PDA

View Full Version : YOU..yes YOU..get your *** in here and share your opinion!



XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 12:47 AM
Thx!

I am so tired of every gawd damn server having the same old original maps in rotation,about 95% of all servers are exactly the same except for NAME and PING.

Server admins are screaming for players on their servers and cant understand why noone is joining THEIR server...
Well here is the answere: because your server is exactly like the rest of the damn servers..well maybe a bit different because you have prision map before presidio.. duuuuh.

WTF is up with this? i see talented mappers working their *** off to get some VERY good custom maps out there..do people playe them? HELL NO... why? because we have the original maps and they are soooo fun and i will never get bored of them.. uhuh not me..

I love custom maps and i hate when server admins are so afraid to add custom maps in rotation because they are scared that players are to lazy to download new maps in order to join,so they just picks another server instead.

Well since YOUR gawd damn server(that is costing you money)just stands there empty why dont you try and do something different with it?? what do u have to loose??

Here are some ideas that i think server admins should take a serious thought about.

1.Custom maps server ONLY.

2.Servers with themes: one week is only snow maps..next week is only jungle..another week is only urban maps.

3.Have a different game mode from map to map.

4.Have story maps(with some imagination): first map in order is...lets say a bank map because(pretend) that an orginasation have robbed a bank and next map will maybe be the airport or a subway because the robbers got away from the bank and are trying to leave the country..third map could be a mansion/underground facility where they managed to escape to... etc etc.


5.Go into your server ini files and change UNIFORMS to be suitable from map to map.

6.Have combat training maps ONLY.

7.Have one giant map only in rotation only with several game modes.

etc etc.. try and do something DIFFERENT with YOUR EMPTY server.

I am trying to setup a dedicated server(still some problems with router and bandwidth) but it aint going to well.and actually i dont think i need one..i could just borrow one from all the admins that have their servers standing empty...


Plz ppl..add your voice in here so that SERVER admins understand that ppl want to play custom maps.

Poll: could you consider any of the above ideas to be good on your favourite server/any damn server.




http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/ ( <a href=)" target=_blank>http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/</a>" target=_blank>http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/</a>

http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

Message Edited on 07/05/0312:10AM by MP5professional

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 12:47 AM
Thx!

I am so tired of every gawd damn server having the same old original maps in rotation,about 95% of all servers are exactly the same except for NAME and PING.

Server admins are screaming for players on their servers and cant understand why noone is joining THEIR server...
Well here is the answere: because your server is exactly like the rest of the damn servers..well maybe a bit different because you have prision map before presidio.. duuuuh.

WTF is up with this? i see talented mappers working their *** off to get some VERY good custom maps out there..do people playe them? HELL NO... why? because we have the original maps and they are soooo fun and i will never get bored of them.. uhuh not me..

I love custom maps and i hate when server admins are so afraid to add custom maps in rotation because they are scared that players are to lazy to download new maps in order to join,so they just picks another server instead.

Well since YOUR gawd damn server(that is costing you money)just stands there empty why dont you try and do something different with it?? what do u have to loose??

Here are some ideas that i think server admins should take a serious thought about.

1.Custom maps server ONLY.

2.Servers with themes: one week is only snow maps..next week is only jungle..another week is only urban maps.

3.Have a different game mode from map to map.

4.Have story maps(with some imagination): first map in order is...lets say a bank map because(pretend) that an orginasation have robbed a bank and next map will maybe be the airport or a subway because the robbers got away from the bank and are trying to leave the country..third map could be a mansion/underground facility where they managed to escape to... etc etc.


5.Go into your server ini files and change UNIFORMS to be suitable from map to map.

6.Have combat training maps ONLY.

7.Have one giant map only in rotation only with several game modes.

etc etc.. try and do something DIFFERENT with YOUR EMPTY server.

I am trying to setup a dedicated server(still some problems with router and bandwidth) but it aint going to well.and actually i dont think i need one..i could just borrow one from all the admins that have their servers standing empty...


Plz ppl..add your voice in here so that SERVER admins understand that ppl want to play custom maps.

