PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Level MAX: Extreme Beyond Extreme

RetiredRonin
08-24-2015, 01:09 PM
Howdy, folks. Last week we introduced you to Trials Fusion’s Ninja community with our “Welcome to the Ninjas (http://trials.ubi.com/trials-portal/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-214664-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32)” cross-platform track drop featuring 3 entry level ninja tracks. Yeah, that’s not happening this week. This week we are looking at some of the hardest tracks the ninja community has to offer. Prepare your rage because these tracks are brutally difficult. Players who can pass these tracks haven’t just mastered the game, we’re talking about the riders who share DNA with their bikes. You know what I’m talking about. The people who act like the laws of physics can be scoffed at and slapped in the mouth. The players who make the impossible come to life.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/ninja2-hallowvale_215467.jpg
Hallowvale by PMS Creations

For these riders we have a special challenge. We are making 3 insanely difficult Ninja tracks cross platform. These tracks will challenge even the best of the best Ninja riders. They are incredibly hard, extreme even by Ninja standards. Play them at your own risk.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/ninja2-underconstruction_215468.jpg
Under Construction by XX_THE-GOVNA_XX

Honestly, I didn’t make it to a single checkpoint in ANY of these tracks. How many people have finished them? Well, I’m looking at Under Construction right now, and the grand total is 9. NINE PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD. And NONE of them in less than 10 minutes or 50 faults. They are that difficult. Mere Trials mortals will fling their controllers in rage.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/ninja2-shiverslides_215469.jpg
Shiver Slides by ConfusedMuscles

But remember, you don’t get better by doing the minimum. If you think you are ready for some of the toughest challenges Trials Fusion has to offer give them a spin today on Track Central. But if the rage becomes too great, I recommend taking a break and maybe have a go at last week’s introduction to Ninja tracks (http://trials.ubi.com/trials-portal/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-214664-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) instead.

StormPsykoz
08-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Crossplatform ninja tracks aren't put in the Uplay feed, but in the Ninja feed.

Anyway, good luck to anyone attempting these tracks :) I just beat Under Construction, and it was BRUTAL indeed.

Haarmes
08-24-2015, 11:17 PM
i hope i get good enough to beat Hallowvale someday. but for now i just accept my defeat

Hairy Cabbage
08-25-2015, 01:13 AM
How *exacly* is this stuff supposed to work? When I saw this thread I was all, 'Wait! I didn't even see the three tracks from the other thread!'. There is no obvious named feed in the Track Central screen, and they don't seem to show up in the uPlay feed. I see a 'Ninja Level MAX' pane in the announcement thing, but that takes me through to a selection of 23 tracks, only one of which is listed in either of the two ninja-track news threads.

So again, how exactly is this stuff supposed to work?

Edit: I'm assuming - expecting - this to work like the normal track drops. Is this not the case for these?

I actually spoke to LzZzr about this issue a while back over private massage. I asked is there was a way we could collect all of the cross platform ninjas together in to one place like in a "community ninja" feed or something but the idea was shot down with no real explanation as to why it couldn't happen.

There have now been 25 cross platform ninja tracks, not including featured builder drops and basically all of those are long lost within the mess that we call track central within a week of their release. I have to ask, what is the point in trying to promote ninja tracks if you aren't even going to keep the best tracks in a location easy to access.

Lets just say im an xbox one player and i have just heard about this new track "Hallowvale" via this news post... Its not going to show up in newest ninja feed because it was released months ago... there's no guarantee that it will be near the top of any "best" ninja feeds... I basically have to search for it... And what happens when this thread dies out and is lost in the forums somewhere... the track is also lost... The only way to find out about this track worthy of cross platform is to hear it from other players... which was basically exactly the same before it was cross platformed.

I guess my point is, why go through all of this effort promoting good ninja tracks when they will essentially be lost in the track central void within a few weeks just like any other track, good or bad. Give us a community ninja feed so people know where to go to find GOOD ninja tracks. Making people search for ninja tracks is never going to help increase the ninja community... what tracks do you find when you search ninja on track central? you find complete tat not even worth the memory its uploaded on. People NEED a place to go for GOOD QUALITY tracks if you really want ninja tracks to be a mainstream part of this game.

