PDA

View Full Version : How Far Will the Assassin's Creed Franchise Go?

Jwmred
08-09-2015, 07:59 AM
So, in AC Syndicate, there are new inventions, and time is coming closer and closer to ours. Syndicate is in the 1860's and the years haven't gone down. My question is: will assassin's creed ever get to the 1900's. Even the 2000's?

HDinHB
08-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Yes.

Almost all the games have a 21st century component. You can google Desmond or floating tablet for more info.

There are many many threads discussing possible future directions of the series, including storylines in the 19th and 20th centuries. Personally I hope we go back in time a few centuries first.,

Sorrosyss
08-09-2015, 11:00 AM
They have gone to great lengths to declare Syndicate as the first modern era game. The first of more one has to assume.

I can't see them spending so much time on developing and promoting the rope launcher and carriages to then just suddenly drop them for the next title. As with the naval mechanics, they do like to repurpose them. If they were suddenly to jump back several hundred years, we'd likely lose both.

There are numerous settings between 1868 and the modern day that they can use yet. I've said before that I personally think the next game is in Egypt in the early 1900s. But it could be anything really. The world wars, Russian Revolution, Cold War etc.

It's a shame that they have wasted China, India, and Russia on Chronicles, as they would all be amazing as full games. Japan too. I think a lot of fans want an asian setting now, just to make the universe feel a bit more global than North America and Europe. (anddd the middle east).

But as with all entertainment, it'll keep going as long as it makes money. And we have revisited some countries before, so we'll see I guess.

SixKeys
08-09-2015, 12:22 PM
I can't see them spending so much time on developing and promoting the rope launcher and carriages to then just suddenly drop them for the next title. As with the naval mechanics, they do like to repurpose them. If they were suddenly to jump back several hundred years, we'd likely lose both.

Nah. Carriages have been around since AC2, they're not as new and revolutionary as the devs like to pretend. The difference is they're not on-rails anymore but moving objects which you can control and leave at any time, basically a repurposed ship mechanic. The rope launcher is a mix of the ziplines from ACR and the Eagle Flight from ToKW. Syndicate is all about recycling old ideas which makes me believe it's more of a cost-effective inbetween-game between Unity and the next big leap in the franchise.They can always find ways to reskin mechanics that have already been introduced even if we jump back several hundred years. They can come up with made-up weapons like the hookblade or even wild fantasies like the animal powers in ToKW. Change of era doesn't have to limit the devs from recycling, and in all likelihood won't.

Altair1789
08-09-2015, 12:25 PM
If we're lucky the furthest we'll go is the 1920s for a DLC...( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I have no doubt that they'll go back in time after Syndicate, unless they continue Jacob's/ Evie's stories. Lightbulbs, trains, electricity, they went pretty far for an AC game. Further than most would like, but I'm glad

steveeire
08-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Wish they would hurry up and give us a game set in the 21st Century and a game as far back as the 1st civilisation.

Going4Quests
08-09-2015, 01:52 PM
Right now Ubisoft has said to have plans for the upcoming 20 years, I believe AccessTheAnimus stated it.

Sorrosyss
08-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Nah. Carriages have been around since AC2, they're not as new and revolutionary as the devs like to pretend. The difference is they're not on-rails anymore but moving objects which you can control and leave at any time, basically a repurposed ship mechanic. The rope launcher is a mix of the ziplines from ACR and the Eagle Flight from ToKW. Syndicate is all about recycling old ideas which makes me believe it's more of a cost-effective inbetween-game between Unity and the next big leap in the franchise.They can always find ways to reskin mechanics that have already been introduced even if we jump back several hundred years. They can come up with made-up weapons like the hookblade or even wild fantasies like the animal powers in ToKW. Change of era doesn't have to limit the devs from recycling, and in all likelihood won't.

Well, in the case of carriages they have made a point of covering systems that will introduce a working traffic system in Syndicate. In short, so they can switch the skins to cars if they should want to. That's how I see it, but I see your points.

When I played Tyranny, I became obsessed with using eagle flight, even on smaller buildings. I can see many players becoming accustomed to using the rope launcher that it will feel really obvious if it is removed going forwards. Not sure how they can argue it away to be included again in older time periods, unless it is with powers as you say. To my knowledge we haven't even got the tech now to build a wrist mounted rope launcher, so its already a stretch of the imagination having one in Victorian London.

pacmanate
08-09-2015, 07:51 PM
They have gone to great lengths to declare Syndicate as the first modern era game. The first of more one has to assume.

I doubt it. I mean, the rope launcher is getting lots of promoting because of how wide the streets are and how it accommodates it. They are just justifying the concept of the rope launcher.

steveeire
08-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Batman in Victorian London.

GunnerGalactico
08-09-2015, 07:58 PM
I honestly believe that there is no boundary line out there that this franchise will not cross. We will definitely get a game that is set during the 1900's.

