PDA

View Full Version : The story behind Evie's chameleon skill and more

The_Pashker-Man
08-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Hi!

There is few things that not so logical in evie's gameplay, becoming invisible, not being electrified by your Voltaic bomb, rope without gravity etc.

but what if there is an explanation, not good for the real world but good enough for ac's world, and its the shard of eden.

Evie find it and unlike all the assassins, Evie studying the device and find out its not just deflecting metal but it has much more power.
-become invisible.
-become light so thin rope could carry you.
-deflect bullets.
-not being electrified by Voltaic bomb.
-and more.

so what do you think? it the best explanation i can give for this...

pacmanate
08-07-2015, 11:42 PM
They said it was a skill you unlock

The_Pashker-Man
08-07-2015, 11:56 PM

skill that you learnd from the shard? :confused:

Alphacos007
08-08-2015, 07:58 AM
I believe they will use the same explanation as the Hay Carts.
According to the wiki,

"There was nothing coincidental about the placement of the piles of hay in the Animus. It was explained that the bales of hay and the birds indicating them were programmed into memories by Lucy Stillman, as a way to help in navigation."

I'd say they programmed the Chameleon thing to help in stealth, just like they did with the piles of hay before.

Altair1789
08-08-2015, 02:10 PM
It's just animus stuff, same reason we could use disguise in Unity

The rope launcher is just your typical unrealistic gadget, and the voltaic bomb doesn't hurt you any more than a smoke bomb

Mr_Shade
08-08-2015, 03:50 PM

Indeed

timpbader
08-08-2015, 03:57 PM
Is it unlocked automatically or does it need to be "purchased"?

Namikaze_17
08-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Is it unlocked automatically or does it need to be "purchased"?

Purchased; but even then, it's your choice.

Sorrosyss
08-08-2015, 05:03 PM
The real reason.

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0053/ac-council/prod/article/55c5fa52dceb0.jpg

Namikaze_17
08-08-2015, 05:22 PM
The real reason.

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0053/ac-council/prod/article/55c5fa52dceb0.jpg

Marry me.

This is brilliant. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
08-08-2015, 06:11 PM
The power was bestowed upon her by British song artist Boy George.

HDinHB
08-08-2015, 06:18 PM
The power was bestowed upon her by British song artist Boy George.

:cool: That's good karma.

Shahkulu101
08-08-2015, 06:26 PM
:cool: That's good karma.

It comes and goes.

Sorrosyss
08-08-2015, 06:39 PM
It comes and goes.

:cool: Genius.

ION_05
08-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Hi! There is few things that not so logical in evie's gameplay, becoming invisible, not being electrified by your Voltaic bomb, rope without gravity etc. but what if there is an explanation, not good for the real world but good enough for ac's world, and its the shard of eden. Evie find it and unlike all the assassins, Evie studying the device and find out its not just deflecting metal but it has much more power. -become invisible. -become light so thin rope could carry you. -deflect bullets. -not being electrified by Voltaic bomb. -and more, so what do you think? it the best explanation i can give for this... I said the same thing in an earlier thread and It is the best explanation, but only for the chameleon ability because jacob has the rope launcher too. Unless jacob has a equally unrealistic unique skill.

Jessigirl2013
08-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Hi!

There is few things that not so logical in evie's gameplay, becoming invisible, not being electrified by your Voltaic bomb, rope without gravity etc.

but what if there is an explanation, not good for the real world but good enough for ac's world, and its the shard of eden.

Evie find it and unlike all the assassins, Evie studying the device and find out its not just deflecting metal but it has much more power.
-become invisible.
-become light so thin rope could carry you.
-deflect bullets.
-not being electrified by Voltaic bomb.
-and more.

so what do you think? it the best explanation i can give for this...

I wouldn't be surprised if UBI is scrambling to make this a thing, After they have seen the user reaction to that demo. :rolleyes:

IMO the game seems stupidly easy even by AC standards.;)
The invisibility is just ridiculous, I mean what happens if you stay still and a guards walks in your path? They would obviously see you even if your staying still so WTF:mad:

Jessigirl2013
08-08-2015, 06:43 PM
I said the same thing in an earlier thread and It is the best explanation, but only for the chameleon ability because jacob has the rope launcher too. Unless jacob has a equally unrealistic unique skill.

Don't give them ideas :rolleyes:

HDinHB
08-08-2015, 06:46 PM
It comes and goes.

It comes and goes.

*snort* ;)

ION_05
08-08-2015, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if UBI is scrambling to make this a thing, After they have seen the user reaction to that demo. :rolleyes:

IMO the game seems stupidly easy even by AC standards.;)
The invisibility is just ridiculous, I mean what happens if you stay still and a guards walks in your path? They would obviously see you even if your staying still so WTF:mad:
I guess in ubi's mind they are making the skill basically portable cover,which the game doesn't need.

How about instead of being invisible, just dedicate a skill that decreases detection the more you upgrade it.

HDinHB
08-08-2015, 06:59 PM
I guess in ubi's mind they are making the skill basically portable cover,which the game doesn't need.

How about instead of being invisible, just dedicate a skill that decreases detection the more you upgrade it.

