PDA

View Full Version : The Resurrection of Desmond Miles? (Spoilers)

Sorrosyss
08-05-2015, 07:48 PM
According to those who have played at Gamescom, the Shroud of Eden appears to be part of the plotline.

To quote the AC Wiki;

The Shroud has been used to heal wounds of varying severity, mending injuries ranging from stab wounds to birth defects. It spoke in an almost kind voice that constantly offered healing, and urged its users to disregard their own physical frailty.

Despite the rumors of its abilities to do so, it could not be used to bring a being back to life. However, it could reanimate bodies to a small degree for a short amount of time.

So a random thought went through my head. Could this be what ties into the modern day storyline? William becoming obsessed with finding it, to resurrect Desmond. Would Ubisoft dare go this far? :p

Galina lost her mother and sister fairly recently too, so there is another character with a vested interest in the shroud.

VestigialLlama4
08-05-2015, 07:51 PM
According to those who have played at Gamescom, the Shroud of Eden appears to be part of the plotline.

To quote the AC Wiki;

So a random thought went through my head. Could this be what ties into the modern day storyline? William becoming obsessed with finding it, to resurrect Desmond. Would Ubisoft dare go this far? :p

The only question is if Nolan North is coming back. If he's not then there's no Desmond.

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Personally, I don't want Ubi to even go there. As if having super powers wasn't weird and outlandish enough, let's throw a device in there that brings the deceased back to life. Just no!

Unfortunately, what's done is done. I don't want them to keep dragging on the Desmond saga. I just want them to wipe the slate clean and bring on a new third person MD character (preferably one that has no relation to any of Desmond's ancestors) and let him/her take their place permanently with the MD Assassins. I personally have had enough of "interconnectiveness" and coincidences regarding past characters.

HDinHB
08-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Others have suggested the shroud could be used to resurrect Desmond. I don't think Ubi has any inclination to do that. Even if they did, after Desmond's death, autopsy, and "material extraction," I'm not sure reanimation would be a good thing. It might be kinda gross.

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Depends... I remember they took organs from Desmonds body but i cant remember if they froze the body after for this to be plausible.

Jessigirl2013
08-05-2015, 09:21 PM
The only question is if Nolan North is coming back. If he's not then there's no Desmond.

He's said in interviews he wasn't happy with how the story was handled with him.
He didn't even know his character had died until he was called in to do the voice memos for ACBF.;)
He stated in an interview that if UBI wanted him to reprise his role he would happily do it for fans of the franchise.

I'm hoping they go this route as I've already thought about it myself ;) <--- Nice to see someone else is likemined.;)

Depends... I remember they took organs from Desmonds body but i cant remember if they froze the body after for this to be plausible.
I doubt the technology of the POE would need to consider those factors, It would just work.;) UBI can bend the story if they want to do this storyline.

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 09:29 PM
I doubt the technology of the POE would need to consider those factors, It would just work.;) UBI can bend the story if they want to do this storyline.

Not if he was cremated, which is my point.

Hans684
08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
The Shroud along with the power of the Koh-i-Noor in the hands of Galina could resurrect him, but that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY!!

Jessigirl2013
08-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Not if he was cremated, which is my point.

The writers could always bend the story if they wanted to do this. :rolleyes:

Alphacos007
08-07-2015, 05:51 AM
I really liked Desmond, but I don't have any hopes of having him resurrected, specially because Abstergo took his organs out and all that stuff. To be honest, at this point I'm just hoping that we have a decent modern day at all.

Namikaze_17
08-07-2015, 06:35 AM
Desmond's time has come and passed - he made up his mind and moved on as he would want us to.

Resurrecting him would only undermine that in my opinion.

The_Kiwi_
08-07-2015, 07:00 AM
I'd like the idea of a broken William hunting for a device to bring Desmond back, but actually bringing him back with a device would be really stupid
It would diminish the events of AC3 and it would just start a dangerous precedent

HDinHB
08-07-2015, 07:13 AM
Besides, Desmond isn't dead, so he doesn't need to be resurrected.

It was the Abstergo-created clone of Desmond that died in the Grand Temple. The real Desmond and Lucy are held captive deep in the bowels of Abstergo.

Alphacos007
08-07-2015, 07:17 AM
Let the conspiracy theories begin :rolleyes:

X_xWolverinEx_X
08-07-2015, 07:21 AM

It was the Abstergo-created clone of Desmond that died in the Grand Temple. The real Desmond and Lucy are held captive deep in the bowels of Abstergo.

