PDA

View Full Version : 1000lb bomb problem...

EmbarkChief
07-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Somthing wierd has been happening to me lately. While flying online COOP's I've noticed that sometimes my bombs do NO damage to ground targets. This occurs with our without bomb delay about 1 in every 3 tries. The bombs detonate, but there is no damage to the ground targets which are literally sitting in the crater unscathed! WTF? Never noticed this until the last few weeks. Yesterday was a prime example, dropped (2)1000lb bombs on a flight of 4 109G6's getting ready for take off. The bombs detonated under/on the number 2 plane in line. The aircraft then proceeded to take off one by one with no visible damage. In the past this would have resulted in 1,2, and 3 planes completely destroyed with #4 having suffered some sort of catastrophic damage. The same thing has happend with tanks as well, bombs literally exploding underneath the tank with no effects one time, and the next it destorys 1 or 2. Same tanks, same bombs, same map, same point of impact. Any ideas?

EmbarkChief
07-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Somthing wierd has been happening to me lately. While flying online COOP's I've noticed that sometimes my bombs do NO damage to ground targets. This occurs with our without bomb delay about 1 in every 3 tries. The bombs detonate, but there is no damage to the ground targets which are literally sitting in the crater unscathed! WTF? Never noticed this until the last few weeks. Yesterday was a prime example, dropped (2)1000lb bombs on a flight of 4 109G6's getting ready for take off. The bombs detonated under/on the number 2 plane in line. The aircraft then proceeded to take off one by one with no visible damage. In the past this would have resulted in 1,2, and 3 planes completely destroyed with #4 having suffered some sort of catastrophic damage. The same thing has happend with tanks as well, bombs literally exploding underneath the tank with no effects one time, and the next it destorys 1 or 2. Same tanks, same bombs, same map, same point of impact. Any ideas?

Resident_Jock
07-14-2004, 01:29 PM
I've noticed in the Warclouds 44+ server that on numerous occasions, tanks and soft targets will withstand near misses from 1000lb. bombs (I'm talking about a pair of bombs landing within 5 feet on either side of a tank and not killing it) or withstanding direct hits from several rocket salvos. It's possible that it's a bug in the netcode, afterall it only seems to happen online. Maybe the server thinks the ground targets are somewhere else, and not actually in the places you are hitting?

http://thecasualty.homestead.com/files/resident_siggy.jpg

EmbarkChief
07-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Maybe, but I'm the one hosting http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif

LW_lcarp
07-14-2004, 01:42 PM
And the 1000 pound bomb is the same size as the 500 pound bomb WTF is up with that

"If winning isnt everything why do they keep score"
Vince Lombardi

BS87
07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
They are not the same size... you can see this clearly on the P38 and P47.

LeadSpitter_
07-14-2004, 02:54 PM
online it has to be direct center of the tank, if it hits the side even when the impact crator is halfway under the tank it wont kill it.

Offline you drop 2 1000s and can get 3-4 tanks. Badnetcode or they did it on purpose to make reaching objectives slightly tougher i dunno.

same for rockets you can make 3-4 passes if 1 rocket hits it each time the tank will not be destroyed 4 1 shot hits.

but if you get the tank deadon with two rockets perfect covergence 2 will kill the tank.

People say hit the tank in the back I notice no difference and dont think ground items are that complex with dms.

2 will kill any tank in the front side rear direct top just as easy but if 1 rocket hits anywhere it wont be destroyed even with all your rockets with 1 rocket hitting each time not two.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/LSIG1.gif

[This message was edited by LeadSpitter_ on Wed July 14 2004 at 02:22 PM.]

embark247
07-14-2004, 03:01 PM
OT

Hey EmbarkChief are you an 0431? I am an Embark Chief as well which is why I ask.

S!
Embark

EmbarkChief
07-14-2004, 05:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by embark247:
OT

Hey EmbarkChief are you an 0431? I am an Embark Chief as well which is why I ask.

S!
Embark<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOH RAH!

