PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Gamescom

SixKeys
08-03-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm heading out to Germany tomorrow to attend Gamescom as part of the Ubi Star Players program. I don't know what exactly we'll get to see there, but if there is a new demo or if we get a chance to talk to any developers, are there any questions you guys have about ACS? Anything I should try out or pay special attention to when playing the demo (if it's not the same one as E3)?

Jessigirl2013
08-03-2015, 04:46 PM
I'm heading out to Germany tomorrow to attend Gamescom as part of the Ubi Star Players program. I don't know what exactly we'll get to see there, but if there is a new demo or if we get a chance to talk to any developers, are there any questions you guys have about ACS? Anything I should try out or pay special attention to when playing the demo (if it's not the same one as E3)?

Word on the street is that there will be some Evie Frye gameplay ;)

I would see whether the level of crowd density is high like Unity. <---- The bare streets in the current demos look awful ;)
It would also be interesting to see how the NPC's react as well, as in Unity they were (and still are!) a glitchy mess, ;)no clipping though the wall and the like;) and popin
Also the pop-in in the current demos also look awful, would also be interesting if that still the case, and worrying ;)

Also congrats on being a ubi star player;)
I never really understood how people become one? :confused:

Sushiglutton
08-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Star Player, Congrats :cool:!

1) Can you disable the contour around enemies and objects?
2) Does it have map customization like FarCry 4? (Can you disable each icontype individually and will this affect the mini-map as well).
3) If you get to play as Evie would be interesting to hear your thought on the difference (obvious one I guess).
4) Can you really quickfire gadgets that you have not currently selected, like in Arkham where each gadget has a dedicated input (the Gamespot article was a bit unclear on this, but I suspect no).
5) If it's possible it would be interesting to hear your estimate of the density/quality of the side stuff.

Jessigirl2013
08-03-2015, 05:03 PM

2) Does it have map customization like FarCry 4? (Can you disable each icontype individually and will this affect the mini-map as well).
3) If you get to play as Evie would be interesting to hear your thought on the difference (obvious one I guess).
4) Can you really quickfire gadgets that you have not currently selected, like in Arkham where each gadget has a dedicated input (the Gamespot article was a bit unclear on this, but I suspect no).
5) If it's possible it would be interesting to hear your estimate of the density/quality of the side stuff.
I second this ;)

SixKeys
08-03-2015, 05:11 PM

1) In the E3 demo there was no main menu where gameplay options could be changed, stuff like that is probably too much work to include in demos. I'll take a look though.

4) Not sure what you mean by this. You mean like how in PC games you have quickslots?

dimbismp
08-03-2015, 05:33 PM
That's great Sixkeys!We would really appreciate if you will post your impressions afterwards(if there is indeed a playable demo,which is really likely IMO.In fact,there were rumors a few months back that there is going to be some Evie gameplay).Anyway,i am really curious about any potential combat improvements...

ze_topazio
08-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Lucky you people who live fairly close to where everything cool happens. :)

Ask them if the entire city of London will be a available or only a part of it like it looks like, I don't remember if that has been confirmed yet.

m4r-k7
08-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Has the combat become less stupid looking?

Any changes to graphics / how good is frame rate?

Any changes to ambient music? - this was a bit weird at E3

How does Evie Frye differ to Jacob?

Is parkour smooth?

Thanks alot, have fun! :D

Namikaze_17
08-03-2015, 06:41 PM
Congrats, I hope you have fun. :)

I got nothing to ask for now, but Fatal wants to know if the rope launcher can also be used in combat like for a finisher?

Oh, and Golden wants to know if there'll be any steampunk nods? :rolleyes:

BUMCFKSZY
08-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Will Queen Anne's Square present in the game?
Will any of the previous characters be mentioned?
Will Will, Shaun and Rebecca return?

Sorrosyss
08-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Grats Sixkeys! Hope you have a great time. :D

I'd be curious to read your impressions on the demo versus what you played in E3, if you feel things have improved much etc. Always value your views on things.

As others have said, it's supposedly an Evie demo this time, so keeping that theme I have a few questions for the devs;

Does Evie only have 25% of the story missions as the early leak suggests?
Can they confirm if Evie has her own legacy outfits? (I so desperately want a Shao Jun outfit to fool around with.)
Is Galina in the game? (Doubt they'll answer but hey)

Finally, would really be interested to hear if the combat animations have been adjusted since E3.

steveeire
08-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Sneak away and get yourself some German beer ;)

Sushiglutton
08-03-2015, 07:25 PM
1) In the E3 demo there was no main menu where gameplay options could be changed, stuff like that is probably too much work to include in demos. I'll take a look though.

