PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Evie's special ability being invisibility?

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 08:42 PM
It is confirmed that Evie has an ability where if she stays still for a certain period of time she will become invisible, you can see this in the following video. How do you feel about this?

Me? I hate it. It has no real life plausibility at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=154&v=ZkWuvbsXVjo

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2015, 08:56 PM
I don't like it at all. :mad:

http://s3-ak.buzzfeed.com/static/2014-08/9/13/enhanced/webdr04/anigif_enhanced-1865-1407604082-2.gif

Matknapers18
08-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Agreed. I remember when they announced the disguise skill for Unity, a large section of the forums regarded it as immersion breaking and unrealistic. By introducing this, its almost like they've completely disregarded our feedback.

Note that this is just from what we've seen, and of course not my final judgement. But it seems like this has been added as a cheap way to say "Evie is stealthier than Jacob". The characters are identical, Evie is Jacob with a different skin. There is no difference beside this skill and one or two gadgets. Evie is not stealthier than Jacob, Ubisoft have chucked in this lazy ability in order to justify that claim. Invisibility? Thats the easiest, laziest form of stealth in gaming, Its like they didn't even try to incorporate something original but plausible

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 09:00 PM
This is the most stupid thing in an AC game to date. First we get Arno's disguise ability now this?

itsamea-mario
08-05-2015, 09:02 PM
It's because during the industrial revolution, people's vision was based on movement.

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
this has been added as a cheap way to say "Evie is stealthier than Jacob". The characters are identical, Evie is Jacob with a different skin. There is no difference beside this skill and one or two gadgets. Evie is not stealthier than Jacob, Ubisoft have chucked in this lazy ability in order to justify that claim. Invisibility? Thats the easiest, laziest form of stealth in gaming, Its like they didn't even try to incorporate something original but plausible

Exactly!

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 09:07 PM
I think what's bad is that they even chose to make one character a brawler and one stealthy.

Let the player decide what they want each character to do. What if we want Jacob to be stealthy? Or for Evie to be a killing machine? It's not really good for letting the player play how they want.

Then again, saying Evie is better in stealth as Matknapers has said is because she can be invisible... lol?

ION_05
08-05-2015, 09:14 PM
It doesn't bother me much. Its there if you want it and just ignore it if you don't like it. Other then that how do you feel about the voltaic bomb.

Hans684
08-05-2015, 09:32 PM
We have always been invisible, the stupidity of guards and soldiers made sure of that.

m4r-k7
08-05-2015, 09:37 PM
This is worse than the disguise skill. The disguise skill was made really for co-op. The chameleon ability is even worse as its actually an ability unique to Evie. If its because of a piece of eden or something then I could kind of get used to it but if its a random thing that Ubisoft just put in there like the disguise ability, then they have just gone mad IMO.

That electricity grenade also looks stupid.

From the gameplay, none of my worries have really disappeared unfortunately :/

Namikaze_17
08-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Meh, I don't care. I just won't use it if it bothers me...

But man, everyone has been on the realism train lately - it seems everything is unrealistic in a series that is unrealistic. :rolleyes:

RVSage
08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Can people calm down please.. In the video she turns invisible only when crouching in stealth mode , behind an object...I feel this is just a visual extension to Unity's hide behind wall or crouch hide near object... May be it indicates she is impossible to detect while hiding.. In such a way.. And her ability to stay undetected is more... Similar to Unity's stealth progression... I believe this is merely a visual enhancement...

And we have not seen a complete version of the walk through.. explaining the same anyway.. So why go berserk on a piece of incomplete information.... Seriously guys and girls ... calm down.. You guys are too excited or too fast to judge... :confused:..

This is worse than the disguise skill. The disguise skill was made really for co-op. The chameleon ability is even worse as its actually an ability unique to Evie. If its because of a piece of eden or something then I could kind of get used to it but if its a random thing that Ubisoft just put in there like the disguise ability, then they have just gone mad IMO.

That electricity grenade also looks stupid.

From the gameplay, none of my worries have really disappeared unfortunately :/

Really.. it;s a damn stun grenade... Nothing else... Similar to berserk dart being renamed and a possible AOE effect... The speed at which people judge is crazy IMO...

Kaschra
08-05-2015, 09:44 PM

But man, everyone has been on the realism train lately - it seems everything is unrealistic in a series that is unrealistic. :rolleyes:

This

It's like you people want to complain for the sake of complaining

Sushiglutton
08-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Inspired by Pie....

https://i.warosu.org/data/lit/img/0057/19/1415888530119.png

What are they thinking?

m4r-k7
08-05-2015, 09:46 PM

Assassins Creed has never been realistic per say but it has always made these unrealistic things (like clibming a building) look realistic enough to believe that Assassins could do it. I don't care too much about realism but man having invisibility in a historically centered game is just plain stupid to me. I know you don't have to use it, thats not my problem, my problem is that they have implemented this from Unity and will probably have it in future games now as it makes stealth a lot easier. They put these features in to make it easier for the more mainstream crowd, something they would never have done a couple of years ago. If they have invisibility in the games now what stops them from doing other supernatural and unbelievable crap in future games. I guess it could be because Quebec worked on ToKW but still.

Sushiglutton
08-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Reminds me of the invisble car in Die Another Day. It was one step too far for James Bond and it's one step too far for AC...

RVSage
08-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Assassins Creed has never been realistic per say but it has always made these unrealistic things (like clibming a building) look realistic enough to believe that Assassins could do it. I don't care too much about realism but man having invisibility in a historically centered game is just plain stupid to me.

Has there been an official confirmation, on how it works.. this ability??? No... Have you seen a demo where this is demonstrated to it's full extent??? no...... And what invisibility.. Sitting between two people on a bench and not being seen by guards is not invisible??? Where did your logic go ?? Where did historical setting go then???

Do you see what i mean??? Just calm down bro.. let's see what the ability really is first

Sushiglutton
08-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Has there been an official confirmation, on how it works.. this ability??? No... Have you seen a demo where this is demonstrated to it's full extent??? no...... And what invisibility.. Sitting between two people on a bench and not being seen by guards is not invisible??? Where did your logic go ?? Where did historical setting go then???

Do you see what i mean??? Just calm down bro.. let's see what the ability really is first

She is transparent. You can see the guard through her. What more do you need?

m4r-k7
08-05-2015, 09:55 PM

I am calm bro I just think the direction the series is going in is ridiculous and its not just because of this one ability. Also dude, Its in the video, she is literally invisible when standing still. Atleast sitting on a bench links in with the social stealth aspect that Assassins Creed has always been based on (kinda)

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Can people calm down please.. In the video she turns invisible only when crouching in stealth mode , behind an object...I feel this is just a visual extension to Unity's hide behind wall or crouch hide near object... May be it indicates she is impossible to detect while hiding.. In such a way.. And her ability to stay undetected is more... Similar to Unity's stealth progression... I believe this is merely a visual enhancement...

And we have not seen a complete version of the walk through.. explaining the same anyway.. So why go berserk on a piece of incomplete information.... Seriously guys and girls ... calm down.. You guys are too excited or too fast to judge... :confused:..

Just saw the video a third time. You might be right. She probably turned "invisible" to indicate that she is well hidden, just like Ezio and Connor turned grey to indicate that they have blended into the crowd. I also remembered seeing her throw something that stunned the guards.

RVSage
08-05-2015, 09:56 PM
She is transparent. You can see the guard through her arm. What more do you need?

What more do I need???.. I need to see for myself... how the ability works.. I don't believe in jumping on the hype train or hate train.. based on some half-baked news or tidbits of video.... I would wait for a full length walk trough of the demo.. or wait for one of the star players to report back in.. with what they have seen

Namikaze_17
08-05-2015, 09:57 PM
Assassins Creed has never been realistic per say but it has always made these unrealistic things (like clibming a building) look realistic enough to believe that Assassins could do it. I don't care too much about realism but man having invisibility in a historically centered game is just plain stupid to me. I know you don't have to use it, thats not my problem, my problem is that they have implemented this from Unity and will probably have it in future games now as it makes stealth a lot easier. They put these features in to make it easier for the more mainstream crowd, something they would never have done a couple of years ago. If they have invisibility in the games now what stops them from doing other supernatural and unbelievable crap in future games. I guess it could be because Quebec worked on ToKW but still.

Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from. But I dunno, I guess I'm just tired of people crapping on Syndicate for having unrealistic things, yet act like the previous games were any more real than this. Must I bring up the others turning grey when in crowds. :rolleyes:

RVSage
08-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Just saw the video a third time. You might be right. She probably turned "invisible" to indicate that she is well hidden, just like Ezio and Connor turned grey to indicate that they have blended into the crowd. I also remembered seeing her throw something that stunned the guards.

precisely my point

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 10:01 PM
This

Alright then, why not just let us fly around the map next time then -_-

AC games are supposed to be as grounded in reality as possible. The PoE's and First Civ race are explained and part of that universe. Invisibility? Nope. Being able to fly around the map? Nope.

RVSage
08-05-2015, 10:07 PM

AC games are supposed to be as grounded in reality as possible. The PoE's and First Civ race are explained and part of that universe. Invisibility? Nope. Being able to fly around the map? Nope.

May I ask what does stealth imply??? Stealth = being invisible to your enemy, getting in and out unseen and strike enemy unseen... The whole concept shouts invisibility... And I quote again... this entire thing could just be a visual indicator..

Btw I am done explaining... No point if people keep beating around the bush.. And keep jumping on the hype train or the hate train.. with incomplete information...

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2015, 10:08 PM
I think this has been blown out of proportion. We are making a big deal out of something small. The "invisibility" is just there to indicate that Evie is hidden. It is nothing more than a visual effect as RVSage pointed out.

Man, I'm feeling rather stupid right now. :p

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 10:11 PM
I think this has been blown out of proportion. We are making a big deal out of something small. The "invisibility" is just there to indicate that Evie is hidden. It is nothing more than a visual effect as RVSage pointed out.

Its overpowered and might as well be invisibility.

It triggers whenever you are staying in the same place for a certain period of time. She "blends" with the environment, she could be anywhere against a wall. Theres even a clip where a guard walks like 30cm past her and doesnt see her. That might as well be invisibility.

RVSage
08-05-2015, 10:13 PM

It triggers whenever you are staying in the same place for a certain period of time. She "blends" with the environment, she could be anywhere against a wall. Theres even a clip where a guard walks like 30cm past her and doesnt see her. That might as well be invisibility.

The video please

Sushiglutton
08-05-2015, 10:13 PM

I think we can all agree that it's hard to know the proportion of this ofc. For example it could be an optional skill. That being said to me it's an idiotic visual representation of Evie being hidden. I have no doubt that this is a bad feature. Question remains how big of an impact it will have.

Kaschra
08-05-2015, 10:16 PM

Jumping down a 100 m building and landing in a small haystack completely unharmed is totally realistic, isn't it

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2015, 10:17 PM

I think we can all agree that it's hard to know the proportion of this ofc. For example it could be an optional skill. That being said to me it's an idiotic visual representation of Evie being hidden. I have no doubt that this is a bad feature. Question remains how big of an impact it will have.

Right, and Ezio, Connor and Edward turning grey to show that they're blending in the crowd, even in front guards wasn't odd enough. :rolleyes:

RVSage
08-05-2015, 10:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLUoN7YIJsA

Here is a version with speech removed.. Both cases she is invisible if either behind an object or covering behind a wall

Sushiglutton
08-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Jumping down a 100 m building and landing in a small haystack completely unharmed is totally realistic, isn't itIt's about finding out were the limit is. This is ofc subjective, but I'm sure you have some limit for what would you think be too much for AC?

For Schindler's List I accept some liberties with the characters, but I wouldn't accept if Schindler did a leap of faith.
For Star Wars I accept the force, but wouldn't like if Luke traveled to earth (space and time) and had a Big Mac.
For AC I accept the leap of faith, but wouldn't want the protagonist to be able to turn into a Dragon and roast all the guards.
For Dragon Age I would accept if some character turned into a dragon and roasted all the guards, but wouldn't like if the party members contacted eachother using smartphones.

Pointing out one unrealistic feature doens't prove that anything goes.

VestigialLlama4
08-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Again something else they took from earlier games. This is WolfCloak from Tyranny DLC. I don't know if its possible for Ubisoft to be even less imaginative if it tried.

I also hate how cluttered the screen was. X-Ray vision destroys the scenery with blue and red graphics ruining the immersion into the past like a bad news show. Then you have this invisibility meter around Evie's waist like some ungainly hoola-hoop even as she climbs up a tower. I remember liking AC3 and Black Flag where thanks to the waypoint marker it was possible to play the game without a map with a simple dot and marker being enough to guide you across the map. I generally prefer as little HUD as necessary and X-Ray Eagle Sense, which was generally "okay" in the Caribbean (or a game like Far Cry) but a total disaster in an urban setting with period architecture like Paris and London.

misterB2001
08-05-2015, 10:24 PM
we've already seen Eagle vision changing from an instinct to an ability to see through walls. A horrific change.