Yes I am/was, EAS'd about 1.5 years ago. Spent most of my enlistment at Camp Pendleton. Are you still active? When did you go in?

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
07-14-2004, 05:32 PM
i DO have the same problem.

It is no problem for the 1000lb it is for bombs generally. (i had tanks which surived 1 direct hit of 2x500kg[SD500] (2x1000lb), than tank was the T40 [the small thing..].

however i think it has to do with the leaked 2.02 i once installed and than repatched to 2.01 i think i do have this problem since then....

i think i'll give it an other try tomorrow and then probably reinstall my AEP.

http://www.g-c-p.de/sigbib/hh/blacksheep.jpg

DangerForward
07-14-2004, 05:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
online it has to be direct center of the tank, if it hits the side even when the impact crator is halfway under the tank it wont kill it.

Offline you drop 2 1000s and can get 3-4 tanks. Badnetcode or they did it on purpose to make reaching objectives slightly tougher i dunno.

same for rockets you can make 3-4 passes if 1 rocket hits it each time the tank will not be destroyed 4 1 shot hits.

but if you get the tank deadon with two rockets perfect covergence 2 will kill the tank.

People say hit the tank in the back I notice no difference and dont think ground items are that complex with dms.

2 will kill any tank in the front side rear direct top just as easy but if 1 rocket hits anywhere it wont be destroyed even with all your rockets with 1 rocket hitting each time not two.

http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/leadspitter/LSIG1.gif

[This message was edited by LeadSpitter_ on Wed July 14 2004 at 02:22 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had pretty good luck with the standard bombs, but I've had the AB500 burst in the air and have the sub-munitions disappear. My hunch is it's a problem with the dedicated server code.

DangerForward

EmbarkChief
07-14-2004, 05:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ToP_BlackSheep:
i DO have the same problem.

It is no problem for the 1000lb it is for bombs generally. (i had tanks which surived 1 direct hit of 2x500kg[SD500] (2x1000lb), than tank was the T40 [the small thing..].

however i think it has to do with the leaked 2.02 i once installed and than repatched to 2.01 i think i do have this problem since then....

i think i'll give it an other try tomorrow and then probably reinstall my AEP.

http://www.g-c-p.de/sigbib/hh/blacksheep.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never DL'd the leaked patch. Something is amiss.

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
07-14-2004, 05:45 PM
hmm strange :/

verry strange, i think it can'T be the netcode (at least not when u are the host).

Could be dedicated server for me too (a squad-mate is running one...we usually play there hmm.. i think i'll check it tomorrow)

http://www.g-c-p.de/sigbib/hh/blacksheep.jpg

Gibbage1
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
I dropped the 2 sc2000 from an He-111 in the middle of a bunch of cars. No kills. I flew back to base (online BTW) and picked up another He-111 with the 2 sc2000. Dropped in the same area, killed something like 20 cars, 4 tanks, and a few AA's.

Its something a little buggy. I had this happen twice! One time my bomb went off right under my wingman with no damage and he was FEET from the explosion of 2 sc2000!

Fennec_P
07-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Lots of time I've noticed this as a client, since IL-2. Bombs or rockets don't do damage to objects that were clearly hit.

One time I was hosting, and I saw one of my wingmen drop a SC500 on a cluster of explosive traincars, and nothing happened. Then another player dropped and hit the same spot, and the cars blew up.

EmbarkChief
07-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one.

embark247
07-16-2004, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by embark247:
OT

S!
Embark
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOH RAH!

Yes I am/was, EAS'd about 1.5 years ago. Spent most of my enlistment at Camp Pendleton. Are you still active? When did you go in? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. I been pretty busy and I haven't had an opportunity to check the boards out.

Yes I am still active duty. I been in for a little over 3 1/2 years. I spent my whole enlistment over here in 29 Palms. We have deployed a couple of times so i spent about a year(two 6 month rotations) in the other desert. But other than that an all those damn CAXs I been here the whole time.