PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy Rooks edition after release?

king-hailz
08-11-2015, 09:21 PM
This may seem like a stupid question but this is the first time I'm not pre ordering an assassins creed game. I've decided not to buy this and look at the walk through on YouTube to see what happens in the story. However on the 10% chance that this is going to be worth buying I would like to buy it in a collectors edition. Since I have every single assassins creed in the collectors edition I don't want to ruin it.

So is there any chance I can buy the collectors edition after the game has been released and how long after? If it's not good then I'm just not gonna buy it.

Alphacos007
08-11-2015, 09:27 PM
You can, but it'll probably cost you like twice of what it was on release, unless you would accept and used like-new version, then it would be about the same price.

Jessigirl2013
08-14-2015, 05:28 PM
You can, but it'll probably cost you like twice of what it was on release, unless you would accept and used like-new version, then it would be about the same price.

Stores will still stock it even after the release date.
Only if they sell out will it not be available new.

You can still buy Unitys collectors editions from retailers.;)
So you will probably be able to get it with Syndicate too.

Also the price goes down after the release date :rolleyes: not up.
Only after retailers sell out it goes up.

Alphacos007
08-14-2015, 07:29 PM
Well, true, but Unity was a rare case where the game was heavily criticized. If Syndicate gets good critics, the price of such collections will be higher. Just take a look at the Witcher 3 ones, for example. You can still find many of them from retailers, because they were huge and not many were sold. The price, on the other hand, is ridiculously high, the cheapest I can find in my country is 200 euros, even though I'm sure there are cheaper ones in other places, and that's because the game did well. You cannot get any of the previous AC games collector editions for the standard price either, unless you get an already opened version. I bought AC4's one on a retailer that still had some unsold copies here, and the price was 20 bucks higher than the "right" price. It all depends on the game's reception.

Jessigirl2013
08-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Well, true, but Unity was a rare case where the game was heavily criticized. If Syndicate gets good critics, the price of such collections will be higher. Just take a look at the Witcher 3 ones, for example. You can still find many of them from retailers, because they were huge and not many were sold. The price, on the other hand, is ridiculously high, the cheapest I can find in my country is 200 euros, even though I'm sure there are cheaper ones in other places, and that's because the game did well. You cannot get any of the previous AC games collector editions for the standard price either, unless you get an already opened version. I bought AC4's one on a retailer that still had some unsold copies here, and the price was 20 bucks higher than the "right" price. It all depends on the game's reception.

I know it was heavy criticised but sales number were still as high as ever ;)

If happened with BF as well though and that game was praised by nearly all critics.;)
Collectors editions were still available after and at a significantly lower price ;)

Sure you never know what will happen.
But since that's been the case for 2 entries, Its unlikely that it will be different.

EDIT- ACRG and Unity sold more than farcry 4, and collectors editions were still available after launch at the same, or a lower price point.