PDA

View Full Version : Worst Assassin? (spoilers possible)

CyrussNP
08-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Since there have been countless threads and polls based on favorite Assassins and Templars and we all have our own picks (Ezio & Haytham FTW!) I was wondering, who is your pick for worst Assassin in the series? It can be anyone from side characters to protagonists/antagonists.

After thinking about it it I've come to the conclusion that Louis Mills is the worst Assassin in AC history. Not only did this guy NOT stab Haytham in the back when he had the chance (and as all good Assassins would've done), he announced loud and clear to Haytham who he was before Haytham even knew what was going on. Then he followed this incompetence up with the monumentally stupid decision to hand Haytham a sword, which Haytham then used to immediately eviscerate Mills with. Here was the Grand Master of the Templars of the Colonial Rite (with a precursor key mind you) who was about to go on a crusade of Assassin killing in the following years and Mills blew it!

Runner up is Agate. Even though he was the Mentor of the Louisiana Brotherhood (which seemed to only consist of one active Assassin btw) he didn't do anything against the Templars himself and instead made Aveline do all the work. In addition when the Templars stepped up their activities in the area, instead of doing what a Mentor should do (recruiting Assassins and fighting the Templars) he went into hiding and let his paranoia take over. Then when Aveline comes to him with a crucial piece of intel, instead of acting on it he attacks his own student! Then the icing on his failure of a cake is his committing suicide after being defeated by Aveline. Achilles was like Altair compared to this guy!

Who is your pick?

VestigialLlama4
08-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Leaving aside traitors and turncoats (Duncan Walpole, Cross, Cormac and Al Mualim).

Objectively speaking, Abbas Sofian is the single worst Assassin in the entire series. But if we are judging Assassins by level of competence, ability and character.
1. Upton Travers in BLACK FLAG - Drunk, Lazy and Cowardly.

2. Mirabeau - The worst of all the mentors in the series. Unlike Agate he didn't have limited resources. Nor was he reduced to comparable weak straits. Generally just shouted at his subordinates, refused to explain his ideas. I can't blame Bellec for whacking him at all and mostly I just regret it for what it did to Bellec.

3. William Miles - A very weak leader who didn't sniff out Daniel Cross, who also let Lucy turn Templar as a result of his training. Also generally a bad father who drove away the prodigy Assassin out of the fold. Its kind of amazing that William Miles had three amazing charges - Lucy, Clay and Desmond - and all three are dead and worse, while William is still alive ready to lead others to their doom.

4. Arno Dorian - Arno is not what you call a "Team Player". He's a privileged little snot and he doesn't really change. He doesn't really care about anything but himself and his life is entirely shaped by custodians and well-wishers, lacking any real drive and conviction. So he conducts private investigations without any oversight, he is non-ideological to the point of absurdity and generally feels sorry for himself until somebody takes pity on him. He drinks alcohol when he's kicked out of the Assassin Brotherhood, he drinks alcohol at the start of Dead Kings and it takes an annoying brat to cheer him up. His lack of braincells explains his main failing as an Assassin, the inability to "pierce the illusion" and appreciate the context in which events occur, his lack of engagement with his actions and the impact it has, this makes him unable to understand the Templars and the fact that his actions and assassinations don't really hinder his enemies' larger goal. His sublimation for a purely selfish motive. He also lets Napoleon Bonaparte make his march to power under his nose, making him culpable and a dupe.

5. Edward Kenway - This is post-Black Flag Kenway. I feel Edward made a better Pirate than an Assassin. He allowed himself to be finished by a mediocrity like Reginald Birch, too cushy and comfortable in his posh life. He's also a big hypocrite who tried to marry his daughter off in an arranged marriage that she did not want. Then at peak physical condition he gets killed by a bunch of random dudes after all the stuff he did. At least Giovanni Auditore was betrayed and screwed over by a trial, compromised by his civilian identity and believing he had control till the end. That was tragic and acceptable. This is just plain incompetence. Also no contingency on who would take care of Haytham in case he died or any other like considerations.

NondairyGold
08-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Duncan Walpole, not only was he about to betray the entire Brotherhood... he was defeated by a pirate before he could!! He couldn't even get that right, abysmal Assassin allround.

