PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Pre-Order Bonus: Darwin and Dic.kens Trailer

Locopells
08-26-2015, 12:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSlmIAB1oM&feature=youtu.be

Sorrosyss
08-26-2015, 01:11 AM
This is a nice trailer, and for once a seemingly decent pre-order bonus. I was expecting something along the lines of the Chemical Revolution thing from Unity. Which... wasn't that great. But this! I like. :)

ze_topazio
08-26-2015, 01:13 AM
Charles %&*#$@ was so hardcore, his name needs to be censored.

Xstantin
08-26-2015, 03:00 AM
That monkey poster lmao
And I guess I'll be getting that flatcap outfit asap

Shahkulu101
08-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Wait can we only see these two featured in the game if we pre-order? Or are they in the main campaign and this trailer is advertising extra missions with them?

If it's the former that's scandalous - historical figures as important as this should be featured in the main game to enhance the story, not used as pre-order incentives. Imagine Leonardo was locked behind a pre-order bonus...

Really, really hope this isn't the case.

dimbismp
08-26-2015, 11:47 AM
Maybe i misheard,but at the end the narrator said "...to continue their stories...".So,maybe there are actual Dic.kens and Darwin missions in the game,and the preorder missions are extra.

So,i may go as far as claiming that there is a chance that the footage is from the main game(because it seems too good for preorder content in comparison with the chemical revolution).

Again,that's just speculation based on what i think i heard

BananaBlighter
08-26-2015, 11:53 AM
I also expected something similar to the chemical revoltion. 10 min of running up and down with no cutscenes. I think that side mission in Syndicate will be generally more in depth than Unity which is nice to see. There realy were some epic moments in that trailer and now I feel like I have to pre-order (I was previously a bit skeptical) because this seems to actually be a decent pre-order bonus. However the last time I pre-ordered from Ubisoft (Rogue) the additional content was missing while still having paid 15 extra, so I'm not sure whether I want to risk it and pay for the Charing Cross edition when it may just give me the plain ol' game.

Shahkulu101
08-26-2015, 12:02 PM
Maybe i misheard,but at the end the narrator said "...to continue their stories...".So,maybe there are actual Dic.kens and Darwin missions in the game,and the preorder missions are extra.

So,i may go as far as claiming that there is a chance that the footage is from the main game(because it seems too good for preorder content in comparison with the chemical revolution).

Again,that's just speculation based on what i think i heard

Ah, watched it again and think you may be right.

And they probably did use main campaign footage if that's the case, I wouldn't put it past them to so something so misleading.

Also did anyone notice that Jacob was wearing a different outfit? He was wearing casual clothing, looked pretty nice - think it may be one of the outfits from the concept art which was posted on the Tumblr thread. I guess this might mean that Jacob is not an inducted member of the Assassin's at one stage in the game, and he earns his robes later on.

m4r-k7
08-26-2015, 12:50 PM
So wait, these characters will only be in the game if you pre-order? If so that is just ridiculous. These are massive historical figures that would have made for awesome companions like Da Vinci. Why limit these characters to pre-order DLC when they could have been main characters in the assassins quest? I hope I am wrong and they are in the game, but there are just extra missions if you pre-order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSlmIAB1oM

dimbismp
08-26-2015, 12:54 PM
So wait, these characters will only be in the game if you pre-order? If so that is just ridiculous. These are massive historical figures that would have made for awesome companions like Da Vici. Why limit these characters to pre-order DLC when they could have been main characters in the assassins quest? I hope I am wrong and they are in the game, but there are just extra missions if you pre-order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSlmIAB1oM
Towards the end,the narrator says:"...to continue their stories...",which means that the preorder missions will be just extra IMO.

It may be also possible that the footage is from the main game,as it is seems too good to be preorder content(in comparison with chemical revolution)

Farlander1991
08-26-2015, 01:12 PM
I guess this might mean that Jacob is not an inducted member of the Assassin's at one stage in the game, and he earns his robes later on.

It was stated that he's an Assassin from birth, though.

I think this just means that it's an outfit Jacob can wear :p Plus we see him hooded with that outfit at around 0:30.

Besides, I doubt that ****ens/Darwin will play a big role early in the game (which is the only time when Jacob might not be inducted)

Shahkulu101
08-26-2015, 02:38 PM
It was stated that he's an Assassin from birth, though.

I think this just means that it's an outfit Jacob can wear :p Plus we see him hooded with that outfit at around 0:30.

Besides, I doubt that ****ens/Darwin will play a big role early in the game (which is the only time when Jacob might not be inducted)

Gah, you're right. :p

That outfit does look really cool though, it's the first outfit that makes the Assassin just look like a normal person - blending and such will be much more immersive with that on. Hope Evie will have a similar clothing option. Although I wonder how going into stealth mode will work with that outfit, since it's not hooded.