Ah that makes sense. Only if it's convenient!

4) Not sure what you mean by this. You mean like how in PC games you have quickslots?

In the Arkham games all gadgets have a dedicated input (perhaps this is only true with a pad?). So that for example the batclaw is LT+Y and the expolisve gel is LT+X (Arkham City). This means all gadgets are always at your fingertips. In AC on the other hand you have only been able to quickfire the currently selected gadget. Now the Gamespot article mentioned something about Syndicate taking inspiration from the Arkham games in this regard. I was curious to hear if this was true or not.

However this is not that important :)

GunnerGalactico
08-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Damn! Everybody asked the very same things that I wanted to. I'm curious to know anything and everything regarding Evie.

Just have an awesome time. :)

RVSage
08-03-2015, 07:44 PM
I'm heading out to Germany tomorrow to attend Gamescom as part of the Ubi Star Players program.

Great enjoy :D.... btw just curious .. what is the criteria for a star player.. May be next time around I will try hard to qualify ;)

And All I want to know is about Evie :D .... Maybe some modern day info could be nice too

pacmanate
08-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Can you see if Evie has any different tools specific for her?

Also this is kinda obvious, but apparently she has her own animations and moveset, I would like to know if it feels too different from Jacob. By this I mean would it be easy to swap between the 2 whilst free roaming and not be put off by how they maneuver themselves?

SixKeys
08-03-2015, 09:44 PM
Great enjoy :D.... btw just curious .. what is the criteria for a star player.. May be next time around I will try hard to qualify ;)

And All I want to know is about Evie :D .... Maybe some modern day info could be nice too

There's no "criteria" as such. As far as I can tell, you just get lucky. I mean, my only qualifications are b****ing on these forums all day long. ;) Some people are fan artists or cosplayers, or they run blogs, YouTube channels and fansites dedicated to Ubi games. Some people are just active members in the community and give a lot of feedback and interact with other fans, like M and me. Keep in mind we've both been active in the fandom for at least 5 years. :p

I highly doubt they will reveal anything about modern day. They've always been tight-lipped about it up until release with every game.

Jessigirl2013
08-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Will Queen Anne's Square present in the game?
Will any of the previous characters be mentioned?
Will Will, Shaun and Rebecca return?

They have already confirmed there will be old and new characters. ;)

There's no "criteria" as such. As far as I can tell, you just get lucky. I mean, my only qualifications are b****ing on these forums all day long. ;) Some people are fan artists or cosplayers, or they run blogs, YouTube channels and fansites dedicated to Ubi games. Some people are just active members in the community and give a lot of feedback and interact with other fans, like M and me. Keep in mind we've both been active in the fandom for at least 5 years. :p

I highly doubt they will reveal anything about modern day. They've always been tight-lipped about it up until release with every game.
I agree,
unfortunately ;)
Lets hope its because its WAY better than Unity with a fullly fledged third person protagonist ;)

We can hope ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-04-2015, 01:08 AM
Thats awesome, Six!

Man, I wish I was going because that would have been an awesome birthday gift for me

August 6th = My birthday :P

LieutenantRex
08-04-2015, 01:29 AM

What modern day?

Have fun SexyKeys, and be sure to tell them to make their next protag over six feet!

Mr_Shade
08-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Have fun ;)

And remember - grab all the swag ;)

pacmanate
08-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Have fun ;)

And remember - grab all the swag ;)

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/246935/resized_all-the-things-meme-generator-loot-all-the-things-27423a.jpg

Shahkulu101
08-04-2015, 02:07 PM
If you see Victoria Atkin give her my number.

Going4Quests
08-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Will there be also Assassin's Creed livestreams? Is there anything we can see? I'm clueless about ubisoft at Gamescom atm. All I know is the Microsoft stream coming up in 15 minutes.

dxsxhxcx
08-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Will we have a proper (3rd person) Modern Day protagonist like Desmond or Mr. Flying Tablet will make a return?

SixKeys
08-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Guys, they're not gonna talk about modern day, I can already tell you that. No point in asking. :p

Well, my connecting flight to Cologne was cancelled, so I've been stuck at Munich airport for the past several hours, and will still be for a few more. If the next plane gets cancelled, I'll take it as a sign from above and go back to Finland.

egriffin09
08-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Is Ubi going to have a press conference or just demos for people who attend gamescom?