Nothing surprises me any more with this series and I mean that in a negative way :(

Namikaze_17
08-05-2015, 10:34 PM
I don't understand why everyone has a problem with the walls thing.

This is the SAME eagle vision that can tell you who does and doesn't have good intentions, trace movements, and can mark people.

Yet, it's no longer an instinct. :rolleyes:

Farlander1991
08-05-2015, 10:40 PM
I will have problems with this only if it lets you be invisible in the middle of the room. If it's just for cover, then I'm fine with this as being a representation of Evie being able to blend with the surroundings.

Games like Thief and Splinter Cell use shadows for this purpose, but in a game with dynamic lighting (due to changing times of day) like AC, shadows are extremely unreliable and have a potential to break the whole level design, so there has to be a consistent way of hiding and showing that you're hidden.

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Right, and Ezio, Connor and Edward turning grey to show that they're blending in the crowd, even in front guards wasn't odd enough. :rolleyes:

Thats different, thats the animus interface.

As for the Haystack thing, its still a game, its just a trademark thing. You can get away with things like that. That is probably the only unrealistic thing about AC games.

The First Civ and race before us isn't hard to comprehend, and them have technology that is better than ours isnt hard to comprehend.

Turning invisible and being able to change into a woman like Arno can do? Uh, nope.

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 10:52 PM
I don't understand why everyone has a problem with the walls thing.

This is the SAME eagle vision that can tell you who does and doesn't have good intentions, trace movements, and can mark people.

Yet, it's no longer an instinct. :rolleyes:

Thats wrong.

It doesn't tell you has good or bad intentions at all. It's all based on the person and what they think before hand. Marking people for a limited amount of time depends on how willing you are to believe that the persons Eagle Vision perception of things is strong enough to know the general direction of the thing they want to find.

As for knowing guard routes, that was also a stupid Ubisoft addition imo. Glad they took it out.

ION_05
08-05-2015, 11:24 PM
I wish they would replace stun grenades with a legit poison bomb that kills with one use, like the ones you can craft in revelations.

Namikaze_17
08-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Thats wrong.

It doesn't tell you has good or bad intentions at all. It's all based on the person and what they think before hand. Marking people for a limited amount of time depends on how willing you are to believe that the persons Eagle Vision perception of things is strong enough to know the general direction of the thing they want to find.

As for knowing guard routes, that was also a stupid Ubisoft addition imo. Glad they took it out.

Yeah, you're right. Forgot that was said with the first one. :p

Though it's still an instinct as not everyone has it, but more upgraded for some unknown reason. :/

Locopells
08-06-2015, 12:26 AM
That's different, that's the animus interface.

Turning invisible is also the Animus interface...

Sorrosyss
08-06-2015, 12:27 AM
In a garden, in Crawley, there is a red willow tree. This was where the twins grew up.

Years of intense of herbal tea drinking has allowed Evie to commune with the Chameleon animal spirit, taking on its special ability.

It's so obvious.

(Hah, OK not. But this game is from the same guys that did Tyranny. :p Then again, just about anything is plausible in the series these days.)

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-06-2015, 01:14 AM
Evie being invisible?

...Really?

I don't know what to say at this point.

All I can think about is if this is what they were talking about when they made TOKW to "test new features for future games," pretty much the wolf cloak granting invisibility.

Still, being still turns your invisible...? Just stick with blending like a normal stealth game should do.

TO_M
08-06-2015, 01:17 AM
I hope that she doesn't actually becomes invisible during cover or whatever, that would be as ridiculous as the disguise outfit from Unity as others have pointed out.

Although it won't actually matter that much since I will not be getting it :D That gameplay footage looked terrible.

Mr.Black24
08-06-2015, 01:22 AM
Exactly I was going to point out. Evie isn't going Predator on the game, its just a visual representation that she is blended in, or is hiding behind cover really well. I mean, people kept complaining, ESPECIALLY SOME OF YOU HERE IN THE FORUMS, that the little icon that hovers above the Assassin and turning the crowd grey is a turn off and stupid. Here its just a simple translucent change. Not much, but enough to show blend time. To me, its a plus. But I guess you can never please anyone in this fandom anymore.

Are we so unreasonablely demanding how for small *** details?

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 01:43 AM
Turning invisible is also the Animus interface...

I know... but it doesn't make sense for what its real life thing is.

Going grey = Tells us the protagonist is blended.
Going invisible = Tells us.. well, what exactly?

What is the real life explanation for her "invisibility". Shes literally pressed up against a wall, a guard walks right past, how do you not see? There is no real life explanation for what the animus interface is portraying at this point.

3:30 in the video. Tell me how that works in real life?

Mr.Black24
08-06-2015, 01:50 AM

What is the real life explanation for her "invisibility". Shes literally pressed up against a wall, a guard walks right past, how do you not see? There is no real life explanation for what the animus interface is portraying at this point.

As I mentioned in my last post:

its just a visual representation that she is blended in, or is hiding behind cover really well. I mean, people kept complaining, ESPECIALLY SOME OF YOU HERE IN THE FORUMS, that the little icon that hovers above the Assassin and turning the crowd grey is a turn off and stupid. Here its just a simple translucent change. Not much, but enough to show blend time.

ION_05
08-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Don't you know evie used a piece of eden to time travel and borrow otacons stealth camo, problem sloved

D.I.D.
08-06-2015, 01:54 AM
Can't vote in a poll like this, need to see more. At worst, it's not much weirder than the first time we saw Blend in action. Ever since the move to the current gen, I've been hoping for better lighting effects to allow for an advanced version of Sam Fisher's "invisible in darkness" thing, so I'd prefer that.

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 02:00 AM

Your posts doesn't explain anything. Yes i know its a visual representation of that she is blended. But the way it works doesnt make sense.

Just imagine yourself crouched against a wall, anyone that walks past you is still going to see you. You cant "blend with a wall"

TO_M
08-06-2015, 02:04 AM

You're right, at 3:30 it definitely looks like she's actually invisible.

dxsxhxcx
08-06-2015, 02:06 AM
this new "visual representation" sucks, simple as that..

http://i.imgur.com/rOqAxR9.png?1

totally immersion breaking, turn grey and "blame" the animus was much better (and way more subtle) than this..

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 02:13 AM
this new "visual representation" sucks, simple as that..

Thank God someone agrees. Visual representations need to have some real world explanation.

Eagle Visions Colours = Animus telling us what the character perceives as good or bad person
TOKW powers = Animus representation on what drugged up Connor felt like

Disguise Ability = Animus telling us that... Arno could turn into a woman?
Evies Invisibility = .... theres not even an explanation on how that makes sense when she is standing right in front of guards.

You watch me just stand next to a wall, i bet everyone that walks past me will see me no matter how still i am.

RVSage
08-06-2015, 02:16 AM

You can't argue with people.. who keep beating around the bush.. between it his perspective...
But I agree with you Mr.Black this is just a visual effect... And it has been blown out of proportion... This has become a blind complaint.. We are even yet to see how exactly this works... i.e We have not seen a full blown demo, nor have star players who are playing live have commented... You cant stop the hype train or the hate train i guess... It keeps going

RVSage
08-06-2015, 02:17 AM
Thank God someone agrees. Visual representations need to have some real world explanation.

Eagle Visions Colours = Animus telling us what the character perceives as good or bad person
TOKW powers = Animus representation on what drugged up Connor felt like

Disguise Ability = Animus telling us that... Arno could turn into a woman?
Evies Invisibility = .... theres not even an explanation on how that makes sense when she is standing right in front of guards.

You watch me just stand next to a wall, i bet everyone that walks past me will see me no matter how still i am.
Show me one instant where she is invisible just before a guard.. A screenshot or video... You keep saying... show me.. please

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 02:18 AM
You can't argue with people.. who keep beating around the bush.. between it his perspective...
But I agree with you Mr.Black this is just a visual effect... And it has been blown out of proportion... This has become a blind complaint.. We are even yet to see how exactly this works... i.e We have not seen a full blown demo, nor have star players who are playing live have commented... You cant stop the hype train or the hate train i guess... It keeps going

How is it a "visual effect".

She. Is. Crouching. Right. In. Front. Of. People. And. They. Cant. See. Her.

Explain how that makes sense in real life.

3:30

And no she is not soft snapped to the barrel because her back would be on it otherwise. She is just crouching still in stealth mode. No soft snap to the wall either. Just crouching and not moving

Woman in the video clearly states that Evie just needs to be still for a certain time. She DOESNT even need to be in stealth mode to disappear.

TO_M
08-06-2015, 02:20 AM
Show me one instant where she is invisible just before a guard.. A screenshot or video... You keep saying... show me.. please

He just said where it was, at 3:30 in the video, and the screenshot on this page also shows it.

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 02:28 AM
Key points.

1. 1:32 of the video - Doesnt need to be in stealth mode to disappear.
2. Doesnt need to be pressed up against an object to disappear.

Now argue against me how she can turn invisible by just standing anywhere she wants.

ION_05
08-06-2015, 02:43 AM
Idk but they could easily explain it away by saying she has a shard of eden like connor.

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 02:45 AM
Idk but they could easily explain it away by saying she has a shard of eden like connor.
But its not, because its part of her skill tree that is specific to her, the "Stealth" part.

ION_05
08-06-2015, 02:58 AM
But its not, because its part of her skill tree that is specific to her, the "Stealth" part.
It still could be, and adding points to a certain skill makes it more potent.

RVSage
08-06-2015, 03:28 AM
How is it a "visual effect".

She. Is. Crouching. Right. In. Front. Of. People. And. They. Cant. See. Her.

Explain how that makes sense in real life.

3:30

And no she is not soft snapped to the barrel because her back would be on it otherwise. She is just crouching still in stealth mode. No soft snap to the wall either. Just crouching and not moving

Woman in the video clearly states that Evie just needs to be still for a certain time. She DOESNT even need to be in stealth mode to disappear.

She is right behind a barrel... They said they removed the to object snap post unity.. she is behind the barrel

and she is crouched == stealth mode.. And in the video ..lady meant stay still in stealth mode i believe

RVSage
08-06-2015, 03:36 AM
quoting Six keys from the other thread

-If you're in stealth mode and sit still for a while, Evie will turn invisible. I'm a bit torn on this. On the one hand it's a bit immersion-breaking, too game-y. On the other, it's helpful because you always know if you're invisible to enemies. For example if you're sitting still on a high ledge and fire at an enemy, as long as Evie is invisible, you know you're not in danger of being detected. If she turns visible again, it means some guard may be honing in on your position.

It is just a visual thing... i.e if you are crouching directly in front of an enemy he will see you indeed

Fatal-Feit
08-06-2015, 03:43 AM
quoting Six keys from the other thread

-If you're in stealth mode and sit still for a while, Evie will turn invisible. I'm a bit torn on this. On the one hand it's a bit immersion-breaking, too game-y. On the other, it's helpful because you always know if you're invisible to enemies. For example if you're sitting still on a high ledge and fire at an enemy, as long as Evie is invisible, you know you're not in danger of being detected. If she turns visible again, it means some guard may be honing in on your position.

It is just a visual thing... i.e if you are crouching directly in front of an enemy he will see you indeed

I'm totally down for it if it's just an indicator. Although, I think they could have done a better job of notifying you instead of making your entire character invisible, which looks silly. Making HUD glow or something would have been fine.

RVSage
08-06-2015, 03:47 AM
I'm totally down for it if it's just an indicator. Although, I think they could have done a better job of notifying you instead of making your entire character invisible, which looks silly. Making HUD glow or something would have been fine.

It is silly indeed. as i expected just a visual indicator... But this entire discussion calling it OP is a waste indeed... All we needed to do was wait for one star player to post something... And this is an example how people get over hyped and jump to conclusions with incomplete information..

HDinHB
08-06-2015, 05:00 AM
I vote wait and see (oh that's not an option). They have time to tweak the effect before the final game, depending on the feedback they are getting, but what's in that video doesn't bother me. It's not as obnoxious as Unity's blue blending circle (which didn't bother me either), and it's more credible than a zip line launcher. One reviewer wrote Evie could hide like this in the middle of an open field; that might be more disconcerting.

It's because during the industrial revolution, people's vision was based on movement.

I see what you did there.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/e45401611a96e4e696b26649dcd7fb79/tumblr_ngq46yc3Js1u5tn07o8_250.gif

Hans684
08-06-2015, 05:27 AM
It's not any different that the blending indicator in crowds regardless of how detectable they are in their outfits, plus she don't turn invisible but it's the Animus just like the crowds bleeding indicating that she's hidden.

playlisting
08-06-2015, 06:02 AM
It is confirmed that Evie has an ability where if she stays still for a certain period of time she will become invisible

Whoever had that idea should receive a swift boot up the arse. I cannot believe that's a thing.

