PDA

View Full Version : Are both twins Master Assassins?

AquilaTempestas
08-18-2015, 10:48 PM
I've heard that Evie is a master assassin, but is Jacob as well? I was thinking that he isn't since he pretty much goes against the Creed, but perhaps he is and just doesn't follow it?

In my head canon, he isn't, thus creating conflict with Evie.

D.I.D.
08-18-2015, 11:39 PM
No, he's not.

Shahkulu101
08-18-2015, 11:58 PM
According to the wiki he is, but I don't know where they got that information from.

Where was Evie confirmed to be a master assassin?

D.I.D.
08-19-2015, 12:03 AM
According to the wiki he is, but I don't know where they got that information from.

In her trailer ("Evie Frye: eldest of the Frye twins, and a master assassin"), also in developer interviews. They were pretty clear about her being the senior twin all along, with Jacob as the one she has to keep in check. Jacob has not been described as a master assassin in any of the official info I've seen yet, anyway. Maybe the contributors to the Wikia saw something I didn't, or maybe they've jumped to conclusions there.

VestigialLlama4
08-19-2015, 04:40 AM
What exactly does being "Master Assassin" matter anyway?

Shahkulu101
08-19-2015, 05:03 AM
What exactly does being "Master Assassin" matter anyway?

Well it's a sign of status that can affect the story. In Syndicate the fact Evie is a "master" and Jacob isn't could cause some friction and add to the whole sibling rivalry thing they'll inevitably go with. That's just speculation, but what we know is that Evie is the more practical and mature of the two - her Master Assassin status will tie into that.

And of course the superficial reason is that playing as "master" is more badass, which I unashamedly agree with. Who didn't love playing as Mentore Ezio?

Jessigirl2013
08-19-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't think so.
As they are mentored by Henry Green, the master assassin of London. <--- Quote from Evies demo.;)

I think its confusing people, as Evie has been said to be the "master of stealth" But her rank is not Master Assassin and neither is Jacobs.;)

D.I.D.
08-20-2015, 09:45 AM
It's in the trailer. It's also been stated over and over since the beginning, but here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/ChJdw3O.jpg

Sorrosyss
08-20-2015, 01:01 PM
Well, we know that Evie is, but I don't recall a confirmation of Jacob anywhere. The quotes from the website suggested that Evie has trained him up, but that he is now "free to run" or words to that effect. I'd surmise that if he is a Master, it happened shortly before the start of the game.

D.I.D.
08-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Well, we know that Evie is, but I don't recall a confirmation of Jacob anywhere. The quotes from the website suggested that Evie has trained him up, but that he is now "free to run" or words to that effect. I'd surmise that if he is a Master, it happened shortly before the start of the game.

It would be strange to create twins and then give them identical roles (then why have twins at all?). I expect the difference in seniority is quite deliberate and is an intentional move to add friction between them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jacob goes full Shay and betrays his order due to anger about lack of status :) On the other hand, the demands of DLC promotion might mean that Jacob and Evie must end the game alive and united, lest the DLC be a spoiler.

Jessigirl2013
08-20-2015, 04:30 PM
It would be strange to create twins and then give them identical roles (then why have twins at all?). I expect the difference in seniority is quite deliberate and is an intentional move to add friction between them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jacob goes full Shay and betrays his order due to anger about lack of status :) On the other hand, the demands of DLC promotion might mean that Jacob and Evie must end the game alive and united, lest the DLC be a spoiler.

Yeah, Makes me think Jacob will possibly resent Evie. ;)
Makes me curious if they actually get on well, or just put up with each other.:rolleyes:

As for DLC I don't think so, They can always kill one of them off and have them alive in the DLC. <---- Could be a prequel, or them as children.;)

D.I.D.
08-20-2015, 05:28 PM
As for DLC I don't think so, They can always kill one of them off and have them alive in the DLC. <---- Could be a prequel, or them as children.;)

Even that would be a spoiler, I think. People would instantly suspect something! I guess they could offer us a DLC that slots into the story though, like the Ezio ones.

