PDA

View Full Version : Control scheme for PC?

Mr_Moonstone
08-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Hey hey,

I've been wondering how a proper control scheme for the PC port without a controller would look like. Especially for the art of battle.
Maybe a mouse 'click and wipe' ???

RADTrooper
08-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Yeah, PC control has given me some thought as well. I think the easiest non-controller way would be the mouse swipe. Maybe key-bound to the middle mouse button which leaves the left and right mouse button for light and heavy strikes. I can't think of any other good way to do it. Arrow keys would be horrible.

Mr_Moonstone
08-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Hmmm.... Maybe use the middle mouse button for lock-ons an left for light and right for heavy attacks. After lock-on just wipe...
But I in my head it would still not be as fast and intuitive as the controller based scheme.

premiumart
08-02-2015, 12:12 PM
It will probably similar to mount & blade or chivalry controlls. Somehow using mouse motion.

Shuai8297
08-03-2015, 07:03 PM
http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-200069-16/for-honor-the-art-of-battle
Based on this I'd guess:
W - forward
S - backward
A - left
D - right
Shift (Hold) - sprint
Spacebar (Hold) - guard mode
LMB - light attack
RMB - heavy attack
Mouse (directional movement) - camera rotation, weapon stance (in guard mode)
Q - dodge, execution move 1
E - guardbreak, execution move 2
Feat 1 - 1
Feat 2 - 2
Feat 3 - 3
Feat 4 - 4
Ev. Interact - F
Emote/Gesture - wild guess but G for gesture?

Though I'm not quite sure about the dodge keybind since, depending on game mechanics, it's direction might be based on your current direction of movement, in which case it'd be more appropriate to have it be controlled by either the pinky or thumb. Personally I hope they base the dodge direction on your weapon stance (left/top/right), since you wouldn't want to dodge forwards in combat anyways.

And in case somebody asks, there doesn't seem to be a jump feature in this game which means spacebar is free for guard mode.

Mr_Moonstone
08-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Looks good.
The only thing I would want to switch are the bindings for lock-on and dodge movement. It's hard to control your movement direction and perform quicksteps with the same finger. So space would be more appropriate. You could just hammer with your thumb on it.
As an alternative maybe you could implement a memory for the direction you last moved in so if you press E you dodge in that direction.

For the change of stance I was wondering which would be better: a 'spot' you would have to move in 'target areas' like version with the controller stick (good control, pointing time needed) or a detection of your general mouse movement. So if you move the mouse right you go into right stance and so forth (good speed but can get hectic).

Btw I hope the guard mode/lock-on has a toggle function. I wouldn't want to hold it down all the time while dueling.

Greets