PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ubisoft

feenspear
08-20-2015, 03:32 PM
In a time where video games are at their most popular and fans have an incredible amount of feedback on the product, i wanted to say a quick thank you for Ubisoft for making the games we enjoy and want to spend out money on. Another thank you for the UBI members actively posting in forums and hearing what us gamers want from games.

Assassins Creed Unity was a rough start but they could have just been like "eff it, but instead they cared enough about us to keep firing out fixes patches and offered us Free DLC (Dead Kings) I for one absolutely love Unity now that the game is fixed, and most of my love is after the problems that were addressed.

Ubisoft may have had their problems in the past year or to two but sometimes you gotta take risks to find out what works and what doesn't. They have been my #1 studio for gaming ever since the very first Rainbow six and Ghost Recon.

We give Ubisoft a lot of crap for some of the things they did wrong, but we never congratulate them for the things they did right, we always seem to remember the bad over the good. So to be honest they care about us and want to make games that we want to play.

Thanks Guys!

Jessigirl2013
08-20-2015, 04:16 PM
In a time where video games are at their most popular and fans have an incredible amount of feedback on the product, i wanted to say a quick thank you for Ubisoft for making the games we enjoy and want to spend out money on. Another thank you for the UBI members actively posting in forums and hearing what us gamers want from games.

Assassins Creed Unity was a rough start but they could have just been like "eff it, but instead they cared enough about us to keep firing out fixes patches and offered us Free DLC (Dead Kings) I for one absolutely love Unity now that the game is fixed, and most of my love is after the problems that were addressed.

Ubisoft may have had their problems in the past year or to two but sometimes you gotta take risks to find out what works and what doesn't. They have been my #1 studio for gaming ever since the very first Rainbow six and Ghost Recon.

We give Ubisoft a lot of crap for some of the things they did wrong, but we never congratulate them for the things they did right, we always seem to remember the bad over the good. So to be honest they care about us and want to make games that we want to play.

Thanks Guys!

I agree.
Its easy to get caught up in hate (especially with Unity) as we all just want to ensure that a AC game is not released in that state again.;)

"Caring about us"
I would love for this to be the case, but lets be honest they are a business. - Their first priority is always making profit, fans second.

I do have high hopes for Syndicate though, ;)
If anything Unity has made me more optimistic for it. <--- UBI will be ensuring if has almost no bugs at launch ;)

Mr_Shade
08-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your kind words, it's always heart-warming to read positive feedback!

"Caring about us"
I would love for this to be the case, but lets be honest they are a business. - Their first priority is always making profit, fans second.

Without the fans - there would be no profit ;)

UbiJustin
08-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback and support. :)

Bastiaen
08-20-2015, 09:22 PM
I wanted to post on here as well. I've hardly posted anything in these forums since Unity came out because there was so much negativity and if you disagreed with it, you were rejected. I love Ubisoft. I know they are a company and that profits come first, because duh. The first Ubisoft game that I played was Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. It was then that I realized that there was something special about Ubisoft. They create beautiful worlds, intriguing stories and interesting characters that I have loved so much in the years that I have been playing their games. I buy more Ubisoft games than any other publisher because I know that I will enjoy playing them. This is not to say that their games are above criticism or that they are perfect, but I have a lot more fun playing their games than almost any others out there.

Thank you Ubisoft for the thousands of hours of fun that you've given to me and my family. I really want to thank so many individuals at Ubisoft, but don't want to bog down this thread with a text block.

I want to apologize for my fellow gamers. Obviously AC is important to them, or else they wouldn't spend so much time on these forums, but there is a growing culture, not just here on the forums, of hyper criticism. Too often we think that it's more important for us to over analyze every aspect of a game than it is to just enjoy the game.

Thank you for the many products you as a company have created that have allowed me to have a really great time. I hope that things just keep getting better, and I hope that this new generation of gamers can learn to just have fun.

dazzlerazzle84
08-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Yeah thank you for that wonderful 20 frames per second cinematic framerate in Unity on PS4 ! I love playing games in slideshow mode

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 10:01 PM
I think Ubi bashing is something that trolls seem to have taken a liking to but it is diminishing... I see people posting here for hundreds and thousands of times... I have received helpful advice on gameplay, settings and hardware and met some really great people... these people have my respect and their words carry weight....guys who post 2 hate rants and try to start a flame war mean nothing... I have no objection to well worded criticism or opinion and I have seen others points of view as well as made others see mine.

I can still feel the pain of someone desperate to play but cannot because of some obstacle... and I can understand their anger but after a vent they are usually good guys as most AC fans are.

