PDA

View Full Version : AC: Unity - What Are Nomad Chests and Why Are They Empty?

Jeremiah12LGeek
08-03-2015, 07:05 PM
I've looked through pages and pages of google search results, and I can't find a single explanation of what they are, or why they are empty. All I can find are complicated instructions on how to open them that obviously are out of date.

I've opened about half of them, and clearly they are all empty. Why are they in the game? What are they?

pacmanate
08-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I've looked through pages and pages of google search results, and I can't find a single explanation of what they are, or why they are empty. All I can find are complicated instructions on how to open them that obviously are out of date.

I've opened about half of them, and clearly they are all empty. Why are they in the game? What are they?

Nomad chests were chests that were tied to AC Unity's companion app. I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it.

SixKeys
08-03-2015, 10:26 PM
They were part of the now defunct companion app. Everything that was inside them was released to the public for free when the app failed, so even though they appear empty, rest assured you have all the content unlocked in your game.

Jessigirl2013
08-03-2015, 10:27 PM

They used to require the companion app to open them.
I don't know why they are empty for you though?;)
What have support said?

Jeremiah12LGeek
08-03-2015, 10:59 PM
They were part of the now defunct companion app. Everything that was inside them was released to the public for free when the app failed, so even though they appear empty, rest assured you have all the content unlocked in your game.

I see. Is there a list of the content, so I can double-check? I don't appear to be acquiring anything by opening them, so was it all unlocked when I started the game? Because the only items that I had unlocked were items from downloaded content, and they unlocked after sequence 3?

Farlander1991
08-03-2015, 11:02 PM
The only thing you can find in Nomad chests is money (around 250-1000 in each, IIRC), they're all supposed to have it. Other companion app bonuses are not acquired by chests.

Jeremiah12LGeek
08-03-2015, 11:19 PM
The only thing you can find in Nomad chests is money (around 250-1000 in each, IIRC), they're all supposed to have it.

Ah, that is different. That isn't happening. I definitely have not received any money from them.

With only half of them left, I doubt reinstalling or anything else is going to restore the lost money. And even if I could somehow correct the bug, I doubt it would be worth what I would have to go through, given that what's left probably doesn't amount to much more than 10 or 15 thousand. I could earn that by just waiting for 20 minutes, which is easier/faster than whatever support would have me do (if it even worked.)

pacmanate
08-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Ah, that is different. That isn't happening. I definitely have not received any money from them.

With only half of them left, I doubt reinstalling or anything else is going to restore the lost money. And even if I could somehow correct the bug, I doubt it would be worth what I would have to go through, given that what's left probably doesn't amount to much more than 10 or 15 thousand. I could earn that by just waiting for 20 minutes, which is easier/faster than whatever support would have me do (if it even worked.)

As I said, its not worth worrying about. Lost money? The game is full of money, you don't really need the little amount the nomad chests give you.

steveeire
08-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Nomad chests are the second worst idea the devs at Ubisoft ever had, the first is Helix points.

Jeremiah12LGeek
08-04-2015, 12:48 AM
As I said, its not worth worrying about.

You don't need to keep telling me to stop worrying about it over and over. I'm not worried, I'm asking questions because a game full of empty chests is confusing. I assume the forum is here for me to ask questions like this.

pacmanate
08-04-2015, 01:28 AM
You don't need to keep telling me to stop worrying about it over and over. I'm not worried, I'm asking questions because a game full of empty chests is confusing. I assume the forum is here for me to ask questions like this.

You wrote an entire paragraph about restoring lost money...

HDinHB
08-04-2015, 01:59 AM
http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/320279/file-798736819-jpg/images/what-me-worry-2.jpg

There were a handful of excruciatingly inconsequential "side-missions" unlocked by some of the nomad chests. I don't know if those just show up in the game already unlocked or not. If not, you aren't missing anything. (If you get a "mission" that basically says walk across the street and stab someone, those are the kind I'm talking about.)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1013224-Patch-5-Release-Notes

Made Initiate and companion app exclusive content accessible to all players

Jeremiah12LGeek
08-04-2015, 05:49 AM
You wrote an entire paragraph about restoring lost money...

I honestly have no idea what that has to do with anything.

The paragraph was actually about how I didn't really care about restoring the lost money, because I was mostly just curious about what was supposed to be in the chests.

Is there any particular reason you have an issue with me discussing the Nomad chests?

Jeremiah12LGeek
08-04-2015, 05:54 AM
http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/320279/file-798736819-jpg/images/what-me-worry-2.jpg

There were a handful of excruciatingly inconsequential "side-missions" unlocked by some of the nomad chests. I don't know if those just show up in the game already unlocked or not. If not, you aren't missing anything. (If you get a "mission" that basically says walk across the street and stab someone, those are the kind I'm talking about.)

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1013224-Patch-5-Release-Notes

There are quite a few missions like that, which are probably the ones you are talking about. I don't think I'd have any way of knowing which ones were originally unlocked by the app, since they all seem to use the same symbol. I did a few, but... as you allude, they did seem kind of pointless, so I haven't bothered with them unless I happen to notice one as I'm walking past.

Farlander1991
08-04-2015, 07:43 AM
There are quite a few missions like that, which are probably the ones you are talking about. I don't think I'd have any way of knowing which ones were originally unlocked by the app, since they all seem to use the same symbol. I did a few, but... as you allude, they did seem kind of pointless, so I haven't bothered with them unless I happen to notice one as I'm walking past.

All app missions have a light blue assassin icon, all original ACU missions have a dark blue icon (and the dark blue Assassin icon is Paris stories).

SixKeys
08-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Nomad chests are the second worst idea the devs at Ubisoft ever had, the first is Helix points.

Nah, the companion app and nomad chests were worse. Helix points can easily be ignored and the game never prompts you to buy them, but the chests are cluttering the map and there's not even anything useful in them.

Sushiglutton
08-04-2015, 04:12 PM
They are there to remind us of one of the worst abuses on the AC franchise ever. They give every AC fan nightmares and feelings of disgust. Never again!

jk :pOr am I :eek:

Jeremiah12LGeek
08-06-2015, 01:57 PM
So out of the blue, after running off to do Dead Kings, I came back to Paris and suddenly the Nomad chests were dispensing 750 f each. *shrug* Unity works in mysterious ways.

All app missions have a light blue assassin icon, all original ACU missions have a dark blue icon (and the dark blue Assassin icon is Paris stories).

That makes sense. They're even called "Companion Missions," and I always wondered what they meant by "companion." They meant "Companion App."