Sorrosyss
08-20-2015, 08:19 PM

Yeah agreed, the sibling rivalry looks a given at this point. I also believe that both characters will end the game alive for the DLC as you say. And will end with Jacob the Ripper. I kid...

Shahkulu101
08-20-2015, 08:27 PM
They're both only 21. Quite young for even one of them to be a Master Assassin to be honest. Was Evie pulling off assassinations at 16? :rolleyes:

And because they're so young and the game takes place over a single year, there will be so much of their life that we might not see. This might actually be a good thing, because I felt that the massive time gaps in the previous games felt artificial. Apparently it took nearly half a decade for Ezio and the thiefs to take down Emilio Barbarigo but it took me less than 45 minutes...

Perhaps, since there's a lot of their lives left, they are keeping it open for a sequel. I wouldn't mind that, if I didn't so desperately want the series to go back in time.

Hans684
08-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Yeah agreed, the sibling rivalry looks a given at this point. I also believe that both characters will end the game alive for the DLC as you say. And will end with Jacob the Ripper. I kid...

If he's simply called "Jack" by others before that it can work.

GunnerGalactico
08-20-2015, 08:41 PM

Reminds me of the time when a forum member joking said that Jack the Ripper is an Assassin. Coincidence!? I think not.

Namikaze_17
08-20-2015, 08:47 PM
How old was Alta´r when he was a Master Assassin?

EDIT: Ah, at 25.
Seems Evie broke his record. :eek:

EmptyCrustacean
08-20-2015, 09:32 PM
The moment you have skill upgrades in the game the protagonists can't be Master Assassins unless they somehow end up losing their rank and having to work their way back up a la Altair. It would go against the continuity of the game.

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 10:46 PM
I have always liked games where my player climbs the ranks as I progress through the game, but having 2 protagonists at a certain level is also good. Even masters have grand masters and a mentor is still a mentor even after one has achieved a master status.. it is a sign of respect.

If Jacob has not attained a master level yet it may mean he is impulsive and headstrong still... whereas Evie may be more thoughtful and stealthy...
it gives each an advantage in different situations.....

I expect the missions may be set as to when we play as each character... but it would have been nice (or maybe it will be nice) if we could decide on how to go about a mission and then decide to choose Jacob or Evie for their different skills and attributes.

Also ... provided neither die... it could end up being a trilogy or more with both having a main solo protagonist or joint game in the future.... which I would like... even though like shahkulu101 I too yearn for a return to centuries back into and around the mediterranean sea.

AquilaTempestas
08-21-2015, 03:51 AM
Thanks for all the responses!

As much as I like Jacob, I am hoping they kill him off and the next game could be about Evie and henry struggling to rebuild

I'm still with the theory Jacob become power hungry (you get snippets of it in the trailers) and maybe Evie has to kill him to save him so to speak. Either that or the rooks turn in him.

I do think Jacob and Evie are very close but perhaps this relationship unravels over time as Jacob builds his mafia

jasper2308
08-21-2015, 08:56 AM

For the longest time, Evie was the only one we had categorized as Master Assassin. However, there's been a few articles and dev blogs that have referred to "Twin Master Assassins", so evidently Jacob is supposed to be one as well. Which drives me nuts, because if you take one look at his character page on the official website, all you see is "brash and reckless" quotes that do not fit with a Master Assassin at all. Evie, I can see being a prodigy, fully dedicated to the Creed, and reaching the rank at an early age, but Jacob? Nah, that's clearly the developers trying to play up the badass aspect :/

Shahkulu101
08-21-2015, 09:18 AM
For the longest time, Evie was the only one we had categorized as Master Assassin. However, there's been a few articles and dev blogs that have referred to "Twin Master Assassins", so evidently Jacob is supposed to be one as well. Which drives me nuts, because if you take one look at his character page on the official website, all you see is "brash and reckless" quotes that do not fit with a Master Assassin at all. Evie, I can see being a prodigy, fully dedicated to the Creed, and reaching the rank at an early age, but Jacob? Nah, that's clearly the developers trying to play up the badass aspect :/

Hm, looks like they may have just used it as an off-hand phrase because they don't regard it as important (which it isn't, really). Wouldn't be surprised if those blogs are proved wrong when the game comes out, because other promotional material has made light of Evie's master status and done no such thing for Jacob. Maybe that's just a coincidence though.