CyrussNP
08-05-2015, 09:07 PM
Agreed! I glossed over the AC Unity Assassins you mentioned since I haven't played it yet. But Edward Kenway was a huge disappointment IMO. How did he manage to be such a spectacular warrior as a pirate and then let himself become such a useless Assassin to be killed by mere mercenaries. Many Assassins have been ambushed before but were able to fight their way out, even when they were older (Ezio & Altair in AC Revelations for instance). There's no excuse for Edward's dying like that. Also, it IS extremely surprising that William Miles continues to be the modern day Mentor. It's no wonder the modern day Templars are doing whatever they want!

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 09:09 PM
5. Edward Kenway - This is post-Black Flag Kenway. I feel Edward made a better Pirate than an Assassin. He allowed himself to be finished by a mediocrity like Reginald Birch, too cushy and comfortable in his posh life. He's also a big hypocrite who tried to marry his daughter off in an arranged marriage that she did not want. Then at peak physical condition he gets killed by a bunch of random dudes after all the stuff he did. At least Giovanni Auditore was betrayed and screwed over by a trial, compromised by his civilian identity and believing he had control till the end. That was tragic and acceptable. This is just plain incompetence. Also no contingency on who would take care of Haytham in case he died or any other like considerations.

I refuse to even believe Forsaken's death for Edward. It's just ****. I can't even imagine Edward getting killed by 2 people in his own home. That's just ridiculous to me. I would think he would have hidden weapons everywhere in that house.

steveeire
08-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Connor - Everything that happens in AC3.

GunnerGalactico
08-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Arno- started off promising, but disappointed me by the end. Even though I understood his POV, he just didn't win me over

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 09:28 PM
Arno- started off promising, but disappointed me by the end. Even though I understood his POV, he just didn't win me over

I think its because in game his relationship with Elise was already established, we didn't see it develop.

At least thats why I didn't give a crap about their relationship.

Namikaze_17
08-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Dobby - She's always the first to die every time I call my recruits to help. :rolleyes:

Kesegowasse - First Native Assassin my ***! Connor all day in that regard.

The Council - Just a bunch of boring traditionalists who literally did nothing.

Yeah, I know the last is more than one but they really are the worst.

VestigialLlama4
08-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Connor - Everything that happens in AC3.

This is about being objective, not about projecting your irrational dislike where it doesn't belong.

As an Assassin, Connor having no money and little resources single-handedly rebuilds the Brotherhood, secures the East Coast of America for Colonial Shipping, establishes contacts with the high command of the future nation, builds a small Homestead that offers outsiders protection, defeats the Templars and later, thanks to his personal intervention, safeguards America as a Republic. The fact that Connor is so successful as an Assassin and a player is what makes it tragic that he doesn't get what he wants and still suffers. He was as brilliant as Altair and Ezio, but they didn't live in a culture that was insecure and in danger of falling away.

Dobby - She's always the first to die every time I call my recruits to help. :rolleyes:

Kesegowasse - First Native Assassin my ***! Connor all day in that regard.

We don't really see or know what the Assassin Council does. Mostly they are just there to insult Arno. Considering that Mirabeau was a poor leader, I'd say its a case of the blind leading the blind.

steveeire
08-05-2015, 10:39 PM
This is about being objective, not about projecting your irrational dislike where it doesn't belong.

As an Assassin, Connor having no money and little resources single-handedly rebuilds the Brotherhood, secures the East Coast of America for Colonial Shipping, establishes contacts with the high command of the future nation, builds a small Homestead that offers outsiders protection, defeats the Templars and later, thanks to his personal intervention, safeguards America as a Republic. The fact that Connor is so successful as an Assassin and a player is what makes it tragic that he doesn't get what he wants and still suffers. He was as brilliant as Altair and Ezio, but they didn't live in a culture that was insecure and in danger of falling away.

He didn't do that in AC3, all he did was fail.

phoenix-force411
08-05-2015, 11:29 PM
I find Connor to be the strongest of both Ezio and Altair. Connor chose to throw away the apple even though he could have kept it for some personal use or curiosity, but he didn't. Altair's life was wasted away by the apple(well most of it), and when Ezio had the chance to throw into the river, he didn't. Only when he was in 50s did he choose to no longer possess another apple, because he wanted to retire.

