PDA

View Full Version : Toy Soldiers DLC Legendary Heroes-Does not work(PS4)

Chetballard
08-12-2015, 03:55 AM
I just purchased the game at retail for $29.99 it comes with the code for the legendary heroes pack. I put the code in and yet I cannot access the DLC and it still wants me to purchase it again. Can anyone help? I just wasted $30 since I cannot play what i paid for.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-12-2015, 09:41 AM
Hi Chetballard,

Is the DLC showing for you now?

Regards

Chetballard
08-12-2015, 10:44 AM
Yes it is now for me but it does not work for my secondary account. Everything else works on my secondary account. It should since it follows the same rules as other DLC or games. It says on the paper insert for the legendary heroes pack.. that it permits download to accounts designated primary ps4 system and other ps4 systems when signed in with that account. So yes it does work for me but I cannot share it with my secondary account.

This is a feature that PS4 allows, and it should work. I do enjoy the game however and hope there is a fix or maybe I am doing something wrong. Anyone else thinking about this game, pick it up u would enjoy it. Not much else like this on ps4

Thank you for quick reply

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-12-2015, 11:14 AM
Hi Chetballard,

You are welcome.

I've just confirmed with the developers.

The Legendary Heroes pack is tied to one account which purchased it and cannot be shared by other accounts on the console.

xcbibi
08-12-2015, 05:21 PM
So that means that my other family members cannot play with me locally as the legendary heroes without purchasing the pack on their own PSN accounts? If that's the case, that's asking for too much and a definite deal breaker for me.

WeSailorsFour
08-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Hi Chetballard,

You are welcome.

The Legendary Heroes pack is tied to one account which purchased it and cannot be shared by other accounts on the console.
By the way-- I just added a review for your game on Metacritic.
This is absolutely ridiculous. You are telling me that the game I bought to play with my kids will not allow them to use characters for split screen on the same machine. If this is not fixed I will not be a future customer. Does your company think that customers will not let others know to avoid this happening to them? This is a very greedy, and dishonest business practice. This means that when I buy a game from your company, one member gets to use the whole game and the rest gets to use half of it. Are you kidding me? WHO DO YOU THINK THE TARGET AUDIENCE IS FOR THIS GAME ANYWAY? This is a completely asinine business practice. You have forgotten that you provide a quality product and you get more customers and earn a reputation. You rip off a customer and you lose multiple customers and earn a reputation. I have already warned the local game stores I deal with. Now it is time to let the online community know. I have played many of your games in the past, but I will be looking to other companies now. If other companies adopt the same practice-- I'm free, I'll just spend increased time with my family doing other things. Your company, and it's products, aren't needed. I just enjoyed them in the past, but enjoy them much less now. I won't be buying your products new anytime soon.

Grooben
08-12-2015, 10:19 PM
While I don't share the outrage, I'm having a similar issue.
Physical version on PS4, have redeemed code. Any time I wish to switch Hero I'll get a prompt or "undefined store unavailable" on the four heroes. On occasion, closing the game completely and then going straight to hero select will allow me to use what I want, but then if I go back in there I'm immediately forced back to Kaiser.

kortasthekiller
08-13-2015, 03:45 AM
Physical version on PS4, have redeemed code. Any time I wish to switch Hero I'll get a prompt or "undefined store unavailable" on the four heroes. On occasion, closing the game completely and then going straight to hero select will allow me to use what I want, but then if I go back in there I'm immediately forced back to Kaiser.

I am having the same issue. I redeemed the code from the physical copy insert last night and was able to play for a good amount of time. I went to play this evening and was getting the same error, "Undefined Store Unavailable". It was for all four of the extra heroes. I was able to play against them (Cobra) in the Weekly challenge but not able to play as any of them.

Thank you

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-13-2015, 10:10 AM
Hi Grooben and kortasthekiller, please open a ticket with Technical Support, so they can take a look at this for you https://support.ubi.com/

I will alert the team.

Thanks

kortasthekiller
08-14-2015, 03:35 AM
I spoke with support over the phone and they had me uninstall and restore licenses from the PSN. This didn't work but I went back in and tried to purchase tokens to see if the store was available (error was "Store Unavailable") . Clicking on a Kaiser box to purchase (with X) didn't work but then I hit the Triangle to "Purchase Tokens" and it brought up the 4 options for tokens and dollar amounts. I selected a token and dollar amount option and I was then able to access the store. I exited out of the store and back into the game. Either a fluke or it triggered something and I was able to go and select Cobra Commander as well as the others from the Character select screen. Again, not sure if it was a fluke but mine is working again.

KortasTheKiller

Helo72
08-14-2015, 04:03 AM
Hi Chetballard,

You are welcome.

This doesn't seem right. I see that's how it's actually working, but this is the first DLC I've ran across that isn't accessible to other profiles on the account's primary PS4. There is zero chance I'd pay another $15 for another profile to use the content. Just an odd decision if this was intentional....

Elektr0ns
08-17-2015, 08:28 PM
I just found this out and I figured it was a bug. I suppose I should have read the fine print on the DLC code card. I just trusted that the content was accessible to my wife's account as well. I feel this is kind of a misleading purchase. I have a retail copy I bought as a Warchest Hall of Fame Edition... but for only one account, and anyone else split screen it's just the normal version.