Now as far as this track drop goes... really nice line up for the vets. I would like to say PS4 will be happy but well... you never know. xD

En0-
08-25-2015, 07:51 AM
I actually spoke to LzZzr about this issue a while back over private massage. I asked is there was a way we could collect all of the cross platform ninjas together in to one place like in a "community ninja" feed or something but the idea was shot down with no real explanation as to why it couldn't happen.

There have now been 25 cross platform ninja tracks, not including featured builder drops and basically all of those are long lost within the mess that we call track central within a week of their release. I have to ask, what is the point in trying to promote ninja tracks if you aren't even going to keep the best tracks in a location easy to access.

Lets just say im an xbox one player and i have just heard about this new track "Hallowvale" via this news post... Its not going to show up in newest ninja feed because it was released months ago... there's no guarantee that it will be near the top of any "best" ninja feeds... I basically have to search for it... And what happens when this thread dies out and is lost in the forums somewhere... the track is also lost... The only way to find out about this track worthy of cross platform is to hear it from other players... which was basically exactly the same before it was cross platformed.

I guess my point is, why go through all of this effort promoting good ninja tracks when they will essentially be lost in the track central void within a few weeks just like any other track, good or bad. Give us a community ninja feed so people know where to go to find GOOD ninja tracks. Making people search for ninja tracks is never going to help increase the ninja community... what tracks do you find when you search ninja on track central? you find complete tat not even worth the memory its uploaded on. People NEED a place to go for GOOD QUALITY tracks if you really want ninja tracks to be a mainstream part of this game.

Now as far as this track drop goes... really nice line up for the vets. I would like to say PS4 will be happy but well... you never know. xD

Hello,

I think it's the same reason as all the time with ninja stuff, it's a 1% player feature and we need to have priorities. So it's not because it didn't happen that it will never happen but we can't do everything. Also, there is no goal as making "ninja" something mainstream (it's not possible by definition).

Someone who has enough dedication to reach a ninja level skill on Trials will also have the dedication to get in touch with people or to google stuff and then look for in Track Central :)

Cheers,

monkeehands
08-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Magimix and Jonny, if you're struggling to find good ninja tracks I can recommend StormPsykoz' google doc, a bunch of good tracks, cross plats and cross plat recommendations. all sorted by difficulty. I'm currently cursing my way through the lvl 1's on there at the moment.

Hairy Cabbage
08-25-2015, 04:24 PM
Hello,

I think it's the same reason as all the time with ninja stuff, it's a 1% player feature and we need to have priorities. So it's not because it didn't happen that it will never happen but we can't do everything. Also, there is no goal as making "ninja" something mainstream (it's not possible by definition).

Someone who has enough dedication to reach a ninja level skill on Trials will also have the dedication to get in touch with people or to google stuff and then look for in Track Central :)

Cheers,

wow... i'm having a hard time getting this through my head...

So let me try and get this straight... You guys take the time to cross-platform and yet you refuse to do the absolute TINY task of simply adding a SINGLE feed to track central in order to showcase those tracks.... because its not priority? and yet just recently you added MULTIPLE UNICORN feeds to track central that literally NO ONE gives a crap about!

RetiredRonin
08-25-2015, 05:08 PM
That's not really an "absolute tiny task".

En0 didn't refuse to do it, he said: "So it's not because it didn't happen that it will never happen but we can't do everything." He's saying that we can't do everything, but not saying that this will never happen. That isn't a refusal, it's honesty.

The Ninja tracks basically all use the Pit Viper, the Unicorn is a different vehicle. Many people can, and do, use the unicorn and enjoy the not-so-serious fun of playing with it. That number is (much) higher than the amount of players who can, or try, to beat Ninja tracks.

Hairy Cabbage
08-25-2015, 05:17 PM
That's not really an "absolute tiny task".

En0 didn't refuse to do it, he said: "So it's not because it didn't happen that it will never happen but we can't do everything." He's saying that we can't do everything, but not saying that this will never happen. That isn't a refusal, it's honesty.