CyrussNP
08-05-2015, 11:48 PM
I don't consider Connor anywhere near the worst of the Assassins due to the fact that he rebuilt the American Brotherhood which had been reduced to nothing. But he's definitely not my favorite and I don't think he came anywhere near to accomplishing what Altair and Ezio had for the Brotherhood. Altair reinvented the Brotherhood, compiled the Codex and built the Library which housed the Apple of Eden AND Masyaf Keys. Ezio fought against an entire Templar army, liberating Florence, Tuscany, Venice and Rome. Not to mention rebuilding the Assassin Brotherhood, destroyed the Templars when they held the most military and political power (until Present day probably), saved Constantinople AND it was thanks to him that the Brotherhood's influence spread throughout the Mediterranean and beyond (the Colonial Brotherhood exists because Ezio sent Assassins there afterall) and in addition he passed on the Heart of the Brotherhood.

Although both Altair and Ezio used the Apple of Eden, they were not corrupted from it. It allowed Altair to invent weapons that helped the Brotherhood even much further in the future from his time and he used it to craft unbelievably strong armor (that saved Ezio's life no less). He only used it once out of anger (understandably so) and it resulted in his wife dying.

Ezio used the Apple to fight against the Borgias (Rodrigo and Cesare) and to see into the future, allowing him to ascertain when Cesare would escape captivity and where he could be found. He didn't use it beyond that and didn't suffer any adverse effects from it.

I also agree that Edward's death was written terribly. Even if he were drunk when he was attacked, it's hard to believe he died so easily. When he was an Assassin aligned Pirate, he accomplished about as much as any other Master Assassin before and after him- thwarting the Templar's plans throughout the West Indies, killing ALL of the Templars of the West Indies including the Grand Master, and recovering the Piece of Eden for the Assassin Brotherhood. In fact, the West Indies Templars sustained so much damage from Edward that they still hadn't recovered by the time of Assassins Creed 3.

phoenix-force411
08-06-2015, 12:15 AM
I don't consider Connor anywhere near the worst of the Assassins due to the fact that he rebuilt the American Brotherhood which had been reduced to nothing. But he's definitely not my favorite and I don't think he came anywhere near to accomplishing what Altair and Ezio had for the Brotherhood. Altair reinvented the Brotherhood, compiled the Codex and built the Library which housed the Apple of Eden AND Masyaf Keys. Ezio fought against an entire Templar army, liberating Florence, Tuscany, Venice and Rome. Not to mention rebuilding the Assassin Brotherhood, destroyed the Templars when they held the most military and political power (until Present day probably), saved Constantinople AND it was thanks to him that the Brotherhood's influence spread throughout the Mediterranean and beyond (the Colonial Brotherhood exists because Ezio sent Assassins there afterall) and in addition he passed on the Heart of the Brotherhood.

Although both Altair and Ezio used the Apple of Eden, they were not corrupted from it. It allowed Altair to invent weapons that helped the Brotherhood even much further in the future from his time and he used it to craft unbelievably strong armor (that saved Ezio's life no less). He only used it once out of anger (understandably so) and it resulted in his wife dying.

Ezio used the Apple to fight against the Borgias (Rodrigo and Cesare) and to see into the future, allowing him to ascertain when Cesare would escape captivity and where he could be found. He didn't use it beyond that and didn't suffer any adverse effects from it.

It's not about being corrupted by the apple, it's about the temptation of needing to use it. Connor never used it to gain an upper advantage against his enemies. He fought and defeated the Templars without the intervention of TOWCB artifacts. Connor could have kept the apple, but he didn't because it was too dangerous and knowing Connor, it would not fit his personality to keep it since it would go against his character. Connor is the only assassin in the Desmond saga that did not take the life of any innocents in his lifetime unlike Ezio and Altair.

CyrussNP
08-06-2015, 12:22 AM
I see what you're saying but look at the differences in their enemies. Altair and Ezio both fought against Templars who had armies at their disposal. The Templars Connor fought against operated in secret and most of them weren't even fighters. In fact, the only capable Templar warrior Connor fought against was his father Haytham and he nearly got killed except Haytham hesitated to kill his own son. Connor didn't use the Apple of Eden because he had no reason to.

Also I don't recall Ezio killing any innocents.

Sorrosyss
08-06-2015, 12:32 AM
Bartolomeo. He needed a freaking army to kill anything. Useless. :p

CyrussNP
08-06-2015, 12:36 AM
Bartolomeo. He needed a freaking army to kill anything. Useless. :p

Good point! I forgot about Bartolomeo. His wife was more useful than he was! But at least he had huge cajones. Unlike someone like Abbas who was both a coward and unprincipled.

phoenix-force411
08-06-2015, 12:39 AM
I see what you're saying but look at the differences in their enemies. Altair and Ezio both fought against Templars who had armies at their disposal. The Templars Connor fought against operated in secret and most of them weren't even fighters. In fact, the only capable Templar warrior Connor fought against was his father Haytham and he nearly got killed except Haytham hesitated to kill his own son. Connor didn't use the Apple of Eden because he had no reason to.