EmptyCrustacean
08-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Whilst everyone is concerned about how much of a role Charles ****ens is going to play into the main game...

I found what the trailer said about the twins to be more interesting.

Firstly, I love Jacob's outfit. I am fully on board now for the hood being only for use in stealth. This is modern AC so this was inevitable.
Secondly, clearly Evie is the optimistic believer while Jacob is the rebellious cynic. Evie seems to be fascinated by lore, mysteries and legends whilst Jacob just wants to blow things up. I really hope this dynamic is prevalant throughout the whole game. I want good characters and story again.

ModernWaffle
08-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Whilst everyone is concerned about how much of a role Charles ****ens is going to play into the main game...

I found what the trailer said about the twins to be more interesting.

Firstly, I love Jacob's outfit. I am fully on board now for the hood being only for use in stealth. This is modern AC so this was inevitable.
Secondly, clearly Evie is the optimistic believer while Jacob is the rebellious cynic. Evie seems to be fascinated by lore, mysteries and legends whilst Jacob just wants to blow things up. I really hope this dynamic is prevalant throughout the whole game. I want good characters and story again.

At 0.27 the way Evie just says yes without Jacob's input and his reaction is hilarious :o - hoping that they can actually pull off the sibling relationship well.

BananaBlighter
08-26-2015, 06:29 PM
At 0.27 the way Evie just says yes without Jacob's input and his reaction is hilarious :o - hoping that they can actually pull off the sibling relationship well.

Yeah that bit was amusing, gave me some hope that this time the relationship between the main protagonists will be executed well.

GunnerGalactico
08-26-2015, 07:55 PM
At least it is better than the Chemical Revolution in Unity.

ze_topazio
08-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Wait can we only see these two featured in the game if we pre-order? Or are they in the main campaign and this trailer is advertising extra missions with them?

If it's the former that's scandalous - historical figures as important as this should be featured in the main game to enhance the story, not used as pre-order incentives. Imagine Leonardo was locked behind a pre-order bonus...

They did it with Copernicus in Brotherhood.

Shahkulu101
08-26-2015, 08:50 PM
They did it with Copernicus in Brotherhood.

He isn't as big a household name. Still a shady thing to do however.

I don't like any type of exclusive content, even if I benefit from it - because I'm against it on principle and more often than not it sucks anyway.

HDinHB
08-26-2015, 11:08 PM

One of the articles said this was also included with the season pass. Still DLC though. Scandalous? It's certainly not the first time historic figures have been relegated to DLC: Copernicus, as was mentioned, Savonarola, Benedict Arnold, Léon.

He [Copernicus] isn't as big a household name. Still a shady thing to do however.

That depends on the household.

Farlander1991
08-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Léon

By him you mean Leon the boy from Dead Kings? He's a historical figure? O_o Who was he?

SixKeys
08-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Meh, not impressed TBH. Darwin himself says "not every problem can be solved by blowing things sky-high" and then the entire trailer is 2 minutes of nothing but blowing things up.

Also, I guess ripping down posters is back. 9_9

Farlander1991
08-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Also, I guess ripping down posters is back. 9_9

Those don't look like Wanted posters, probably it's not a notoriety thing but for a quest or smth.

SixKeys
08-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Those don't look like Wanted posters, probably it's not a notoriety thing but for a quest or smth.

Probably, but either way it's a tired mechanic. Didn't we already do something similar in ACB when we had to lure out one of Cesare's henchmen by ripping down Borgia posters?

NondairyGold
08-31-2015, 12:15 PM
Probably, but either way it's a tired mechanic. Didn't we already do something similar in ACB when we had to lure out one of Cesare's henchmen by ripping down Borgia posters?

Yeah and it's a pity. Ubisoft like to make games by numbers. They take all the stats from uplay, see what people spent the most time doing and incorporate it into the next game. They don't seem to take into account the fact that we're forced to do a lot of the mundane tasks like rip down posters, eavesdrop etc.

Shahkulu101
08-31-2015, 03:35 PM
Yeah and it's a pity. Ubisoft like to make games by numbers. They take all the stats from uplay, see what people spent the most time doing and incorporate it into the next game. They don't seem to take into account the fact that we're forced to do a lot of the mundane tasks like rip down posters, eavesdrop etc.

Great, so they must think we LOOOVE collecting chests. :rolleyes:

Farlander1991
08-31-2015, 07:37 PM
Great, so they must think we LOOOVE collecting chests. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry about that.

Each game is played by like 10 million players, only a small handful of those will collect all chests. Though why they keep adding them for 100% completion is beyond me :p :D