PDA

View Full Version : What I expect from Syndicate/ What I hope Syndicate is

RVSage
08-26-2015, 05:58 AM
I for one started playing AC before ACIII was announced. The historic standpoint of the game was what attracted me initially, but soon I fell in love with the lore, the first civilization concept of the series and the tie in to December 2012 , It was all great. I really thank every developer, tester, artist behind the game for this.

But the ending of AC3 is where incoherence started creeping in, the way Desmond was killed off seemed so odd.
Okay what happens next the assassins forget about Juno, still continue on with abstergo,in Black Flag and they do hear from Juno in the end of Black Flag (via the abstergo employee)
So one would expect they do something about it in Unity, but what they do , hire another random helix/Animus user to stop abstergo.... Am I missing something??? They just let go of the mentor's son killer? A bigger threat than Templars? What are they really up to? "nothing" I mean Nothing fits In the expansive lore of the Assassins and sensibility of the story vanished

I for one loved the graphics in Unity and the innovations, I was upset about initial bugs but I was moved by the live updates and free dlc and the public apology. Yes I forgave the bad launch

But What I can't take is the story loosing its identity, its path what make Assassins Creed is the story, the narrative across history forming one grand jigsaw puzzle. Until AC3 the puzzle pieces were put together, after AC3 the pieces are not available any more

@Any ubisoft employee reading this,
I have pre-ordered every AC since ACIII on day one of announcement including Syndicate, I am grateful to you guys for all the hard work. But please remember the Story is also a core pillar, apart from navigation, stealth and combat , that is the pillar that has cracked the most. If syndicate does not fix the crack the pillar will collapse and the franchise with it

PS: So many people have raged , yelled and insulted Ubi folks. I don't believe in doing that, What I believe as a true fan is you and hope you are listening

Altair1789
08-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Assassin's Creed will always get criticism for being annualized, even though each entry introduces a pretty solid new game (Unity had a lot of bugs, but they were fixed and the other ACs were fine), a better story will only change the attitude of some of their fans. I'd say around half. A lot of AC fans believe the game is bad because of annualization, and then a lot of people who have barely played the game think the same thing. I think the games are doing as well as any other game titles, but they can be better if the deadline isn't set before development starts

The story isn't really up to the devs as much as I wish it was. The game director says what the stories will have (MD, no MD, extension of the overarching narrative, First Civ, etc.) and then the writers run with that. What's considered a "good story" by many is modern day and first civ, so if they bring back those two aspects, they'll get better feedback from people like us

EmbodyingSeven5
08-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Assassin's Creed will always get criticism for being annualized, even though each entry introduces a pretty solid new game (Unity had a lot of bugs, but they were fixed and the other ACs were fine), a better story will only change the attitude of some of their fans. I'd say around half. A lot of AC fans believe the game is bad because of annualization, and then a lot of people who have barely played the game think the same thing. I think the games are doing as well as any other game titles, but they can be better if the deadline isn't set before development starts

The story isn't really up to the devs as much as I wish it was. The game director says what the stories will have (MD, no MD, extension of the overarching narrative, First Civ, etc.) and then the writers run with that. What's considered a "good story" by many is modern day and first civ, so if they bring back those two aspects, they'll get better feedback from people like us

I believe a set date/ Annulazation does affect Ubis bigger projects like AC 3 and AC Unity which were both released extremely glitchy and broken. Yes they were fixed but that doesn't excuse the state they were released in. I also think annulization has a hand in the repetitive underdeveloped side content.