If Ubi never made another game they would still have my gratitude for FC3 and introducing me to AC3.. although not as popular with some... the homestead missions, the forts, puzzles and sea travel... made me buy every ac game before and since .... apart from my frustration to do the timed level levels in AC2 :o AC has been a rewarding series to play... I hate being late and the times I have just got to work on time and raced home to play again is testament to just how good AC is.

BananaBlighter
08-20-2015, 10:01 PM
I never cared about framerate, as I'd gottten used to playing Minecraft at 10-25 frames per second, so for me, anything above 20 was easily playable.

I think Ubi is a great company with a lot of talent and they do honestly care about us. However they are restricted as a business, for example, because they've probably already set out a plan for the future of AC, it's gonna be hard to break out of the yearly cycle which is seriously harming the quality of the games (such as Unity, which while I find is a very good game, could have been so much better if it was given another half year). If they take a gap year they probably won't make enough money to continue production and so we're probably gonna be stuck with the yearly cycle and only decent games for a while.

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 10:13 PM
True FPS is not overly important.. it makes me laugh when people complain that a game dropped from 59fps to 54fps for a moment. gameplay is more important. Games are not better because they can achieve 150 FPS. some games are released at 30 fps.

I judge a game on its own merit... it is not fair to compare it to a similar game. I do like games to be as good as AC3 but I don't use AC3 as a comparison... I use it as a standard of how much fun and puzzles and gameplay a game has... and how much I want to replay it.

I think this helps me see the really great things in a game and overlook the tiniest thing that others can only see... and think are game breaking. I guess it is just different perspectives.

dazzlerazzle84
08-20-2015, 10:45 PM
I never cared about framerate, as I'd gottten used to playing Minecraft at 10-25 frames per second, so for me, anything above 20 was easily playable.

So according to your standards this is playable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8cd5pCH5Hs&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=52s

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 11:01 PM
I know guys on pc who have gamed at that frame rate in unity but without that good resolution... it always amazes me how hardcore some AC fans really are... and what they will do in order to play a game...
I don't know if it is possible to lower the resolution on a playstation or even if it would have helped :confused: but the other things like the npc's placement and invisible handholds etc... as long as they didn't stop arno completely... they didn't stop the gameplay... and on the occasion when Arno was running in mid air I just restarted the mission and lost 4 minutes.... those things can either be annoying or funny... depends on how you look at them.

IMHO (and that's all it is..). I think Unity only had teething problems because the release date was being pushed by sony and MS for xmas console sale releases.

feenspear
08-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Yeah thank you for that wonderful 20 frames per second cinematic framerate in Unity on PS4 ! I love playing games in slideshow mode

DUUUUUUDDDDEEEE ITS FIXED, calm down and go play it now, its fantastic

Pandassin
08-21-2015, 03:59 PM
I too would like to thank Ubisoft for all their work and effort put into their games.

They're my favourite gaming company and creators of my favourite franchise (AC of course). People spend way too much time trying to find something to hate on, and don't spend time to look at all the great things you have done. I found Unity a great game, however people spent too much time complaining about bugs (which are all fixed now, yet people still complain) to even pay attention to the graphics, the detail of the city, the beautiful buildings and lighting, etc.

You continue to impress, and I'm very excited for Syndicate this year, I have no doubt I'll enjoy it as I have with the previous.

Thank you!

EmptyCrustacean
08-22-2015, 03:59 PM
Ubsioft alongside R* are my favourite gaming company.

I've played Watchdgos (very good)
Prince of Persia (atrocious, couldn't finish it)
AC (great overall)
Far Cry 3 (good)
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (good so far)

Yes, Ubisoft had a very bad year last year but it is important to remember all the good they have done too. And it has to be said, that of all the devs they actively value fan feedback and allow fans to participate in the design process by giving feedback.

Altair1789
08-22-2015, 07:01 PM
On average, Assassin's Creed games are no worse than most other games, and often much better. Especially for a game being released yearly. I still stand by what I've said about annualization and dev freedom, but that's just about the games doing better to be better, not doing better to "revive" the series

Jessigirl2013
08-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Thanks for your kind words, it's always heart-warming to read positive feedback!

Without the fans - there would be no profit ;)
Touché;)

So according to your standards this is playable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8cd5pCH5Hs&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=52s
Oh look its my Unity footage.;)

Jessigirl2013
08-25-2015, 03:19 PM
dazzle On big game like unity if you focus on lil details like this at times of corse you can find bugs . i dare you to find a game as hudge and complex and unity and find no bugs at all.. it's impossible your just trolling... yes thnx ubisoft for the assassin'S creed series it has bring the most interesting story i've ever seen in video game history. Please visit my post for what fans would like see in the legacy games has a nice little addition patch : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1152143-AC-patches-to-IV-and-Unity

The thing I hated the most about Unity is how it wanted to throw away all past AC story, to get new players into the franchise

Syndicate needs to remember the fans of the series and do content for them.
Instead of focusing on a gamer that would probably not bother to complete the game or follow the story..