Also I don't recall Ezio killing any innocents.

When he blew up the gun powder kegs in Cappdocia, he killed a lot of citizens just to smoke out Manuel Palaiologos. Very little gain, if any at all, but at high cost. Ezio didn't give a damn about the consequences in Revelations. That man he meets at the door of the vault in the beginning possibly died when Ezio told him to get out. I thought that was very careless of Ezio. Also, Ezio may have killed Sultan at the end if Sofia was not there to stop him as he drew his sword on the Sultan.

CyrussNP
08-06-2015, 12:52 AM
Ah yes, starting the fire in Cappadocia. Well to be fair to Ezio, all of those people knowingly lived with Byzantine Templar rebels who were planning to overthrow the Ottoman Empire. Had the Sultan's troops been there, they would've massacred every person in there. At least with Ezio a good number of people escaped. (Plus living in a cavernous city with one exit? Come on guys, you kinda had that coming).

Also the guy in the beginning, there's no indication that he was killed because Ezio then proceeds to murder every Templar present at Masyaf (which is why none of them are there when he returns at the end of AC Revelations).

Also attacking the Sultan wouldn't have been a bad thing, he wasn't a good guy at all and had just threatened to murder Ezio if he sees him again (despite the fact that Ezio saved his city and possibly his entire Empire). And in fact he dies not long after that anyway and his son becomes the new Sultan who expands the Ottoman empire to its furthest reaches.

Connor on the other hand spends most of his time arguing and complaining with everyone he meets and is obsessed with killing Charles Lee even AFTER learning that it was George Washington who was responsible for his mother's death. Instead of refocusing and targeting Haytham instead (who was the one giving Charles Lee his orders to begin with) he blindly fixates on taking Charles Lee out who by the end of AC 3 btw is powerless and is actually trying to escape because all of his plans had failed.

But, this isn't a bash Connor thread by me and as I mentioned before I don't think he's anywhere near one of the Worst of the Assassins. He's definitely the strongest physically and that's something to be proud about. He's definitely in my top 5 at least.

Namikaze_17
08-06-2015, 04:48 AM
Instead of refocusing and targeting Haytham instead (who was the one giving Charles Lee his orders to begin with) he blindly fixates on taking Charles Lee out who by the end of AC 3 btw is powerless and is actually trying to escape because all of his plans had failed.

Not to argue with you, but the reason for this was because Connor wanted to establish a treaty with his father, but the latter wasn't keen on it yet as he still wanted Lee to be in charge of the patriots much to son's dismay. So Connor's "obsession" to get rid of Lee was essentially so him and his father could fully make peace without any problems like Lee between them - not necessarily revenge.

VestigialLlama4
08-06-2015, 05:38 AM
He didn't do that in AC3, all he did was fail.

Now you are just being a troll. Since your copy of AC3 is defective, consult YouTube videos of the gameplay or if you have a friend with a PS3/X360 and a copy, play it there. Because until then your one-sentence rants against the game will come across as little more than frothing-at-the-mouth dislike.

Mr.Black24
08-06-2015, 05:47 AM
Now you are just being a troll. Since your copy of AC3 is defective, consult YouTube videos of the gameplay or if you have a friend with a PS3/X360 and a copy, play it there. Because until then your one-sentence rants against the game will come across as little more than frothing-at-the-mouth dislike.
Just ignore him dude. Those types will never learn.

HDinHB
08-06-2015, 06:51 AM
I refuse to even believe Forsaken's death for Edward. It's just ****. I can't even imagine Edward getting killed by 2 people in his own home. That's just ridiculous to me. I would think he would have hidden weapons everywhere in that house.

Yeah, that's just not the way it happened. In Embers, ancient Ezio took out a crew of heavily armed/armored soldiers with a fireplace poker. Middle-aged Edward could have taken out two punks with one thumb. He might have been drugged, poisoned, shot, etc., but this story is just Templar propaganda.

I think its because in game his relationship with Elise was already established, we didn't see it develop.

At least thats why I didn't give a crap about their relationship.

And the bigger problem with that is Elise is pretty much Arno's only motivation; if you don't care about their relationship, it's hard to get invested at all.