Sushiglutton
08-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Guys, they're not gonna talk about modern day, I can already tell you that. No point in asking. :p

Well, my connecting flight to Cologne was cancelled, so I've been stuck at Munich airport for the past several hours, and will still be for a few more. If the next plane gets cancelled, I'll take it as a sign from above and go back to Finland.

Text Yves and I'm sure he'll send his jet.

Going4Quests
08-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Hm no Assassin's Creed at Xbox show, where will AC Syndicate be? :s

pacmanate
08-04-2015, 06:55 PM
Hm no Assassin's Creed at Xbox show, where will AC Syndicate be? :s

Nowhere, Sony aren't at Gamescom this year, they will be at the Paris Games Show instead. We will probably get the Evie gameplay from Gamescom on the 11th August

RVSage
08-04-2015, 09:51 PM
On Second thoughts

I would love to know more about the following

1. PC version of the game.. how much later it is going to be released.. Have they finalized the launch for PC
2. What are additional stuff we can see in PC version w.r.t to graphics, dx 12 support e.t.c...

And convey to devs that I am really sad it is not releasing the same day as the console version :(.. But I hope it is within 2-3 weeks of console version release

ze_topazio
08-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Ask them if they have plans for more Chronicles games after Russia.

Going4Quests
08-04-2015, 10:18 PM
God please no. I like all AC games, but Chronicle is so meh. I'll have to force myself through them for the story.

Alphacos007
08-05-2015, 05:24 PM
Hey SixKeys, sorry for beeing so late, I've been away for a while. Will you be there for the whole Gamescom or just one specific day? I'll be there too :rolleyes:

Sushiglutton
08-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Hopefully the fact that SK hasn't reported back to this thread means she made it :)!

RVSage
08-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Hopefully the fact that SK hasn't reported back to this thread means she made it :)!

Yea hoping the same :)

pacmanate
08-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Or she's blackout drunk with Justin!

SixKeys
08-06-2015, 01:24 AM
Sup, guys? I finally made it to Cologne around 8:30 PM on Tuesday. That's about 8 hours later than was the original plan, but at least I made it to dinner.

I've played the Evie demo twice now - well, 1.5 times, actually. I got so into doing a pure stealth run that I ran out of time, but the second time I managed to finish the mission.

I'll post my first impressions about the demo in a jiffy (I'll probably play it again tomorrow), but I wanted to get this up for you guys first: we partook in a Q&A session with senior producer Jeff Skalski about Syndicate. RinoTheBouncer and myself pretty much dominated the discussion with our constant questions. :P Topics covered include: modern day, Shroud of Eden, Evie Frye, ambient music, possibility of HD remake of AC1, historicity of the Templar targets and probably more that I'm forgetting. He kind of dodged some of the questions IMO, but it is what it is. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI7WSDTT960&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Forgot to mention, I didn't get the interview right from the beginning, sorry about that. Basically Rino's first question was about the Shroud of Eden appearing in the game (it's mentioned in the demo) but the producer couldn't really talk about it yet.

Mr.Black24
08-06-2015, 01:38 AM
Sup, guys? I finally made it to Cologne around 8:30 PM on Tuesday. That's about 8 hours later than was the original plan, but at least I made it to dinner.

I've played the Evie demo twice now - well, 1.5 times, actually. I got so into doing a pure stealth run that I ran out of time, but the second time I managed to finish the mission.

I'll post my first impressions about the demo in a jiffy (I'll probably play it again tomorrow), but I wanted to get this up for you guys first: we partook in a Q&A session with senior producer Jeff Skalski about Syndicate. RinoTheBouncer and myself pretty much dominated the discussion with our constant questions. :P Topics covered include: modern day, Shroud of Eden, Evie Frye, ambient music, possibility of HD remake of AC1, historicity of the Templar targets and probably more that I'm forgetting. He kind of dodged some of the questions IMO, but it is what it is. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI7WSDTT960&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Forgot to mention, I didn't get the interview right from the beginning, sorry about that. Basically Rino's first question was about the Shroud of Eden appearing in the game (it's mentioned in the demo) but the producer couldn't really talk about it yet.
Yes, yes, I like all of this.

Although if the Shroud of Eden is already mentioned to partake in the game, why ask more about it and spoil any surprises for the game's lore? Wouldn't that ruin it or something?