I-Like-Pie45
08-06-2015, 06:40 AM
i think this is actually a clever political satire of the response to female playability in unity

Namikaze_17
08-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Well there's unrealistic and then there's unrealistic. By your logic we might as well give the assassins laser guns. Exploring memories through a person's genetics is an abstract, but plausible concept. Going invisible is just... well it's just a bit silly.

It's been explained that her going invisible is not literal, but more likely to be an indicator that she's hidden like previous protagonists turning grey when in crowds for example.

All of this is being blown out of proportion as it's most likely apart of the Helix - and no, I'm not saying that at all. I get that some people don't prefer some of the things in Syndicate, and neither are you really forced to use them, but to all of a sudden question realism in a series where realism doesn't exist is just getting out of hand. It's a video game still, and you're gonna get some things that don't make sense here and there regardless. However, I'm not saying that anything should happen either - AC just hasn't really reached that point with me yet.

Besides, we haven't really seen the full demo yet - let's wait and see then judge rather than make assumptions.

HDinHB
08-06-2015, 07:07 AM
i think this is actually a clever political satire of the response to female playability in unity

Once in a while, you say something.

Going invisible is just... well it's just a bit silly.

It would be, but she's not invisible; she's undetectable. She just looks a bit invisible. It's not like she whips out a Harry Potter/Frodo cloak. Probably.

Consus_E
08-06-2015, 07:14 AM
While I don't particularly like it. I don't particularly hate it either.

Pacman I would have voted Meh/ambivalent if given the choice in the poll.

Sorrosyss
08-06-2015, 08:29 AM
On IGN, there is a new article about Evie, and one of the developers confirmed it is a visual cue only - she is not going invisible in reality.

*pours away the herbal tea*

Alphacos007
08-06-2015, 09:00 AM
It's been explained that her going invisible is not literal, but more likely to be an indicator that she's hidden like previous protagonists turning grey when in crowds for example.

All of this is being blown out of proportion as it's most likely apart of the Helix - and no, I'm not saying that at all. I get that some people don't prefer some of the things in Syndicate, and neither are you really forced to use them, but to all of a sudden question realism in a series where realism doesn't exist is just getting out of hand. It's a video game still, and you're gonna get some things that don't make sense here and there regardless. However, I'm not saying that anything should happen either - AC just hasn't really reached that point with me yet.

Besides, we haven't really seen the full demo yet - let's wait and see then judge rather than make assumptions.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2015, 09:31 AM

On IGN, there is a new article about Evie, and one of the developers confirmed it is a visual cue only - she is not going invisible in reality.

And there you have it. Case closed.

Shahkulu101
08-06-2015, 11:35 AM
Well whats the point if it's just a visual cue? I thought it was a unique feature that emphasized her stealthiness. If what IGN says is true, then all that feature does is make the game look uglier...

There has to be more to it than just a visual cue...

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 11:41 AM

Well duh? You think Arno really changes into a woman when he uses disguise?

I never said it wasnt a visual cue. What Im saying is that WHAT is it a visual cue FOR? How "hidden" she is? Well take the following example on how stupid this is.

The fact that Evie can turn invisible ANYWHERE when crouched (Now confirmed only happens in stealth mode) is ridiculous. She can be in the middle of the street, go into stealth, turn invisible.

What "indicator" is that, that is just ridiculous.

Sorrosyss
08-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Well duh? You think Arno really changes into a woman when he uses disguise?

I never said it wasnt a visual cue. What Im saying is that WHAT is it a visual cue FOR? How "hidden" she is? Well take the following example on how stupid this is.

The fact that Evie can turn invisible ANYWHERE when crouched (Now confirmed only happens in stealth mode) is ridiculous. She can be in the middle of the street, go into stealth, turn invisible.

What "indicator" is that, that is just ridiculous.

Am not disagreeing with you. Just pointing out that some people thought that it was an actual true invisibility. :)

As for the indication, I'm going to assume it adjusts the translucency with how visible you are in terms of line of sight. I see some people that have played today say that it will sometimes vanish if you are detected by a guard, though I can't confirm that. I guess that is why we have the noise meter as well. See no evil, hear no evil.

Other than that, no clue why the cue other than someone thinks it looks cool. I suppose you get the white outline when someone goes out of sight, so I'm assuming it's an extension of the line of sight system.

Altair1789
08-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Guys come on relax they did this to support chameleon rights. Bigots.

This

You have to admit this is a legitimate reason to complain. If not unrealistic, it makes stealth much easier, and kind of a joke at times. I was hoping Evie would be fun and have challenging stealth with creative mechanics to fit her personality, but this is just weird

It may have been silly to the optimists when the masses complained about other matters, but a half chameleon protagonist is where you should draw the line. This may not be a game breaker for many, and there will be no removal of this feature, but you can admit it's not very innovative. It doesn't really matter what's realistic, it matters how that impacts gameplay and experience. We don't like invisibility, it damages the stealth experience because of how unrealistic it is and how much realism impacts stealth

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 01:20 PM
Even AccessTheAnimus don't know how this makes sense in the real world.

"It remains to be seen how this skill will be explained in the game (is it a Helix glitch? Is it a stylistic effect to represent the fact that Evie was able to disappear from the guards' view?)."

http://www.accesstheanimus.com/ACSyndicate_Gamescom_Experience.html

itsamea-mario
08-06-2015, 03:12 PM
So far it seems to just be a visual representation of the fact that she's harder to see when she's hiding.
But why do we need that? Sure the only representation that she's hidden that we need is that we can see, with our eyes, that she's hidden.

Shahkulu101
08-06-2015, 03:16 PM
So far it seems to just be a visual representation of the fact that she's harder to see when she's hiding.
But why do we need that? Sure the only representation that she's hidden that we need is that we can see, with our eyes, that she's hidden.

Don't be silly, we aren't that smart

Xstantin
08-06-2015, 03:25 PM
meh, sillier than Disguise

Farlander1991
08-06-2015, 03:59 PM

I just want to point out that all of the following is conjecture based on my personal beliefs and opinions behind the decision.

AC uses line of sight detection, the line is crossed from head to head. One of the problems why crouching was cut from AC4 was because that, due to that kind of detection, in a lot of cover a person's head would 'pop out' which brought to person getting detected. That's uncomfortable and frustrating for the player.

Now, with Unity (and partially with AC3/4/Ro as well with their corner snapping) which also uses head-to-head line of sight detection, there's direct states when you're in cover and when you're not in cover, so you can know when to make the detection more lenient. When you're in cover (which is easily recognizable) enemies won't be noticing you if your head sticks out of it somewhat anyway.

From gameplay perspective it also makes sense for the player (as rules for a stealth game have to be clear), if you're just crouching a little bit behind the cover and enemy sees you, you know why he sees you, you need to be in the cover state, so everything's good.

Now, while ACS retains the two different states of ACU, due to smooth cover there's no clear distinction between them for the player. Yes, there's the hand, but there still may be situations when a head sticks out a bit and the enemy sees it and you're not sure why, that's also frustrating. Especially frustrating when your character is a supposed master at stealth like Evie (as opposed to Jacob who really doesn't like that kind of thing, so little imprecisions in stealth I guess don't feel as frustrating when we play as him) and a character that the player is supposed to be choosing if they really want to ghost through the game. So the solution to that is to remove the body and disguise it as an animus effect, so enemies wouldn't see it. Heck, games like Metal Gear Solid use for this purposes a cardboard box.

Not sure how confusingly or not confusingly I worded the point, but, basically, just because we can see (and think) that she's hidden doesn't necessarily mean the game's rules think that. So a ruleset has to be created when it's 100% certain that she's hidden.

itsamea-mario
08-06-2015, 04:08 PM
I just want to point out that all of the following is conjecture based on my personal beliefs and opinions behind the decision.

AC uses line of sight detection, the line is crossed from head to head. One of the problems why crouching was cut from AC4 was because that, due to that kind of detection, in a lot of cover a person's head would 'pop out' which brought to person getting detected. That's uncomfortable and frustrating for the player.

Now, with Unity (and partially with AC3/4/Ro as well with their corner snapping) which also uses head-to-head line of sight detection, there's direct states when you're in cover and when you're not in cover, so you can know when to make the detection more lenient. When you're in cover (which is easily recognizable) enemies won't be noticing you if your head sticks out of it somewhat anyway.

From gameplay perspective it also makes sense for the player (as rules for a stealth game have to be clear), if you're just crouching a little bit behind the cover and enemy sees you, you know why he sees you, you need to be in the cover state, so everything's good.

Now, while ACS retains the two different states of ACU, due to smooth cover there's no clear distinction between them for the player. Yes, there's the hand, but there still may be situations when a head sticks out a bit and the enemy sees it and you're not sure why, that's also frustrating. Especially frustrating when your character is a supposed master at stealth like Evie (as opposed to Jacob who really doesn't like that kind of thing, so little imprecisions in stealth I guess don't feel as frustrating when we play as him) and a character that the player is supposed to be choosing if they really want to ghost through the game. So the solution to that is to remove the body and disguise it as an animus effect, so enemies wouldn't see it. Heck, games like Metal Gear Solid use for this purposes a cardboard box.

Not sure how confusingly or not confusingly I worded the point, but, basically, just because we can see (and think) that she's hidden doesn't necessarily mean the game's rules think that. So a ruleset has to be created when it's 100% certain that she's hidden.

Then it just seems like an easy way around poor game design, if they can't do a cover system, or level design that prevents that kind of thing from happening.

Farlander1991
08-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Then it just seems like an easy way around poor game design, if they can't do a cover system, or level design that prevents that kind of thing from happening.

In a way I agree. AC was never a game designed for crouching (its' original purpose was social stealth after all), which is why crouching in AC3/4 was contextual (i.e. bushes), so it would be easy to have states. And then it was inserted as a free-roam option in ACU and people are like, 'yeah, finally AC has a crouch button', but the game's systems still don't necessarily work well with that, so they try to find ways to accommodate it somehow because people don't like that there's no crouching on demand (though personally, I believe that contextual crouching like in TR or Watch_Dogs would suit AC and systems could be streamlined better that way, AC really doesn't need a crouch button). That said, in another way I disagree, because both in game design and development, things are not as easy as are implied by your statement.

Also, as I said earlier, my whole post is just me personal opinion and that might not be the reason behind the decision.

itsamea-mario
08-06-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm not saying it's easy, if it was easy i'd do it and be rolling in mounds of casholla. I'm saying there are plenty of other games that have functional stealth mechanics that don't rely on just turning you invisible

dxsxhxcx
08-06-2015, 04:44 PM

people aren't asking for everything to be realistic and I believe everyone is well aware this is a game, but if it ain't broke don't fix it (especially when there are TONS of things that are broken and need fixing), the old "visual presentation" was much more believable/immersive than this one, even if the invisibility can be explained by the animus, and I know it can, this animation is just over the top, ugly and unnecessary.

Farlander1991
08-06-2015, 06:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEV6GLqSoK4

Ok, this happens on open ground as well, I'm... not entirely happy with that (plus it makes my original theory regarding the invisibility thing kinda moot)

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 06:28 PM

Ok, this happens on open ground as well, I'm... not entirely happy with that (plus it makes my original theory regarding the invisibility thing kinda moot)

See, this is what Ive been trying to get people to understand. She can be standing in the middle of nowhere and become invisible.

TO_M
08-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Jezus, that chameleon ability would make stealth ridiculously easy. I don't get why Ubi feels the need to add these overpowered abilities to the game, is it because they cannot design proper stealth mechanics?

Also lol @ the : "Let's use the iconic assassin rope-launcher to scale the building" That commentator obviously doesn't know the meaning of the word iconic.

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Was thinking the same thing when he said iconic.

RVSage
08-06-2015, 07:37 PM
See, this is what Ive been trying to get people to understand. She can be standing in the middle of nowhere and become invisible.

Nope you were saying she can be standing right in front of a guard and can be invisible... Which was proved wrong by SixKeys...And you meant this can happen non-stealth as well

ze_topazio
08-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Jezus, that chameleon ability would make stealth ridiculously easy. I don't get why Ubi feels the need to add these overpowered abilities to the game, is it because they cannot design proper stealth mechanics?

Also lol @ the : "Let's use the iconic assassin rope-launcher to scale the building" That commentator obviously doesn't know the meaning of the word iconic.

Was thinking the same thing when he said iconic.

I thought the same lol, I was like: Iconic? that thing has only been in one game and that game isn't even out yet.

Xstantin
08-06-2015, 07:39 PM

just like Pearce's iconic cap lmao

that demo looked better than anything I've seen so far anyway imo

shobhit7777777
08-06-2015, 07:44 PM
In ACS's case I'm beyond concern for a franchise that I once liked....now I just chuckle at it with mild amusement.

The more I see and hear about ACS, the more disinterested I get. Its braindead, banal. stale gameplay.

Namikaze_17
08-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Apparently the ability is a high-level skill so it's totally avoidable for those of you that find it unnecessary or immersion breaking.

