PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sim Turns

Wolfyere
08-27-2015, 05:27 AM
Has anybody tried the Sim Turns in multiplayer yet?

Sim turns is a must for me to able to enjoy these kind of games in multiplayer, I know this game claims to have it but it has to have decent implementation as well. The only previous heroes game to have Simultaneous Turns was HoMM5 but it really sucked in that one, the game ran very clunky during simultaneous turns and the mode was disabled for the rest of the match if at any point one of your heroes was close to another players hero.

Before I buy this game I need to know that the Sim Turns has been done better than in HoMM5. I'm hoping for a system like the ones used in games like Civilization 5 or Endless Legend.

Please don't start a debate about Sim turns ruining the strategical depth of the game or anything like that. I understand that it does subtract from the overall fairness of the game, but the feature is still essential to me because I simply can't stand playing a TBS game without it, there's too much downtime and it ruins any enjoyment in the game for me.

Arrowstorm
10-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Sim-turns are in but they need some improvement because whenever a player enters combat the other players get put on hold either watching the battle or - if 'spectatormode' is disabled they instead get to watch a picture for the duration of the battle - which kind of ruins the whole point of simultaneous turns. I liked how sim-turns worked in HoMM5 and would wish they'd just copy whatever they did there into HoMM7.

NataliaDrumeva
10-19-2015, 07:57 AM
There are no SIM TURNS. Developers lied to us again. This is outrageous.

Shredst0r
10-19-2015, 01:35 PM
A pity this doesnīt work well, hope they implement it soon.
Probably Nival didnīt provide their code/logic of H5 simultan so Limbic has to build up everything from scratch ;)
Dear Ubisoft, this philosophy of broken promises and pre-released beta versions has to stop.