I think they would be smart to make it a progressive skill, and the visual cue would get more and more transparency as Evie progresses. That might make it more palatable for some of the people that found the effect in the video so objectionable.

xALL THROTTLEx
08-09-2015, 02:25 PM
I mean, I think I see the thought process behind the "invisibility" ability....if you're standing still behind/near cover, you naturally should be harder to see. But I agree with standing out in the middle of the open while guards passing by you is a bit much. I think how you choose to play and use the character, will determine the functionality of it. If you like it, use it. If you don't, then don't. I could see this coming in handy at difficult spots every now and again...not all the time though...IMO

Jessigirl2013
08-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Even after you unlock it.
I hope there is a way to disable it;)

Hans684
08-10-2015, 04:55 PM
So that's why she can't be seen in most of the marketing.

http://giant.gfycat.com/FoolhardySmartDobermanpinscher.gif

Sorrosyss
08-10-2015, 06:57 PM

:cool: Ahhhh, the jokes just keep coming.

Alphacos007
08-10-2015, 08:49 PM

http://i.imgur.com/QndzjdZ.gif

pacmanate
08-10-2015, 10:45 PM

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2013-11/enhanced/webdr05/10/22/anigif_enhanced-buzz-31907-1384138866-18.gif

LoyalACFan
08-12-2015, 06:35 AM
I'm actually going to be even more peeved if they explain it away with the Shard or something else POE-related. The whole sci-fi element isn't an engaging and mysterious subplot anymore, it's just a crutch for the designers to get away with cheese like this. Somebody should Photoshop that goofy-haired "Aliens" meme guy with a "Piece of Eden" subtitle and a white hood.

itsamea-mario
08-12-2015, 06:48 AM
I'm actually going to be even more peeved if they explain it away with the Shard or something else POE-related. The whole sci-fi element isn't an engaging and mysterious subplot anymore, it's just a crutch for the designers to get away with cheese like this. Somebody should Photoshop that goofy-haired "Aliens" meme guy with a "Piece of Eden" subtitle and a white hood.

Yeah, the whole first civ, POE stuff was at it's best when it was distant, mysterious. The Apple in AC1 was interesting because no one understood it, Al Mualim found a use for it but no one there had any idea what it was, just some mystical object that seemingly held a lot of power and could corrupt people. Like something from indiana jones, or maybe more aptly the suitcase from Pulp fiction. The implication is what made it interesting.
Then in revelations we had Jupiter dressed like an 80's sci fi character shooting a laser pistol...

LoyalACFan
08-12-2015, 06:54 AM
Yeah, the whole first civ, POE stuff was at it's best when it was distant, mysterious. The Apple in AC1 was interesting because no one understood it, Al Mualim found a use for it but no one there had any idea what it was, just some mystical object that seemingly held a lot of power and could corrupt people. Like something from indiana jones, or maybe more aptly the suitcase from Pulp fiction. The implication is what made it interesting.
Then in revelations we had Jupiter dressed like an 80's sci fi character shooting a laser pistol...

To be fair I was getting a little exasperated with it as far back as Brotherhood. I was stunned, like everybody else, when Lucy died, but then... the credits rolled. My jaw was on the floor during the previous two cliffhangers, but at that point it just felt a bit contrived, like it was just trying to one-up AC2's ending. Then Revelations' First Civ stuff turned out to be completely pointless since Desmond literally wakes up outside the door to the place Jupiter told him to go to (lol). Exploring the abandoned temple in AC3 rallied my enthusiasm for a bit, but then dat ending happened, so ever since then it's been like a bad joke.

itsamea-mario
08-12-2015, 07:07 AM
To be fair I was getting a little exasperated with it as far back as Brotherhood. I was stunned, like everybody else, when Lucy died, but then... the credits rolled. My jaw was on the floor during the previous two cliffhangers, but at that point it just felt a bit contrived, like it was just trying to one-up AC2's ending. Then Revelations' First Civ stuff turned out to be completely pointless since Desmond literally wakes up outside the door to the place Jupiter told him to go to (lol). Exploring the abandoned temple in AC3 rallied my enthusiasm for a bit, but then dat ending happened, so ever since then it's been like a bad joke.

Well, you could go further back and say the end of AC2 did it, actually seeing one of TWCB and having her shovel exposition into our faces so soon, they could have dragged it out more, more hints, stories of artifacts, TWCB ruins perhaps all that stuff, the Jupiter example was just me showing how ridiculous it got.
Like, i think each game should be about the assassins story, have this TWCB stuff as part of the bigger story that connects all these smaller stories, but don't make it such a prominent part of those stories.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2015, 12:35 PM
Well, you could go further back and say the end of AC2 did it, actually seeing one of TWCB and having her shovel exposition into our faces so soon, they could have dragged it out more, more hints, stories of artifacts, TWCB ruins perhaps all that stuff, the Jupiter example was just me showing how ridiculous it got.
Like, i think each game should be about the assassins story, have this TWCB stuff as part of the bigger story that connects all these smaller stories, but don't make it such a prominent part of those stories.

True, once AC2 opened the floodgates there was no way to make it as mysterious as AC1 again. Although I think it could have been salvaged if we hadn't been so saturated with it (e.g. meeting a different god at the end of each game).

pineal_gland
08-12-2015, 12:42 PM
I loved AC2 and ACB's ending.
They both still showed a lot of promise for the TWCB story arc.