Especially that farty guy. Just sitting there farting.

As an Assassin, Connor having no money and little resources

I don't know about you, but Connor in my game was loaded.

Consus_E
08-06-2015, 07:21 AM
http://img03.deviantart.net/450a/i/2015/070/9/2/stephane_chapheau_by_thecavalryman13-d8ld81i.jpg
Stephane Chapheau 1743 - unknown
Chef | Apprentice | Assassin | Lunatic

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2015, 09:57 AM
Connor on the other hand spends most of his time arguing and complaining with everyone he meets and is obsessed with killing Charles Lee even AFTER learning that it was George Washington who was responsible for his mother's death. Instead of refocusing and targeting Haytham instead (who was the one giving Charles Lee his orders to begin with) he blindly fixates on taking Charles Lee out who by the end of AC 3 btw is powerless and is actually trying to escape because all of his plans had failed.

But, this isn't a bash Connor thread by me and as I mentioned before I don't think he's anywhere near one of the Worst of the Assassins. He's definitely the strongest physically and that's something to be proud about. He's definitely in my top 5 at least.

Actually no, Connor did not kill Charles Lee out of revenge. Connor had to kill him to put a stop to the Templar influence. By killing Lee, he saved the people in the colonies and saved his village from an even worse fate. What Washington had done to Connor's village was wrong, but he was forced to put his personal feelings aside and aid Washington because he was lesser of the two evils. If Lee was in charge, the colonies would have been in an even worser state. In the end, Connor learned that change takes time and they don't just happen overnight.

steveeire
08-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Connor set out to protect his people and he failed, he even had to kill his best friend.

VestigialLlama4
08-06-2015, 10:26 AM
Connor set out to protect his people and he failed, he even had to kill his best friend.

One major failure that he largely had no control and influence over doesn't rub away his other great successes. I mean Ezio didn't destroy the Catholic Church and Altair didn't stop the Crusades either.

Altair1789
08-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Abbas and Swami weren't mentioned here once? The French Council was worse than them? Jesus...

I get disliking Connor's personality, but that doesn't mean he wasn't an essential part of the brotherhood. The templars gained a huge lead after there were no assassins left in the colonies, yet Connor (with the help of Achilles) destroyed them. And like Vestigial said above me,

One major failure that he largely had no control and influence over doesn't rub away his other great successes. I mean Ezio didn't destroy the Catholic Church and Altair didn't stop the Crusades either.

steveeire
08-06-2015, 10:33 AM

Ezio wasn't trying to destroy the catholic church, and Altair wasn't trying to stop the Crusades.

Namikaze_17
08-06-2015, 11:01 AM
Abbas and Swami weren't mentioned here once?

You're still sour over getting forced out aren't you? :rolleyes:

VestigialLlama4
08-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Ezio wasn't trying to destroy the catholic church, and Altair wasn't trying to stop the Crusades.

That is news to Altair:
"When I was very young, I was foolish enough to believe that our Creed would bring an end to all these conflicts. If only I had possessed the humility to say to myself, I have seen enough for one life, I've done my part. Then again, there is no greater glory than fighting to find the truth."

Altair definitely wants to end the religious wars and drive people to reason but he doesn't want to do it the way Al Mualim or his Templars were planning to do it. He wanted to to do it the hard way because that's the only way it truly counts. That means disillusionment, regrets and little to show for it.

Ezio is slightly more pragmatic. He takes down the Borgia and replaces them with himself or his Medici friends or his Ottoman pal Prince Suleiman the Magnificent. But in Revelations he says to Claudia at the very beginning that this struggle of killing Templars and replacing them is going to lead to chaos because they keep coming back and never go away and he doesn't know of a way to get past the situation. His solution is to simply throw his hands and shrug his shoulders and be as happy as he can for the time he has left. His bold speech at the Bonfire of the Vanities isn't going to end the superstition, corruption and intolerance of the Catholic Church and spark the Enlightenment several centuries before his time. The fact is the Assassins have awesome abilities and capacities and they do have an impact in history, society and time, but none of them ever really bring the large scale changes they want to see in society and culture.

So judged by that light, Connor isn't in bad company at all. The Homestead is Connor's true achievement, the American Dream where people who are exiled, driven away come to form a community on mutual trade and benefit regardless of race, religion and gender. Its not what America was at the time of the Revolution but what it should have been all along and what it only came close to being since the 60s. But again Connor can't force that into existence.