Oh and push Bloodlines with the HD remake of AC1! I mean why have Altair in HD in AC1 and Revelations when we can't see the big guy in action as Mentor during this game. Its kind of the middle chapter of Altair's life. Not to mention that no one had any idea that Bloodlines is a thing, and shows a lot of cool things, namely like Altair's humorous adventures with Maria. *I find their constant bickering humorous if you ask me*

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 01:50 AM
Oh jeez vertical videos D:

God damn i love Rino's shoes.

LieutenantRex
08-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Geeze, these guys are manlets. No wonder all of our Assassins have been short - Ubisoft's devs have been projecting their inferiority on inpartial characters.

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 02:01 AM
"Nothing to say on Jack the Ripper but stay tuned"

Seeing as no one knows who Jack the Ripper is. Maybe the Templars frame Jacob to be this evil bad boi.

Wow this guy really ******** the percentage split question. "Well, uh, its really up 2 u?"

Well, that wasnt the question. We know we can free roam with Evie, we want to know the main mission split. This just further confirms my fear of her having a low percentage of main missions. Why do they keep avoiding the question? Cause it has a **** answer.

Kinda bummed out about Justin mentioning that you are an active forum member with nearly 10,000 posts... I have nearly 17,000 but will probably never get the opportunity to be a "Star player" because I'm critical.

SixKeys
08-06-2015, 03:06 AM
Okay, Evie demo first impressions/thoughts/details:

-In the mission you're going after a female templar (Lucy something) whose gang has taken over the Tower of London, I believe. The Shroud of Eden gets mentioned a few times.

-Right off the bat have to mention two things that made me super excited: at the end of the demo Evie has a white room conversation with her target (I think they may have edited it to avoid spoilers because it was really simplistic and kind of lame, literally "Tell me where the Shroud is! -No!" *dies*). The first thing I noticed was that when Lucy speaks to Evie, her "spirit" is standing up and glitching out, even though her body is lying on the ground. It's exactly like the white room convos in AC1 and I thought it was a nice nod. THEN, Evie crouches down and wipes Lucy's blood into a piece of cloth, just like how Altair used to dip a feather in his victims' blood. I was stoked to see two such blatant references to AC1. :D

-Sushi asked earlier if you can disable contours around characters/objects and hide elements of the HUD. As I suspected, the demo has no menu with gameplay options so I couldn't test this.

-Regarding quickfire of tools: if you have for example throwing knives or gun selected, you can press triangle in a fight and Evie will fire the selected tool. There are some nice finishing moves and double counters, similar to AC3.

-If you're in stealth mode and sit still for a while, Evie will turn invisible. I'm a bit torn on this. On the one hand it's a bit immersion-breaking, too game-y. On the other, it's helpful because you always know if you're invisible to enemies. For example if you're sitting still on a high ledge and fire at an enemy, as long as Evie is invisible, you know you're not in danger of being detected. If she turns visible again, it means some guard may be honing in on your position.

-The mission structure was a lot like Unity's: open approach, but you have options to create special opportunities. In this case you could free a few guards who had been taken hostage and they would agree to help you, and/or you could steal a key from the keyholder and it would unlock all the locked doors in the area.

-Optional objectives confirmed again: "kill less than 5 of the Queen's guards". I told UbiJustin that nobody likes OO's but he didn't believe me.

-I still find the cover system finicky. It is contextual and this time I got it to work more often than at E3, but IMO it's too easy to accidentally poke your head out too far or think you're in cover when you're not. They need clearer animations for this.

-Boats actually sway from side to side when you jump on them and Evie tries to balance like she's afraid to fall off. Thought that was a nice detail.

-There's a new type of bomb. Don't know what it's called in English as the menus were all in German, but it's basically an electric bomb that shocks guards caught in its range. It was pretty fun to use, actually. Not too OP as one bomb only removed about half their health.

-It's nice to have throwing knives back again. I like that they can be use to distract guards or get their attention. One target was walking close to a destroyable object, but not close enough. So I threw a knife on the ground to lure him a few steps closer, then use another one to cut the rope and crushed the guard under some barrels.

-I didn't test this myself, but ShadowMarkuz (from Access the Animus) said it's still possible to hide guards in hiding doors.

-The guards' line of sight has definitely been nerfed from Unity. Sometimes it was kind of ridiculous how blind they were.

