PDA

View Full Version : How well do we really know Sirrus and Achenar?

Scythephantasm
08-18-2004, 02:05 PM
I was just playing through realMyst, and I was thinking of what we know about S&A, and what we can deduce. Before we find out their fate in M4, perhaps we should lookback and think of what we do know of them.

Stoneship: Sirrus's room is very royal and elegant. It has tapistires and (most likely) had crafted furnature. This implies that he is refined, but also leads to greed in the amounts of things he has. When looking through his draws, one thing that caught my attention was a set of needles and glass jars. What does this mean? Is Sirrus some sort of junkie? They could be medical supplies, but that's the only thing there; there aren't any bandages or other supplies.
Achenar's room is savage, in nature; having a rib-cage hanging from the chains. He has a holo-emitter that changes a rose into a skull, and lots of pointy things. This implies savageness and cruelty. He has a cabnet filled with maps. I'm not sure what that means . . .

Selentic: Sirrus's room is filled with spoils and he has a telescope looking out his window. More implications of greed, and the telescope could mean that he is looking for more and/or gaurding his riches from those who would come. His secret chamber is filled with gold and a wine rack. He is sofisticated and consumed with wealth.
Achenar's room is dark and filled with trappings and torcher-like equipment. The curtain of the window implies a closed outlook, and his box-o-snake would imply trickery and cruelty. His secret chamber has a torcher box in it. I think that says it all.

I have not yet played through the other two ages, but I will soon, and will post other observations.

Cheerio!

----------
I am Doctor Doom-fist! Tremble in my mighty presence! Fear my- *bonk* ow! . . . stupid lamp . . .

Scythephantasm
08-18-2004, 02:05 PM
I was just playing through realMyst, and I was thinking of what we know about S&A, and what we can deduce. Before we find out their fate in M4, perhaps we should lookback and think of what we do know of them.

Stoneship: Sirrus's room is very royal and elegant. It has tapistires and (most likely) had crafted furnature. This implies that he is refined, but also leads to greed in the amounts of things he has. When looking through his draws, one thing that caught my attention was a set of needles and glass jars. What does this mean? Is Sirrus some sort of junkie? They could be medical supplies, but that's the only thing there; there aren't any bandages or other supplies.
Achenar's room is savage, in nature; having a rib-cage hanging from the chains. He has a holo-emitter that changes a rose into a skull, and lots of pointy things. This implies savageness and cruelty. He has a cabnet filled with maps. I'm not sure what that means . . .

Selentic: Sirrus's room is filled with spoils and he has a telescope looking out his window. More implications of greed, and the telescope could mean that he is looking for more and/or gaurding his riches from those who would come. His secret chamber is filled with gold and a wine rack. He is sofisticated and consumed with wealth.
Achenar's room is dark and filled with trappings and torcher-like equipment. The curtain of the window implies a closed outlook, and his box-o-snake would imply trickery and cruelty. His secret chamber has a torcher box in it. I think that says it all.

I have not yet played through the other two ages, but I will soon, and will post other observations.

Cheerio!

----------
I am Doctor Doom-fist! Tremble in my mighty presence! Fear my- *bonk* ow! . . . stupid lamp . . .

Rashekfee
08-18-2004, 07:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> He has a cabnet filled with maps. I'm not sure what that means . . .
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the maps imply that he's dreaming of more power . . . maybe strategizing. I also noticed something else in that same cabinet. Perhaps you should read Atrus's journal about Stoneship, then look through it again.

Nebodin
08-18-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I remember that as being one of the important pieces of evidence to me that Sirrus was not a good guy.

Scythephantasm
08-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I'll have to do that.

I finished, and the only other things that I've noticed were pretty much the same as above: Sirrus-greed/sophistication Achenar-cruelty

I did notice some interesting things though . . .

Channel Wood: Sirrus's room had cheese in it. It was a bit spoiled, but it dates that someone must have used it not too long ago (there was also a tooth brush . . . Sirrus had good teeth! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif)

I played the other endings where you let S&A out. Sirrus was suave, but he was cruel in locking us away (which doesn't make sense if he was really trapped in an age, rather than just a book). Achenar is just crazy (it was funny to watch Rand Miller act that out http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/88.gif), but he, too, was cruel in our capture.

----------