PDA

View Full Version : *New* AC Council Site - The Death of Initiates?

NondairyGold
08-05-2015, 03:04 PM
I won't say too much about it, I'll just let you guy's see it for yourselves! But from the looks of it it could be the final nail in the coffin for the initiates site.

https://council.assassinscreed.com/#!/home

dxsxhxcx
08-05-2015, 03:17 PM
It seems to be some sort of website to share content related to AC in a more fancy way, just another waste of time if you ask me..

good were the days when we had the Abstergo website and Project Legacy, unfortunately they were dropped before they could achieve their max potential (especially the former).

SofaJockey
08-05-2015, 03:37 PM
... from the looks of it it could be the final nail in the coffin for the initiates site.

Requiem in pace

bitebug2003
08-05-2015, 03:45 PM
The site is very slow.....

NondairyGold
08-05-2015, 04:08 PM
The site is very slow.....

I thought it was just my old laptop!!

RzaRecta357
08-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Slow and ****ty.

Did they not figure out we just love backstory lore and extra missions in our game that are stupid and easy like jumping on 20 guards? For real? How AWESOME was that? Why the **** they didn't bring that to initiates is beyond me.

I honestly would of logged onto their site EVERY single day to play new drills or missions. I'd literally launch every AC game back to 1 and do the daily missions for that specific game if there was any.

Color me disappoint.

D51-ClaudioACSy
08-05-2015, 05:41 PM
I have only one thing to say. I DON'T LIKE IT.

Alphacos007
08-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Ugh, all I wanted was old Initiates...

ERICATHERINE
08-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Ugh, all I wanted was old Initiates...

This. :(

Sorrosyss
08-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Interesting find! It's... very slow.

Looking at the badge rewards, it seems to be a scheme to incentivise sharing content through social media. Like ugh. I rarely use Twitter or Facebook anymore, so I hope there is not any exclusive content locked behind this. This kind of tired advertisiing program is clever, but I just don't enjoy them.

Honestly, not liking what I see. But can't tell if its a direct Initiates replacement or not. Certainly the share button looks like the Initiates wheel though.

Hmmm. :(

twenty_glyphs
08-05-2015, 08:30 PM
I for one look forward to pouring a lot of time into this new initiative before it's ignored for a year and then unceremoniously dumped. Fool me twice, Ubisoft...

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 08:53 PM
boring.

Jessigirl2013
08-05-2015, 09:01 PM
Who misses the good Initiates site from before BF?
Since then the site has changed for the worse and still refuses to sync any of my AC games.
I don't care IMO Initiates is dead anyway and many people keep losing their data anyway.
All I want is the old style Initiates site back with a decent database, I don't care for the bloatware.:mad:

TheHumanTowel
08-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Thought the title said AC: Council Estate, which is a game I now want.

Hans684
08-05-2015, 09:30 PM
It will be dead soon enough

Shahkulu101
08-05-2015, 11:16 PM

everything is permitted, I swear on me mum m8

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 11:22 PM
everything is permitted, I swear on me mum m8

Remember when we played AC Unity? And you kept saying "me nan wont let me play m8" so you beat up your nan to play with me?

Good times <3

Shahkulu101
08-05-2015, 11:25 PM
Remember when we played AC Unity? And you kept saying "me nan wont let me play m8" so you beat up your nan to play with me?

Good times <3

I remember playing co-op with you, but I do not remember beating up my nan?... :nonchalance:

:p

Jessigirl2013
08-06-2015, 09:08 PM

That comment ;)
I laughed at that for too long:rolleyes:
Would the protagonist be a drug dealer, It would be an interesting storyline;)

Interesting find! It's... very slow.

Looking at the badge rewards, it seems to be a scheme to incentivise sharing content through social media. Like ugh. I rarely use Twitter or Facebook anymore, so I hope there is not any exclusive content locked behind this. This kind of tired advertisiing program is clever, but I just don't enjoy them.

Honestly, not liking what I see. But can't tell if its a direct Initiates replacement or not. Certainly the share button looks like the Initiates wheel though.

Hmmm. :(

Same here, I hate it when games want to link to social media.
It would just spam us.

lothario-da-be
08-06-2015, 09:52 PM
They know we all hate initiates and companion apps, why make more of them? A total waste of time, they can't fix initites so they make a new one, just like the AC games themselves.

Moultonborough
08-07-2015, 02:57 AM
It's a neat little site but just a social sharing platform. Nothing really useful whatsoever. I just want the old Initiates database back. I get why they would slow down the entries due to him being the writer of Syndicate but really Ubisoft could of continued it. :(

The_Kiwi_
08-07-2015, 07:02 AM
It's a stupid website
Discussions should occur being people are interested in them and the topic itself is interesting, not because people want to become a VIP member by posting heaps or whatever
I'm not going anywhere near it

Alphacos007
08-07-2015, 07:11 AM
It's a stupid website
Discussions should occur being people are interested in them and the topic itself is interesting, not because people want to become a VIP member by posting heaps or whatever
I'm not going anywhere near it

So much this.

Fatal-Feit
08-07-2015, 07:29 AM
Why do they keep making website stuff that inevitably fail or shuts down? There's Project Legacy, The Watch, Initiates, Initiates 2.0, and maybe one more I'm forgetting. Please stick to one.

Moultonborough
08-07-2015, 07:32 AM
I don't think it will kill Initiates (though very well could). But after Syndicate hopefully the writer will return to it and become what it once was.

Namikaze_17
08-07-2015, 07:45 AM
What exactly is its purpose? I'm kinda confused on that.

EDIT: It's slow as **** too...

