PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Anthology Russian Edition PC has a bonus CD-ROM disc?

edo1080
08-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Looking at this unboxing on youtube it seems the Assassin's Creed Anthology Russian Edition for PC has a bonus CD-ROM not included in other editions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1hv5QDFRLw

Can anyone tell what's in that disc? Can't be unterstood by the russian text on it

Anykeyer
08-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Lost Archive (ACR DLC) on disc. If I remember right usually ACR ottoman edition (disc version of the game with all DLCs) comes with DLC codes for MP DLCs and Ubishop key for Lost Archive. Then you have to redeem this Ubishop key in shop.ubi.com to get an actual DLC key and link to files. Russian publisher/translator said "screw this nonsense" and included Lost Archive on disc with DLC key.

edo1080
08-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Thanks for your reply. Do you own that russian version of the Anthology for PC? Do you know which languages are there in the revelations disc included in that edition?

Anykeyer
08-05-2015, 10:26 AM
I dont. There should be only russian language on disc, with an option to download any other from Uplay.

Mr_Shade
08-05-2015, 10:34 AM
I dont. There should be only russian language on disc, with an option to download any other from Uplay.

This may not be correct..

Versions Sold in the RU and surrounding areas, normally only contain Russian languages - so best to check with the retailer.

Anykeyer
08-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Older and smaller games dont have region specific Uplay IDs.
AC2, ACB, ACR, Liberation and Freedom Cry (standalone) all have only worldwide cdkeys. So regardless of the media and region user will have the same languages options when downloading from Uplay.
AC3, AC4, Unity and Rogue have region specific Uplay IDs and limited languages selection.

edo1080
08-05-2015, 01:16 PM
I would also know if the discs of the Anthology are new versions with DLCs on disk, for example for Brotherhood, ACII and Revelations. If they have Additional contents on disc they may differ from the initial release disc. I had downloaded an iso of ACII time ago with russian Language and it had only the russian installer. But maybe with brotherhood and revelations is different

Anykeyer
08-05-2015, 01:41 PM
PC AC2 and ACB always had DLCs on disc. ACR's only true DLC is Lost Archive. MP characters DLC was in fact on disc and MP maps DLC files are included in free patches (access to those maps is not, you still need a key).

edo1080
08-05-2015, 01:55 PM
PC AC2 and ACB always had DLCs on disc

Really? You mean also the 1st release (such as German black edition for ACII)? Or are you referring only to the editions included in the Anthology?

Thanks for those precious information

Anykeyer
08-05-2015, 02:05 PM
All PC releases ever. There are some unlockables (like templar lairs in AC2) which arent included in all versions. But the files are on disc, you just need a key.

edo1080
08-05-2015, 02:21 PM
Many many thanks for this clarification. I had ever thought there were many different versions, so in fact there's only 1 disc per Language version, and all the files in, some of them are locked. About templar lairs for example, you mean the files are on disc too, but they aren't unlockable in some versions right?

Anykeyer
08-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Yes. on PC media is always the same for all editions on the same language. Also if you get keys you can unlock everything on the same account regardless of the originally purchased/installed/activated edition without installing anything else. Its not true for every game through, only AC2 and ACB (and AC1 bc it simply doesnt have any extras). Other games:
ACR has Lost Archive
AC3 - all 6 (5 from season pass + benedict arnold) DLCs require additional files
AC4 - only Freedom Cry requires additional download (MP packs files were provided through mandatory patches), but this should not be an issue since Uplay automatically handles DLC downloads for AC4 and all games released after it
ACU - only Dead Kings is separate download package, but its always handled automatically
Rogue/Liberation - everything is on disc / in basic download package