-Too much crap on screen at the same time. Eagle vision not only highlights guards and targets but also turns on icons that display their rank (I assume - each normal guard had a number 6 floating above their head though it could be a placeholder) or mission type (if they're a special target). Evie has a hula hoop around her when she's in stealth, and sometimes a bunch of moving bars show up on that hoop which I think represent how loud she's being. It's very game-y and distracting and I hope we can disable it.

-There are ammo caches all over the place like in Rogue.

-Ran into a few glitches like guards getting stuck in a loop after detecting a body. I was almost at the end of the mission, had killed all the guards on one side of the room and was thinking about my next move when I heard a guard saying something like "there's something strange going on here". I turned around and he was literally right next to me, with a dead body lying two feet away and he still wasn't suspicious of me.

-The demo area was small so no room for freeroaming bwyond the mission area.

-If you go beyond the Animus walls, it now says "Warning: You are entering an unstable area" instead of just "Area not available". A small detail but sounds more Animus-like which is what I'd expect from exploring glitchy menories.

-Treasure chests will sometimes yield new customization items.

-Parkour is still annoyingly imprecise, similar to Unity. Many times I got stuck on ledges, unable to jump forward even if it was a small distance, and when Evie did make the leap, she would launch herself way out to the side instead of forward.

-Animations still look kind of stiff to me, including the way Evie runs.

-Overall, I must say I enjoyed this demo a lot more than the E3 one. Evie's design is awesome and she's much better suited to my stealthy playstyle than Jacob. I was never impressed with crashing carts with Jacob GTA-style, but playing this mission immediately felt comfortable and what I'd expect from AC. Just good old-fashioned stealthing around a building, taking guards out one by one, using different tools, planning your approach etc. Like I said before, I got so immersed that I lost track of time and had to quit halfway through the mission on my first go. Keep on mind I was out of my element playing with a PS4 controller when I'm used to mouse + keyboard, bit even with the added challenge of struggling with the controls I was really into it.

That's all I can remember for now. Hopefully I'll still have time for a few more runs tomorrow before leaving. Will report back if I find anything interesting.

SixKeys
08-06-2015, 03:09 AM
Kinda bummed out about Justin mentioning that you are an active forum member with nearly 10,000 posts... I have nearly 17,000 but will probably never get the opportunity to be a "Star player" because I'm critical.

Implying that I'm not? I'm not exactly known for kissing Ubi's *** either, you know.

LieutenantRex
08-06-2015, 03:13 AM
Implying that I'm not? I'm not exactly known for kissing Ubi's *** either, you know.

Indeed; you're licking it.

Edit: I wish you were doing that to me :P

SixKeys
08-06-2015, 03:21 AM
Indeed; you're licking it.

Only when Lord Yves is around.

RVSage
08-06-2015, 03:45 AM
Great to hear from you SixKeys...

1. Do the combat animations feel better now???

2. Again requesting yo to bug them on PC version details :P

And one more question? The invisibility activates when in stealth mode and still right?

SixKeys
08-06-2015, 03:55 AM
And one more question? The invisibility activates when in stealth mode and still right?

Yes. Though I'm not entirely sure if the invisibility, once activated, stays on until you commit a high-profile action. I'll have to check.

Namikaze_17
08-06-2015, 03:58 AM
Great analysis, Six. :)

Alphacos007
08-06-2015, 08:53 AM
Great observations, I'm really liking what I see about this game on gamescom. I wasn't even a bit hyped about it, but now I'm getting cautiously hyped.

-Optional objectives confirmed again: "kill less than 5 of the Queen's guards". I told UbiJustin that nobody likes OO's but he didn't believe me.
That's not entirely true, some people just dislike the objectives beeing completely unrelated to the mission, like for example make a Leap of Faith higher than 100m. Killing less than 5 Queen guards is actually decent, considering the mission is stealth and technically you're supposed to kill only the disguised templar guards.

pacmanate
08-06-2015, 11:44 AM

I know :p but im the worst.

SixKeys
08-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Bad news: turns out the VIP fast passes were only valid yesterday, even though we were told we could still use them today. So I won't be able to play the demo again as I'm not in the mood to stand in line for 3 hours with all the peasants. ;)

@ RVSage: The combat did feel better to me this time but TBH I wasn't paying close attention to the animations as I was too busy not getting killed (damn controller controls). It could be that Evie just looks better than Jacob when you're fighting with her. ;) It's still fast and I doubt she has her own unique fighting style, probably the same as Jacob, so don't expect much of a difference.