Although those blogs are official, so it makes sense for the wiki to categorize Jacob as a Master Assassin for now. I take it you edit there?

Asperkai
08-21-2015, 03:48 PM

Aww why did you say that? Now my mind will run away with the theory. Jacob messes up because he is brash and thinks he knows enough. Causes his sister to die or injured badly enough that he suddenly starts to follow the creed correctly and not just to suit his own needs.

EmptyCrustacean
08-21-2015, 05:12 PM
Aww why did you say that? Now my mind will run away with the theory. Jacob messes up because he is brash and thinks he knows enough. Causes his sister to die or injured badly enough that he suddenly starts to follow the creed correctly and not just to suit his own needs.

Oh my God, shut up before Ubisoft gets any ideas!!!

jasper2308
08-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Hm, looks like they may have just used it as an off-hand phrase because they don't regard it as important (which it isn't, really). Wouldn't be surprised if those blogs are proved wrong when the game comes out, because other promotional material has made light of Evie's master status and done no such thing for Jacob. Maybe that's just a coincidence though.

Although those blogs are official, so it makes sense for the wiki to categorize Jacob as a Master Assassin for now. I take it you edit there?

Yeah, I do.

I hope you're right that the blogs aren't entirely correct. Maybe Jacob reaches Master Assassin status during the story or after and they're just using it as a buzz word in the dev blogs. I'd prefer that to be honest, because what we know of Jacob right now really dismantles the meaning of the term "Master Assassin" >.>

Jessigirl2013
08-22-2015, 11:14 PM
Even that would be a spoiler, I think. People would instantly suspect something! I guess they could offer us a DLC that slots into the story though, like the Ezio ones.
I don't see how them both being alive in the DLC would be a spoiler?
It could take place before the events of Syndicate. ;)

How old was Alta´r when he was a Master Assassin?

EDIT: Ah, at 25.
Seems Evie broke his record. :eek:
Women are better.:rolleyes:

I have always liked games where my player climbs the ranks as I progress through the game, but having 2 protagonists at a certain level is also good. Even masters have grand masters and a mentor is still a mentor even after one has achieved a master status.. it is a sign of respect.

If Jacob has not attained a master level yet it may mean he is impulsive and headstrong still... whereas Evie may be more thoughtful and stealthy...
it gives each an advantage in different situations.....

I expect the missions may be set as to when we play as each character... but it would have been nice (or maybe it will be nice) if we could decide on how to go about a mission and then decide to choose Jacob or Evie for their different skills and attributes.

Also ... provided neither die... it could end up being a trilogy or more with both having a main solo protagonist or joint game in the future.... which I would like... even though like shahkulu101 I too yearn for a return to centuries back into and around the mediterranean sea.

YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
Im sick of knowing at the start of the game that theres a good chance the character will be forgotten after the story is over.
ACs two favourite protags were featured in multiple games, Don't they see that it aided character development!:mad:

Thanks for all the responses!

As much as I like Jacob, I am hoping they kill him off and the next game could be about Evie and henry struggling to rebuild

I'm still with the theory Jacob become power hungry (you get snippets of it in the trailers) and maybe Evie has to kill him to save him so to speak. Either that or the rooks turn in him.

I do think Jacob and Evie are very close but perhaps this relationship unravels over time as Jacob builds his mafia

No prob, Forums are built on responses.;)

I don't really see Jacob as an assassin. <--- I doubt he cares that much about being a master assassin.
Makes sense that he runs the gang, As I don't see gang members respecting Evie as a woman.

jasper2308
08-23-2015, 11:38 AM
I don't really see Jacob as an assassin. <--- I doubt he cares that much about being a master assassin.
Makes sense that he runs the gang, As I don't see gang members respecting Evie as a woman.

According to the devs, many women who were dissatisfied with their limited options in society turned to crime, so I don't know how much sexism would play a role in the gangs. Bloody Norah heads a partition of the gangs after all, and they seem to obey her just fine.