PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2 Question

jonathan7882
08-27-2015, 07:04 PM
I'm replaying the series in anticipation for Syndicate and in Novella's secret when you are spying on the Templers they say something in Latin (i think) that the subtitles do not translate. Can someone tell me what it is?

Locopells
08-28-2015, 12:12 AM
The bit at the beginning? That's Christian church service extracts (father, son and holy spirit, etc), it's not plot important.

jonathan7882
08-28-2015, 02:22 AM
The bit at the beginning? That's Christian church service extracts (father, son and holy spirit, etc), it's not plot important.

I thought that twas the catholic church prayer. What to me is interesting is that they are Templar's who are supposed to "know" or "believe" that god doesn't exist yet they still use religious prayers? The series never really renounces god as belief not proof is what gives someone faith. But I just find it interesting that if they think there is no afterlife why would they still use a catholic prayer at a secret Templar meeting?

Locopells
08-28-2015, 11:03 AM
It seems to vary. However, bear in mind that the one saying it is this guy:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Antonio_Maffei

who was a monk. It's unclear whether he's part of the Templars, or just an ally (bearing in mind that while he took part in the Pazzi Conspiracy, he wasn't a Pazzi, who were Templars), who they're humouring.

Jessigirl2013
08-29-2015, 05:39 PM
It translates to-

And may the blessing of Almighty God, the Father and of the Son and Holy Spirit descend upon you, and remain with you always.

Rome was heavily religious at this point which could explain ;)

jonathan7882
08-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Thanks JessiGirl.

Jessigirl2013
09-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Your Welcome ;)