Regarding PC version, I didn't get a chance to ask them yesterday. There is another Q&A today but it's an hour before I have to leave to the airport, so I'm not sure I will be able to attend. If I do, I'll attempt to get some info.

@ Alphacos: The problem with OO's isn't just that they need to be mission-related. A lot of people dislike them because it forces them to play a certain way when AC is supposed to be all about freedom. You say this was a stealth mission, but that's only if you choose to make it so. It should also be entirely possible to rush in and kill everyone. That's always been the principle of AC, freedom of approach. Imposing arbitrary restrictions for full sync forces players to play the game the way someone else dictates. They need to replace full sync requirements with extra objectives if they want to incentivize player participation: don't tell players they failed to do something because they chose a different approach. Instead reward those who went the extra mile by giving in-game cash or XP for completing extra objectives.

Going4Quests
08-06-2015, 12:32 PM
"-Optional objectives confirmed again: "kill less than 5 of the Queen's guards". I told UbiJustin that nobody likes OO's but he didn't believe me. "

I like the optional objectives very much. Let me teach you also something else: *most* people who enjoy their game are just playing the game without being on forums or anything. It is mostly when people have problems with anything, they go see to forums. (besides like now, searching new info on upcoming games ;) ).

Sorrosyss
08-06-2015, 12:47 PM
Nice report Sixkeys, am glad to hear you are happier with this build of the game. Sucks about not getting in again today though.

I like what you are saying about Evie's gameplay, as that is very much my playstyle as well. I'm glad they have nerfed the detection range of the guards though, I really struggled with doing any meaningful stealth in Unity - so I very much welcome this.

As for optional objectives, I kinda like em. I usually just play the mission my way, and they always feel like the extra difficulty to go back to for the 100%. I still prefer that to an outright difficulty option, as that would affect the free roam as well - which I like to fool around in sometimes. ;)

Anyhoo, sounding good!

Going4Quests
08-06-2015, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=Sorrosyss;10957316]As for optional objectives, I kinda like em. I usually just play the mission my way, and they always feel like the extra difficulty to go back to for the 100%. I still prefer that to an outright difficulty option, as that would affect the free roam as well - which I like to fool around in sometimes. ;)QUOTE]
Totally!

shamanio
08-06-2015, 03:25 PM
First of all!

Big thanks for the good report SixKeys, Great job.

Pls tell:

Okay, Evie demo first impressions/thoughts/details:
-In the mission you're going after a female templar (Lucy something) whose gang has taken over the Tower of London, I believe. The Shroud of Eden gets mentioned a few times.
Does main target has wierd GIGANTIC tamplair RED CROSS over white on his clothes?) And pls ask a dev, if you have an apportunity, did they think its a little wierd?)))

-If you're in stealth mode and sit still for a while, Evie will turn invisible. I'm a bit torn on this. On the one hand it's a bit immersion-breaking, too game-y. On the other, it's helpful because you always know if you're invisible to enemies. For example if you're sitting still on a high ledge and fire at an enemy, as long as Evie is invisible, you know you're not in danger of being detected. If she turns visible again, it means some guard may be honing in on your position.
Pls tell more specific when and how invisiable end's when guard is up close(range, what reaction of a guard and etc)? And what will be if, let's say Evie will stand in a center of a street(no objects around) - it will works?

-There's a new type of bomb. Don't know what it's called in English as the menus were all in German, but it's basically an electric bomb that shocks guards caught in its range. It was pretty fun to use, actually. Not too OP as one bomb only removed about half their health.
Did that bomb make a damage to Evie if you used it by quickfire? And again if devs are around why it's not make a damage to her?

Again realy thanks for the reports.

Sushiglutton
08-06-2015, 04:27 PM
Excellent report SK! Have never ever got anywhere near as good reports for any previous AC. Thanks for checking on the contours, it's a cliffhanger. So the cover system doesn't work, detection is broken, the AI buggy and parkour "annoyingly imprecise". In other words it sounds like another entry in the Assassin's Creed saga.... *sigh*. Good to hear about the mission structure though.

I know :p but im the worst.

I'm not gonna give up the position as the forum's whiniest member without a fight :mad:!