HDinHB
08-07-2015, 01:37 AM

"Assassinís Creed Syndicate ..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Ubisoft.
Sorry about that.

I wasn't bothered by the stuff in the OP video. I would have liked to have seen this one. If she can disappear in the middle of the street at noon, it would be too fake. If she just becomes hard to see, it might be okay.

Maybe if you stop saying "become invisible" and say "become undetectable" you will feel better about it. Probably not, but maybe it's worth a shot. It sounds less magicky.

Altair1789
08-07-2015, 05:26 AM
I've changed my opinion on it. As Nami said, it's avoidable, and no dumber than Unity's disguise skill. I didn't realize that it was a skill from the skill tree, that changes everything. So far Syndicate looks pretty good. Before Unity, their talks of MD and the First Civilization would get me more hyped than Fallout 4, but now I doubt Ubi's credibility on these matters

generallsj
08-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Dark Templar's Creed : Arkham.

Kaptain_Sparrow
08-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Okay, it's a skill and thus we do not have to use it.

But:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9cyMNB07A

3:45
He clearly states: "this skill is unique to Evie and allows her to become virtually INVISIBLE to the enemy EVEN on open ground. Once Evie has acquired the chameleon skill it will trigger automatically when you stay still in stealth mode."

Sounds like invisibility, doesn't it?
I'm okay with the assassins being able to perform things that might be undoable for a normal person. They are assassins... Nevertheless I don't like actions that are not possible in general: Being invisible, use a zipline upwards,...

Nerdman3000
08-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Honestly people, you don't have to use the skill if you don't want to. I'm certainly not going to use or get the skill.

BananaBlighter
08-07-2015, 07:17 PM
He does say 'virtually' (nearly) invisible, so I doubt you'd stay undetected if a guard walks up you in an open area. I think it's more to 'half cover' behind something incase her body isn't fully covered. If that case it makes sense because it's hard to see things that aren't moving that you aren't focusing on and mainly in your peripheral vision. I guess she's just a 'master' of staying still, unlike her brother who keeps fidgeting about. If the whole body is visible and she's close enough, I do believe guards would still spot her. Remember it's more to make waiting for enemies to pass less of a hassle and more efficient, as you can't move when 'invisible'.

EDIT: Now I look back at the official walkthrough, it is a bit ridiculous during that bit on the roof, though I could imagine if the guard was looking away from that spot, seeing as Evie's outfit is black and it's at night. Though it's kinda scary if she can do the same at day against a background that contrasts with her outfit.

itsamea-mario
08-07-2015, 07:28 PM
The "you don't have to use it if you don't want to" argument is and always has been stupid

HDinHB
08-07-2015, 09:03 PM
The "you don't have to use it if you don't want to" argument is and always has been stupid

If you think the argument is stupid, you don't have to use it.

Jessigirl2013
08-07-2015, 09:18 PM

I agree,
The invisibility is just stupid and I hope its not too late to drop it like they did with the "high ground" feature in Unity. <--- doesn't everyone remember that atrocity. :mad:

pacmanate
08-07-2015, 09:26 PM
He does say 'virtually' (nearly) invisible, so I doubt you'd stay undetected if a guard walks up you in an open area. I think it's more to 'half cover' behind something incase her body isn't fully covered. If that case it makes sense because it's hard to see things that aren't moving that you aren't focusing on and mainly in your peripheral vision. I guess she's just a 'master' of staying still, unlike her brother who keeps fidgeting about. If the whole body is visible and she's close enough, I do believe guards would still spot her. Remember it's more to make waiting for enemies to pass less of a hassle and more efficient, as you can't move when 'invisible'.

EDIT: Now I look back at the official walkthrough, it is a bit ridiculous during that bit on the roof, though I could imagine if the guard was looking away from that spot, seeing as Evie's outfit is black and it's at night. Though it's kinda scary if she can do the same at day against a background that contrasts with her outfit.

Its not to half cover, you dont even have to be in cover for it to activate, Just crouched anywhere, unseen, wait 2 seconds and voila.

Sushiglutton
08-07-2015, 09:38 PM
If you think the argument is stupid, you don't have to use it.

Haha well played :D

steveeire
08-07-2015, 09:48 PM
meh I don't see the problem, she is just better at hiding than other people.

BananaBlighter
08-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Its not to half cover, you dont even have to be in cover for it to activate, Just crouched anywhere, unseen, wait 2 seconds and voila.

I know it's very possible to activate it in an open space, but as he says it's 'virtually' invisible, I'd assume if you actually do and they come straight towards you, you'd get spotted, making it more useful to use when you're not actually in cover but not in open space either.

dimbismp
08-08-2015, 12:17 AM
Well,Evie is the stealthy one!She can turn invisible in the middle of the street!That's real stealth guys!(As if the AI wasn't stupid enough already).

The argument "it is not mandatory,so no need to get upset" is a bad one.Yes,i may not have to use it no matter what,but accepting things like the disguise skill and the chameleon skill,let's Ubi create many more "awesome" features like these,instead of creating proper mechanics!

And no,it is not just a visual representation.She can turn invisible just in front of guards,making them more stupid than they already are.I mean,i just don't get how people can accept this cheap work from Ubi:
-Can you explain to me how does Arno turn into a guard,a woman or a beggar?He doesn't even need to be a part of a group to do this,he just morphs into another man,and walks into the restricted zone without anyone questioning him.(No Helix,Animus BS allowed as answer)

-You are trying to tell me that it is completely normal that Evie turns invisible just because she stays still for 2 secs.So,if i was a criminal and heard the cops coming at me,i could just stay still for a little while,and they wouldn't notice me.I would become a natural part of the environment.Hooray!

-And finally,the real point:Evie is the "stealthy one" because she can use throwing knives slightly better,she can use an OP bomb and she can turn invisible.Instead of trying to create real differences with Jacob(aka Arno Dorian),they created a Jacob with magic powers.Right...

I am 100% with Pacmanate on this.

Other than that the blackbox mission was decent.A step forward comparing to ACU.The atmosphere was more Victorian this time.With a cool story,everything is possible,but this game can still end up as a huge disappointment.

Sorrosyss
08-08-2015, 02:20 AM
Well, they did say she follows the Creed very closely.

"Hide in plain sight" :p

HDinHB
08-08-2015, 02:24 AM

:) You forgot to drop the mic. This discussion is closed.

http://i.imgur.com/NOmSy66.gif

ShoryukenMan
08-08-2015, 04:54 AM
I didn't vote, because I don't really care. As long as it isn't game breaking, it'll be fine with me. Perhaps Evie has some POE that allows her to become invisible at certain points, but maybe it isn't perfect? All in all, the things I actually care about are:

Does it have a good story?
Does it run at a solid 30 fps?
Is it glitchy beyond all hell?
Is it fun?

Alphacos007
08-08-2015, 08:05 AM
:) You forgot to drop the mic. This discussion is closed.

http://i.imgur.com/NOmSy66.gif

That made me laugh more than it should :D

SofaJockey
08-08-2015, 09:06 AM
I didn't vote, because I don't really care. As long as it isn't game breaking, it'll be fine with me. Perhaps Evie has some POE that allows her to become invisible at certain points, but maybe it isn't perfect? All in all, the things I actually care about are:

Is it fun?

Pretty much this.
Many games have stealth mechanics that defy belief.
In Skyrim with 100% stealth, you can pretty much creep right past a NPCs nose...

pb0yd1
08-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Hope theres a beta ,i know there want be but this is the only AC am not buying day 1 ,if i buy at all .

rrebe
08-08-2015, 09:10 AM
I'm having fairly neutral feelings about the new skill. I don't mind that it is there, but I don't feel like I will be needing or using it at all. But it is nice to have that option for those who would like to give it a try. If it's a skill you have to purchase (like the Disguise skill in Unity) I probably won't be buying it until the very end if it is required for trophies.

If something is staying still in not very good lighting it is harder to get noticed, so in a way I understand the new skill, but I need more information about it. Like will the invisibility work the same in broad daylight, does it matter where Evie is hiding, the distance to guards and so forth.

ba dum tss :D

Jessigirl2013
08-08-2015, 07:14 PM

:rolleyes:
I laughed too long after reading this ;)
Genius

Is it fun?
I agree but I also care about the MD story in AC.

Apparently its linking on from Unity, AKA its probably practically non existent.:mad:

andreycvetov
08-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one who hates that they make every next assassin more anti-gravity spidermanish . I really , really hate that , and seeing it in this gameplay made me stop watching the video . How she climbs the tower and jumps from one end to the other . Why not make the climbing more detailed , where every stone and crack counts , where distance matters and our hero cant make these massive leaps . Oh , and this ''stealth '' mechanic is pure **** .

HDinHB
08-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Am I the only one who hates that they make every next assassin more anti-gravity spidermanish . I really , really hate that , and seeing it in this gameplay made me stop watching the video . How she climbs the tower and jumps from one end to the other . Why not make the climbing more detailed , where every stone and crack counts , where distance matters and our hero cant make these massive leaps . Oh , and this ''stealth '' mechanic is pure **** .

MAC said in an interview they were going to add more gravity to climbing, so I was disappointed to see Evie skittering up that tower. I thought Unity signalled they might be bringing some of the fun and challenge back to free running, but with this and the instant zip line, it doesn't look promising.

Democrito_71
08-08-2015, 09:01 PM
I think the invisibility ability is an good indicator for the players knows when Evie is hidden from enemies although I also agree it looks quite out of place. Best thing is we can decide if some of us wants to upgrade Evie to have the Chameleon power or not.

steveeire
08-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Do you think Evie goes and spies on the guys in the mens changing room with her invisibility?

RA503
08-09-2015, 02:40 AM
Unity give explanation for Arno's skin change ability ? I don't remember, was a Animus thing ?

ShoryukenMan
08-09-2015, 05:34 AM
I agree but I also care about the MD story in AC.

Apparently its linking on from Unity, AKA its probably practically non existent.:mad:

I care about the MD story as well, and I kind of group that in with the, "does it have a good story?"

If it's going to be like Unity, then I more than likely won't enjoy it.

GunnerGalactico
08-09-2015, 07:42 AM
Do you think Evie goes and spies on the guys in the mens changing room with her invisibility?

No, she doesn't seem like the perverted type.

EmptyCrustacean
08-09-2015, 09:06 AM
It's totally out of place. And the purple grenade thing is even sillier.

Jessigirl2013
08-10-2015, 12:39 PM
She has have fun somehow ;)
Being an assassin must be a high stress job.

I care about the MD story as well, and I kind of group that in with the, "does it have a good story?"

If it's going to be like Unity, then I more than likely won't enjoy it.

Same here ;)
It the MD story is based on cutscenes like Unity then I defiantly wont.

No, she doesn't seem like the perverted type.
You never know :rolleyes:

It's totally out of place. And the purple grenade thing is even sillier.
Yeah .... I will probably never use that ;)

Did anyone else notice that at 7.53 Evie is transparent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyEVwrlr7V8

The guy demoing it must of realised, as he moves the camera to hide it.;)
Odd bug.

UbiJustin
08-12-2015, 10:42 PM
To add further clarification, Game Director Scott Phillips stated recently at gamescom that the the Chameleon ability only works while standing still. She controls her breathing to stay undetected; however, if a guard patrols into her, the stealth breaks. The invisibility is a visual queue for the player to know when the ability is being activated. Meaning she doesn't actually turn translucent.

Furthermore, he added it is an ability that you will need to work towards to unlock. This means you have the option to not unlock it. You can play both Evie or Jacob how you want to play, but each have their specialties and this was one ability to emphasize some of Evie's specialties.

BananaBlighter
08-13-2015, 03:22 PM
I still feel that nearly everything new added to the game is lazy, taken from other games, and/or makes it far too easy.

jdowny
08-14-2015, 06:12 PM
It's completely ridiculous and I wish they'd get rid of it. A lot of games have features which aren't literal actions, just implied. Like say, healing in most games - with a lot of them you press a button and you're magically healed. Of course that goes against the popular trend now of actually acting out the healing - pulling bullets out, wrapping a bandage etc. With Unity's disguise skill this was forgiveable for me - I can see the logic in Arno disguising himself to get past guards by dressing as one of them or a civilian. It removes the part where he steals their clothes for the sake of saving time. It gets ridiculous when he can disguise himself as a woman though, or anyone in Paris for that matter. That was just odd.

But the chameleon skill doesn't seem to have that grounded basis.

GunnarGunderson
08-14-2015, 06:37 PM
Actual stealth mechanics? Naw, just let 'em turn invisible.

Next AC, enemies just won't see you ever. While they're at it, enemies should just drop dead when you look at them and press a button, also you should be able to teleport anywhere.

To add further clarification, Game Director Scott Phillips stated recently at gamescom that the the Chameleon ability only works while standing still. She controls her breathing to stay undetected; however, if a guard patrols into her, the stealth breaks. The invisibility is a visual queue for the player to know when the ability is being activated. Meaning she doesn't actually turn translucent. .

