PDA

View Full Version : Localization

lilithn
08-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Dear Ubisoft, for the love of all that Heroes, do not enforce local language on us, but let us select between english / local. The translations are godawful, it is as if the translators have no effing clue about what they are translating. Just a short example: in Heroes VI for the one-shot magic scrolls in the spellbook the "charge" meaning how many shot this magic have is translated to a hungarian word meaning when eg. troops are charging the enemy (roham vs töltet). Two totally different meanings! Many times the quests are very misleading verging on incomprehensible due to very poor understanding of heroes technicalities /stupid word selections. Please Ubisoft, how much space on the dvd, how much minimal goodwill on your part would it take to let us select it. The translations are ridiculous!

Elle-One
08-10-2015, 09:22 AM
https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/mmh7-option-menu

Check the first picture. You can select your language.

lilithn
08-10-2015, 10:57 AM
According to my retailer the game will be available only in Hungarian, it is even emphasized on the game page,

"A játék magyar felirattal lesz játszható. Angol nyelven a játék nem lesz játszható."

but thanks for the reply! :o

Elle-One
08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
I'd listen to the developers on that question. ;-) Why would there be a language option if you couldn't change it?

lilithn
08-11-2015, 07:42 AM
I'd listen to the developers on that question. ;-) Why would there be a language option if you couldn't change it? You are right, hope dies last ;)

neroon1987
08-12-2015, 09:20 AM
In Russia Steam also says I can only receive Russian localization. While I respect localizators' work, it would be nice still to have an option to buy original version. I, for one, would be perfectly fine to pay those 50$ for it instead of 2k RUB, even though latter is more than 1.5x less nowadays. I guess it's old gamers' allergy to any localizations speaking.