PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with the game

Menace53243
09-21-2004, 07:57 AM
I cant get the game to work very good. I am having trouble must be with my Grapics card. I have a laptop but dont know what kind of processor or grapics card that I have in it. Is there anything that I can do to make this work better ? Looks like a really fun game to play and I just want to make it work. Any sugestions woudl help. Thanks !

Menace53243
09-21-2004, 07:57 AM
I cant get the game to work very good. I am having trouble must be with my Grapics card. I have a laptop but dont know what kind of processor or grapics card that I have in it. Is there anything that I can do to make this work better ? Looks like a really fun game to play and I just want to make it work. Any sugestions woudl help. Thanks !

horseback
09-21-2004, 09:30 AM
You need a more powerful computer. I'm not an expert in the laptop world, but I get the impression that you'd need a high-end laptop to come close to the performance of a mid range desktop. You need a quality video card with at least 64Mb dedicated video RAM, and a system RAM of at least 512Mb to run this game at reduced levels, assuming that your processor is in the Athlon XP/ P4 1.6+MHz class.

You might want to see if you can find this game's predecessor, Il-2 Sturmovik. It's similar in content, although more Eastern Front centered, and a lot less demanding of your system. It should be within the capabilities of the current crop of laptops.

Don't even get me started on joysticks...

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

TugZooey
09-24-2004, 08:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Menace53243:
I cant get the game to work very good. I am having trouble must be with my Grapics card. I have a laptop but dont know what kind of processor or grapics card that I have in it. Is there anything that I can do to make this work better ? Looks like a really fun game to play and I just want to make it work. Any sugestions woudl help. Thanks ! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may want to try lowering the graphics settings. I play the game on my laptop and it took some configuring to be able to play comfortably. I have 2.0 ghz 512 ram 32mb radeon 7500 mobility. The biggest increase I found was upping my ram from 256 to 512. One thing I have to do, however, is to prop my comp up because it gets damned hot while playing anything.