Hans684
08-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Worst Assassins

1. Al Mualim, enslave the world and creating artificial peace with people being nothing but mindless robots is the worst goal an Assassin has had, being Mentor just makes it worse.

2. The French Brotherhood(plus Mirebeau and Arno), They is anti-revolutionary and right-wing royalists traditionalist supporting and saving "innocent" nobles that let the people starve while they lived their luxury life in expensive palaces and eating as much food as they want. And they supported Napoleon and got him in power, they even saved him after he invaded Egypt and took back the AOE. They are responsible for the Napoleonic Wars.

3. The Colonial Brotherhood and Haitian brotherhood, lead by Achilles and the another by François Mackandal.

Achilles Brotherhood is responsible for destroying a city, terrorizing the Colonies with gangs. They themselves trained and lead those gangs with each group containing an Assassin leading them on land and sea. They wanted to gas the Colonial authorities, that would cause major civilian casualties and chaos. As icing on the cake he also attacked natives. His brotherhood is an army with an Assassin fleet with their own gangs, and their leaders is corrupt.

François Mackandal's Haitian Brotherhood in Saint-Dominique is known for it's violent ways. Mackandal rejected Antó's aid, claiming that his Brotherhood was strong enough, and belittled Antó and his Mentor Ah Tabai, believing both to be weak and prone to compromise. He also warned Antó against sending his Assassins, whether to assist him or oppose him, assuring him that they would die either way and with both the Box and Manuscript he did the same mistake as Achilles. He sent Vendredi, one of his students to a First Civ. Temple in Port-au-Prince and Vendredi indirectly caused a massive earthquake while investigating the site. He also aimed to poison the colonists in Saint-Dominique, just like Achilles wanted to gas the colonial authority in the Colonies. His Haitian Brotherhood was considered a disgrace by Eseosa, Mackandal also used The Creed as a policy of aggression and unrestrained use of power.

4. Old and unwise Ezio(with indirect support by the Turkish Brotherhood). He runs around with bombs in the streets and uses them(civilian casualties), destroys The Great Chain(plus two towers in the process), starts a riot causing the death of innocents and after they broke down the door he does't stop to help any remaining people fighting Janissaries(most trained guards in the game), so they get cut down where they stand. Then by detonating Cappadocia's supply of gunpowder and creating a large explosion that blazed through the stronghold. The results is fire seared through the wooden fortress, choking the entire city with flames and smoke. The people end up in both panic and chaos as they get chocked to death. He is responsible for the slaughter of innocents and destruction. And the Turkish Brotherhood is responsible for not stopping his unneeded killing spree. Then there is his attempt at killing the Sultan and him beating old drunk Duccio for no reason other than being an *******.

5. Agaté, Aveline's Mentor wanted to prevent the execution of François Mackandal, his Mentor despite all the bad things he'd done. And when one another of François students(Baptiste) he teached the Assassin ways wanted to reattempt his failed try at poisoning colonists in Saint-Dominique he suddenly is against it despite being a supporter of François Brotherhood. He also was paranoid and, nearly nothing while treating Aveline like **** when she did everything and when she toke her who the Company Man is he attacks her.

6. Connor, he saved a corrupt nation full of slavers and massacres of natives by helping them(they used him) to rise up against the British. So he took it from revolt to a war that he also ends. The results is that his "allies" and the "free and equal" corrupt country push the natives away and it results in another war. He simply fails and fails again, even his Homestead ended at some point as well. It's the American Nightmare, him fighting the Templars caused all of this pain and misery that could have been avoided. He was doomed before he started.

7. Edward just like Connor saved corrupt nations by stopping the only people that could end it.

8. Abbas Brotherhood didn't fight for the Assassin cause, oppressed and killed people in Masyaf.

9. Hamid, he's a Mentor that abuses his deaf slave. Shouting and punching him for no reason. As far as i'm aware his slave is innocent and not even part of the war against the Templars. A power abuser and an *******, glad Arbaaz Mir saved him. The downside is that he had to pay his Mentor to get him.

Other like Miko for not noticing Haytham climbing in the theatre, Mills for being being stupid(but wouldn't say it was bad since it ended Achilles corrupt brotherhood), Duncan for being being killed by a bloody pirate, young Ezio for being a cheating stalker than sexually assaults his ex and Altaïr in Bloodlines for using the AOE on the mob he could easy ran away from. That should be all, I'll update if it isn't.

