PDA

View Full Version : ROGUE vs UNITY SYSTEM SPECS

dbm1911
08-14-2015, 10:24 AM
I have played 'AC 4 BLACK FLAG' on my system and it worked fine.

Intel Pentium CPU G2020@2.9Ghz
8 GB ram
Nvidia GTX 650 ti
Windows 8

I recently installed 'AC UNITY', but the games performance / frame rate was unplayable.

I am thinking of getting AC ROGUE now since I cant play UNITY, but I am wondering are the specs for AC ROGUE less than what is needed for AC UNITY?
Because from what I have seen the graphics quality for AC ROGUE looks similar to AC4 BLACKFLAG.

Jessigirl2013
08-14-2015, 05:23 PM
Unity is just badly optimized for the PC, I don't know anyone who hasn't had issues with it.;)

Rogue is really well optimized, Even more than BF.;)

If you could run BF you can play Rogue with no issues.

Rogues specs are lower than Unity because it is a last gen game and Unity is next gen.;)
Rogue and black flag are built on the same engine using parts from each so they look the same graphically.

Rogue is better than Unity IMO and the MD story is WAY better than Unity's abysmal attempt at modern day. ;)

dbm1911
08-14-2015, 11:06 PM

Great, thanks.

YazX_
08-15-2015, 10:07 PM
Unity is just badly optimized for the PC, I don't know anyone who hasn't had issues with it.;)

Rogue is really well optimized, Even more than BF.;)

Rogues specs are lower than Unity because it is a last gen game and Unity is next gen.;)
Rogue and black flag are built on the same engine using parts from each so they look the same graphically.

Rogue is better than Unity IMO and the MD story is WAY better than Unity's abysmal attempt at modern day. ;)

Unity runs fine now after being patched, i do agree its not the best optimized game for PC but still it has high resolution textures, map size is huge in addition to other advanced post effects and shaders, i have it run maxed out without Nvidia PCSS @ 2560x1440 resolution on single heavily OCed GTX 970 getting 45-50 FPS, the comparison between blackflag/rouge compared to Unity is like day and night.

however, Rouge uses same engine from BlackFlag which doesnt use any high resolution textures and have moderate lighting and post effects, hence to that the game runs good on old hardware, Rouge also has some stuff removed from Blackflag like vegetation collisions which also cope in better performance.

if you run blackflag fine then you can run rouge just fine.