-_- neck yourself

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2015, 07:40 AM

So that's where all the r34 goodies came from. God bless the Templars.

Going4Quests
08-07-2015, 12:11 PM
So let me bring up two new ideas:

- What if Desmond returns/get revived (early) in the game, where we can choose in modern day as who we play? So Desmond or Galina, like Jacob or Evie in the game.

- What if not only the Assassins are going for the Shroud but also the Templars? Wouldn't it be interesting if they would want to bring Warren Vidic back?

king-hailz
08-07-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't think people understand how good this could be, not resurrecting Desmond but having this in the storyline. If there is a modern day... It would be really cool to play as Galina and the assassins with you trying to find the Shroud of Eden, along the way us seeing the characters deep feeling of what they want it for and actually seeing William get over the death of Desmond... we could see a connection between Galina and William who both have similar goals of trying to resurrect the dead, both feeling guilty for what happened. Maybe we will see Galina actually resurrect her mother or sister and then see William try to resurrect Desmond but fail to do so, which is where we see the deep emotions William was feeling and how he gets over the death... it would also be cool to have these sorts of missions. Galina has to go and infiltrate abstergo to find Desmond's body which could be played out like another black box assassination mission set in abstergo. There are so many possibilities with this. Let's just hope it happens.

Alphacos007
08-07-2015, 02:19 PM
No one said that the porsue shouldn't happen, they just said that Desmond shouldn't be resurrected. I completely agree with you.

Jessigirl2013
08-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Desmond's time has come and passed - he made up his mind and moved on as he would want us to.

Resurrecting him would only undermine that in my opinion.
Even his voice actor Nolan North said in an interview he thought it was handled badly and that ACIII shouldn't have ended like that.;)

I'd like the idea of a broken William hunting for a device to bring Desmond back, but actually bringing him back with a device would be really stupid
It would diminish the events of AC3 and it would just start a dangerous precedent

Dangerous how?
I think many people would like to forget about the events of ACIII.:rolleyes:
I agree about the storyline though, It would be cool if UBI did this idea.;)

Sounds disgusting....

Let the conspiracy theories begin :rolleyes:
They started after ACIII ;) I mean that ending was awful.

So that's where all the r34 goodies came from. God bless the Templars.
huh?

So let me bring up two new ideas:

- What if Desmond returns/get revived (early) in the game, where we can choose in modern day as who we play? So Desmond or Galina, like Jacob or Evie in the game.

- What if not only the Assassins are going for the Shroud but also the Templars? Wouldn't it be interesting if they would want to bring Warren Vidic back?

I don't think we could choose but it would explain why we switch between the two characters in the helix, As this still hasn't been explained why we control both.;)

I don't think people understand how good this could be, not resurrecting Desmond but having this in the storyline. If there is a modern day... It would be really cool to play as Galina and the assassins with you trying to find the Shroud of Eden, along the way us seeing the characters deep feeling of what they want it for and actually seeing William get over the death of Desmond... we could see a connection between Galina and William who both have similar goals of trying to resurrect the dead, both feeling guilty for what happened. Maybe we will see Galina actually resurrect her mother or sister and then see William try to resurrect Desmond but fail to do so, which is where we see the deep emotions William was feeling and how he gets over the death... it would also be cool to have these sorts of missions. Galina has to go and infiltrate abstergo to find Desmond's body which could be played out like another black box assassination mission set in abstergo. There are so many possibilities with this. Let's just hope it happens.
I don't see her ever being in a AC game IMO, shes never been referenced in a main entry and 90% of the casual market doesn't even know who she is.

No one said that the porsue shouldn't happen, they just said that Desmond shouldn't be resurrected. I completely agree with you.
nah..

steveeire
08-07-2015, 09:27 PM

You mean the part of AC3 most people hated?

The_Kiwi_
08-08-2015, 12:33 AM

Yes, that part

ShoryukenMan
08-08-2015, 05:00 AM
The Shroud along with the power of the Koh-i-Noor in the hands of Galina could resurrect him, but that's just a theory. A GAME THEORY!!

But.. but... WHO IS PURPLE GUY?!!

Yes, that part

Huh... My joke didn't work well. Stupid youtube. Anyways...