How does controlling your breathing stop a guard from spotting you when he's staring right at you? That makes less sense than the invisibility, at least with that you could contextualize it with a Piece of Eden or something

rrebe
08-15-2015, 09:47 AM
To add further clarification, Game Director Scott Phillips stated recently at gamescom that the the Chameleon ability only works while standing still. She controls her breathing to stay undetected; however, if a guard patrols into her, the stealth breaks. The invisibility is a visual queue for the player to know when the ability is being activated. Meaning she doesn't actually turn translucent.

Furthermore, he added it is an ability that you will need to work towards to unlock. This means you have the option to not unlock it. You can play both Evie or Jacob how you want to play, but each have their specialties and this was one ability to emphasize some of Evie's specialties.

The invisibility part was a bit of a concern, thanks for clearing that out :)

MnemonicSyntax
08-20-2015, 07:25 PM

It's optional then? No sweat. Give it to people that want it, use the points on something else for those that don't.

Works for me.

UbiJustin
08-20-2015, 09:26 PM
It's optional then? No sweat. Give it to people that want it, use the points on something else for those that don't.

Works for me.

Exactly this. It is an ability among many abilities that you need to unlock. So you have the option to not unlock it.

If you want to play Evie really stealthy, this ability may be a good option for you. If you want to make her more offensive focused, then maybe use the points on something else, like her knife mastery.

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 09:44 PM
just another option like blend so not anything to get upset about... useful for ghosting missions for those of us who prefer stealth to gung ho :)

BananaBlighter
08-20-2015, 09:50 PM
I certainly won't be getting it, not because I want to spend the points somewhere else, but because IMO it's a lazy mechanic that makes the game easier. However as a completionist something doesn't feel right about not getting a skill.

HDinHB
08-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Exactly this. It is an ability among many abilities that you need to unlock. So you have the option to not unlock it.

If you want to play Evie really stealthy, this ability may be a good option for you. If you want to make her more offensive focused, then maybe use the points on something else, like her knife mastery.

This begs the question that was asked about Unity's progression system that I haven't seen asked/answered for Syndicate: will all the abilities for each character be able to be unlocked in a single playthrough?

m4r-k7
08-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Yes the feature is optional, but thats not the point. Now that they have done invisibility (which is clearly an advancement from the ridiculous disguise ability), what stops them from doing even more crazier stuff in future games? Yes Assassins Creed isn't 100% realistic, but the core mechanics are supposed to be grounded in reality. The fact that they thought of the idea in the first place annoys the hell out of me. That worries me for the direction they are taking the franchise in.

Its like they are taking the easy way out. It seems like they just thought to themselves "Okay we have this character, Evie, who is meant to be the stealthier out of the two protagonists. I know, lets allow her to become invisible when staying still. Its not invisibility, its just a visual cue expressing that she is being incredibly quiet"

To me, that is just laziness. They could have given her more stealth mechanics, such as a lower crouch (prone ability even?), quicker stealth mobility, make her blend in crowds easier by interacting more with crowds etc.

I know people will think I am over reacting, but its just the way I feel, especially after playing such fantastic games this year. Anyway the point is, I can get over the mechanic, but what it is saying about future games worries me immensely.

Shahkulu101
08-20-2015, 10:12 PM
I prefer stealth and that's precisely why I won't be using the skill. Makes things far too easy - you don't improve stealth by negating the need to actually hide and stay out of site. Yes it only works when standing still but that removes the need to hide behind cover or make sure you find a safe spot before scouting out the area. I won't use it, so I'm not bothered by it, but it's a really silly design decision and I don't know why anybody thought it was a good idea. Nor do I know why anybody would want to use it. Surely it just takes the fun out of stealth completely? The game's easy enough as it is.

And apart from being bad from a gameplay perspective, it's presence underlines something that's been lost in the series. AC always prided itself on doing things that were amazing, but seemingly within the realms of possibility. And the animus framed all those things in a believable way. Invisible walls were explained by the fact you're ancestor hadn't yet gone there, it explained the presence of a HUD within the game which had never been done before. Those were all things that were grounded in the Sci-fi lore and formed the heart of the series. Now the animus can do ridiculous things and it just seems like a toy; in Unity you had the ridiculous disguise skill which let you metamorph into another person in one second and now in Syndicate you can turn invisible. These feel like cheap ways to "improve" the game that show no regard for what AC actually is. These gimmicks might do well in other AAA games but AC is better than that.

Oh sorry, was better than that.

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 10:24 PM
it's not for all of us... a lot of us are veteran stealth game players... the first thief games I was guaranteed to die if I made a noise ;)
But there were people unhappy about combat being too difficult and this is an option for those who want to learn stealth ... on the next playthrough they can decide against it.

As it is optional we can ignore it... and if it is needed as part of 100% completion then we can acquire it at the end or earlier and not use it.

pacmanate
08-20-2015, 10:35 PM

Thats not the point. You don't make stealth "Viable" by making you invisible. If you want people to play stealthy, you use cover, you take your time. You don't turn invisible.

Im shocked this is even an "ability". How can stealth be a pillar if you don't need to have any skill?

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 11:19 PM
I understand what you are saying pacmanate... but i see it similar to walking into a group or sitting to blend... in a group we could walk and move unseen... this option only allows for Evie to stand still.. no better than ducking behind a pillar, wall or desk, not as useful as a disguise... that way we could ghost the mission easily.

I know invisibility is like a cheat word but it serves the same purpose as other methods so I can play without it.

and it is optional... plus the cooldown (i'm assuming it exists) may make it something that cannot be overused...

I'm sure, like myself and many others you will not use it... but new players might need it to start with... I've seen many threads with people struggling to do a section in the game and lots of others replying "huh, that's easy" but to them it is easy but to others... they may need that little bit of help.

At least it being optional gives us the choice.

Abelzorus-Prime
08-20-2015, 11:40 PM
The stuff you're talking about were introduced so early that they set parameters of what was realistic within. They sayy she doesn't turn in invisible but she might as well be as she stands so close to guards in open space and they don't see a thing. That doesn't fit within in the world they established, I think the rope launcher does because there are similar things to that in real life and due to the fact that Altair created a hidden gun which was technology way ahead of his time.

Within the universe they have built, the only way I could see that work is if a POE is involved.

VoldR
08-20-2015, 11:42 PM
It doesn't bother me much. Its there if you want it and just ignore it if you don't like it. Other then that how do you feel about the voltaic bomb.

True, I don't bother with the visions in most games eagle vision or detective mode in batman, instinct in hitman, etc.
I even solve cases or follow trails in unity with the normal view, which I love...

They actually have trails for ur own eyes to see and follow. Only Bellec's trail u need to use vision at the last spot to continue the game. Not sure if it's an actual trail here I just followed the puddles and accidentally reach the destination and saw a suspicious mat layed on the floor where we should climb.

just wish there's something more interesting... Just finished the entire franchise again ever since Connor which intro tons of new things, the rest just copy his moves even shay who's not even blood related like Edward moves the same.

Unity add in new combat and descent but cut out fists. Love eagle vision that's limited in time use. :D
Just wish we can't see through walls...

Invisibility, just make sure it doesn't work in broad day light middle of the road I'm fine.

Voltaire bomb is just stun grenade to me, unless like splinter cell it reacts to water on the ground.

Wolfmeister1010
08-21-2015, 12:07 AM
I'm just happy it is an optional skill.

Also, to be honest it is kinda lame what the developers are saying to justify it. "She is controlling her breathing and becoming one with the environment..the invisibility is just an animus visual clue"

Yeah..you can call it whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that now the player can literally sit in the middle of a well lit room or an open expanse in broad daylight and become immune to guard detection unless you are basically tripped over. It takes away the need for planning routes, for using cover, for taking out enemies, for getting rid of bells, for using darts, for exploiting the environment, when you can just become invisible to guards. No amount of "breath control" can make you invisible.

The worst part is that this is all they really decided to do to set Evie apart as more stealthy. There are plenty of other things they could have done, like make her much faster so she can avoid detection, or make her footsteps quieter, or give her more objects in the environment to blend into (Maybe because of her skill she can expertly slip between machinery or grass or panels to conceal herself while Jacob can only use haystacks, cover and pedestrians. Instead they just decided to just slap on a poor animus excuse for literal invisibility.

Not to mention how ridiculous the voltaic bombs are. Electricity grenades? Really? Would have been much better if she had a tool that could send an electric current though water to incapacitate guards At least that would be somewhat comprehensibly realistic and would require planning and thought instead of just spamming them whenever you don't feel like fighting or running.

Other than that, everything else in the game seems to be coming along quite nicely in terms of combat, animations, parkour, customization and the open world.

strigoi1958
08-21-2015, 02:35 AM
But we used to just merge into a group and let go of the keys and the group would take us past guards and into restricted areas... I used to go and make a drink and return to find ezio inside... I think maybe we are stuck on the word invisible... if they had said blend into the environment... like when we're between 2 people while a group of guards walked right past us... or stood in a group... it really isn't any different... it is a means of temporarily avoiding detection. Unity had a blend ability unlocked but I never sat between 2 people once... I used the money pouch often and virtually became invisible when people ran to pick up coins... no different... but I used it because it earned creed points in the club competition...

Ezio had lots of seats and static and moving groups plus he could hire women to escort him or guys to fight for him... if anything this is less useful then joining a moving group but still it's there ONLY for those who want or need it.

how well hidden is this in environment blend ? I bet you cannot spot Arno while he is "invisible" to guards ;).. it is no different to me and it is optional.
http://www.primagames.com/media/files/eblend1.jpg/PRIMAP/quality/80

Wolfmeister1010
08-21-2015, 02:46 AM
At least that mechanic implies he is blended among the crowd. The whole "becoming one with the environment" in the middle of an open and well lit space justification is absurd.

I think it would be a decent mechanic if it worked in shadowed areas at night or in interiors. But never outside during the day.

HDinHB
08-21-2015, 03:09 AM
I think it would be a decent mechanic if it worked in shadowed areas at night or in interiors. But never outside during the day.

Pretty much this. I haven't seen an egregious example tet, so I'm not going to get worked up about it.

The magic unlimited zipline is fairly absurd in its own right.

As for "invisibility" being helpful to new players, they said it's an advanced skill you unlock later in the game, so...no.

strigoi1958
08-21-2015, 03:28 AM
he's still a guy with a hood, armour and lots of weapons in plain view as prominent as a flamingo in a cheese show and Stevie Wonder would find him... ;) I think Ubi could have just had Evie crouch or cover but decided to change it a little... the fact of how she achieves cover makes no difference to me it is optional and if people are not skilled at stealth yet... I'm 56 but I'm assuming some guys have only been alive half of my gaming career and this may possibly be their first AC game.... they might need it at first.

I played AC and thought Altair was great and the franchise had huge potential.... I never bought another AC game until AC3 and it was awesome..... I bought every other AC game.... BUT if I had bought AC2 instead of 3 I would probably not be here... because the timed lever tombs were a nightmare for me and I almost smashed every piece of gaming equipment I own from frustration... Now people just said to me... that's easy... it wasn't... I would have never bought another AC game and I wouldn't want new guys frustrated out of becoming assassin fans.

We don't need to "buy" that skill or use that skill ... we can just cover or duck as usual... but it offers an easier option for people to get into stealth games. I know people who refused to use ranged weapons because they said it was not an assassin way... so how we play is not dictated by anyone except ourselves.

HDinHB
08-21-2015, 03:34 AM
... because the timed lever tombs were a nightmare for me and I almost smashed every piece of gaming equipment I own from frustration...

But...but...but those are the best parts of the entire series.

strigoi1958
08-21-2015, 03:39 AM
see exactly.... for me it almost killed the series... nothing to do with stealth... but every time i had to back jump then immediately jump sideways as soon as I hit another wall I just fell in the water... if there had been a simpler way it would have made a great game enjoyable but... 60 hours of gameplay with 35 hours stuck in tombs is not enjoyable at all... the rest of the game was great.

but not repeatedly pulling a lever falling and swimming back to repeat the process for the thousandth time.... did I ever tell you the definition of insanity ? lol

Just because I can ghost every heist in Unity undetected and find them easy... doesn't mean others will... what I don't need I don't use but I don't see why it should be taken away from others because we are stealthy assassins.

VoldR
08-21-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm just happy it is an optional skill.

Also, to be honest it is kinda lame what the developers are saying to justify it. "She is controlling her breathing and becoming one with the environment..the invisibility is just an animus visual clue"
Control her breathing eh, well than the way I like that to set her apart is if Jacob is a mouth breather like James Kirk... So he got moves like any assassin to lean on wall and corner but he's low stealth will give him away as the guards come close to him.

Basically he got a passive lure skill, :D

Not to mention how ridiculous the voltaic bombs are. Electricity grenades? Really? Would have been much better if she had a tool that could send an electric current though water to incapacitate guards.

