PDA

View Full Version : Is Unity working properly yet?

Zerin24
08-01-2015, 01:22 AM
I am currently playing through black flag then will be playing through Rogue. I will then move onto unity but not sure if it's working properly yet. Can anyone confirm if it is yet? I'm on PC.

DSD27
08-01-2015, 01:57 AM
I've been playing it for 3 weeks and had no problemas whatsoever. Already completed the story 100% and did all coop missions

Zerin24
08-01-2015, 02:38 AM
Okay thank you.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Some people don't have problems, A lot of the major bugs have gone.

However for me Arno still gets stuck in objects while roaming Paris which forces a restart of the game. <--- When this happens every 5mins if gets annoying
Also he still has a fetish for falling through floors at times.

Mr_Shade
08-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Some people don't have problems, A lot of the major bugs have gone.

However for me Arno still gets stuck in objects while roaming Paris which forces a restart of the game. <--- When this happens every 5mins if gets annoying
Also he still has a fetish for falling through floors at times.

Well that's very very odd - since those things where patch in one of the first patches...

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 12:33 PM
I know.. I bought the game in March as well :confused:
So I expected to have no issues with it, really odd;)

Mr_Shade
08-01-2015, 01:03 PM

Yeap it is odd - since most people agree the game is better after the updates - and those issues where fixed..

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 01:24 PM
I know :confused: guess I'm special ;)

Its the first time I've ever had issues with a AC game ;)
I'm looking forward to Syndicate because it will be like Unity but without all the problems I keep getting ;) <------ That, and it should have a good MD story.;)

Leo_2301
08-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Well, the game worked perfectly fine for me since launch... the game only crashed 2 or 3 times since launch and that too, over an hour of playtime. I did not experience any graphical issues other than the draw distance.

Anykeyer
08-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Well, the game worked perfectly fine for me since launch...

Exactly. This question is stupid bc it implies Unity didnt work properly from the start. It did, provided you met recomended specs and had no problems with your PC hardware/software stability.
The only trully faulty features were online: Initiates, companion sync, club competitions/unlocks, etc.

Jessigirl2013
08-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Exactly. This question is stupid bc it implies Unity didnt work properly from the start. It did, provided you met recomended specs and had no problems with your PC hardware/software stability.
The only trully faulty features were online: Initiates, companion sync, club competitions/unlocks, etc.

Arno getting stuck in the air, in haystacks, and just for no reason, was not because of PCs not meeting hardware requirements.;)

The majority of Unitys problems are fixed, sure the NPCs are still glitchy at times and no clip through walls like ****.
But the most of the game breaking bugs are gone.

Arno still gets stuck on objects on my save file, but no one else is experiencing that issue so it shows is not a widespread issue.;)

Anykeyer
08-18-2015, 01:49 PM
I never got stuck anywhere in Unity and I got 100% sync in it while 1.1 (day 1 patch) was still the latest patch. Ofc Unity has awfull climbing controls (by far worst in the series), you cant side jump from walls, you are often not allowed to back eject or even drop down (if that dumb game thinks you will receive damage) and overall movements arent as fluid as in other games. So if you're stuck on a wall its probably working as intended (LOL) and isnt a bug.

launcelotdulac
08-19-2015, 01:02 PM

I never got stuck anywhere in Unity and I got 100% sync in it while 1.1 (day 1 patch) was still the latest patch.

Let me quote a couple of things from Ubisoft's live update blog. From the preview of Patch 3:

The list of specific fixes is not yet final, but the categories that we’re focusing on include:

Gameplay: this includes bugs like Arno getting stuck on certain areas of the map (including a few more hay carts), problems with getting into/out of cover, character animation bugs, and general camera problems

AI & Crowd: in this category are problems with NPC animations, crowd events, and crowd stations, NPC navigation issues, as well as bugs related to NPCs detecting Arno’s activities in various situations

General Stability: this includes fixes for a number of crash situations we've identified in both campaign and co-op modes.

and from Patch 3 release announcement:

Fixed save game corruption in some cases

You should have just emailed the developers and said, guys, don't waste your time doing that, it all works fine on my machine. Also if you mention that what they're doing is stupid, it makes your argument more convincing.