*In Reaper Voice* "So be it!"

RA503
08-08-2015, 07:28 AM
Good, we will finally will know who is the Father of Understand,(the relation between the shroud,baphomet and The Father is too big to explain,reserch on google and you will find eventually).

Edit : I found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKzFmaTOqxo

Alphacos007
08-08-2015, 08:06 AM
90% of the demo videos on youtube have that scene, considering it's the whole point of the mission in the demo.

RA503
08-08-2015, 08:29 AM
90% of the demo videos on youtube have that scene, considering it's the whole point of the mission in the demo.

Sorry, I a bit off those days and don't know about that...

because is very rare for them reveal something about the pieces of eden before the game's release,this is very unnosual I even fear that this maybe can be a red hearring like Arno's pocketwatch... (I very happy with the shroud I hope is not a RH...)

Jessigirl2013
08-08-2015, 07:19 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one ;)

Good, we will finally will know who is the Father of Understand,(the relation between the shroud,baphomet and The Father is too big to explain,reserch on google and you will find eventually).

Edit : I found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKzFmaTOqxo

Huh? sounds odd?:confused:

Sorry, I a bit off those days and don't know about that...

because is very rare for them reveal something about the pieces of eden before the game's release,this is very unnosual I even fear that this maybe can be a red hearring like Arno's pocketwatch... (I very happy with the shroud I hope is not a RH...)
I know it seems really odd.
It could be to sweeten players up after Unity ;) as many have sworn not to play Syndicate for that reason.
So its used to tempt them in.

I don't think it showed all the gameplay though, as in the cutscene confession at the end. Because it cuts from the person standing to lying on the ground. <---- Could be that important information was cut out.

steveeire
08-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Yes, that part
Well I don't see how it could be diminished any further.

tbf it wouldn't be all that hard to bring him back, they could just say the Willy, Sean, and Rebecca thought he was dead but he was just in a vegetative state and Abstergo let on he was dead so they could use his DNA and someone could use the Shroud to bring him out of that vegetative state.

siavash1380
02-22-2016, 03:07 PM
!- The next franchise will be in Egypt.
2- the only piece of eden related to Egypt is the ankh (you can search about it in Wikias).
3- assassins will look for the ankh.
4- assassins' mentor is William Miles, Desmond's father.
5- Guess what? The ankh can resurrect the dead.
6- Let's not forget about Juno. She will return and the only person who can oppose her is our dead hero.
Now it's up to you...

ERICATHERINE
02-22-2016, 05:24 PM
6- Let's not forget about Juno. She will return and the only person who can oppose her is our dead hero.

Actually, many people think the only person who can oppose Juno is Eve or her female descendant, which many people believe Galina is and some start to think it might be Charlotte de la Cruz. ^-^

dxsxhxcx
02-22-2016, 06:33 PM
!- The next franchise will be in Egypt.
2- the only piece of eden related to Egypt is the ankh (you can search about it in Wikias).
3- assassins will look for the ankh.
4- assassins' mentor is William Miles, Desmond's father.
5- Guess what? The ankh can resurrect the dead.
Now it's up to you...

The Ankh was a Piece of Eden capable of healing the sick, and temporarily resurrecting the dead. It also acted as a recording device, storing the mannerisms of a living person and being able to return those mannerisms to a corpse.

Also, Desmond's body is probably long gone by now and I doubt it can resurrect him out of thin air.

ze_topazio
02-22-2016, 07:30 PM
By now I would be okay with them using the time traveling piece of eden to save Desmond.

cawatrooper9
02-22-2016, 07:51 PM
I think it's kind of silly to argue against Desmond's return by saying that you want the story to move forward.

Consider this: if the MD Assassins set out to collect the Shroud (and maybe also the koh, and some other combination POEs) to resurrect Desmond, it would be the first time we had a major and tangible arc in the story since 2012. I fail to see why that isn't moving the story forward.

Or would you prefer more floating tablets and non-interactive cutscenes? :p

Sorrosyss
02-22-2016, 08:11 PM
Wow, this is an old thread. lol.

It was made in half jest at the time, and I personally don't think they'd go down this route now. Darby confirmed that Desmond was cremated since Black Flag, so whilst his body is gone, we still know his mind is in the Grey.