Yup, like I mentioned few posts ago, can't believe this is the same company that made Splinter Cell...

Where are the creativity from that franchise. I hope they're not avoiding it just to be "different".

BananaBlighter
08-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Yes the feature is optional, but thats not the point. Now that they have done invisibility (which is clearly an advancement from the ridiculous disguise ability), what stops them from doing even more crazier stuff in future games? Yes Assassins Creed isn't 100% realistic, but the core mechanics are supposed to be grounded in reality. The fact that they thought of the idea in the first place annoys the hell out of me. That worries me for the direction they are taking the franchise in.

Its like they are taking the easy way out. It seems like they just thought to themselves "Okay we have this character, Evie, who is meant to be the stealthier out of the two protagonists. I know, lets allow her to become invisible when staying still. Its not invisibility, its just a visual cue expressing that she is being incredibly quiet"

To me, that is just laziness. They could have given her more stealth mechanics, such as a lower crouch (prone ability even?), quicker stealth mobility, make her blend in crowds easier by interacting more with crowds etc.

I know people will think I am over reacting, but its just the way I feel, especially after playing such fantastic games this year. Anyway the point is, I can get over the mechanic, but what it is saying about future games worries me immensely.

This.

SteelCity999
08-21-2015, 07:00 PM
Between this and the grappling hook, I'm not sure which is worse. If the grappling hook only went out the front, I could see it working, but evidently it goes goes both ways - not even Batman's did that. As for the invisibility, maybe she borrowed Harry Potter's cloak - they are in London. It's just bad. Although Jacob crouching through the streets in "stealth" mode and having all the NPCs making comments and screaming is pretty bad too - that was in the first demo I think. The electrically charged bombs feel like they belong in the Order 1886.

These are such little things but just make the game awkward. Eagle vision has been taken too far as well. The idea was good but now it is overdone. Good to track footprints or finds clues in the environment using it but not just blatant superman powers. As it is now there is no definition of Eagle vision.

Jessigirl2013
08-22-2015, 11:23 PM
Pretty much this. I haven't seen an egregious example tet, so I'm not going to get worked up about it.

The magic unlimited zipline is fairly absurd in its own right.

As for "invisibility" being helpful to new players, they said it's an advanced skill you unlock later in the game, so...no.
One of the things I liked about ACBH.
It didn't handhold you, as it assumed that you played the previous games.

But alas.
Unity is a example that UBI do not care for existing players, Only finding new ones to give them more cash!

I mean just look at Unitys MD....
Oh wait.. Its nonexistant.

pacmanate
08-22-2015, 11:56 PM
There is a clear difference between using the environment to become unseen... and being literally invisible.

I don't care if its optional, the fact that it's a THING is worrying for where the franchise is going.

How can AC say stealth is a pillar when it just allows you to become invisible and doesn't require the need to use and plan your way around the environment?

Jessigirl2013
08-22-2015, 11:59 PM
see exactly.... for me it almost killed the series... nothing to do with stealth... but every time i had to back jump then immediately jump sideways as soon as I hit another wall I just fell in the water... if there had been a simpler way it would have made a great game enjoyable but... 60 hours of gameplay with 35 hours stuck in tombs is not enjoyable at all... the rest of the game was great.

but not repeatedly pulling a lever falling and swimming back to repeat the process for the thousandth time.... did I ever tell you the definition of insanity ? lol

Just because I can ghost every heist in Unity undetected and find them easy... doesn't mean others will... what I don't need I don't use but I don't see why it should be taken away from others because we are stealthy assassins.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one.;)

TO_M
08-24-2015, 05:30 PM
I prefer stealth and that's precisely why I won't be using the skill. Makes things far too easy - you don't improve stealth by negating the need to actually hide and stay out of site. Yes it only works when standing still but that removes the need to hide behind cover or make sure you find a safe spot before scouting out the area. I won't use it, so I'm not bothered by it, but it's a really silly design decision and I don't know why anybody thought it was a good idea. Nor do I know why anybody would want to use it. Surely it just takes the fun out of stealth completely? The game's easy enough as it is.

And apart from being bad from a gameplay perspective, it's presence underlines something that's been lost in the series. AC always prided itself on doing things that were amazing, but seemingly within the realms of possibility. And the animus framed all those things in a believable way. Invisible walls were explained by the fact you're ancestor hadn't yet gone there, it explained the presence of a HUD within the game which had never been done before. Those were all things that were grounded in the Sci-fi lore and formed the heart of the series. Now the animus can do ridiculous things and it just seems like a toy; in Unity you had the ridiculous disguise skill which let you metamorph into another person in one second and now in Syndicate you can turn invisible. These feel like cheap ways to "improve" the game that show no regard for what AC actually is. These gimmicks might do well in other AAA games but AC is better than that.

Oh sorry, was better than that.

This! This a thousand times. I couldn't agree more.

AC gameplay already lacks any skill or effort so I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that they are toning down the difficulty for stealth gameplay even more.

I won't be getting the skill either because I prefer to play a "pure" stealth type of gameplay, but I just think that Ubisoft should have come up with better alternatives to use skill points on rather than unimaginative and unrealistic skills like disguise or invisibility. How does the skill system work btw? Will I at some stage in the game reach a point where I need to get the skill in order to spend all my points?

SteelCity999
08-24-2015, 05:37 PM
There is a clear difference between using the environment to become unseen... and being literally invisible.

I don't care if its optional, the fact that it's a THING is worrying for where the franchise is going.

How can AC say stealth is a pillar when it just allows you to become invisible and doesn't require the need to use and plan your way around the environment?

Agreed....it's like an excuse. Because you can is all you need.

D.I.D.
08-24-2015, 05:40 PM
This! This a thousand times. I couldn't agree more.

AC gameplay already lacks any skill or effort so I'm a bit annoyed by the fact that they are toning down the difficulty for stealth gameplay even more.

I won't be getting the skill either because I prefer to play a "pure" stealth type of gameplay, but I just think that Ubisoft should have come up with better alternatives to use skill points on rather than unimaginative and unrealistic skills like disguise or invisibility. How does the skill system work btw? Will I at some stage in the game where I need to get the skill in order to spend all my points?

I'm still trying to be even-handed until I play it, but I wish they'd done this as a darkness-only skill (i.e. not "blend into surroundings" but "melt into shadows"). I remember the first time I played a Splinter Cell game was Chaos Theory, and how great it was to see a pool of darkness and then blend into it. With today's adaptive animations, it'd be so nice to see a character fold herself into dark areas and re-emerge from them. Characters carrying lanterns could add tension to this, while at other times there'd be this dark humour in having your security in the shadows.

The main problem we all seem to have is that she's not even flattening herself against surfaces to achieve her blending - she's just standing in open ground. I think almost everyone would be alright with this system if you couldn't do it everywhere. You get your security, but you have to earn it by reaching it.

VoldR
08-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Thats not the point. You don't make stealth "Viable" by making you invisible. If you want people to play stealthy, you use cover, you take your time. You don't turn invisible.

Im shocked this is even an "ability". How can stealth be a pillar if you don't need to have any skill?

Ahem, it's "viable" if there's a story reason to it... like all the games which does indeed have cloaking abilities for various reasons... :)
(Augmentation, disguise, camouflage , suits, mutations, illusion, cloaking device... )

Holding breath is just not a good reason... to have to justify disappearing from plain sight.

dxsxhxcx
08-24-2015, 09:12 PM
Ahem, it's "viable" if there's a story reason to it... like all the games which does indeed have cloaking abilities for various reasons... :)
(Augmentation, disguise, camouflage , suits, mutations, illusion, cloaking device... )

I disagree, Ubisoft used to pay more attention to things like this, trying not to push our suspension of disbelief too far, now they don't seem to care anymore (overpowered Eagle Vision, no sync problems, removal of the Bleeding Effect, DNA's owner being disposable,etc)...

What's no surprise given the direction they took with the franchise, but it's sad to see it losing these "little" things that helped making it so interesting and complex each new game they release...

EmbodyingSeven5
08-25-2015, 04:00 PM
This is so stupid. Just an excuse made by ubi to "improve" the stealth mechanics in game. Ubi needs to sit down and reinvent the stealth in this game. Take a page from Farcry and Splintercell. You own those games for Christ sakes! How can Assassins creeds stealth be so behind!

joelsantos24
08-25-2015, 04:06 PM
This is so stupid. Just an excuse made by ubi to "improve" the stealth mechanics in game. Ubi needs to sit down and reinvent the stealth in this game. Take a page from Farcry and Splintercell. You own those games for Christ sakes! How can Assassins creeds stealth be so behind!
Ubisoft doesn't have to reinvent anything. They produce, like you mentioned and very well, the series that defines stealth, Splinter Cell. They make the game that lives and dies on stealth, so they only have to look closely on how it's done on SC games, that's all.

As for the question at hand, Evie's invisibility cloak, it's obviously pathetic. There's not much more I can say about that.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-25-2015, 04:17 PM
Ubisoft doesn't have to reinvent anything. They produce, like you mentioned and very well, the series that defines stealth, Splinter Cell. They make the game that lives and dies on stealth, so they only have to look closely on how it's done on SC games, that's all.

As for the question at hand, Evie's invisibility cloak, it's obviously pathetic. There's not much more I can say about that.

I would be afraid if I said that they would just copy and paste it. Actually......that would be better then the one we already have.

D.I.D.
08-25-2015, 04:22 PM

The Marvellous Miss Take from last year was a fantastic little stealth game. The guards aren't even on patterns - they wander where they want, seek you out extremely well, but you can use gadgets to trick them. No combat, but very good gameplay. If only the Chronicles games were made by that company.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-25-2015, 04:26 PM
The Marvellous Miss Take from last year was a fantastic little stealth game. The guards aren't even on patterns - they wander where they want, seek you out extremely well, but you can use gadgets to trick them. No combat, but very good gameplay. If only the Chronicles games were made by that company.

Sounds interesting, Ill check it out. (:

Dishonored is one of my favorite stealth titles.

D.I.D.
08-25-2015, 04:39 PM
Sounds interesting, Ill check it out. (:

Dishonored is one of my favorite stealth titles.

I have to say, it's priced at the top end of its bracket. If £15 is no big deal, try it out (can always get a Steam refund, after all!), but strictly speaking Rocket League would be a better investment at that price. I got it 50% off in a Steam sale, and was more than happy :)

[edit] Also, bear in mind that Volume shares a lot in common with TMMT. I haven't played it yet, so I don't know if it's better or worse. Miss Take is a cartoon 60s London with a great soundtrack, whereas Volume appears to be sci-fi with nice stylised graphics and the voice of Shaun Hastings. A tough choice, perhaps!

col_96
08-25-2015, 04:44 PM
I don't think it belongs in an Assassin's Creed game.

I won't be using it.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-25-2015, 04:56 PM
I have to say, it's priced at the top end of its bracket. If £15 is no big deal, try it out (can always get a Steam refund, after all!), but strictly speaking Rocket League would be a better investment at that price. I got it 50% off in a Steam sale, and was more than happy :)

[edit] Also, bear in mind that Volume shares a lot in common with TMMT. I haven't played it yet, so I don't know if it's better or worse. Miss Take is a cartoon 60s London with a great soundtrack, whereas Volume appears to be sci-fi with nice stylised graphics and the voice of Shaun Hastings. A tough choice, perhaps!

Been hearing a lot of good stuff about Rocket league. Looks pretty fun and chaotic.

joelsantos24
08-25-2015, 04:58 PM
I don't think it belongs in an Assassin's Creed game.

I won't be using it.
From what I perceived, it doesn't work that way. You cannot just decide to use it or not, since it activates automatically when you're still.

D.I.D.
08-25-2015, 05:40 PM
From what I perceived, it doesn't work that way. You cannot just decide to use it or not, since it activates automatically when you're still.

Well that's it. I'm going protest the only way I know how: by sprinting everywhere and firing my loudest guns in the air.

BananaBlighter
08-25-2015, 05:48 PM

Don't worry, it's not that bad, as it's an unlockable skill, so you have the choice to spend currency n it or not. I certainly won't be unlocking this skill. I wish this game had difficulty settings, because from what I've seen (not just this ability) the game is turning out to be a whole lot easier than even titles before Unity. If the skill had a decent explanation, a proper cooldown and maybe the need to be in cover, then maybe I would accept it if the rest of the game was a lot harder than what we saw in the demo.

I know that the explanation given was her 'breathing', but I still think that this could have something to do with a PoE. In some of the details Namikaze gave us on the Syndicate General Discussion thread, it states, "Evie will focus on the Pieces of Eden, and will try to find them before the Templars" meaning that there are probably more than just the Shroud. As it is a late game skill, it is likely that it is only unlocked after Eve obtains one of these other PoEs.

joelsantos24
08-25-2015, 06:32 PM
Don't worry, it's not that bad, as it's an unlockable skill, so you have the choice to spend currency n it or not. I certainly won't be unlocking this skill. I wish this game had difficulty settings, because from what I've seen (not just this ability) the game is turning out to be a whole lot easier than even titles before Unity. If the skill had a decent explanation, a proper cooldown and maybe the need to be in cover, then maybe I would accept it if the rest of the game was a lot harder than what we saw in the demo.