The Ninja tracks basically all use the Pit Viper, the Unicorn is a different vehicle. Many people can, and do, use the unicorn and enjoy the not-so-serious fun of playing with it. That number is (much) higher than the amount of players who can, or try, to beat Ninja tracks.

Ok so maybe i don't know the true magnitude of adding a feed to track central, but i cant imagine it would be something that takes much time. Perhaps i'm wrong though.

You say more people play unicorn tracks over ninja tracks. this may be true, but it isn't really a fair comparison when you consider that the ninja feed is 90% made up of complete garbage that no one would enjoy, never mind someone who is new to ninja tracks. Give people a place to play good quality ninja tracks and im sure a lot of people would have a different opinion on ninja tracks. As it stands, im sure the people who aren't in to ninjas probably think a ninja track is just some no deco track with front/back wheel obstacles.

And one more thing... the unicorn feed isn't even really a unicorn feed... Its just as feed that lists ANY track that has unicorn unlocked, regardless of if the track was even designed FOR the unicorn. Many of the tracks in this feed aren't even possible to complete with the unicorn. So yeah... i guess what im saying is it is a waste of time having this feed at all... A ninja feed on the other hand, that would actually be beneficial to not only the current ninja community, but also to people who may be interested in ninja tracks but dont really feel like wading through the 90% garbage in the current ninja feeds.

En0-
08-26-2015, 02:06 PM
Hello Hairycabbage,

I forgot to answer earlier, doing it now, sorry for the delay.

wow... i'm having a hard time getting this through my head...

So let me try and get this straight... You guys take the time to cross-platform and yet you refuse to do the absolute TINY task of simply adding a SINGLE feed to track central in order to showcase those tracks.... because its not priority? and yet just recently you added MULTIPLE UNICORN feeds to track central that literally NO ONE gives a crap about!

Ok so maybe i don't know the true magnitude of adding a feed to track central, but i cant imagine it would be something that takes much time. Perhaps i'm wrong though.

You say more people play unicorn tracks over ninja tracks. this may be true, but it isn't really a fair comparison when you consider that the ninja feed is 90% made up of complete garbage that no one would enjoy, never mind someone who is new to ninja tracks. Give people a place to play good quality ninja tracks and im sure a lot of people would have a different opinion on ninja tracks. As it stands, im sure the people who aren't in to ninjas probably think a ninja track is just some no deco track with front/back wheel obstacles.

And one more thing... the unicorn feed isn't even really a unicorn feed... Its just as feed that lists ANY track that has unicorn unlocked, regardless of if the track was even designed FOR the unicorn. Many of the tracks in this feed aren't even possible to complete with the unicorn. So yeah... i guess what im saying is it is a waste of time having this feed at all... A ninja feed on the other hand, that would actually be beneficial to not only the current ninja community, but also to people who may be interested in ninja tracks but dont really feel like wading through the 90% garbage in the current ninja feeds.

It takes time and it requires to have what we need on the client side. In the case of the Unicorn feed, it was planned for a while, so when we enabled it recently, it was quick. (but most of the work was done before). The feed for the unicorn seems to be buggy according to what you say, I'll discuss it with the dev team.

We showed some support to the ninja community for several months now (feeds, community initiatives and support, articles...). We really care about this "1%" (where as people playing regularly with the unicorn is around 15%). So I think your complain is unfair. My hint was not clear enough initially: having a kind of ninja recommended picks will happen: a few weeks ago Shogun came to me and say "it would be great if we would have that". One step at a time, better and better.

I would really appreciate if you could interact with me (or any other developer) without jumping at my throat right away :) We showed some dedication since launch in supporting the game, listening to feedback and caring about the whole community. We don't have bad intentions, so please do not treat us as if we would have.

Cheers,

En0-
08-27-2015, 12:55 PM
Hello,

I checked with the team about the Unicorn feed and it works as expected (on PS$): if players tag their tracks with the unicorn tag and if they allow the unicorn for the track, the track will appear in this feed.

If you see something different, please let me know.

Cheers,