PDA

View Full Version : How Excited Are You For AC: Syndicate?

Sanbutt995
08-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Hello all AC fans......

I just saw the gamescom trailer for Syndicate and feel like Ubisoft has a good game on their hands, but after watching the Evie gameplay I'm a bit torn on how I feel. It's still the same game as the one's before it, which is expected at this point I suppose. But with the inclusion of the rope launcher, the Voltaic bombs, and Evie's camoflauge ability it seems like Ubisoft is just throwing in random mechanics for the sake of having them. I will say that I am cautiosly optimistic for the game. I think the story can be good and this mysterious new cycle for their modern day does interest me but Evie gameplay they showed is a bit concerning as they are drastically moving from the historical accuracy that made Assassin's Creed great.

steveeire
08-11-2015, 03:25 AM
You will not find to many who are optimistic about it here, some even outright hate it, and me, because of Unity on a scale of 1 - 10 of excitement I'm about a 4, I'm really hoping it pulls a Black Flag and is awesome.

Alphacos007
08-11-2015, 09:49 AM
I'd give it a 7/10, I'm optimistic that it'll pull a AC4 on Unity, but I don't have any high expectations, the Unity disaster broke my whole hype for the series, I'm hoping that Syndicate can bring it back.

Namikaze_17
08-11-2015, 09:55 AM
^ Eh, I'll say the same as my Templar comrade above. What I've seen so far and the setting has gotten me excited, but not hyped as I don't get hyped for games.

GunnerGalactico
08-11-2015, 10:04 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. So far it looks good, not great. I've seen a few familiar features from the previous games on the Evie gameplay and that's sort of getting my hopes up.

king-hailz
08-11-2015, 10:52 AM
I never liked the setting, Jacob is boring and he is 80% of the game, Evie seems interesting but is only 20% of the games story. The game play I've seen so far looks boring like Unity was and the additions they do add are stupid. I'm excited that I heard of the shroud of Eden, however after hearing this is going in the direction of unity and is in the same cycle as unity I am not optimistic because Unity is just a waste of my time and money. Out of a rating of 10 I would give my excitement a 2 at most.

I don't think it will pull an AC4 because AC4 took such a massive risk with the gameplay and was completely different to AC3. This looks the same and doesn't add anything, and takes away the main marketing point of ACU, the Co op. The only thing this game has going is the story because we don't know what it will be like by looking at some trailers.

I am not going to buy this game. I am gonna watch the walkthrough on YouTube seeing that all I may care about is the story, and since the game play isn't going to interest me I might as well just watch it. I'm not wasting my money on this franchise anymore.

Sorrosyss
08-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I'd say about a 7 out of ten on the hype meter. As others said, Unity has been the lowest point in the series for me.

On the one hand, I like the setting - as I live in London, so will be fun to see streets that I know. I like the dual protagonist thing, and of course Evie. They are making all the right noises about bringing back modern day, and I'm a fan of the writer, so potentially this could be a bounce back to form that I'm hoping for.

On the other hand. I deplore the loss of multiplayer, as I really want to see it expanded substancially over what we have had previously. It's a major corner cut for me, and then I see glitches in the most recent gameplay videos, and reports of the demo crashing at Gamescom. I just pray they actually are going to proper QA this game, as another Unity debacle launch, littered with bugs, will finish what little hope a lot of the fanbase seemingly has. So yeh, a lot riding on Syndicate. There are a lot of talented people at Ubisoft though, so I remain hopeful.

Codarsnacht
08-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Probably a 7/10. I never buy AC on release day, I always wait for Xmas as I have more time to play then. I'm sure once the game comes out I will get more excited -- that's if it's not a mess like last year, though.

ninja4hire10
08-11-2015, 12:54 PM
7.5, maybe 8.

I'm always excited and look forward to every AC release, especially BF, which ranked about an 11 on the my personal hype scale. Unity as well, as I didn't hate it as much as most others in the community. There's a lot to look forward to in AC:S (dual protags, lots of side-mission busy work) and a lot I'm cautious about (invisibility, MD, rope launcher.) But seeing as how I don't play too many games, AC has become what I do to occupy myself over the long dreary winter.

