PDA

View Full Version : Help Pls, AI pilots keep crashing

von_Rihker
01-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Im having trouble with the regularity of the AI pilots either crashing into me, or each other, or the ground. This may be a common fault, i dont know. Can anyone offer advice on how to counter this (if there is a way). I am running the latest version of the game.

Thanx

von_Rihker
01-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Im having trouble with the regularity of the AI pilots either crashing into me, or each other, or the ground. This may be a common fault, i dont know. Can anyone offer advice on how to counter this (if there is a way). I am running the latest version of the game.

Thanx

Zeus-cat
01-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Keep in mind that the A in AI is the only accurate part of the phrase.

Seriously though, the AI planes will crash into each other for justifiable reasons. For example, a bomber taking evasive action runs into another bomber or a plane that is damaged loses control and slams into another plane. Other times they just do really stupid things for no apparent reason. This has been discussed in the forums repeatedly.

Some suggestions:
1) If the mission is one designed by you or another person I suggest increasing the distance between flights to avoid collisions.

2) I have noticed AI planes tend to crash more when usinf 4x and 8x acceleration than when flying at normal speed. Avoid accelerating near sharp turns and when under attack.

3) If you are the flight leader you can tell your flight to loosen formation. This spreads out the planes in your formation reducing the chances for collision.

4) Maintain a reasonable speed. If you fly too slow your wingman tends to fly ahead and then loop back towards you. This can cause an obvious crash situation.

Zeus-cat