PDA

View Full Version : Unique Class Abilities

PhiLoL
08-26-2015, 06:59 PM
From the videos I have seen. It seems the three classes all function under the same set of rules. which would imply the in a real-world dueling environment the Samurai would have the same speed and Armor class and the German Longsword using Knight.

I have 3 Suggestions based of observations from gameplay footage so far.

1) The Knight having the heaviest weapon falls under current rules when it comes to blocking - However, the advantage for playing the knight would be to simply hold the Block button down without choosing a Blocking direction when faced against the Viking or Samurai. And all other classes would have to use the dynamic blocking system (already in place) to block the Knights Heavy and Light Attacks.

The Samurai having the faster sword and speed on his side would be able to be block Light and heavy attacks from other Samurai by simply holding the Block button, and Light Attacks from the Viking. The Primary advantage from the samurai would be; when playing the Samurai the HUD is no longer visible and the speed in which he blocks is increased.

And the Viking would fall somewhere in the middle.

#2 and #3) The current d-Pad abilities seem much like "air strikes" from Call of duty... with the Samurai having an ability to throw a ninja star - which seems to knock his opponent off balance... which to the right players would become very unbalanced - because it seems that other classes do not have this ranged ability...

WHAT IF:

The samurai used the ninja star to apply a temporary debuff to his opponent decreasing the movement speed for X amount of time and causes minor damage - and instead of signaling for a precise rain of arrows that he calls from the gods in the heavens for his 4th tier ability you could have a bow and arrow appear on his back which allows him to aim and one shot an enemy target...

and to balance this: having the 4th tier of all classes have either a Cross-bow / Bow and arrow / or Throwing Axe appear visually on the class played when unlocked - all of these having moderate range and the ability to take-down a target with a precise blow (Game Changing... "I got B guys... I have my CrossBow unlocked and there are only two people there... you guys go take C ---- The tables turn and now it feels as tho the power play is about to be used making the game feel like its 4v5 for a small amount of time - if the player can aim )

that is all I have to offer right now - I am extremely excited for this to be released...

Other side thoughts - Free to play? purchasing skins for weapons and characters new maps and other DLC / Buffs bonuses perhaps mounts? potions? for a source of revenue.

decrease the amount of time needed for the lighter classes to block/ making the ones who wear lighter armor faster or rather "feel faster"

Zercon.
08-26-2015, 07:41 PM
so far what i got, they have 3 master classes and each one of them has 4 sub-classes and as you level up in each battle you got abilities 4 of them in all just like in most MOBA
so it looks like that added abilities before you even asked

and what would throwing a ninja star at a heavy armored knight going to do to him? make him laugh his a** off to put him off balance ?

Zercon.
08-26-2015, 10:18 PM

Warphorntek
08-26-2015, 10:28 PM

Man rly stop doing posts like these its useless and i hope soon it ll be taken like spam.

UbiBooma
08-27-2015, 09:18 PM
Man rly stop doing posts like these its useless and i hope soon it ll be taken like spam.

Haha well technically if you think somebody is spamming or trolling you should PM one of us so we can handle it. But it does say in the forum rules that bumping threads isn't allowed, so good call. I very well could delete the "..." post and even shell out an infraction. However, I'll just advise for now that Zerconan review the forum rules here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181761-Forum-Rules

When in doubt, check the forum rules and tell us if somebody has broken them so we can lay the smackdown.

Altair_Snake
08-28-2015, 02:11 AM
1) The Knight having the heaviest weapon falls under current rules when it comes to blocking - However, the advantage for playing the knight would be to simply hold the Block button down without choosing a Blocking direction when faced against the Viking or Samurai. And all other classes would have to use the dynamic blocking system (already in place) to block the Knights Heavy and Light Attacks.
Too big an advantage. It also betrays the purpose of the AoB system.