I don't have much of a choice. I gotta be kinda excited.

Altair1789
08-11-2015, 02:14 PM
I'll say 6 in excitement. I think it'll be good, but I'm not that excited. After Unity's marketing campaign, I'm not going to be trusting Ubisoft on what we're not sure of

Goxxi
08-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Like our people says " Jump first and then say hooop".

Generally ACS looks really good , but something makes me worried , from Assassin's Creed I do expect a good and deep story , conspiracies , secret societies , mysteries, esoteric stuffs , TWCB , chase for ancient artefacts , familiar historical figures, unexpected twists, etc..........but for now I do not see that they are pushing that and that game goes into that direction.
But we will see in October ; )

pacmanate
08-11-2015, 02:52 PM
I would say a 6. If Unity never happened and this was the first "next" gen AC then it would probably be a 9.

dargor5
08-11-2015, 05:13 PM
I'm very excited, to bad I have to wait a while for it to be on pc but well rather it be optimized. I actually hope it lives up to Unity's level, insane am I? Perhaps, but if Unity would have launched say march this year when most of the game was patched up it would have been the best AC ever, or at least a pretty dam good one. I just hope they follow CDProjectRed's example, if is not ready DO NOT release it.

Also if you think about it, Ubisoft always has one AC game be a "beta" then it blows it out of the water with the next one, examples: AC1 and AC2, AC3 and AC4. If they continue the trend Syndicate is the best AC ever, because now they learned from Unity and improved the engine

Xstantin
08-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Going by scale, it was about 8 when the leaks happened, now it's about 6. But I always tend to be more excited about the games in theory with the setting/ideas/speculation.

EmptyCrustacean
08-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Unity has ruined AC for many people and the fact that Ubisoft seem to be hiding Syndicate behind the "it's pre alpha!" is not a good sign.

steveeire
08-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Its not as if it hasn't come back from being ruined before.

Shahkulu101
08-11-2015, 10:07 PM

I know, so few people acknowledge this. One bad game and the series is doomed to hell for all eternity.

Fact is that AC will always be a series with good games, bad games and something in between. Never consistently good or bad - Syndicate looks alright. I think it will be fine but won't blow anybody away - so somewhere in between.

In terms of excitement, I'm looking forward to it a little bit. Not much to get hyped about but I like the story premise, the setting and the Evie mission looked quite fun.

Farlander1991
08-11-2015, 10:18 PM
Fact is that AC will always be a series with good games, bad games and something in between.

Honestly, I wouldn't say AC (well, the main series at least) had actually bad games. AC doesn't really do less than average, even games that are not favoured by a lot of fans, like ACIII or Unity (which undoubtedly had a disastrous launch) are not bad games.

Shahkulu101
08-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't say AC (well, the main series at least) had actually bad games. AC doesn't really do less than average, even games that are not favoured by a lot of fans, like ACIII or Unity (which undoubtedly had a disastrous launch) are not bad games.

Yeah I agree with that actually, but other people have different definitions of bad.

EmptyCrustacean
08-11-2015, 11:02 PM

No, sorry, nobody wants to admit it but this narrative of AC3 being a disaster that almost destroyed the franchise is just not true.
AC3 may have been disliked for its rigid gameplay but it was appreciated for its innovation. Unity isn't even that.
It's universally hated by hardcore AC fans and casuals alike and its technical flaws made headlines worldwide. Even the BBC picked that up. People were outraged that Ubisoft blatantly released an unfinished game.

If there is one thing I've leant about gamers is that they will forgive everything apart from technical hiccups:
bad frame rate
bad graphics
downgrade
bad pc ports

are unacceptable in the gaming community and Ubisoft had all these problems in 2014. There wasn't nearly as much negativity and lack of hype leading up to AC4's release let's put it that way.

steveeire
08-11-2015, 11:13 PM
I remember after AC3 everyone thought the franchise was dead, people hated it at the time, every second thread on this board was a thread about AC3 hate, AC4 saved the franchise, all you need to do is look at the initial sales numbers of AC4 it wasn't selling well because of AC3, until word slowly got out that it was actually a good game. Time and rose tinted glasses do strange things to people.