I know that the explanation given was her 'breathing', but I still think that this could have something to do with a PoE. In some of the details Namikaze gave us on the Syndicate General Discussion thread, it states, "Evie will focus on the Pieces of Eden, and will try to find them before the Templars" meaning that there are probably more than just the Shroud. As it is a late game skill, it is likely that it is only unlocked after Eve obtains one of these other PoEs.
Well, that's certainly good to know. Nonetheless, it's disturbing how Ubisoft could ever think of such a pathetic ability for an assassin. You know what? This reeks of laziness, or inability (I seriously don't know which is worse), to properly develop the stealth system. If it's somehow related with a POE that Evie ends up owning, then it's more acceptable. It certainly adds up with the possibility that it's unlockable near the end of the game.

Or is it? Because in that video about the black box mission in the Tower of London, where she is given the task to kill that woman searching for the shroud, she already displays it. It didn't seem like a mission close to the end of the game. I really cannot know for sure.

m4r-k7
08-25-2015, 06:45 PM

Nah it has nothing to do with pieces of eden. The developers specifically made Evie the "stealthier" assassin out of the twins and so they gave her this idiotic ability.

joelsantos24
08-26-2015, 09:56 AM
Nah it has nothing to do with pieces of eden. The developers specifically made Evie the "stealthier" assassin out of the twins and so they gave her this idiotic ability.
The developers specifically said the ability was given exclusively for the purpose of turning her into the stealthier assassin?

Shahkulu101
08-26-2015, 10:34 AM
The developers specifically said the ability was given exclusively for the purpose of turning her into the stealthier assassin?

That and better throwing knife range.

So difference, such stealth.

EmptyCrustacean
08-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Well, that's certainly good to know. Nonetheless, it's disturbing how Ubisoft could ever think of such a pathetic ability for an assassin. You know what? This reeks of laziness, or inability (I seriously don't know which is worse), to properly develop the stealth system. If it's somehow related with a POE that Evie ends up owning, then it's more acceptable. It certainly adds up with the possibility that it's unlockable near the end of the game.

Or is it? Because in that video about the black box mission in the Tower of London, where she is given the task to kill that woman searching for the shroud, she already displays it. It didn't seem like a mission close to the end of the game. I really cannot know for sure.

If it's a piece of Eden ability then I'd be all for it - although it seems rather early in the game, no? In previous games you use pieces of Eden much later in the game otherwise you'll be overpowered.

joelsantos24
08-26-2015, 11:14 AM
If it's a piece of Eden ability then I'd be all for it - although it seems rather early in the game, no? In previous games you use pieces of Eden much later in the game otherwise you'll be overpowered.
Exactly, it does seem early in the game rather than later, right?

Shahkulu101
08-26-2015, 11:25 AM
The developers confirmed that the chameleon ability is a late game skill.

pacmanate
08-26-2015, 11:58 AM

Holding breath is just not a good reason... to have to justify disappearing from plain sight.

If there is a story reason, yeah I guess. But there isnt one. Devs specifically state that Evie is a master Assassin that is good at stealth and this is why she can "Hide in plain sight". Worst excuse I've ever heard.

BananaBlighter
08-26-2015, 12:04 PM
If there is a story reason, yeah I guess. But there isnt one. Devs specifically state that Evie is a master Assassin that is good at stealth and this is why she can "Hide in plain sight". Worst excuse I've ever heard.

Oh my god if their interpretation of the 'hide in plain sight' tenet is actually invisibility . . .

. . .

. . .

. . . AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

joelsantos24
08-26-2015, 01:54 PM
I seriously don't know what to think anymore.

Hans684
08-26-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't see the problem.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-26-2015, 08:34 PM
I don't see the problem.

People believe it crosses the line of reality too much with this. Similar to how the Disguise skill from Unity was transforming into a guard with no explanation. Its easier to accept if it had a story reason. Its too immersion breaking. Its also a lame excuse to say "Look! Evie really is the more stealthy assassin!" Its also a way of putting off actually improving the stealth system.

joelsantos24
08-26-2015, 09:16 PM
The bottom line is, it doesn't require any skill or work whatsoever to be stealthier. All you need to do, is stand still for a couple of seconds and you're invisible.

Hans684
08-26-2015, 10:13 PM
People believe it crosses the line of reality too much with this. Similar to how the Disguise skill from Unity was transforming into a guard with no explanation. Its easier to accept if it had a story reason. Its too immersion breaking. Its also a lame excuse to say "Look! Evie really is the more stealthy assassin!" Its also a way of putting off actually improving the stealth system.

Not what I meant, what I meant is invisibility. Key word, "can't see".

EmbodyingSeven5
08-27-2015, 01:03 AM
Not what I meant, what I meant is invisibility. Key word, "can't see".

Hans so your dead serious most of the time its hard to tell when your making a joke lol.

WendysBrioche
09-12-2015, 09:55 PM
I gotta say, I really don't like this idea. I'm glad I don't care about this game as much as I usually do for Assassin's Creed games, if I did I would be pretty upset at this. I already disliked the ability that instantly transforms you into a disguise in Unity, I never used the feature and pretended it didn't exist. It would be cool if we could change dress by kidnapping someone, or buying a disguise outfit, but the warp morph is just stupid. I hope they steer away from this kind of thing in future games after Syndicate.

And the voltaic bomb effect is absolutely grotesque. It looks straight out of the 90's. Gross. Fix that ****.

Ureh
09-16-2015, 01:53 AM
So far I've only read two articles and watched two youtube vids about this camouflage ability so I might've missed the background story. All we can hope for is that it's made possible by an artifact... If yes, then it's probably less advanced than the pieces we've seen so far.

Assuming it's a twcb device:
+ it's probably in the same tier as Connor's shard where it doesn't require the user to focus their mind to activate it
+ probably has compact size and shape for convenience
+/- this is an actual camouflage, not an illusion, which means that it can't be countered by anyone who is resistant to the effects of typical Pieces. there's also a chance that a first civ like Juno can't negate this power or turn it against you
- passive effect, only when user is stationary
- since it's not an illusion it means that if you accidentally make some noise (sneeze) or someone bumps into you then your presence will be revealed
- not as powerful as other artifacts: Al Mualim's apple, Rodrigo's staff, Ezio's apple are just a few that turned the user "invisible" without remaining still

SixKeys
09-16-2015, 06:04 AM
So far I've only read two articles and watched two youtube vids about this camouflage ability so I might've missed the background story. All we can hope for is that it's made possible by an artifact... If yes, then it's probably less advanced than the pieces we've seen so far.

+ it's probably in the same tier as Connor's shard where it doesn't require the user to focus their mind to activate it
+/- this is an actual camouflage, not an illusion, which means that it can't be countered by anyone who is resistant to the effects of typical Pieces. there's also a chance that a first civ like Juno can't negate this power or turn it against you
- since it's not an illusion it means that if you accidentally make some noise (sneeze) or someone bumps into you then your presence will be revealed
- not as powerful as other artifacts: Al Mualim's apple, Rodrigo's staff, Ezio's apple are just a few that turned the user "invisible" without remaining still

According to the devs it's not caused by anything external, it's just shorthand for Evie being so good at stealth that she literally becomes invisible to enemies.

UbiJustin
09-16-2015, 04:22 PM

To quote myself from earlier in the thread:

Ureh
09-16-2015, 06:12 PM
Thanks guys. Can't wait to test out all the abilities.

BananaBlighter
09-16-2015, 06:58 PM
I wonder what Jacob's unique skills will be. Also, I'm hoping that knife master and the chameleon ability aren't the only unique skills for Evie. Oh I got she should have one:
Directional whistle - you can aim a whistle at a certain guard instead of attracting a whole group. Possibly OP, but better than invisibility IMO.
Here's a skill Jacob should have:
Taunt - He can taunt enemies in a fight, provoking more than one of them to attack at the same time, allowing him to easily pull off a multi-counter. Obviously it would have a cooldown, as enemies enemies 'don't fall for it again'.

UbiJustin
09-16-2015, 07:13 PM
I wonder what Jacob's unique skills will be. Also, I'm hoping that knife master and the chameleon ability aren't the only unique skills for Evie. Oh I got one: Directional whistle - you can aim a whistle at a certain guard instead of attracting a whole group. Possibly OP, but better than invisibility IMO.
Here's a skill Jacob should have:
Taunt - He can taunt enemies in a fight, provoking more than one of them to attack at the same time, allowing him to easily pull off a multi-counter. Obviously it would have a cooldown, as enemies enemies 'don't fall for it again'.

I don't believe we've mentioned any specific abilities for Jacob, but we did announce he is much more brawler and combat oriented. Both have their specialties, but you will be to play each character how you want to play them. Meaning you can play Jacob as a stealth assassin and Evie as an aggressive assassin, or a mix.

pacmanate
09-17-2015, 12:48 PM
I don't believe we've mentioned any specific abilities for Jacob, but we did announce he is much more brawler and combat oriented. Both have their specialties, but you will be to play each character how you want to play them. Meaning you can play Jacob as a stealth assassin and Evie as an aggressive assassin, or a mix.

By brawler it just seems to look like different movesets whilst enhancing evies stealth is making her invisible because she breathes slower...

SuomiKissa
09-18-2015, 05:57 AM
I do not like it.
In general, I did not like about the game is the site is ready 'chewed' adults, because it takes away from the challenge. Over demonstration is unnecessary. Enemies are useless stressed they themselves should learn to see.
Hopefully Elgen vision is not as flashy as Unity. I do not want to see through fungi or underground.

pacmanate
09-18-2015, 03:39 PM
I think many people are missing the point of why this bugs some of us.

It's not because it's optional, its not because its an "indicator", its because there is no logic behind it at all.

POE = Invisibility = Okay
Animus Hack = Invisibility
Controlled breathing = Invisibility = No

That's not grounded at all. I'm not saying AC is the most grounded in reality franchise out there, but this would mean that even assassin's in modern day would be able to just turn invisible.

Its not an indicator you are hidden, that would be like going grey in a blend zone. Invisibility is an ability/power, not an indicator.

Another reason its not an indicator? In footage we have seen Evie can literally be a meter or 2 away and not be seen whilst in line of sight if she doesn't move, even out in the open. No, that is not an indicator for anything.

The fact that this is IN an AC game with no grounded sense is what is the problem.

EmptyCrustacean
09-18-2015, 05:22 PM
I do not like it.
In general, I did not like about the game is the site is ready 'chewed' adults, because it takes away from the challenge. Over demonstration is unnecessary. Enemies are useless stressed they themselves should learn to see.
Hopefully Elgen vision is not as flashy as Unity. I do not want to see through fungi or underground.

Could somebody translate this into English for me? Thanks.

BananaBlighter
09-18-2015, 05:31 PM
I think many people are missing the point of why this bugs some of us.

It's not because it's optional, its not because its an "indicator", its because there is no logic behind it at all.

POE = Invisibility = Okay
Animus Hack = Invisibility
Controlled breathing = Invisibility = No

That's not grounded at all. I'm not saying AC is the most grounded in reality franchise out there, but this would mean that even assassin's in modern day would be able to just turn invisible.

Its not an indicator you are hidden, that would be like going grey in a blend zone. Invisibility is an ability/power, not an indicator.

Another reason its not an indicator? In footage we have seen Evie can literally be a meter or 2 away and not be seen whilst in line of sight if she doesn't move, even out in the open. No, that is not an indicator for anything.

The fact that this is IN an AC game with no grounded sense is what is the problem.

This certainly bugs me, but so does the fact that it comes to show how unimaginative Ubi are when trying to create 'unique' skill trees. I'm still hoping that there is more than one POE and that one of them is allowing Evie to have this ability. After all, I remember reading somewhere that Evie is hunting for the pieces of Eden. I'm not getting this skill because it detracts from the challenge, but it still makes me kinda sad, that if Ubi had been a bit more creative I would have not had to limit myself with options, and the gameplay would have felt far more varied.

Xangr8
09-18-2015, 05:59 PM
It bugs me a bit but I'm not going to get that ability. But it still bugs me lol.

HDinHB
09-30-2015, 12:19 AM
The official crafting and customization FAQ explains it:
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-crafting-and-customization-faq/

Why does Evie look see-through when she’s using her Chameleon skill?

This is actually for the benefit of the Animus user. While holding still, Evie doesn’t actually become invisible, but she will appear as such to let you know she is, in fact, blending.

So everyone's good with that, right?

http://i.imgur.com/v4zxum8.gif

SixKeys
09-30-2015, 12:39 AM
The official crafting and customization FAQ explains it:
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-crafting-and-customization-faq/

So everyone's good with that, right?

