PDA

View Full Version : French Pacific Campaign: Hints & Tips?

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 07:37 PM
I have judt seen that a huge download is available on the Frenh site, Check-Six. It is a Pacific Campaign for FB.I'm having flashbacks to CFS2 already.

Are there any tricks to setting this up? Are all the briefings in French?

If you have tried it, what are your experiences with installing it?

Do you enjoy playing it?

Curious,

hans

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 07:37 PM
I have judt seen that a huge download is available on the Frenh site, Check-Six. It is a Pacific Campaign for FB.I'm having flashbacks to CFS2 already.

Are there any tricks to setting this up? Are all the briefings in French?

If you have tried it, what are your experiences with installing it?

Do you enjoy playing it?

Curious,

hans

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 08:13 PM
Information on Pacific campaign at Mudmovers

http://www.mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns.htm

XyZspineZyX
12-15-2003, 02:16 AM
Yes, copied below is the extent of what is said about it on Mudmovers. They refer to Check-Six for the download and ancillary files:

A Pacific campaign is available on checksix http://www.checksix-fr.com 130 MB campaign files with Videos, Skins and Missions. Creators are Gaston and 12F_Luga.

To install on English Language FB setups a small change is required to config.ini

[rts]
;ProcessAffinityMask=1
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
locale=us

Change locale=us to locale=fr to run the campaign (This amendment not required if patch has been installed.)

Download campaign files part 1 (80 MB)
Download campaign files part 2 (55 MB)

A patch addressing some issuse has also been released and is available from CheckSix to download the patch select "téléchargement" on the left menu and select Forgotten Battles. Every file contains a readme file. "

English ReadMe File by Thierry Duruz 507 Downloads Download 4kb

Has anyone installed it, tried it, liked or hated it? I'm interested in your opinions and experiences. I'm sure inquiring noobs want to know.

What do you think of it?