PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong? Horrible FPS!

SkypherDZN
08-14-2015, 09:01 PM
I was just launching AC3 for messing around a little bit. I am playing on ultra but my PC should have no problems at all to get constant 60fps on this game. My specs are as follows:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3
CPU: i7-4790k 4.00 GHz

I will post a screenshot I took in AC3. I only had 24fps...

Let me know if this is normal for AC3 or if there are some improvements I can use. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/82ZDpmd.jpg

YazX_
08-15-2015, 10:11 PM
there is something wrong, whats your target resolution and in-game graphics options??

SkypherDZN
08-16-2015, 05:44 PM
My target resolution is 1920x1080 @60Hz

Environment Quality: Max
Texture Quality: Max
Anti-Aliasing Quality: Max
Shadow Quality: Max

YazX_
08-16-2015, 09:12 PM
My target resolution is 1920x1080 @60Hz

Environment Quality: Max
Texture Quality: Max
Anti-Aliasing Quality: Max
Shadow Quality: Max

i have just tried it and i maxed out everything including Nvidia TXAA and got 65+ frames @ 2560x1440p on single heavily OCed GTX 970, so i think your GPU/CPU is not working 100%, install MSI AfterBurner, enable OSD and check CPU and GPU usage and temps for both to monitor, then in-game monitor results and post back.

SkypherDZN
08-17-2015, 10:51 PM
i have just tried it and i maxed out everything including Nvidia TXAA and got 65+ frames @ 2560x1440p on single heavily OCed GTX 970, so i think your GPU/CPU is not working 100%, install MSI AfterBurner, enable OSD and check CPU and GPU usage and temps for both to monitor, then in-game monitor results and post back.

Okey, I downloaded and installed MSI Afterburner. Though, I can't find a setting called OSD and what exactly do you mean with "check CPU and GPU usage and temps for both to monitor, then in-game monitor results". Sorry, but I have never used this tool before -.-

YazX_
08-17-2015, 11:11 PM
Okey, I downloaded and installed MSI Afterburner. Though, I can't find a setting called OSD and what exactly do you mean with "check CPU and GPU usage and temps for both to monitor, then in-game monitor results". Sorry, but I have never used this tool before -.-

This should be handy (but before you watch the vid you need to make sure that you installed RTSS -RivaTuner Statistics Server- when installing MSI AfterBurner, if not then reinstall it and make sure to install RTSS in the installation Wizard):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXCbKOuq8N0

SkypherDZN
08-18-2015, 07:55 PM
This should be handy (but before you watch the vid you need to make sure that you installed RTSS -RivaTuner Statistics Server- when installing MSI AfterBurner, if not then reinstall it and make sure to install RTSS in the installation Wizard):

I managed to fix it, finally. I found a very helpful video on YouTube. The fault was actually Ubisoft's or the way the made the config. I remember that I had this problem when I played AC3 the first time and also solved it back then. I just didn't remember the way to solve it so I asked in the Forums :)

I will leave the link to the video that helped me solve the problem with the low fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajPYu8F1ilk&list=PLZkbb7_ZXB4-oLEvefeDdnBpdqltFWKt3&index=48

Thanks for your help YazX

YazX_
08-18-2015, 10:27 PM
I managed to fix it, finally. I found a very helpful video on YouTube. The fault was actually Ubisoft's or the way the made the config. I remember that I had this problem when I played AC3 the first time and also solved it back then. I just didn't remember the way to solve it so I asked in the Forums :)

I will leave the link to the video that helped me solve the problem with the low fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajPYu8F1ilk&list=PLZkbb7_ZXB4-oLEvefeDdnBpdqltFWKt3&index=48

Thanks for your help YazX

Thanks for sharing and glad you got it sort it out but as an advise, keep MSI AfterBurner, its an excellent software for OC and monitoring.

SkypherDZN
08-20-2015, 06:32 AM
Thanks for sharing and glad you got it sort it out but as an advise, keep MSI AfterBurner, its an excellent software for OC and monitoring.

Damn, its not fixed. I have 60fps in Rogue on Ultra and sometimes even less than 20 in AC3. The highest I get in ac3 is 59. But thats only when opening a chest when I am close up. That is frustrating.

YazX_
08-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Damn, its not fixed. I have 60fps in Rogue on Ultra and sometimes even less than 20 in AC3. The highest I get in ac3 is 59. But thats only when opening a chest when I am close up. That is frustrating.

ok then you need to monitor your GPU and CPU usage using MSI AfterBurner and check if they are being fully utilized in the game.