PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Suggestion: Friends, Matchmaking and Showing Statistics

Dead1y-Derri
07-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Hello I have a couple of suggestions regarding the functionality of Multiplayer specifically the Friend and Matchmaking aspects. These are couple of suggestions that I'd really like to see implemented if possible.

Friends

One issue I feel has been problematic in previous Ubisoft Multiplayer games is the ability to easily join your friends. I'll use Far Cry 4 as an example. In Far Cry 4 there is no option for me to invite my friends, prior to going into a lobby. I want to be able to set up a party and then look for match because its a nightmare trying to get into the same game with my friends. So I therefore For Honor needs to adopt a system where I can easily get into a match with friends and the best way to do this is to allow the grouping of a party of player prior to looking for match, similar to how Call of Duty MP works and to the same extent Assassins Creed series, for example Black Flag allowed you to team up prior to going into a game.

Matchmaking

I find with Ubisoft games that I tend to be put with players in locations like Russia and even the United States. I live in the United Kingdom, I should be getting paired up with neighbouring European countries and not places half way around the world. If the match host is half way around the world then my connection is going to be terrible. So it would be nice to be able to at least restrict my Matchmaking to Europe, specifically if possible certain parts of Europe so I'm not connected to someone in the United States because that's just going to be horrific. I see this a lot when playing Far Cry 4 Multiplayer and also witnessed this sometimes in Assassins Creed MP.

I'd also like to be showing ping bars e.g. the three or four green bars that people commonly see in games or an actual number. So I can see how much lag I have, if any.

General Statistics

I'd like to see the number of players online and what mode. I often find while playing Ubisoft games, they don't show this information and in turn I go into a mode that's dead and has a low player count so I'm waiting for a long time for match.

MisterWillow
07-31-2015, 12:34 AM
Agreed on all counts.

On matchmaking specifically, I normally don't have too many problem when I connect to someone hosting elsewhere in the world (I'm in the US), but when I do, I always wonder why it isn't a standard matchmaking feature to have the option to restrict matchmaking to local regions.

Dead1y-Derri
07-31-2015, 12:43 AM
Agreed on all counts.

On matchmaking specifically, I normally don't have too many problem when I connect to someone hosting elsewhere in the world (I'm in the US), but when I do, I always wonder why it isn't a standard matchmaking feature to have the option to restrict matchmaking to local regions.

My example with Far Cry 4 is because I'm in the UK and considering the game is about 9 or so months old I think there is lot less people playing now so I get thrown in with lobbies that are much further away. With you being in the US and the US being bigger you've probably got more chance of getting people local or within your region. At least that's my theory.

I think its also to get you into a game quicker but I'd rather wait 5-10 mins or whatever getting a local game than go into a game and have to leave as soon as I see the connection.

But I'd like to see some options to localize your search because it helps in long-run when the game starts to get old.

MisterWillow
07-31-2015, 01:04 AM
My example with Far Cry 4 is because I'm in the UK and considering the game is about 9 or so months old I think there is lot less people playing now so I get thrown in with lobbies that are much further away. With you being in the US and the US being bigger you've probably got more chance of getting people local or within your region. At least that's my theory.

I think its also to get you into a game quicker but I'd rather wait 5-10 mins or whatever getting a local game than go into a game and have to leave as soon as I see the connection.

But I'd like to see some options to localize your search because it helps in long-run when the game starts to get old.

No, I understood what you were saying. What I meant was, every so often (mostly when I'm playing at 3-4 am, but it does happen occasionally during 'normal' hours, too) I'll get put in games with people in the UK, Europe, Russia, Japan, Korea, etc. etc. because nobody's playing in my region, and in those cases, I normally don't experience severe problems (there's just a language barrier sometimes). However, on the occasions I get put in a game hosted across the oceans during the middle of the day, when people are presumably playing in my region, I wonder why there aren't options to localise searches.