RVSage
08-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Bad news: turns out the VIP fast passes were only valid yesterday, even though we were told we could still use them today. So I won't be able to play the demo again as I'm not in the mood to stand in line for 3 hours with all the peasants. ;)

@ RVSage: The combat did feel better to me this time but TBH I wasn't paying close attention to the animations as I was too busy not getting killed (damn controller controls). It could be that Evie just looks better than Jacob when you're fighting with her. ;) It's still fast and I doubt she has her own unique fighting style, probably the same as Jacob, so don't expect much of a difference.

Regarding PC version, I didn't get a chance to ask them yesterday. There is another Q&A today but it's an hour before I have to leave to the airport, so I'm not sure I will be able to attend. If I do, I'll attempt to get some info.

Thanks for the info.. :)

SixKeys
08-06-2015, 06:02 PM
First of all!

Big thanks for the good report SixKeys, Great job.

Pls tell:

Does main target has wierd GIGANTIC tamplair RED CROSS over white on his clothes?) And pls ask a dev, if you have an apportunity, did they think its a little wierd?)))

Not just the main target: there's a generic enemy archetype who wear top hats and white shoulder capes with the red Templar symbol on them (like in the trailers). So they're everywhere and really obvious. :P I don't know if there's an in-game reason for it.

Pls tell more specific when and how invisiable end's when guard is up close(range, what reaction of a guard and etc)? And what will be if, let's say Evie will stand in a center of a street(no objects around) - it will works?

You stay invisible unless you draw attention to yourself, like if you bump into a guard or if you break into a run or if you kill a guard from a spot where you can be detected by another. If you've already been detected, you can't return to invisible until the guards lose interest. I'm not sure about standing in the middle of the street.

Did that bomb make a damage to Evie if you used it by quickfire? And again if devs are around why it's not make a damage to her?

Didn't try this.

Excellent report SK! Have never ever got anywhere near as good reports for any previous AC. Thanks for checking on the contours, it's a cliffhanger. So the cover system doesn't work, detection is broken, the AI buggy and parkour "annoyingly imprecise". In other words it sounds like another entry in the Assassin's Creed saga.... *sigh*. Good to hear about the mission structure though.

Cover system works, it's just less "snappy" than in Unity. I preferred having a dedicated button for it. It works more or less like AC3's corner cover, but that game kind of zoomed in and Connor went into a shifty pose that clearly signalled you were in cover. In Syndicate Evie/Jacob will maybe place their hand on the wall, but not always, and if they're crouching, their animations are shifty anyway.

AI can still be tweaked, I'm sure. I'm most worried about the parkour since it's exactly like Unity: unrealistically long leaps, accidentally climbing chimneys, getting stuck, no side-jumping etc. In Unity it was still forgivable, but this is the second current-gen title. Parkour really should be smooth and non-frustrating by now.

I missed the final Q&A, was busy buying some swag in another hall. ;) Aside from the problems on the first day, I had a great time. Now I'm on my way home. See you guys on the other side.

Oh yeah, another quick thing I remembered: special targets (keyholders etc.) now have to be identified by pressing R3. Then you get a quick render of the target in the white room and a little explanation telling you more about them. Like "the Queen's guards are loyal and can help you fight the enemies" blah blah. Reminded me a bit of AC2's target videos.

The royal guard - you know, the serious ones guarding Buckingham palace - need a well-aimed headshot to eliminate. If your aim is off, you'll need a second shot. Thought this was pretty funny as it essentially meant I was shooting them in their big, furry hats and that's what saved them.

Farlander1991
08-06-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure about standing in the middle of the street.

There's a gameplay video that was released, it works in the middle of open ground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEV6GLqSoK4

GunnerGalactico
08-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Good feedback SixKeys!

So far so good, Evie sounds really awesome. I'm also really thrilled about the Altair reference. It also look as though that Ubi are staying a little closer to their roots in this title ie: optional objectives, white room speeches, throwing knives, dual counters, obtaining keys from keyholders etc.

ze_topazio
08-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Do you know if monocles will be available?

SixKeys
08-07-2015, 04:19 PM
BTW, guess what I picked up on the last day. ;)

https://www.gamerabilia.co.uk/image/cache/data/products/assassins-creed/assassins-creed-altair-the-legendary-assassin-statue-28cm-2-640x640.jpg

Megas_Doux
08-07-2015, 04:25 PM

https://www.gamerabilia.co.uk/image/cache/data/products/assassins-creed/assassins-creed-altair-the-legendary-assassin-statue-28cm-2-640x640.jpg

The best of them all!

BananaBlighter
08-07-2015, 06:21 PM

Now that IS awesome!