On a side note I have issues with my content showing up as not purchased randomly on the account I redeemed the code on. What's the ETA for this fix?

Helo72
08-17-2015, 08:41 PM
I just found this out and I figured it was a bug. I suppose I should have read the fine print on the DLC code card. I just trusted that the content was accessible to my wife's account as well. I feel this is kind of a misleading purchase. I have a retail copy I bought as a Warchest Hall of Fame Edition... but for only one account, and anyone else split screen it's just the normal version.

Even the fine print on the DLC code card isn't exactly clear. I'm not pleased with this release. First, the physical version is still almost half DLC anyway since it requires a code to use what many people probably bought the game for. I didn't see any mention that the licensed characters had to be downloaded. Second, the content can't be shared between accounts on the same PS4 which would never have been an issue had it been on the disc. I had bought another copy to use on another PS4 in the house, but I think I'm just going to return it.

Elektr0ns
08-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Xpost from another thread.

I've scoured the game case in hopes of finding data informing the consumer that there is DLC included. There is no mention ANYWHERE on it. Time to open the game up. Remove the plastic and what do I see? Well I look at the game disc image stamped as the Hall of Fame edition. Then I find a DLC code insert. So wait up why isn't it on the disc then? That's odd.

Complete advertised content is not there unless a code is entered.

Nice! And to add insult to injury only one PSN account can access this content. So now if my kids wanted to play this they each have to purchase this content for their accounts. This is the only PSN game I've ever had that content is limited in such a manner. I'm feeling a bit ripped off at this point.

TL: DR

PS4 Version: Complete product not on disc and code only works for a single account. Unhappy consumer

xcbibi
08-18-2015, 08:26 PM
For what its worth, if the devs decide to fix or change their DLC policy for this game then it'll be a sure buy for me. This is the biggest factor why I have so far skipped the purchase. I'll keep checking back for updates but my money has gone to Helldivers instead today. Arrowhead addressed a similar issue with their game and I just bought their new Mega reinforcements bundle that includes all released DLC so far for $25. :-).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/HELLDIVERS/An-Open-Letter-to-Our-Players/td-p/45043453

Learn from them, they really know how to support and keep their customers.

CannonballBill
09-08-2015, 03:35 AM
You guys are the worst. Bought the Hall of Fame Edition last week. Played with Duke twice. The DLC has been unaccessible ever since. Don't tell me to keep uninstalling and reinstalling. Just give us the game we paid for. I should've known better than to buy another Ubisoft POS. This is just like the Crew all over again. Great concept, terrible execution.

xEYCx
09-08-2015, 05:18 PM
You guys are the worst. Bought the Hall of Fame Edition last week. Played with Duke twice. The DLC has been unaccessible ever since. Don't tell me to keep uninstalling and reinstalling. Just give us the game we paid for. I should've known better than to buy another Ubisoft POS. This is just like the Crew all over again. Great concept, terrible execution.

Have you tried exiting the main menu after startup and then enter it again? This will load my DLC after doing this. Very stupid, I know. We have to find ways to trick the game into working the way it is supposed to.

jcpan
11-07-2015, 02:48 AM
cheap toys sale online....taobao (http://www.taobao.com/)

Rockbadgerx
11-30-2015, 12:39 PM
As part of a Black Friday treat I downloaded a few new PS4 games from playstation store for my son (just him and me, single father). I don't live in the city. I don't live in the suburbs. I live in a rural location where I don't have unlimited internet access. In fact, call my connection none existant. Except now and then I can arrange for a night session of online gaming and downloading.

So... I purchased War Chest (full version with He Man & stuff). But, guess what. I can't play the damn game! Oh, I'm glad to find out now that I can't share the DLC content with other console users. Brilliant arsehole in marketing who came up with that. Marketing Genius - "Hey, developer, make sure you really screw them."

But, that doesn't matter because I can't even play the damned game. I played the tutorial. Thought this isn't bad. Purchased some things with tokens. Got the main screen. Then... nothing. No radical combination of inspired button pushing or analogue stick moving can get me past that screen. No turning on another controller. No disconnecting the controller to see if there's some default window. No leaving the game and turning it back on again. Nada. Just a pretty screen full of options mocking me.

So after reading a bunch of pissed of other people's similar stories all over the internet, but still not getting a response that I rely on (seeing as my screen still freezes at main screen and back > back > down > left > triangle > R3 doesn't seem to do anything) I ask can War Chest be played offline? Or have I also wasted my money? Is it possible to play a single player skirmish/campaign on my couch, just me, by myself, to relax? Where the hell did ubisoft go wrong and start stuffing pineapples up people's butts for personal (greedy corporate) gain? If you could sell blank disks in pretty packaging would you do that?

You see it's very simple. Person sees game advertised. Person says, "I will buy that game". Person buys the game. Game doesn't work.

What's the story?

Rockbadgerx
12-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Hi all, rather than edit my previous post I decided to post again to increase the chance of this actually being read.

Please note in regard to my earlier rant- I got War Chest working fine offline. I'm not sure how. I got my PS4 connected online again. It played fine. When I took my PS4 offline the game still worked fine. It plays great in one player couch mode. Have not tried two player, but solo is glitchless and have completed first 5 maps.

So I'm swapping my angst for a full two thumbs up to Ubisoft for another cool game. Much enjoyable with a few quirky surprises and lots of fun. Excellent graphics!

:rolleyes::o