Shahkulu101
08-25-2015, 03:36 PM
The thing I hated the most about Unity is how it wanted to throw away all past AC story, to get new players into the franchise

Instead of focusing on a gamer that would probably not bother to complete the game or follow the story..

They had to start anew anyway because the Deadmond arc was over.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-25-2015, 04:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF27cuomwp8

EmptyCrustacean
08-25-2015, 04:41 PM

Exactly. It's ironic that the more Ubi tries to appeal to the casual AC fan the more they alienate their core fans and casual fans alike. Think about it - what did Unity really achieve? It made Ubisoft known as the bug ridden, downgrade developer to casuals and offended AC fans with its awful story. Getting rid of modern day didn't make the game any better received. It did the opposite, just with the core fans.

Or... they could have just not killed Desmond off. That ending ruined what was perhaps one of the best modern days sequences.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Or... they could have just not killed Desmond off. That ending ruined what was perhaps one of the best modern days sequences.

This so much

dxsxhxcx
08-25-2015, 05:12 PM

IMO Desmond's death isn't the problem, but how it was done and what they did with the MD afterwards... all Ubisoft cares is cater to casuals and newcomers, not caring if they'll screw up with the story in the process..

EmptyCrustacean
08-25-2015, 06:47 PM
IMO Desmond's death isn't the problem, but how it was done and what they did with the MD afterwards... all Ubisoft cares is cater to casuals and newcomers, not caring if they'll screw up with the story in the process..

I think it's a problem because in a series that's constantly changing and evolving with characters and time settings and mechanics and featuresyou needed a central character, a constant to ground it and make it seem like it is heading somewhere rather than just random events. AC's hook was that it was extremely story driven and explored high concepts that a lot of developers wouldn't dare touch. Even R* with their simplistic hipster-teenage-boy-who-thinks-he's-smarter-than-he-is social commentary could not do what Ubisoft did. Killing off Desmond killed off a massive part of the game's identity. Unity didn't feel like AC, it felt like a mere shell of it.

Badcow68
08-25-2015, 09:55 PM
I want to thank Ubisoft and the AC team for all they do.

I, for one, greatly enjoyed Unity. I did not get it till after patch 5. No game is perfect.

No AC could beat ACII in my book but Unity does come close to it for me.

As far as the story goes, I did not like where it went at the end of AC3 and where AC4-Unity has led. But I know that it had to happen. I am waiting to see where it goes from the end of Unity.

We all know that Happy fans = Higher sales = higher profit.....

CrossedEagle
08-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Exactly. It's ironic that the more Ubi tries to appeal to the casual AC fan the more they alienate their core fans and casual fans alike. Think about it - what did Unity really achieve? It made Ubisoft known as the bug ridden, downgrade developer to casuals and offended AC fans with its awful story. Getting rid of modern day didn't make the game any better received. It did the opposite, just with the core fans.

I agree with this.

I blame more of the corporate side for what Unity did wrong, but those who fixed it and attempt to make sure it never happens are good in my book.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Even R* with their simplistic hipster-teenage-boy-who-thinks-he's-smarter-than-he-is social commentary could not do what Ubisoft did.

You mean Bully? Jimmy was a Hipster?

EmptyCrustacean
08-26-2015, 10:39 PM
You mean Bully? Jimmy was a Hipster?

lol I'm talking about the devs.

(I've never played bully)

Kefalo84
08-27-2015, 08:22 AM
Well overall YES THANK YOU for everything and thank you for this amazing "experience". I owe and have pre-ordered every single AC(as long as pre-ordered was available) but after Unity I'll wait for reviews before i buy it. The combat and stripping down of features for me was....ughhh...i didn't even finish the game(first AC) how much the combat sucked for me.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-27-2015, 02:10 PM
lol I'm talking about the devs.

(I've never played bully)

Oh, lol. Highly suggest it. One of my top 3 favorite rockstar titles. (:

Well overall YES THANK YOU for everything and thank you for this amazing "experience". I owe and have pre-ordered every single AC(as long as pre-ordered was available) but after Unity I'll wait for reviews before i buy it. The combat and stripping down of features for me was....ughhh...i didn't even finish the game(first AC) how much the combat sucked for me.

Jessigirl2013
08-29-2015, 11:55 AM

Haha ;)

I know but they didn't kill off the other characters...
;)

Third person modern day..... nuff said ;)