PDA

View Full Version : PS4 - gauging interest for any older gamers

Sev_1125
08-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Being an older guy (42, yeesh), it can be somewhat difficult finding a clan (guild?) that I can feel comfortable with. Nothing against you younger folks; I wish I could keep up with y'all in both skill level and available play time, ignoring the divide in age group. So with that being said, am kinda curious as to if there's any others out there on the PS4 platform looking for a clan for The Division?

No clan application or anything dumb like that. If you're cool, stay as long as you like. If you're a jerk, see your own way out the door. All that's really required is to be a fun, enthusiastic, positive team player and be drama free. For whatever it's worth, I've got a solid near 20 years of online gaming experience, from running major guilds/clans to being the ultimate PUG floater. I mostly play from about 9pm to about midnight CST.

So, interested to hear any other thoughts on the subject :cool:

Kodie2ndAccount
08-04-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm 24 and most of my friends are aged 30-45. We usually play somewhat competitively while having fun too.

NIN3Mill3m3T3r
08-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Being an older guy (42, yeesh), it can be somewhat difficult finding a clan (guild?) that I can feel comfortable with. Nothing against you younger folks; I wish I could keep up with y'all in both skill level and available play time, ignoring the divide in age group. So with that being said, am kinda curious as to if there's any others out there on the PS4 platform looking for a clan for The Division?

No clan application or anything dumb like that. If you're cool, stay as long as you like. If you're a jerk, see your own way out the door. All that's really required is to be a fun, enthusiastic, positive team player and be drama free. For whatever it's worth, I've got a solid near 20 years of online gaming experience, from running major guilds/clans to being the ultimate PUG floater. I mostly play from about 9pm to about midnight CST.

Hey I am definitely copping Division. Feel free to add me as friend on psn. I would join you in a clan and in the dark zone when it is time bro. I am in same time zone with you. Peace

DAWN-DaMann22
08-06-2015, 11:21 PM
Roll Tide man. If you're looking for a mature gaming community then PC is where its at. Sure consoles have the larger crowd but on PC I rarely run into screechers or the kind. It will just take a lot searching to find a group of console gamers who share your maturity. If you or anyone else wants to join a great PC gaming community then join Quantum Dawn Gaming at the site in my sig.

OP add me on PSN as I may double dip in The Division for PS4. PSN = DaMann22

Sev_1125
08-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Roll Tide!!

Screechers, heh. That's awesome. I don't know if I would qualify myself as 'mature'. A big kid with adult first world problems LOL. 'Cause I mean, hey, I'm on a game developer website.

I appreciate the offer to check out QDG, but I'm mostly just looking for something small to medium size to help support my The Division habit. Will try to hook up with you on PSN or something. You too, ninemillimeter (it took me far too long to figure THAT one out).

FinalBossGaming
08-08-2015, 06:16 AM
Roll Tide!!

Screechers, heh. That's awesome. I don't know if I would qualify myself as 'mature'. A big kid with adult first world problems LOL. 'Cause I mean, hey, I'm on a game developer website.

I appreciate the offer to check out QDG, but I'm mostly just looking for something small to medium size to help support my The Division habit. Will try to hook up with you on PSN or something. You too, ninemillimeter (it took me far too long to figure THAT one out).

Hey OP, feel free to add me on PSN @ FinalBossGaming I'm around 22 but we've got a great group of guys from all walks of life and playstyles that like to get together and jerk around online. We can be very competitive when necessary but mostly have fun antagonizing the other team ^_^

Tihocan
08-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Aussie of 35 years, gamer of 20, here. DJTihocan if the ping doesn't kill us.

RushEKZ
08-10-2015, 06:49 AM
42 years old also and on PS4. PSN:RusHekz1 Add me I would love to have a group to play with. All my friends my age play the annual COD and I've broadened my horizons over the last several years. :)

Jake_Rowland
08-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Faction 5 is a multi-platform group with a variety a play styles, but a focus on teamwork. Most of our members are north of 30 years old and have the maturity that supposedly brings.

Check us out at Faction 5 (http://faction5.com)

HitMan00
08-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Age 37, been playing since Atari (1st game ET :( ) still trying to figure what the hell I'm suppose to be doing. PSN: HitMan00

Was in a clan call CAB, I think it's still going.

Mon - Thur 6 -10 but on Friday till Sunday it's all hours in the night.

gamersince85
08-20-2015, 03:18 AM
Im with you 1000% I hate to even play online games due to the racist bs that goes on in to have been gaming online since the beginning. I'm not as of yet a next generation owner but will be on PS4 when I do upgrade. look me up (Gamersince85)

ScytheNDice
08-23-2015, 06:43 PM

I am not that far behind you in years and I have been playing games all the way back to the wooden grain paneled Atari 2600. I am looking for a guild/clan as well and play in the same time zone as yourself. Only difference? I will be on a little bit before and play to around the same time.

I already have my game paid for up front and I am looking for people to group up with and hit the ground running on this game. I am not too interested in a clan that is too hardcore or too relaxed as well. Let's face it, most of us want to get something out of the time we invest in playing so success is somewhat important to us all. Hopefully, you starting this thread will lead to something good not only for you but a lot of us in the same situation.

If so, look me up at ScytheNDice (PSN).

Foldenfly
09-22-2015, 09:25 PM

38 (almost 39) and I'm up for it. I'm on the West Coast and typically play from 8p PST/10p CST to 11p/1a on the weekdays, unless the 5 year old or wife kicks me off the TV. Weekends are whenever I can get a free moment. I've run with a few clans on COD/Destiny/Dust514. I tend to be more casual and self deprecating when I'm on and mic'd. I enjoy strategy and using coordinated tactics, and I'm always up for rolling with a squad as long as there's no griefing. Picking on others is not my style.

If you friend me, mention it's in response to my forum post. I get a lot of requests when I play GHOSTS, and I tend to ignore those looking to simply compare KD/R stats.

PSN handle: Foldenfly

digia1hound
09-24-2015, 09:08 PM
I feel the same way, the resent tread with these types of games has been a community type of thing. It seems that you can't get the really good stuff until you find yourself a fire team to chill with. I am down, though I an curious to see how well a one man team can do in darkzones.

Sev_1125
10-05-2015, 05:51 PM
In a 'round about way, I found a pretty good group of dudes at Grim Reaper Gamers (http://grimreapergamers.com/). So, if any of y'all are still in the market, check us/them out

exusarmyranger
10-19-2015, 10:54 PM
I just pre-ordered and will be playing beta. PSN: exusarmyranger