PDA

View Full Version : USB Joystick not recognized by IL-2 FB....

madw0lf
03-28-2004, 02:38 PM
I recently purchased a copy of IL-2: Forgotten Battles and my USB Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick isn't recognized by the game. I looked on Wingman's website and noticed they have a profile for IL-2, so they must have gotten it to work somehow. Any idea why mine doesn't work?
I can play Lock-On with this joystick just fine.
Thanks!

madw0lf
03-28-2004, 02:38 PM
I recently purchased a copy of IL-2: Forgotten Battles and my USB Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick isn't recognized by the game. I looked on Wingman's website and noticed they have a profile for IL-2, so they must have gotten it to work somehow. Any idea why mine doesn't work?
I can play Lock-On with this joystick just fine.
Thanks!

oFZo
03-28-2004, 02:41 PM
No problems here, weird!

-oFZo

Eurotroll

"I have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use." - The Bible

D-XXI
03-28-2004, 03:13 PM
On my new computer I installed the same joystick after installing FB and AEP and now AEP setup doesn't give me the force-feedback option anymore.

On my old computer I installed the Wingman first on FB and later I installed AEP. There FF does work. Maybe you should try it in that order.

madw0lf
03-28-2004, 03:25 PM
What is AEP?
Are you guys using the Wingman Profiler? I don't use it but LockOn works just fine without it.

When I am in the input setup menu, I get a greyed out "none" in the joystick list.. so I can't choose one and configure it. If I set the force feedback on, sometimes when I play with the keyboard, I can see the joystick shaking, but I can't control the plane with it.

I am running XP if that makes a difference.
Thanks!

lil_labbit
03-28-2004, 06:20 PM
XP shouldn't be a problem for the wingman
do you have anything connected to your gameport on the sound card/motherboard ?

Gameport and USB dont mix you know...

Check Window's Start - Control Panel - Game devices

is it there ?
etc

http://members.home.nl/lil.labbit/lilseesya.jpg
Night is better than Day

Weather_Man
03-28-2004, 06:39 PM
You may have done this, but make sure 'use joystick' is checked in the Il2 setup.

c:/program files/ubi soft/Il2fb/il2setup

horseback
03-28-2004, 06:49 PM
When you installed the game, did you click on the "use Joystick" box during the last part of the setup?

If not, go into My Computer, click on your hard drive (usually Chttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif, then Program Files, then Ubisoft, then Il-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, then click on the il2setup file. You'll see a tab labelled Joystick; click on it and confirm that the "Use Joystick" box is checked.

If it already is checked, then check your joystick on your Windows game controllers' panel, and see if your stick is being detected by the computer. Logitech controllers aren't always the most reliable, in my experience.

They're well designed, and when they work, they're great, but I think they have Quality Assurance issues. You may have gotten a lemon for a joystick, or the game is detecting another controller ahead of the joystick.

Those are all the likely causes I can think of.

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944