Poll: could you consider any of the above ideas to be good on your favourite server/any damn server.




http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/ ( <a href=)" target=_blank>http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/</a>" target=_blank>http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/</a>

http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

Message Edited on 07/05/0312:10AM by MP5professional

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 12:54 AM
I agree 100 % with you. I have play'd all these maps to No end I want SOMETHING NEW !!


http://members.shaw.ca/vaytan/images/z2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 01:10 AM
yes. ubi should dedicate some servers for custom maps only too

------------------------
Pentium 4 3.0ghz
Ati Radeon 9700 PRO
512mb PC3500 DDR RAM
------------------------
OEM Catalyst 3.4
DirectX 9.0a
WinXP Pro

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 01:26 AM
MORE OPINIONS!!

http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 01:57 AM
- 5.Go into your server ini files and change UNIFORMS
- to be suitable from map to map.

This is wrong...my bad...it is changable in MAP folder in the ini for every map..

If you want desert camo for red team and tan for green on lets say olsons estate map just open it up in maps folder and switch the "RainbowLightGreen" to the camo u want etc...

Hate to see desert camo guys running around on a snow map.. looks redicoulus.

http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 03:18 AM
When The Platoon Map Contest II is over, you'll have plenty of new maps...

Don't worry.

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 03:33 AM
Equatis wrote:
- When The Platoon Map Contest II is over, you'll have
- plenty of new maps... that crash.
-
worry.





http://www.poppyfields.net/poppy/monkey/munkeh/******ss.jpg


"On seeing the results of patch 1.3 for himself munkeh decided to drown his sorrows."

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 06:07 AM
The largest problem with placing custom maps on a server (and yes we did try it for a long time on 2 of the cinci highspeed servers) was related to the lack of display when downloading a map from the server. A lot of players just presumed that something had gone wrong in the connection and went to look elsewhere, thus leaving the servers empty for the majority of the time when the stock map cinci's were always completely full up.

Now with the addition of the download screen that comes up, I'm not sure it would have the same effect.

The other thing to consider is that some of these maps (namely Ziggy113's SriLanka day and night) are as large as 20+ megs. Some people just have no interest in waiting that long for a map to download and others who might be on 56k would have to be silly to let a server try to send that to them. More importantly, unless your server uses a highspeed http or ftp redirect like the cinci servers did you could end up waiting a LOOOONG time for a map that size to download since the server only allows you what bandwidth it can afford.

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 07:56 AM
You know what the bigger issue here is, speaking of MP and map variety...

It's what the community likes to play and that is one game mode and one game mode entirely: Team Death Match/Elimination/Surival.

This is what is driving the monotony of maps being played.

Meaning, there are other game modes out there -- objective game modes like Bomb, Hostage, Pilot and Co-Op... But no one plays those on a regular basis as much as TDM.

The reason this is relevant to this whole discussion is that a lot of these maps that are made don't really suit that style of play.

In fact, a good percentage of the maps coming out for MP are MORE geared toward Co-Op, Mission and objective games than just TDM (some of them are first and foremost SP maps converted to MP; the ones coming out now).

This is the real reason why there isn't a variety of maps to choose from... Because the "community" has deemed TDM the "game mode of choice" and that leaves really good maps in the dust because they don't accomodate that style of play or the author just doesn't put that game mode in.

Also, just like were were talking about on another thread... A lot of these maps are fantastic eye candy creations... But they play like crap because that is ALL they are: Fancy, realistic looking settings, but with no regard to MP computer gaming in mind as a result.

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 08:32 AM
i care about graphics to a point, but gameplay supercedes 100% over graphics, after all we play the game for the way it plays, not the way it looks. i agree that alot of maps do need to be optimized most modded and some originals. I like my share of new maps, but i mostly play the originals becuz they are the only ones that ladder and they do run alot better then most modded maps. Objective based games are some of the most fun ive had in ladder becuz theyres no camping and it requires teamwork, but noone plays it, oh well, their loss. sniper bunkers is my fave map of all the maps, nothing is funner then sniping for me, man i keep changing the subject. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://members.cox.net/big_perm/wallace.jpg


"Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm prettier than this man."