Jessigirl2013
08-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Let me quote a couple of things from Ubisoft's live update blog. From the preview of Patch 3:

You should have just emailed the developers and said, guys, don't waste your time doing that, it all works fine on my machine. Also if you mention that what they're doing is stupid, it makes your argument more convincing.
Haha:cool:

YazX_
08-19-2015, 08:36 PM
mmmm this is escalating quickly, guys please be civil and no need for personal attacks and flaming, otherwise i will have to close this thread. thx

VoldR
08-19-2015, 10:24 PM

Is ur game patched? What I learn after finishing AC3 again, I was playing the non patches version prior to 1.03...

It only patches when I run it by DVD or launching it in the explorer by the activation "assassin creed 3.exe" instead of "single player ac3.exe"...
When I launch the game by u play it didn't patch up automatically

But based on the patch list I didn't faced any of the said problems... Except I saw Connor has his back faced at people twice throughput the gameplay :)

I know mine is patched because I had mine installed on launch and I won't play unity until I see it patching, lol
Don't remember how I did it though.

Manage to finish the game with no problems, just difficulty problems with coop games, since I'm playing it solo :(

strigoi1958
08-20-2015, 03:03 AM
I enjoyed Unity immensely... nothing game breaking for me.. trivial things like npc's attached to trees or hair moving unusually and an occasion when I stuck mid air .. nothing to rant about... although some people complained as though they were being tortured even though they were quickly fixed

I assume that not everyone will have a perfect gameplay because of the vast array of pc components and internet problems... but the game does work properly for the majority.... I'm sorry it hasn't run ok for you Jessigirl2013... as a fellow rural England villager ;) we could have co-oped together...

Anykeyer
08-20-2015, 09:16 AM
LOL, I never said its perfect, no game is. But I know for a fact, even 1.1 had no more bugs than your average game.
You know, there are multiple holes in MP maps of ACB-AC4, and Ubi never tried to fix them. They were found bc a lot of players played the same small maps over and over again, sometimes specifically trying to find bugs in order to exploit them. If there are so many holes in MP then sure there is much more in larger SP locations.

Jessigirl2013
08-22-2015, 11:48 PM
mmmm this is escalating quickly, guys please be civil and no need for personal attacks and flaming, otherwise i will have to close this thread. thx
Huh?

Is ur game patched? What I learn after finishing AC3 again, I was playing the non patches version prior to 1.03...

It only patches when I run it by DVD or launching it in the explorer by the activation "assassin creed 3.exe" instead of "single player ac3.exe"...
When I launch the game by u play it didn't patch up automatically

But based on the patch list I didn't faced any of the said problems... Except I saw Connor has his back faced at people twice throughput the gameplay :)

I know mine is patched because I had mine installed on launch and I won't play unity until I see it patching, lol
Don't remember how I did it though.

Manage to finish the game with no problems, just difficulty problems with coop games, since I'm playing it solo :(
Uplay showed it installing patches, so I'm assuming it is.

I enjoyed Unity immensely... nothing game breaking for me.. trivial things like npc's attached to trees or hair moving unusually and an occasion when I stuck mid air .. nothing to rant about... although some people complained as though they were being tortured even though they were quickly fixed

I assume that not everyone will have a perfect gameplay because of the vast array of pc components and internet problems... but the game does work properly for the majority.... I'm sorry it hasn't run ok for you Jessigirl2013... as a fellow rural England villager ;) we could have co-oped together...
Haha ;) Its a risk of being a PC gamer.
In all fairness Unity was the first time I had a glitches in a AC game.;)
Im looking forward to Syndicate mostly so I can just play a functioning game. ;)

LOL, I never said its perfect, no game is. But I know for a fact, even 1.1 had no more bugs than your average game.
You know, there are multiple holes in MP maps of ACB-AC4, and Ubi never tried to fix them. They were found bc a lot of players played the same small maps over and over again, sometimes specifically trying to find bugs in order to exploit them. If there are so many holes in MP then sure there is much more in larger SP locations.
Yeah.. and Syndicates map is bigger.. Yikes.
But I doubt UBI would release another game in the same state as Unity. ;)

Even if it means UBI....
Delaying it.:eek: