PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Ability to issue commands

AbyssWalkerX8
08-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Greetings For Honor developers and fellow For Honor fans!

After watching the gameplay video from Gamescom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayHIEYv6Fz0 , I noticed that teamwork plays a major role in determining whether you win or lose. Often, warriors would get hacked down because they were outnumbered and sometimes in the wrong place at the wrong time.

From my experience in online gaming, not everyone has a headset to communicate and in some cases, people choose not too because there are some unsavory people out there who rather trash talk or be rude than just have fun or work as a team.

And then I thought about what Battlefield does with the commo rose menu; I think this would be a great addition to For Honor's gameplay, players could issue commands, like: calling for backup, attack / defend zone A, B, C, follow me, split up, and so on. Here's a link for anyone unsure of what I'm referring to: http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Commo_Rose

Thanks for reading my suggestion! Feedback and criticism welcome!

Havemercy87
08-12-2015, 11:58 AM
I agree, definitely needs in game shout outs/commands to help relieve communication barriers. I would like to imagine everyone would more focused on teamwork than trash talking, but I know this is an issue in every game with vc capabilities..

Yes, definitely vote yes

MisterWillow
08-12-2015, 08:02 PM
I agree as well. L1 currently isn't used for anything (as far as I know). It could easily be used to bring up a radial menu for this.

Good idea.

Solid_Altair
08-13-2015, 10:02 AM
Agreed. This things are very useful. They can be fun, too, as it reinforces the raport between players.

Mr_Moonstone
08-13-2015, 11:54 AM
A definitive Yes. (Especially as I tend to mute VOIP)

Zercon.
08-17-2015, 03:02 AM
I say no NO NO NO

you can not command them in MOBA so why command them here just learn to fight...
they are not pets they are not your squad mates
and if you join a team you do not know everybody will be telling them to go different ways and they will be running around and not killing anything but getting killed

Warphorntek
08-18-2015, 02:23 AM
I would use it but maybe just for large scale battles if they ll come. For now you can see everything with your own eyes. In such small areas i see it like potentional spam.

Willaguy2010
08-19-2015, 12:49 AM
@Zerconan The OP is talking about issuing commands to your player teammates, not the minions. Commanding minions would be a bad idea, but the OP isn't talking about that.

Warphorntek
08-19-2015, 02:12 PM
I know that man.

Mt.Boaty
08-20-2015, 12:47 PM
Such a thing is really important, you can't play a MOBA without teammates.
They are no pets or your slaves that will follow your commands but 4 eyes are better than two and if you
somehow can tell your mate what you see he can react to it, its his decision how he will react but at least he then has a decision and your view of the situation.

And like it is in DotA or LoL you should simply get muted for a short period if you spam.

So keep calm and off with their heads?

Zercon.
08-26-2015, 09:53 PM
@Zerconan The OP is talking about issuing commands to your player teammates, not the minions. Commanding minions would be a bad idea, but the OP isn't talking about that.

like in most MOBA ? where you hit a key and the game says retreat or attack X
them yes i think it is a good idea..... anything to help out the group to stay focus

eyanvenom
09-15-2015, 04:20 AM
Yes, great suggestion!