BananaBlighter
08-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the report SixKeys. The game certainly looks better and I'm glad it's going back to its roots, bringing back a lot of old things that I sorely missed from previous titles. However, in a way I expected more due to my optimism. I was convinced that they hadn't shoehorned in Evie after the Unity controversy but the more I see the more I feel that maybe she was. It wasn't very clear in any of the videos, but are the combat animations different? It feels like this chameleon ability and knife master ability are very lazy ways of making Jacob and Evie different. Since I probably won't be using the chameleon ability much due to it seeming overpowered, there isn't really any gameplay difference between them. I wonder what Jacob's unique abilities are. I'm hoping for some sort of taunt that causes multiple enemies to attack at once allowing you to do a multi counter.

SixKeys
08-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the report SixKeys. The game certainly looks better and I'm glad it's going back to its roots, bringing back a lot of old things that I sorely missed from previous titles. However, in a way I expected more due to my optimism. I was convinced that they hadn't shoehorned in Evie after the Unity controversy but the more I see the more I feel that maybe she was. It wasn't very clear in any of the videos, but are the combat animations different? It feels like this chameleon ability and knife master ability are very lazy ways of making Jacob and Evie different. Since I probably won't be using the chameleon ability much due to it seeming overpowered, there isn't really any gameplay difference between them. I wonder what Jacob's unique abilities are. I'm hoping for some sort of taunt that causes multiple enemies to attack at once allowing you to do a multi counter.

It didn't feel like the combat animations were any different for Evie and Jacob. Even their climbing is the same (directly from Arno). The only difference I could see was their walking/running animations.

The chameleon ability is pretty much unavoidable, it's part of Evie's stealth mechanics. In order to not use you need to never stand still in one place, which is unlikely to happen. Unless it's possible to simply ignore upgrading her skill tree.

Sushiglutton
08-07-2015, 08:27 PM
That's the best AC statue I've seen, very cool!

Did you get to play any other games like Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, just to take a random example :rolleyes:

HDinHB
08-07-2015, 08:59 PM

Note to Ubi Devs: This is the definition of "iconic."

It also look as though that Ubi are staying a little closer to their roots in this title ie: optional objectives, ...

Not sure optional objectives are part of the roots, but I agree they should be buried underground.

Alphacos007
08-08-2015, 07:52 AM
I don't know, that Altair statue seems a little bit different from the one I have. Is it gamescom special or something? :confused:

Mr_Shade
08-08-2015, 03:58 PM
I don't know, that Altair statue seems a little bit different from the one I have. Is it gamescom special or something? :confused:

They are hand finished - so some differences in paint may happen - but what's different from yours?

The core figure should be the same as the one freely available via retail stores for the past few years or so - think they are getting hard to find now - and prices are creeping up though?

SixKeys
08-08-2015, 04:08 PM
That's the best AC statue I've seen, very cool!

Did you get to play any other games like Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, just to take a random example :rolleyes:

'Fraid not. We had fast passes for all Ubi games on Wednesday but everything else you had to stand in line for. I've done the "wait for 2,5 hours in a sweaty queue for 5 minutes of gameplay" once before and once was enough. :P And on Thursday the crowds were even more insane.

Mr_Shade
08-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Glad you have a great time though ;)

Alphacos007
08-08-2015, 04:29 PM
They are hand finished - so some differences in paint may happen - but what's different from yours?

The core figure should be the same as the one freely available via retail stores for the past few years or so - think they are getting hard to find now - and prices are creeping up though?

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. I just look at mine here, and the one on this picture, and it seems slightly different, looks more vivid I think. Must be a difference from the painting, as you said.

Jessigirl2013
08-08-2015, 06:55 PM

Yeah I agree, I don't doubt she was in Syndicate from the start.
But I do significantly doubt she was supposed to be a playable character!
and IMO it shows....

Farlander1991
08-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah I agree, I don't doubt she was in Syndicate from the start.
But I do significantly doubt she was supposed to be a playable character!
and IMO it shows....

If you're referring to the Unity debacle, this theoretically could've been the case... IF Syndicate's release date would've been next year. As it stands, though, production realities would prevent this from being a response action.

A more likely explanation is that she was supposed to be a playable character from the start (or very early stages at least) but with the ratio in terms of main missions in favor of Jacob just in case they wouldn't be able to make her a proper playable character in time (and it would be easier to restructure the story/missions and make her an NPC).