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Equatis wrote:
- When The Platoon Map Contest II is over, you'll have
- plenty of new maps...
-
- Don't worry.
-
-


what ya talking bout?
Did i somewhere in my post asked for more maps?


http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:05 AM
TedSmith wrote:
- The other thing to consider is that some of these
- maps (namely Ziggy113's SriLanka day and night) are
- as large as 20+ megs. Some people just have no
- interest in waiting that long for a map to download
- and others who might be on 56k would have to be
- silly to let a server try to send that to them.
- More importantly, unless your server uses a
- highspeed http or ftp redirect like the cinci
- servers did you could end up waiting a LOOOONG time
- for a map that size to download since the server
- only allows you what bandwidth it can afford.
-
-

If ppl really want that map or knows that they need it in order to play on their fav server or to play with ur friends they will get the damn map.. even the 56kers.. they can download it over night..i got a few friends that still use 56..and they download maps and skins etc..



http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:08 AM
KungFu_CIA wrote:
-


yea your right about the damn TDM game mode... i hate that.. why dosent ppl play BOMB more? pilot i cant stand so im not even gonna talk bout that one.. but Hostage and bomb?

we need more servers with DIFFERENT stuff on em...



http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 11:36 AM
U are so wrong buddy... We tried adding all the cool new maps on our server.. It's really cool and all that stuff... But u know what???? Ppl are too lazy to download the maps.. And that means: U have a full server, but when the map cheanges to a custom one, the server empties.. And it isn't very much fun playing by urself.. U get my point.. So we removed them again, in order to keep the server full... And not losing every player when changing to custom map!!

"I'm not a player, i just 4k a lot" - Big Pun

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 01:40 PM
CTUChefen wrote:
- U are so wrong buddy... We tried adding all the cool
- new maps on our server.. It's really cool and all
- that stuff... But u know what???? Ppl are too lazy
- to download the maps.. And that means: U have a full
- server, but when the map cheanges to a custom one,
- the server empties.. And it isn't very much fun
- playing by urself.. U get my point.. So we removed
- them again, in order to keep the server full... And
- not losing every player when changing to custom
- map!!
-
- "I'm not a player, i just 4k a lot" - Big Pun


YEA!!..thats what im talking about,we need to enlighten RvS players about all the great custom maps and almost force them to play them!!

they dont know the maps they are missing out on...

its a shame

http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 02:23 PM
1. I hate custom maps
2. rofl
3. I hate silly modes
4. ROFL
5.6.7 Good

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 03:25 PM
I think most of the servers got the old maps running cuz the new maps aren't official on some ladders like clanbase

http://www.forceunopposed.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 05:10 PM
Are ladders strictly TDM?

(I don't know that is why I am asking).

If they are... That is sad because there really is no point in that because I think real skill is trying to achieve an objective other than just to kill your opponent(s).

I think someone (who's already left the game) said that the reason RvS is dying is because as far as MP goes, it is a step BACKWARDS in a lot of instances (aside from the technical glitches) since most of the game modes not only have been done before in other games, but the big ones that people seem to like are "primitive" and present no real challenge (DM, TDM).

Of course, I figured out WHY Team Surivival is so popular:

It was the only game mode that the MP Demo had and people just don't want to change even when the full retail came out. They are in fact, lazy, to be blunt...

Which is really sad if you think about it.

UBI should have put in a few objective modes to get people to play something other than TDM and maybe TDM wouldn't be that popular.

Like I said, I'm not "angry" at those who like TDM... But honestly, folks, this is what is partly killing the community -- the community itself -- In that most people are sick of pointless frag game modes like DM and TDM which is why objective based games like AA, ET and others are more popular because there is a point to what you are doing versus just seeing who can get the higher k/d ratio which in turn is another reason people aren't buying or getting into RvS when they find out that TDM is the "number one" game mode of choice for a large majority of the community.

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 05:30 PM
All Ladders are TDM, save one on TWL that we play on (6v6 Objective) and its the best games ive ever had, but guess how many people are on it? 13, how many on TDM? 130, people only want TDM for some reason, dont get me wrong, i like it too, but it promotes camping... when u HAVE to complete an objective u cant sit in a room all game and call urself 1337... u actally HAVE to be somewhere and complete or protect an objective, it really makes for good game, but people think its noobish since TDM was the only Ladder for the R6 Series.(RS and R6)

http://members.cox.net/big_perm/wallace.jpg


"Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm prettier than this man."