Moultonborough
08-07-2015, 07:49 AM
What exactly is its purpose? I'm kinda confused on that.

Mostly a site to promote the game/series on Social Media. As a small side note I think it is stupid as hell to make a badge based on reporting a spam post. All it does is encourage it.

Namikaze_17
08-07-2015, 07:55 AM
Mostly a site to promote the game/series on Social Media.

Ah.

As a small side note I think it is stupid as hell to make a badge based on reporting a spam post. All it does is encourage it.

Hehehe.

Insan1ty414
08-07-2015, 01:59 PM
It seems Initiates is already dead. All my data disappeared and, on connecting through Unity, I'm told that, 'No Initiates profile linked to this Uplay account'. Initiates used to show all my sync, mp levels etc., although the xp was always wrong. I miss the pre BF site, things to do and loads of info.

rrebe
08-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Mostly a site to promote the game/series on Social Media. As a small side note I think it is stupid as hell to make a badge based on reporting a spam post. All it does is encourage it.

Ah, ok.
I finally had the chance to check out the Council, didn't understand the purpose of the site at all. I saw I got some points from joining in but no idea how to make more. Will probably not make much more though because I don't want to spam my social medias with stuff. I will most likely keep checking the site from time to time anyway.

SixKeys
08-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Why do they keep making website stuff that inevitably fail or shuts down? There's Project Legacy, The Watch, Initiates, Initiates 2.0, and maybe one more I'm forgetting. Please stick to one.

Two more, actually: Abstergo Industries and the Assassin Network. It's kind of amusing at this point.

Farlander1991
08-08-2015, 05:05 PM
The worst part, IMO, is that some of the in-game stuff is tied to those kind of sites.

You already can't get some customization options in ACB due to PL's closing (not to mention AC4 with its absence of community events).

Honestly, I don't mind community events, tie-ins to apps or sites, as long as there's some plan to make them available for players in case support for these things stops.

orionsrise
08-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Come on guys, give it a chance.... wait a minute...... did anyone else get a sense of deja vu right now?
I really don't know what to think. I guess as long as it doesn't interfere with the games themselves it's fine. I don't really see the point or potential right now.

Xstantin
08-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Articles about gear and outfits use the word "iconic" quite often huh :rolleyes:

UbiJustin
08-12-2015, 10:21 PM
I would like to direct your concerns to this new post we published today: Changes incoming for the council! (https://council.assassinscreed.com/#!/article/changes-incoming-council-4013) If the title didn't give it away, there are changes coming to The Council site based on your feedback.

Please continue to share your feedback. We want to make sure every experience is one that you are proud of as a member of this community.

Copy Pasta from the linked article:

On behalf of the entire team working on The Council, we want to thank those of you who have already contributed so much to this site!
We’ve created The Council as a way for the Assassin’s Creed community to quickly and easily share the most relevant news and fan-created content… to function as a part of your social media ecosystem where all of your favorite Assassin’s Creed stuff can be found. We want to create a channel dedicated to fans where we can deliver more detailed and in-depth looks at the Assassin’s Creed series as a whole.

Of course, we can’t do that without listening very closely to your feedback. We’re happy to announce that there are a number of improvements planned for The Council, first and foremost among them will be the addition of an edit/delete option for your posts and comments in the next weeks. In the meantime, our team is doing its very best to solve all the minors anomalies you might have experienced (such as the image loading only after posting your article).

A detailed “Code of the Creed” article clearly explaining the objectives and expected behavior on the site will be soon published. Then we’ll also be working to open up some more direct lines for you to give feedback about features and performance.

Additionally, our moderation teams (which consist of the Community Managers many of you have known for some time, like Escoblades, UbiJustin and Mr_Shade among others) are working to ensure that all of your feedback is collected, compiled and communicated to the site management teams. They also have their work cut out for them cleaning up duplicate posts, which we anticipated, but you can help by doing a quick search just before posting, please.

We want the development of The Council to be a sort of partnership with our players, where you help us identify and prioritize the options and features that are most important to you… and if the past week has been any indication, this is turning out to be a very fruitful operation!

One last thing before I go: If you are going to post someone else’s artwork (whether it’s cosplay, drawn art or video), you must credit the artist. It is very important that our community artists get the recognition they deserve for their hard work and this site cannot succeed without their passion and productivity.

Thanks for helping us build a site for Assassins and by Assassins!
UbiGabe

Feel free to hit me up via Twitter if you have questions or concerns:
www.twitter.com/UbiGabe

nwurm2006
08-12-2015, 11:01 PM
I would like to direct your concerns to this new post we published today: Changes incoming for the council! (https://council.assassinscreed.com/#!/article/changes-incoming-council-4013) If the title didn't give it away, there are changes coming to The Council site based on your feedback.

Please continue to share your feedback. We want to make sure every experience is one that you are proud of as a member of this community.

Copy Pasta from the linked article:

So the concerns about Initiates being shut down just not important to warrant a response?

le_tsarina
08-13-2015, 12:51 AM
It's 2015 and I'm still salty about Project Legacy tbh.

Alphacos007
08-13-2015, 01:31 AM
It's 2015 and I'm still salty about Project Legacy tbh.

This.

Farlander1991
08-13-2015, 08:00 AM
You have to do something with your login system on AC sites, guys.

To this day I can barely ever successfully login to Initiates (99% of the time it gives a connection error when logging in and then kicks out), and Council wants me to register a new Uplay account by default when I try to join (and when I press 'back' on the page and log-in from my actual account, it has a loading bar but nothing happens).

I'm pretty sure I can't be the only one with this kind of problems.