Nah, it's still unnecessary and immersion-breaking. Doesn't matter what justification they come up with, the fact remains that what we are seeing while playing is a 19th century assassin turning invisible. It's patronizing to expect players to not understand how stealth works unless they literally turn invisible.

As an aside, it's curious that the FAQ said "Animus user" instead of "Helix user".

Alphacos007
09-30-2015, 02:28 AM
As an aside, it's curious that the FAQ said "Animus user" instead of "Helix user".

Nice catch, but I think it was just an error made by the writer, since it's already been confirmed and it has actually appeared on videos that it'll be the Helix.

pacmanate
09-30-2015, 05:48 AM
Reasoning is ********. I've seen gameplay where shes out in the open with nothing around her, goes invisible, still can't be seen. IDGAF how much you control your breathing, if you are in the open with nothing around you, 4 metres away right infront of a guard, you WILL get spotted.

SixKeys
09-30-2015, 04:09 PM
Was there an achievement for fully upgrading Jacob and/or Evie's skill tree? If there is, that makes this even more obnoxious as they are basically forcing you to buy the upgrade.

dxsxhxcx
09-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Was there an achievement for fully upgrading Jacob and/or Evie's skill tree? If there is, that makes this even more obnoxious as they are basically forcing you to buy the upgrade.

Phantom - Learn every Stealth Skill as Evie
http://www.trueachievements.com/n21669/assassins-creed-syndicate-achievement-list.htm

But don't worry, we'll have the option to turn it (the animation) off.. :rolleyes:

Reasoning is ********. I've seen gameplay where shes out in the open with nothing around her, goes invisible, still can't be seen. IDGAF how much you control your breathing, if you are in the open with nothing around you, 4 metres away right infront of a guard, you WILL get spotted.

IKR? Visual cue my ***, and even if it was just that, as pointed out before, it's immersion breaking as hell, I would much rather have AC2's blending animation, that I saw as a reminder that we were using the animus than this...

BananaBlighter
09-30-2015, 05:05 PM

Yes there was, or at least something similar that still forces you to get this skill...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7b/6f/20/7b6f20026b67d7dba4a0fff75ecbb498.jpg

Locopells
09-30-2015, 06:17 PM
Once. You won't have to get it on every playthrough...

BananaBlighter
09-30-2015, 06:23 PM
True, though I always keep my first playthrough as my main save. Well I'm not too bothered about the platinum trophy but still...lol if I make a new save just for the achievement! :D

SixKeys
09-30-2015, 06:51 PM
Once. You won't have to get it on every playthrough...

Still, it's stupid because Ubi collects data on these things and don't always realize that people aren't running around collecting hundreds of chests and buying every last piece of equipment because they want to, it's often because there's an achievement tied to those things. They've actually used the "well, we have data that shows people like collecting chests because they keep doing it in every game" excuse to justify putting more collectables in, disregarding the fact that every game has an achievement that forces people to collect them all if they wanna get 100%.

It skews the data in the wrong direction to tie achievements to collectables and skill systems. If they really want to know if people enjoy an activity or feature, don't tie trophies to them. I know so many people who played a few matches of multiplayer or co-op not because they liked it but because they wanted to platinum the game. That may be why multiplayer outstayed its welcome.

TO_M
09-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Ubi's response when people started complaining about this ridiculous skill that ruins actual stealthy gameplay:

"Well it's a skill you have to purchase so you won't be forced to get it.."

Then they actually make it tied to an achievement so you actually ARE FORCED to get it. Not everyone plays through the campaign/the game multiple times so that particular excuse is bullcrap.

Do you guys ever actually listen to feedback? Makes me really glad I won't be getting this game.

cawatrooper9
09-30-2015, 09:14 PM
I get that they're trying to make her the "sneaky ninja" one so Jacob can be the umpteenth brash and aggressive white male in the series...
but there could've been a better way to do this. Why not limit contextual hiding spots to Evie? Give her higher general stealth starting stats? Let her carry more smoke bombs/darts/etc?
This just seems silly.

BananaBlighter
09-30-2015, 09:19 PM
I get that they're trying to make her the "sneaky ninja" one so Jacob can be the umpteenth brash and aggressive white male in the series...
but there could've been a better way to do this. Why not limit contextual hiding spots to Evie? Give her higher general stealth starting stats? Let her carry more smoke bombs/darts/etc?
This just seems silly.

This. A skill I was thinking of was something like a directional whistle (quite far-fetched, being able to direct sound through air...pretty damn hard seeing as air is always moving, though not as bad as breathing making you literally invisible to guards 5m away) that you aim at a guard to attract that single guard Pretty OP so I guess it would have incredibly short range.

cawatrooper9
09-30-2015, 09:39 PM
This. A skill I was thinking of was something like a directional whistle (quite far-fetched, being able to direct sound through air...pretty damn hard seeing as air is always moving, though not as bad as breathing making you literally invisible to guards 5m away) that you aim at a guard to attract that single guard Pretty OP so I guess it would have incredibly short range.

Haha yes! Or just whistling in general... (here's looking at you, Unity).

HDinHB
09-30-2015, 10:56 PM
True, though I always keep my first playthrough as my main save. Well I'm not too bothered about the platinum trophy but still...lol if I make a new save just for the achievement! :D

Let's just hope Syndicate has more that one save slot.

It skews the data in the wrong direction to tie achievements to collectables and skill systems. If they really want to know if people enjoy an activity or feature, don't tie trophies to them. I know so many people who played a few matches of multiplayer or co-op not because they liked it but because they wanted to platinum the game. That may be why multiplayer outstayed its welcome.

It took me a lot more than a few matches to get platinum.

We discussed the merits of the post-mission rating system the other day. I wonder why kind of response they would get to "On a scale of 1-5, how much did you enjoy collecting all the coats-of-arms artifacts in Unity."

Going4Quests
10-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Not sure if you guys are trolling or.. But you can get the achievements easily without having the skill during your play. Just work to 100% synchronisation and do all achievements. When you're completely done with everything get the skill and you get the achievement. Simple as that.

Before the campaign, during it and after you gain a skill point each 1000 xp..

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Not sure if you guys are trolling or.. But you can get the achievements easily without having the skill during your play. Just work to 100% synchronisation and do all achievements. When you're completely done with everything get the skill and you get the achievement. Simple as that.

and what if people want to continue playing after they achieve 100%?

pacmanate
10-01-2015, 01:26 PM
IKR? Visual cue my ***, and even if it was just that, as pointed out before, it's immersion breaking as hell, I would much rather have AC2's blending animation, that I saw as a reminder that we were using the animus than this...

Would love a mod or someone from the dev team to reply to that. They keep spouting out "visual cue, visual cue!", but "controlling your breathing" 4 meters infront of a guard does not make you "blended", and becoming invisible is not a "cue" :rolleyes:

Oh Ubisoft, nice try.

Going4Quests
10-01-2015, 02:11 PM
and what if people want to continue playing after they achieve 100%?

Then they dont get the skill, get 100% and dont just get the achievement.

cawatrooper9
10-01-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm not a trophy hunter, so I'm not to concerned with the 100% aspect (though I empathize with you all).
My big beef with this is that Ubisoft is, by claiming that the ability is optional, basically saying something akin to: "If you want the game to be harder, put on a blindfold."
I don't want it to be my responsibility to handicap myself because YOUR game has a broken (or, at the very least, realism breaking) component, Ubisoft. That's on you.

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Then they dont get the skill, get 100% and dont just get the achievement.

I thought one was tied to the other, my mistake..

SixKeys
10-01-2015, 09:23 PM

Unity only had one save file, so you couldn't keep one file with 100% on everything and one where you just play as you please. Let's hope Syndicate has more than one.

Farlander1991
10-01-2015, 09:38 PM
My stance some time ago was 'if you get invisible when you're not in cover, then it's ****ing ********', but honestly, I've been thinking about it... and I'm fine with this.

Here's the thing, game developers are not stupid. Of course, there can be a lot of reasons for things to be done badly. However, Syndicate is not a game of ambition, or a game that tries to change everything, so this skill is something they most likely had time to focus on. More than likely this skill is a feature that probably appeared as one, most likely totally different, idea, which sucked, as first iterations always do, then it was iterated and playtested and iterated and changed and playtested again until they got to what we have now and what makes sense to both developers and the playtesters. So there must be a reason for this (one that we might not fully realize yet simply because we haven't experienced the game fully), and if there's a reason, then it's fine.

And if it gets to be a broken mechanic... well, we've had broken mechanics ever since AC1. A pity, but at the same time it doesn't bother me anymore.

BananaBlighter
10-01-2015, 10:13 PM
My stance some time ago was 'if you get invisible when you're not in cover, then it's ****ing ********', but honestly, I've been thinking about it... and I'm fine with this.

Here's the thing, game developers are not stupid. Of course, there can be a lot of reasons for things to be done badly. However, Syndicate is not a game of ambition, or a game that tries to change everything, so this skill is something they most likely had time to focus on. More than likely this skill is a feature that probably appeared as one, most likely totally different, idea, which sucked, as first iterations always do, then it was iterated and playtested and iterated and changed and playtested again until they got to what we have now and what makes sense to both developers and the playtesters. So there must be a reason for this (one that we might not fully realize yet simply because we haven't experienced the game fully), and if there's a reason, then it's fine.

And if it gets to be a broken mechanic... well, we've had broken mechanics ever since AC1. A pity, but at the same time it doesn't bother me anymore.

Hmmm...we'll see. I want to agree with you but so far their attitude seems to be "If it's easier it's more fun!".

legendvinu
10-02-2015, 12:22 PM
It is confirmed that Evie has an ability where if she stays still for a certain period of time she will become invisible, you can see this in the following video. How do you feel about this?

Me? I hate it. It has no real life plausibility at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=154&v=ZkWuvbsXVjo
Pls do mind it's not invisibility it's blending both have different meaning and of course i like it and it's very useful when enemies are closer.

SixKeys
10-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Pls do mind it's not invisibility it's blending both have different meaning and of course i like it and it's very useful when enemies are closer.

It's not blending. Blending is when you're hiding in a crowd, not standing out in the open all by yourself 4 feet from a guard and he doesn't see you.

pacmanate
10-02-2015, 01:19 PM
It's not blending. Blending is when you're hiding in a crowd, not standing out in the open all by yourself 4 feet from a guard and he doesn't see you.

It is if you control your breathing, lulz

Alphacos007
10-02-2015, 02:15 PM
:rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
10-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Exactly. If a guard is staring point-blank at where you're standing but doesn't see you, that's not "blending" or "hiding". That's being invisible.

legendvinu
10-02-2015, 04:17 PM

Mr.Sixkeys Its blending in The environment so she becomes almost invisible I din't say that tat's Game dirctor Mr.Scott phillips said in the video in Ign first in a intervie in Eviee Misson pls see video down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9B0x3_-DF8

TO_M
10-02-2015, 05:00 PM
Fanboi detected.

SixKeys
10-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Mr.Sixkeys Its blending in The environment so she becomes almost invisible I din't say that tat's Game dirctor Mr.Scott phillips said in the video in Ign first in a intervie in Eviee Misson pls see video down

*Miss SixKeys. ;)

And we know what the game director said, we're saying it's a poor excuse.

I-Like-Pie45
10-02-2015, 05:41 PM
we all know you are really a man at heart, six keys

legendvinu
10-03-2015, 03:36 PM
*Miss SixKeys. ;)

Sorry Ms.Six Keys. I really don't have any idea what I-Like-pie45 is talking about ;) .what He is saying is True after all He is Our Game director so Enjoy the game

Jessigirl2013
10-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Exactly. If a guard is staring point-blank at where you're standing but doesn't see you, that's not "blending" or "hiding". That's being invisible.
Exactly.;)

We all know that's the BS they stated in the video, and it would actually make sense if that was the case. But when a guard is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU and IN AN OPEN SPACE that's not blending ...... Is it?;)

Fanboi detected.
I think that's the case...

*Miss SixKeys. ;)

That's because it is.:rolleyes:

we all know you are really a man at heart, six keys

Haha ;)

Sorry Ms.Six Keys. I really don't have any idea what I-Like-pie45 is talking about ;) .what He is saying is True after all He is Our Game director so Enjoy the game

Just because the game director said it doesn't mean its true.
After all, he is the game director.:rolleyes:

Hans684
10-03-2015, 06:29 PM
But can Jacob fly?

dread_stone
10-03-2015, 06:44 PM
I think it is bona fide proof that ACS will be, at minimum, the second worst installation in the series.

HDinHB
10-03-2015, 09:30 PM
But can Jacob fly?

Yes.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1285416-Funny-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Bugs-and-Glitches!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=7&v=CWKDAF5EcR0

Hans684
10-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Yes.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1285416-Funny-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Bugs-and-Glitches!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=7&v=CWKDAF5EcR0

A Rook at it's finest.