VestigialLlama4
08-09-2015, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't mind them going into the 20th Century so long as they do an interesting period that hasn't been done. I don't mean Prohibition Chicago, or 40s New York as cool as those settings might be, I mean places like Shanghai or 20s Berlin.

But at this point they are only going to do focus-group tested and fan request periods and settings since the ethos and original concept of AC has long gone.

Namikaze_17
08-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Kinda got the setting I wanted so I don't care where we go next.

Locopells
08-09-2015, 11:38 PM
To be strictly fair, they have gone back in time, when they did ACIV:BF/FC/Rogue, all of which pre-dated the events of ACIII...

DumbGamerTag94
08-10-2015, 01:35 AM
I really hope they don't go beyond 1920. I think the latest I can handle would be WW1 or Russian Revolution just because of the uniqueness of those settings.

But if I wanted a WW2 or Cold War AC I'd just go play Saboteur, Sniper Elite, or the Metal Gear solid games set in the Cold War(3,Portable Ops,Peace Walker,Ground Zeros, and 5). And for non-military AC style action set between the 30s-now I would just play the mafia series or GTA.(Mafia 3 looks amazing btw and I'm really looking forward to the late 60s setting)

My hopes are they tackle the American Civil War sometime in the next year or two. considering it was only 7 years before Syndicates time I would think it would be easy to reuse assets and even bring in naval again. That's just my #1 desired setting. Many historical figures, chaos on battlefields and on the home fronts, opportunity for multiple protags again like syndicate(with either north south or black white or both). Not to mention tackling those kinds of issues is bound to crate some kind of controversy no matter how respectfully or accurately it's handled. The controversy(even if it's silly) could help boost sales and interest in the series.

Jessigirl2013
08-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Yes.

Almost all the games have a 21st century component. You can google Desmond or floating tablet for more info.

There are many many threads discussing possible future directions of the series, including storylines in the 19th and 20th centuries. Personally I hope we go back in time a few centuries first.,

Who else is hoping Syndicate has a third person MD protagonist? ;)

If we're lucky the furthest we'll go is the 1920s for a DLC...( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I have no doubt that they'll go back in time after Syndicate, unless they continue Jacob's/ Evie's stories. Lightbulbs, trains, electricity, they went pretty far for an AC game. Further than most would like, but I'm glad
Yeah.. its the last interesting timeframe before WWII.
An AC game with machine guns is as bad as it sounds.....
;)
Would be nice if they continued with the protagonists (especially if one of them dies ;)) As it would be an interesting concept.

Right now Ubisoft has said to have plans for the upcoming 20 years, I believe AccessTheAnimus stated it.
Plans...
It means they have a general idea of where they could go, but things could change <---- Especially if they mess up Syndicate like Unity.:rolleyes:

I doubt it. I mean, the rope launcher is getting lots of promoting because of how wide the streets are and how it accommodates it. They are just justifying the concept of the rope launcher.

You cant deny though it is needed because of the wider streets.
Otherwise freerunning would be pointless as it would be so slow.;)

I doubt the rope launcher would be in another AC game unless its as modern as Syndicate.<---- for the wider streets:rolleyes:
Its not involved in combat ( which is good IMO as this isn't batman!;)) so it doubt it would make it to another AC game.

dxsxhxcx
08-10-2015, 02:20 PM
I really hope they don't go further than Syndicate in the historical times.

it would be nice to have a game set in Alexandria and some other cities close to it (multiple cities! yay!) a few decades after Darim moved there with his brother's widow, Darim would act as the Mentor and we could play as one of Sef' sons, the Order would be similar to Al Mualim's in hierarchy (something I really miss from AC1), still using feathers to prove the elimination of the target and settling Bureaus (2 or 3 per city, depending of its size) in the cities to expand their influence (this could be a new feature) and the protagonist would answer to them as Altair did.

Shahkulu101
08-10-2015, 02:35 PM
They can do a 1920's game in Germany and that's all is accept as far forward as that.

itsamea-mario
08-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Too far.

Batman in Victorian London.

Yeah man, Gotham by Gaslight, cancelled game.
Pretty interesting concept though, when i first saw screenshots and stuff from syndicate, guy dressed all in black, throwing knives and a grappling hook, all i could think was Gotham by Gaslight.

Hans684
08-10-2015, 06:37 PM
To infinity and beyond.

Rugterwyper32
08-10-2015, 06:46 PM
If they go as far as the 20th century, the only thing I hope for is that they make a game set in Guatemala from the beginning of Manuel Estrada Cabrera's regime all the way to his death (1924), maybe even to the end of Jose Maria Orellana's regime and death (1926). I mean, there's some fascinating stuff here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Estrada_Cabrera

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mar%C3%ADa_Orellana

steveeire
08-10-2015, 06:47 PM
To infinity and beyond.
lol that was my thought when I first seen this thread.