PDA

View Full Version : Old forum to new, a few thoughts

Melodiam
08-17-2015, 04:28 PM
First off, not a huge fan of the new forum. Logging in was OK, but what is up with the Image Verification? I do not know about anyone else, but mine kept coming up with symbols in the mix. It took about 7 tries just to get something I could actually type. Maybe I am just old school but my keyboard does not have a 'Christian Cross' key, nor one for 'Fleur de lis'.

Second, a suggestion: If the old forums are now locked, how about creating a topic in each forum there linking to the new forum page? The only listing I can find is under News, and as you keep updating the news topic in the old forums for some reason, pretty soon it will be pushed off the page and inaccessible (or at least very well hidden). A Google search still only shows the old forum. As very few people seem to be finding or using the new forum, this probably should be a priority task.

Third, I do not like the new forum. Now, I do realize this is the same as the first point but it was important enough I thought it required mentioning again. The old one had a much darker color scheme, this one I swear I am already getting eye-strain from trying to read the tiny black text in a field of white.

Aguton
08-19-2015, 05:11 PM
As for the image verification, the issue should not be one for you anymore.
I also agree that a link to the old forums should be displayed on all pages here, and will see what I can do about it.
As for the theme, it's first to become more homogeneous, since I will use the one on the main page for the others as well.