PDA

View Full Version : Attention Oleg: v1.21 Bugs... I think

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 11:55 PM
I know Oleg has improved Security for FB and found one thing that's a pain. When flying online, skins for your flying buddies do not download as fast to Net Cashe as before the patch. It takes up to 3 or 4 times connecting to get them fully downloaded.

Also the Level Stabilizer works for the Bombers only (no longer working for fighters)... the He-111 is the only one I've checked so far. And now I can't even work the gunner stations. Another friend of mine has found the same thing with his FB.

Oleg, was this an overwrite or oversight with the v1.21 patch or is something amiss with my FB files? All my controls are set the same as before the install of v1.21. Is there a fix?

Message Edited on 12/13/0306:04PM by GT182

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 11:55 PM
I know Oleg has improved Security for FB and found one thing that's a pain. When flying online, skins for your flying buddies do not download as fast to Net Cashe as before the patch. It takes up to 3 or 4 times connecting to get them fully downloaded.

Also the Level Stabilizer works for the Bombers only (no longer working for fighters)... the He-111 is the only one I've checked so far. And now I can't even work the gunner stations. Another friend of mine has found the same thing with his FB.

Oleg, was this an overwrite or oversight with the v1.21 patch or is something amiss with my FB files? All my controls are set the same as before the install of v1.21. Is there a fix?

Message Edited on 12/13/0306:04PM by GT182

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 12:04 AM
GT182 wrote:
- I know Oleg has improved Security for FB and found
- one thing that's a pain. When flying online, skins
- for your flying buddies do not download as fast to
- Net Cashe as before the patch. It takes up to 3 or 4
- times connecting to get them fully downloaded.
-
- Also the Level Stabilizer works for the Bombers only
- (no longer working for fighters)... the He-111 is
- the only one I've checked so far. And now I can't
- even work the gunner stations. Another friend of
- mine has found the same thing with his FB.
-
- Oleg, was this an overwrite or oversight with the
- v1.21 patch or is something amiss with my FB files?
- All my controls are set the same as before the
- install of v1.21. Is there a fix?
-
-

Level stabilizer was intentionally removed from aircraft other than bombers. It could be used online as a cheat and was really needed or realistic in fighters anyway.

Press "A" when you enter a gunner position to turn off the AI control of the position. Press A again to turn it back on before you leave.

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 12:12 AM
Thanks A.K., don't know that about the A key before and after using gunner station.

I don't really think any of us thought of or used Level Stabilizer as a cheat. It was handy tho for typing messages when you needed to. Flick it on, type what you needed and flick it off. Other than that it had no real purpose except for a long boring flight to the front. (wink) Besides you had to tweak it every so often to stay level.

Message Edited on 12/13/0306:17PM by GT182

XyZspineZyX
12-14-2003, 01:57 AM
The 'autopilot automation' key [default Q, I think] controls whether the autopilot flicks off when you go to the different stations.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/worker_parasite.jpg

Need help with NewView? Read this thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=yzbcj)