PDA

View Full Version : Looseable things

Warphorntek
08-23-2015, 01:47 AM
Well well.... We have epic game with epic system with epic graphic in epic medieval time with epic fighters hopefully in epic release edition for epic fights with eic players etc...

We have some epic armors right ? and armor is created of parts. What about there would be possibility you can loose some pieces of armor like helmet after you recieve hit to head. I know helmet is hold by straps but thigs are never perfect you know. Maybe even some plates which could effect your defence.
It would be so cool see faces of fighters and it brings fire to the fight.

Next thing is disarm mechanic fewtime mentioned.

Altair_Snake
08-23-2015, 09:15 PM
Falling pieces of armor, as a purely aesthetic feature would be OK, imo.

As for disarming, I don't think it'd fit this game.

MisterWillow
08-24-2015, 02:41 AM
I think it would be great to see physical damage in a way similar to this. Bent plate; chipped shields; missing pauldron; etc. However, that takes time to engineer, and since I don't think they've accounted for these sorts of real-time changes, the chances are slim something like this will be implemented. Things like this should be kept in mind by the devs, though, for a sequel, an expansion, or even a later patch.

Next thing is disarm mechanic fewtime mentioned.

I don't think a disarm within a fight would work very well with their combat system, since you'd then need to worry about weapon retrieval, as well as defending and doing damage without a weapon (unless everyone has a backup).

I do think a disarm incorporated into an execution would be cool, though.

Warphorntek
08-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Anyone else mentioned this idea yet.
Look on it like this : As warrior you should cary 2 weapons (real thing one to dmg armor(main - heavy weapon) next to use in order if you did enough dmg to armor or loose 1st one) so you ll start use second weapon less powerfull to finish fight or to get to main weapon.

And ye behind it are tons of work i know it. maybe in future we ll get this part of cake.

Zercon.
08-26-2015, 08:02 PM
it is like moba you can not lose things in them this is just wrong all wrong stop trying to make this into a RPG

MisterWillow
08-26-2015, 10:10 PM
it is like moba you can not lose things in them this is just wrong all wrong stop trying to make this into a RPG

Stop implying For Honor is a MOBA simply because it has AI players.

MOBAs have additional aspects and mechanics that delineate them quite a bit from what For Honor seems to be. They have towers and bases (which do damage to players) that teams are trying to destroy, they have other (stronger) units on the field that you need to defeat so they help you out, players 'level up' or gain gold, or by some other method improve their abilities, or gain new abilities, and become inherently stronger during the course of the match. None of these things are present in For Honor---and even the Feats, which are the closest other element from MOBA's, are treated differently; you have four, which don't change or become stronger or more effective during the course of the match---at least in the mode we've seen.

Maybe there will be a mode that's more MOBA-like, but with what we know now, concerning the general match mechanics, it's more akin to Call of Duty's 'Domination' mode---or really any 'Capture the Points' mode commonly found in shooters---than anything MOBA related.

Also, the visual damage EuwCZ is suggesting, if I'm understanding it right, would have no bearing on player stats, so there is really nothing RPG-like in the sentiment.

Zercon.
08-26-2015, 10:20 PM
from WIKI

Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), also known as action real-time strategy (ARTS), originated as a subgenre of the real-time strategy (RTS) genre of video games, in which a player controls a single character in one of two teams. The objective is to destroy the opposing team's main structure with the assistance of periodically spawned computer-controlled units that march forward along set paths. Player characters typically have various abilities and advantages that improve over the course of a game and that contribute to a team's overall strategy. A fusion of action games and real-time strategy games, players usually do not construct either buildings or units.

The genre largely began with Aeon of Strife (AoS), a custom map for StarCraft[1][2] where four players each controlling a single powerful unit and aided by weak computer-controlled units were put against a stronger computer-controlled faction.[3] Defense of the Ancients (DotA), a map based on Aeon of Strife for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne, was one of the first major titles of its genre and the first MOBA for which sponsored tournaments have been held.[3] It was followed by the two spiritual successors League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, and eventually a sequel, Dota 2, as well as numerous other games in the genre.

Warphorntek
08-26-2015, 10:23 PM

Dominion mod is one of many we ll get in to so its rly not moba game and as was montioned this mod is not even like that.

About losing parts and weapons ...Well there is: "could effect your defence" ...... so its not like it have to be there. It can be just dmg model to pledge our eyes.
And about disarm : Some like that some not and noone said it ll be implemented , even i would like to see it there :rolleyes: Its advanced mechanic so matters how much deep developers want to go.

MisterWillow
08-26-2015, 10:42 PM
from WIKI

Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), also known as action real-time strategy (ARTS), originated as a subgenre of the real-time strategy (RTS) genre of video games, in which a player controls a single character in one of two teams. The objective is to destroy the opposing team's main structure with the assistance of periodically spawned computer-controlled units that march forward along set paths. Player characters typically have various abilities and advantages that improve over the course of a game and that contribute to a team's overall strategy. A fusion of action games and real-time strategy games, players usually do not construct either buildings or units.

That objective isn't present in the mode we've seen, which, again, is more like 'Control the Points' modes in Call of Duty, Battlefield, Killzone, Team Fortess, and other shooters---again, not saying there won't be a more MOBA-style mode; honestly, though, I'd prefer it be a one-way mode, similar to Battlefield's Rush mode, where one side storms a castle and the other defends it (as an example)---and, again, your Feats do not improve during the match.

The only thing it has in common with MOBAs is the presence of AI, and if that's all it takes for something to be a MOBA, then so is Titanfall.

Tycerax
08-28-2015, 06:53 PM
Am I the only one that relates For Honor to Unreal Tournament's Assault mode?