PDA

View Full Version : Point system

PapaG39
01-20-2004, 12:23 PM
I just can't keep it in any longer...lol...
The more I play IL2FB the more I like it...However, This point system just bugs the hell out of me.

Points are fine in football, basketball, hockey etc etc, but in a world war ll Flying Game, they are meaningless and out of place...

When I drop a torpedo toward a ship..whether or not I get killed by flak after the drop, I want to know... "Did I dammage/sink the ship?"

I want to know:
1) Did I dammage or shoot down any aircraft & how many of each.
2) Did I destroy any ground targets?
It doesn't matter if I get killed in the mission, I still want to know if I hit/dammaged/shot down/destroyed anything...

Points in IL2FB are totally worthless to me. They tell me nothing.

this is a flying game & I want to know what I did destroy, if anything...lol...

PapaG39
01-20-2004, 12:23 PM
I just can't keep it in any longer...lol...
The more I play IL2FB the more I like it...However, This point system just bugs the hell out of me.

Points are fine in football, basketball, hockey etc etc, but in a world war ll Flying Game, they are meaningless and out of place...

When I drop a torpedo toward a ship..whether or not I get killed by flak after the drop, I want to know... "Did I dammage/sink the ship?"

I want to know:
1) Did I dammage or shoot down any aircraft & how many of each.
2) Did I destroy any ground targets?
It doesn't matter if I get killed in the mission, I still want to know if I hit/dammaged/shot down/destroyed anything...

Points in IL2FB are totally worthless to me. They tell me nothing.

this is a flying game & I want to know what I did destroy, if anything...lol...

MachineII
01-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Yup...the point system is something that has needed to be addressed for a while now.

XyZspineZyX
01-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Points and information are two different subjects.

I agree with you on the arbitrary points system. This should be editable online, so that one can create "balanced" or "biased" point systems for different situations. I do like how you get far fewer points for any success if you don't RTB...but it'd be nice to be able to make a 1944 plane worth twice as much as a 1942 plane on a server with a "war-wide" flyable set.

Or, it'd be nice to be able to create a "realistic" 1945 scenario, with the Germans badly outnumbered...but set the point structure such that a German who manages to actually get a kill and survive at 1-4 odds gets rewarded much more than a Allied pilot who, with 5 buddies to cover him, gets to "cherry pick" jets who are taking off and landing in his P-51 or La-7.

As for knowing your results...you get a lot more info out of FB than the real pilots had. As far as the ship goes...the only way to know is to do a flyby and survey the damage yourself. It's at your risk, with AAA usually being thick around ships...but that's how it was. You can go home and claim a ship "damaged or probably destroyed", but that's no substitute for personally seeing it slip beneath the waves.