The_Kiwi_
08-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Arno

He used the brotherhood as a means to an end
He didn't seem to care about being an assassin at all
He just wanted to stalk that ***** Elise

I-Like-Pie45
08-07-2015, 04:31 PM
John Hinckley Jr.

a smarter assassin would've disabled all the templar's support beforehand prior to moving in for the kill

Altair1789
08-08-2015, 02:16 PM
You're still sour over getting forced out aren't you? :rolleyes:

I mean, come on... Ok, the council was absolutely terrible, and Bellec was the only assassin in ACU, but they at least tried

Worst Assassins

1. Al Mualim, enslave the world and creating artificial peace with people being nothing but mindless robots is the worst goal an Assassin has had, being Mentor just makes it worse.

2. The French Brotherhood(plus Mirebeau and Arno), They is anti-revolutionary and right-wing royalists traditionalist supporting and saving "innocent" nobles that let the people starve while they lived their luxury life in expensive palaces and eating as much food as they want. And they supported Napoleon and got him in power, they even saved him after he invaded Egypt and took back the AOE. They are responsible for the Napoleonic Wars.

3. The Colonial Brotherhood and Haitian brotherhood, lead by Achilles and the another by François Mackandal.

Achilles Brotherhood is responsible for destroying a city, terrorizing the Colonies with gangs. They themselves trained and lead those gangs with each group containing an Assassin leading them on land and sea. They wanted to gas the Colonial authorities, that would cause major civilian casualties and chaos. As icing on the cake he also attacked natives. His brotherhood is an army with an Assassin fleet with their own gangs, and their leaders is corrupt.

François Mackandal's Haitian Brotherhood in Saint-Dominique is known for it's violent ways. Mackandal rejected Antó's aid, claiming that his Brotherhood was strong enough, and belittled Antó and his Mentor Ah Tabai, believing both to be weak and prone to compromise. He also warned Antó against sending his Assassins, whether to assist him or oppose him, assuring him that they would die either way and with both the Box and Manuscript he did the same mistake as Achilles. He sent Vendredi, one of his students to a First Civ. Temple in Port-au-Prince and Vendredi indirectly caused a massive earthquake while investigating the site. He also aimed to poison the colonists in Saint-Dominique, just like Achilles wanted to gas the colonial authority in the Colonies. His Haitian Brotherhood was considered a disgrace by Eseosa, Mackandal also used The Creed as a policy of aggression and unrestrained use of power.

4. Old and unwise Ezio(with indirect support by the Turkish Brotherhood). He runs around with bombs in the streets and uses them(civilian casualties), destroys The Great Chain(plus two towers in the process), starts a riot causing the death of innocents and after they broke down the door he does't stop to help any remaining people fighting Janissaries(most trained guards in the game), so they get cut down where they stand. Then by detonating Cappadocia's supply of gunpowder and creating a large explosion that blazed through the stronghold. The results is fire seared through the wooden fortress, choking the entire city with flames and smoke. The people end up in both panic and chaos as they get chocked to death. He is responsible for the slaughter of innocents and destruction. And the Turkish Brotherhood is responsible for not stopping his unneeded killing spree. Then there is his attempt at killing the Sultan and him beating old drunk Duccio for no reason other than being an *******.

5. Agaté, Aveline's Mentor wanted to prevent the execution of François Mackandal, his Mentor despite all the bad things he'd done. And when one another of François students(Baptiste) he teached the Assassin ways wanted to reattempt his failed try at poisoning colonists in Saint-Dominique he suddenly is against it despite being a supporter of François Brotherhood. He also was paranoid and, nearly nothing while treating Aveline like **** when she did everything and when she toke her who the Company Man is he attacks her.

6. Connor, he saved a corrupt nation full of slavers and massacres of natives by helping them(they used him) to rise up against the British. So he took it from revolt to a war that he also ends. The results is that his "allies" and the "free and equal" corrupt country push the natives away and it results in another war. He simply fails and fails again, even his Homestead ended at some point as well. It's the American Nightmare, him fighting the Templars caused all of this pain and misery that could have been avoided. He was doomed before he started.

7. Edward just like Connor saved corrupt nations by stopping the only people that could end it.

8. Abbas Brotherhood didn't fight for the Assassin cause, oppressed and killed people in Masyaf.

9. Hamid, he's a Mentor that abuses his deaf slave. Shouting and punching him for no reason. As far as i'm aware his slave is innocent and not even part of the war against the Templars. A power abuser and an *******, glad Arbaaz Mir saved him. The downside is that he had to pay his Mentor to get him.

