PDA

View Full Version : Online Server Options Could Be Drastically Improved.

S_M_O_K_Y
02-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Oleg, You spent way to much time giving us so many advanced options for hosting that all the basics and things that make an online game fun have been left out. The servers of this game have been forced to use 3rd party software that is a pain to setup and can be extreamly buggy not to mention taxes the hosts computers cpu and memorey. Flight games that I have played over 5 years ago had thease simple options such as dedicated server, map rotation, improved score keeping, dogfight style missions with bombers that have objectives ect ect the list goes on. Thease options where always simple to use, usually on a screan before you launched a server. Why cant we have this? Wouldn't it be sweet to have a high ping kick setting sitting right in the server start up screan. I have set aside my very best gamming pc and I have dropped a serious amount of loot to the phone company for my connection but im forced to spend countless hours working on 3rd party server features that I absolutly can't stand to run and would rather spend my time flying. Please make an attempt to improve thease aspects. I am very happy about most all other aspects of the game accept im still waiting for my add on to deliver. <S> Keep up the good work other wise.

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_133_1065255198.jpg

S_M_O_K_Y
02-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Oleg, You spent way to much time giving us so many advanced options for hosting that all the basics and things that make an online game fun have been left out. The servers of this game have been forced to use 3rd party software that is a pain to setup and can be extreamly buggy not to mention taxes the hosts computers cpu and memorey. Flight games that I have played over 5 years ago had thease simple options such as dedicated server, map rotation, improved score keeping, dogfight style missions with bombers that have objectives ect ect the list goes on. Thease options where always simple to use, usually on a screan before you launched a server. Why cant we have this? Wouldn't it be sweet to have a high ping kick setting sitting right in the server start up screan. I have set aside my very best gamming pc and I have dropped a serious amount of loot to the phone company for my connection but im forced to spend countless hours working on 3rd party server features that I absolutly can't stand to run and would rather spend my time flying. Please make an attempt to improve thease aspects. I am very happy about most all other aspects of the game accept im still waiting for my add on to deliver. &lt;S&gt; Keep up the good work other wise.

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_133_1065255198.jpg