If we take the belief that Abstergo will be co-opted into creating a new Isu body for Juno, it can't be too much of a stretch to believe the same process could get Desmond back into a body too. Whether that involves a combination of the Shroud and the Ankh, remains to be seen. There is a link to Egypt in all this admittedly, but as with Ancient Egyptian culture there is an underlying theme of rebirth - something the AC franchise is looking to do too.

cawatrooper9
02-22-2016, 08:19 PM
If we take the belief that Abstergo will be co-opted into creating a new Isu body for Juno, it can't be too much of a stretch to believe the same process could get Desmond back into a body too. Whether that involves a combination of the Shroud and the Ankh, remains to be seen. There is a link to Egypt in all this admittedly, but as with Ancient Egyptian culture there is an underlying theme of rebirth - something the AC franchise is looking to do too.

Yeah, I find this to be the most likely course. Bringing Consus back incarnate is pretty cool, but I can't help but feel like that it's not going to go according to plan. My guess is Juno (most likely) or Desmond (less likely, but would be exciting) will hijack the process and join us in the physical world.

dxsxhxcx
02-22-2016, 09:49 PM
I think it's kind of silly to argue against Desmond's return by saying that you want the story to move forward.

Consider this: if the MD Assassins set out to collect the Shroud (and maybe also the koh, and some other combination POEs) to resurrect Desmond, it would be the first time we had a major and tangible arc in the story since 2012. I fail to see why that isn't moving the story forward.

I agree that we need more focus in order to move the story forward, but I think there are far better ways to deal with the current situation without resorting to the corniest of them all (chosen one resurrects and saves the day! Yay! Just consider this as an option makes me cringe).

cawatrooper9
02-22-2016, 10:56 PM
I agree that we need more focus in order to move the story forward, but I think there are far better ways to deal with the current situation without resorting to the corniest of them all (chosen one resurrects and saves the day! Yay! Just consider this as an option makes me cringe).

Well, they've been trying to move forward without Desmond for about 4 years now, and I think we can agree that it's been pretty weak. If they could pull off a strong narrative without Desmond, great- but we don't need to discount him entirely.

Regarding the corniness- well, yeah, I wouldn't want to see the "chosen one resurrect to save the day" either.
That's where these last four years come in. The world has moved on without Desmond. Yes, even AC's MD, in it's paradoxically limited yet overly complex scope, has moved forward just enough to leave him in the dust. If he returns, he won't find the world the same as he left it.

Maybe he'll be at odds with Galina, the new poster child of the Assassins, sparking a rivalry that could shake the Brotherhood to its core.
Maybe he'll have seen Berg's footage of Shay, and be brainwashed/persuaded to hunt down his former brothers.
Maybe he'll come back fractured and insane, to the horror of those who once called him a friend.

He doesn't even need to be the protagonist anymore- but I think he deserves a spot back in the series.

Jessigirl2013
02-23-2016, 03:42 PM

I agree, at this point I don't care if a piece of eden makes him appear out of thin air, The series needs a protagonist!

jellejackhammer
02-23-2016, 10:33 PM
A could sage could work Well as a protag. Having a sage that is a assassin could be a Very intresting dynamic. Imagine that between sequenses when you play the MD with Our sage protagonist we would see visions of juno and vital pieces of info about her. This could show her weakness. The more vissions hè/she has the more info we get On how to use her weakness against juno. It could Also result in having Our protagonist having sour feelings about the end goal because hè/she is still a reincarnation of juno's husband, a conection that for sure would make the protag face a deeply emotional look at his mission. And the fact that he/she has to fullfill that mission in believes to the brotherhood but at the cost of shattering the hope of having juno back in the sage's life would make the MD a emotional and strong story that is very connected with first civ.

ERICATHERINE
02-24-2016, 01:01 AM
A could sage could work Well as a protag. Having a sage that is a assassin could be a Very intresting dynamic. Imagine that between sequenses when you play the MD with Our sage protagonist we would see visions of juno and vital pieces of info about her. This could show her weakness. The more vissions hè/she has the more info we get On how to use her weakness against juno. It could Also result in having Our protagonist having sour feelings about the end goal because hè/she is still a reincarnation of juno's husband, a conection that for sure would make the protag face a deeply emotional look at his mission. And the fact that he/she has to fullfill that mission in believes to the brotherhood but at the cost of shattering the hope of having juno back in the sage's life would make the MD a emotional and strong story that is very connected with first civ.

Well the son of Desmond might be the answer to your wish. ^-^