - Runaway Train mission

jonathan7882
08-28-2015, 02:28 AM
Ok so I am a huge fan of this franchise and I know they sometimes do exclusive dlc that comes out later but REGION LOCKED DLC? That is going to piss me off even if it's a throwaway mission that sets a bad precedent. The Runaway Train mission ONLY comes on EXCLUSIVE Special editions that are ONLY sold in the UK?! That makes absolutely zero sense. They better come out and say that "don't worry our fans in the states can download it," or there will be another uproar of fans. It won't stop me from buying the game but if this is Region Locked dlc that is not right.

strigoi1958
08-28-2015, 01:04 PM
I believe there has always been things that are region specific... not locked per se... but just things that mean more to that region. The USA usually gets a game released before other regions, the USA has promotions that unlock DLC (I think there was some shaving foam and toiletries that unlocked uniforms or gear in Unity that was not available anywhere else but America). So some Limited editions are made to target a region... Big Ben is here in the UK and it will definitely sell more because it is relevant to us. I have no problem with people outside the UK buying that edition

but maybe because it is a limited edition... Ubi only make as many as they feel they can sell in that region.... making too many would lose money and setting the limit makes it more appealing to collectors... it is very difficult.. It cannot be limited if vast numbers are sold.

It is just geography and luck... if you live in the USA you gain far more than if you live outside.... I accept all the things I do not get, but I do not feel excluded... I think it is nice that Ubi have extras for those people for whom it has meaning. I have never bought a limited edition of any game but... this has something aimed at us over here in blighty...(England ;))

jonathan7882
08-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Hmm I didn't think of it that way. It makes sense now. That would sell way more over in your neck of the woods than here and a minor exclusive mission is not that big of a deal the only thing that would be would be like an exclusive expansion ie like the upcoming Witcher 3 expansion only available in one region. Sorry if it sounded like a rant that was not my intention. I was up too late and tired.

strigoi1958
08-28-2015, 07:13 PM
No you weren't ranting... you raised a very valid and important point. There are quite a few who have asked about obtaining the big ben edition... as Assassin creed fans it is only right that we want access to collectibles or limited editions or dlc....

Sometimes these are not available to us and sometimes it might become available from a collector selling his collection or even perhaps from the ubi shop at a later date.... I am not certain whether a season pass will include all dlc whether it is aimed at a specific region or not but YazX, Locopells, Mr_Shade, any moderator or Anykeyer are the guys who would know. I'm hoping one of them will kindly help out.

guest-ALkRyU9b
10-23-2015, 03:19 AM
I'm in Australia, and have the Charing Cross edition, which comes with both Runaway train and Darwin/****ens missions.
Except, there's no Runaway train DLC code. The code only gets the Darwin/****ens

Kind of very pissed off atm

MADCV
10-23-2015, 03:44 AM
I'm in Australia too and got the Big Ben Edition.
For starters they forgot our Season Pass codes.
But also my Download Code for the DLC only downloaded the Dawrin & ****ens Conspiracy like the post above me!
I want my Runaway Train mission! ( and Season Pass )
So good work as always Ubisoft. Clap clap.

strigoi1958
10-23-2015, 04:49 AM
I believe the season pass code comes separately (but I'm probably wrong) it's worth checking with support or a moderator.