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 05:32 PM
KungFu_CIA wrote:
- Are ladders strictly TDM?
-
- (I don't know that is why I am asking).
-
- If they are... That is sad because there really is
- no point in that because I think real skill is
- trying to achieve an objective other than just to
- kill your opponent(s).
-
- I think someone (who's already left the game) said
- that the reason RvS is dying is because as far as MP
- goes, it is a step BACKWARDS in a lot of instances
- (aside from the technical glitches) since most of
- the game modes not only have been done before in
- other games, but the big ones that people seem to
- like are "primitive" and present no real challenge
- (DM, TDM).
-
- Of course, I figured out WHY Team Surivival is so
- popular:
-
- It was the only game mode that the MP Demo had and
- people just don't want to change even when the full
- retail came out. They are in fact, lazy, to be
- blunt...
-
- Which is really sad if you think about it.
-
- UBI should have put in a few objective modes to get
- people to play something other than TDM and maybe
- TDM wouldn't be that popular.
-
- Like I said, I'm not "angry" at those who like
- TDM... But honestly, folks, this is what is partly
- killing the community -- the community itself -- In
- that most people are sick of pointless frag game
- modes like DM and TDM which is why objective based
- games like AA, ET and others are more popular
- because there is a point to what you are doing
- versus just seeing who can get the higher k/d ratio
- which in turn is another reason people aren't buying
- or getting into RvS when they find out that TDM is
- the "number one" game mode of choice for a large
- majority of the community.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

TDM only in ladder? now that would be a fooking shame.
TDM is like you say cia primitive.. but if one wants to play with others your forced to play TDM..that is WHY we have to force players to play other game modes AND custom maps.. how? easy... just change your server!!
In ASE i find maybe 5-20 servers on each game mode except TDM where i find a few hundred... this is SILLY!

RvS is turning in to SoF2..so i might aswell go install that game instead... atleast it has a mod community /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif


http://www.boomspeed.com/surfer72/mp5sig.jpg

Member of a clan? Check us out @
http://www.rsclanforums.cjb.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Big Perm and Kung Fu CIA, while it _was_ true that one of the few active ladders that permitted objective play was the TWL 6v6 composite, there is now an addition to that list.

Squadgames is re-opening it's Raven-Shield ladders (4 in all) and one 7v7 Single Elimination Tournament finally after much discussion in a 1 month long prize event ending with the release of the _new_ Squadgames site and ladder software.

Two of the ladders involved in the event, the 5v5 Standard and Custom Match ladders are open to any and all game-play modes, Team Survival and objective based alike, as the game _should_ be played in my opinion.

The prizes offered are two nVidia Geforce FX 5900 Ultra video cards, five $50 best buy gift certificates and custom T-shirts and sig trophies for the winners of each event.

Now, I know what everyone thinks about online prize tournaments, presuming that it'll bring all the cheaters out in full force. To alleviate that concern, we've decided to make the large prizes available through a participation based draw. The more events you participate in and the longer you participate in them for, the better your chances of winning. Thus, even if you suck, so long as you play and have fun, you can win.



Message Edited on 07/06/0304:53PM by TedSmith

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Ted i think u guys should open ur tourney/ladder in coordination with the first day of PB which is due out 2 weeks after ur regular scheduled open date. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif i think that would draw ALOT of clans just for that fact.

http://members.cox.net/big_perm/wallace.jpg


"Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm prettier than this man."

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 08:26 PM
I want more bomb servers!!

P.4
2.4ghz
512 ram
Geforce 4 Ti4800

XyZspineZyX
07-05-2003, 09:28 PM
i think we should have cool maps like the Deathride Playroom.You know something different. I have all of the custom maps. I like someone the newer maps.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 12:34 AM
Are you SURE it's scheduled to be out 2 weeks after the start? Last quote was the 1.31 patch was going to be in testing for 3 weeks and PB wasn't going in until 1.32.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 12:36 AM
Regardless, as much as we'd like to hold off and ensure that punkbuster is ready for the event, we simply can't wait on maybe's and questionable promises from the developers.

The event is actually timed so the ending of it coincides with the opening of the new squadgames ladder, but should PB become available earlier than I am anticipating (currently, I'm betting on 1 1/2 - 2 months) then it will definitely be implemented immediately.

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 06:11 AM
I still like the original maps like the first day of the retail....I mostly play in a server for the people, not for the maps. I prefer original maps but I also prefer to play with good players and most of them are playing in the original maps....

XyZspineZyX
07-06-2003, 02:57 PM
For the last time Deathmatch and Team-Deathmatch shouldn't even ship with the game but duh as far as I remember that's all the majority wanna play!

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 06:28 AM
i dont no wot you are tlkin about.

my clan server always has alot of people online what ever maps we use.