Other like Miko for not noticing Haytham climbing in the theatre, Mills for being being stupid(but wouldn't say it was bad since it ended Achilles corrupt brotherhood), Duncan for being being killed by a bloody pirate, young Ezio for being a cheating stalker than sexually assaults his ex and Altaïr in Bloodlines for using the AOE on the mob he could easy ran away from. That should be all, I'll update if it isn't.

TLDR- 90% of all assassins

Namikaze_17
08-08-2015, 03:34 PM
I mean, come on... Ok, the council was absolutely terrible, and Bellec was the only assassin in ACU, but they at least tried

Yeah, that is true I suppose.

Though my memory is foggy on Revelations though...

Hans684
08-08-2015, 04:12 PM
TLDR- 90% of all assassins

More like 50%

CyrussNP
08-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Worst Assassins

You're obviously a Templar troll.

Hans684
08-11-2015, 05:51 PM
You're obviously a Templar troll.

Stating lore, you viewing it with colored glasses won't change that.

creedalien
08-11-2015, 09:12 PM
ezio (ac2)
because he don't even cared about assassins (like altair or connor,achilles) he only cared about vagin@s... and pitiful revenge.
Ezio (rev)
he is old but magically he turn out from a real man(Ac brotherhood) to a kid again.. and moving fast like a aaa? teen?
who gives **** about the creed, the brotherhood, he only cared about vagin@, Sofia.

Arno... (unity)
do I need to say? the only real assassin and good character was BELLEC but god forbid.... he died by the hand of vagin@ eater arno... ELISSSSSSSSE ELLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE

Edward (ac4)
??? Edward was an assassin????

CyrussNP
08-12-2015, 12:07 AM
You make very little sense and are bad at grammar. It's no wonder you didn't understand the storyline of the AC games.

Stating lore, you viewing it with colored glasses won't change that.

From your point of view perhaps. Nothing you mentioned about Ezio or Edward or Connor makes them the worst Assassin.

Darkicity
08-12-2015, 12:29 AM
I think that we can all agree without any doubt that this honor belongs to Edward. Worst Assassin AND worst AC game ever!!!!!

Shahkulu101
08-12-2015, 12:33 AM
I think that we can all agree without any doubt that this honor belongs to Edward. Worst Assassin AND worst AC game ever!!!!!

I think you'll find that very few people agree with you on this. :confused:

Hans684
08-12-2015, 05:16 AM
You make very little sense and are bad at grammar. It's no wonder you didn't understand the storyline of the AC games.

I'm fully aware of the stories, simply saying things others overlook.

From your point of view perhaps. Nothing you mentioned about Ezio or Edward or Connor makes them the worst Assassin.

True, if you ingnore everything they have done.

Darkicity
08-12-2015, 05:31 AM
I think you'll find that very few people agree with you on this. :confused:

Au contraire my disillusioned colleague. From reading the previous 5 pages of this thread I can verify that I am NOT alone in sharing this anti-Edward sentiment. Although I also see that Arno and Connor aren't getting too much affection here either. While there are more eloquent ways of wording what I'm about to say I feel that it suffices to say that Arno and Connor merit our admiration because they simply got the job done. They were decent Assassins, granted not the most charismatic ones but imagine how old it would get if everyone had the same disposition that Ezio has since so many people just drool over how charming and funny and smooth he was. C'mon........it'd get old if every character was like that. We'll get another Ezio presto.

CyrussNP
08-12-2015, 05:56 AM
I'm sorry I didn't mean you when I mentioned bad grammar. That comment was for that other person.

itsamea-mario
08-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Altar was the worst assassin. he climed so slow and he didnt fight as good as etzio or conner, also all he did was walk around learning stuff then killing like one guy. he didnt even do any cool stuff like blow up a building or fight 100 guys or fight a guy mid air or drive a ship into another ship then jump onto that ship and blow up the ship. his outfit also makes him a bad assassin since it has no big bad *** armour on it and also it is only white and you cant make it like a cool black or gold or red just white wich is boring and not cool like arno. and also he only has one arm knife weras other assassins have 2 which makes them better because then they can do cool kills in fight with two blades. and also altar doesnt have a gun and the other assassins do have guns and guns are better weapons than swords becuase guns can kill people from a distance but swords cant, why doesn't altar just use a gun? its cos hes stupid and not smart like the others, assassins should be clever and use guns and do cool tricks.