PDA

View Full Version : Backstage making of the trailer

Sixty-nl
07-29-2015, 06:30 PM
i had no idea, you guys used motion cap. i really loved the trailer and i saw the love that was put into it. now with the new backstage video i understand why that was. I am already excited for ingame cutscenes, no doubt its going to be made with mocap too. Kinda like Uncharted.

What did you guys think of the new Backstage video?

Solid_Altair
07-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Where is this video?! :eek:

Dead1y-Derri
07-30-2015, 12:24 PM
Where is this video?! :eek:

The link was sent in an email, like the email you would have got when you signed up to the backstage program. Its only for people who've registered on the For Honor Site and are part of the backstage program.

I found the video to be quite informative and it gave an insight into how For Honor was being made .

premiumart
07-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Well since you need a uplay account and only press one button its pretty save to assume that we all are indeed in the backstage program.

And i havent received a email yet. ; _ ;

Edit: because i set my contact prefrences wrong. silly me -.-

Dead1y-Derri
07-30-2015, 01:01 PM
Well since you need a uplay account and only press one button its pretty save to assume that we all are indeed in the backstage program.

And i havent received a email yet. ; _ ;

Edit: because i set my contact prefrences wrong. silly me -.-

Yeah, you need to make sure your contact preferences are set up properly and you need to go to the ForHonor site and register/login on that and you'll get an email that says they're part of the backstage program.

WYRDB0Y
07-30-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm registered and didn't get this mail :confused:
I also have the contact pref set to yes.

premiumart
07-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Yeah, you need to make sure your contact preferences are set up properly and you need to go to the ForHonor site and register/login on that and you'll get an email that says they're part of the backstage program.

I actually got the welcome email though

MisterWillow
07-30-2015, 05:08 PM
I didn't receive an email either. I received the initial welcome email when I registered, and my contact preferences are YES to receive updates on Ubi titles, but NO to receive ubdates from Ubi partners. Since I got the welcome email, I would think my preferences are good for receiving it, but should I switch the NO to YES, in regard to partner updates? Would that help?

I really like making-of stuff, so I kinda want to see this.

Dead1y-Derri
07-30-2015, 05:57 PM
I don't know why those who got the first email, haven't got the second email.

Odd....

I don't know what to suggest.

Mr_Moonstone
07-31-2015, 09:57 AM
Didn't get the first mail.
Set my preferences for mails from Ubi to Yes.
Didn't get the second mail either...
Set the preference for Ubi partners to Yes...
(Tried multiple registrations - no mails...)

Greets

Update: Stupid me did not verify mail address...

UbiBooma
07-31-2015, 07:11 PM
You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA7f4f6N838

MisterWillow
07-31-2015, 07:38 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/c836b0bb161ee6ad749bd59af4401acd/tumblr_inline_n9w74ajRYk1slyi0z.gif

Thank you!

I would've been sad if I missed that. Great stuff.

Any idea why the e-mail went through for some people and not for others?

premiumart
07-31-2015, 09:03 PM
If they did put the same effort into the game, we are set. XD

MrJoker.
07-31-2015, 09:41 PM
I will use some Polish say:
Polak potrafi!
Here are some other works of this man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x05hIYpw1lU
He has the talent .

UbiBooma
08-01-2015, 12:26 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/c836b0bb161ee6ad749bd59af4401acd/tumblr_inline_n9w74ajRYk1slyi0z.gif

Thank you!

I would've been sad if I missed that. Great stuff.

Any idea why the e-mail went through for some people and not for others?

I have no idea but we'll let the communication folks know there was an issue!

Havemercy87
08-01-2015, 03:17 AM
That was awesome.. Thanks booma..
I didn't get the video and I'm sure I have everything in order with the email. I did run into an issue though, I went to verify email again just to be sure and all its been doing is loading on a screen that says please wait.. If you could pass this on please and thanks

WYRDB0Y
08-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Ahh thanks for posting this since I've missed out on it, although I would have liked to see more footage of the stunts and people doing the choreography instead of just talking about it.:nonchalance:

Solid_Altair
08-01-2015, 05:35 AM
Thanks a lot!

And great making of video. Nice to see Emile in it. It makes us feel closer to the game's development.
________

I'll try to verfy everything as to why I didn't get it. Many people have had problem receiving the welcoming e-mails and such. We gotta figure it out before they start sending things like closed beta access codes and such. :nonchalance:

UbiBooma
08-01-2015, 07:05 PM
That was awesome.. Thanks booma..
I didn't get the video and I'm sure I have everything in order with the email. I did run into an issue though, I went to verify email again just to be sure and all its been doing is loading on a screen that says please wait.. If you could pass this on please and thanks

Okay I'm going to double check with the comm team on this even if it's something folks are doing wrong with their email settings. We shall figure it out!! :)

Sixty-nl
08-02-2015, 08:38 AM
And otherwise we will post the links to the backstage program videos so those who do not get the email will see them anyway. We are in this community together ;)

Ant Heuser Kush
08-02-2015, 09:32 AM
And otherwise we will post the links to the backstage program videos so those who do not get the email will see them anyway. We are in this community together ;)

Thanks, because I'm not getting any of these emails.

Mr_Shade
08-02-2015, 10:09 AM
If you guys have just signed up for Uplay - you need to verify your email address - you should have a welcome to Uplay email - with a link to click.

If you were already a user - check you are allowing Uplay to contact you with advertising - these emails are classed as that - so check your Uplay profile has the email contact allowed ;)

That should be the only reasons you are not getting it - assuming the email on file is correct ;)

MisterWillow
08-03-2015, 01:59 AM
If you guys have just signed up for Uplay - you need to verify your email address - you should have a welcome to Uplay email - with a link to click.

If you were already a user - check you are allowing Uplay to contact you with advertising - these emails are classed as that - so check your Uplay profile has the email contact allowed ;)

That should be the only reasons you are not getting it - assuming the email on file is correct ;)

I don't know if you saw my other post, but I have my contact preferences set to YES for contact about Ubisoft games, and NO for contact about Ubisoft partners. Does this affect anything, or should I be good?

Just double-checking, since I received the initial email welcoming everyone to the backstage program.

UbiBooma
08-03-2015, 06:38 PM
I don't know if you saw my other post, but I have my contact preferences set to YES for contact about Ubisoft games, and NO for contact about Ubisoft partners. Does this affect anything, or should I be good?

Just double-checking, since I received the initial email welcoming everyone to the backstage program.

Hey MisterWillow,

I just learned that the backstage emails are for EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Asia), and not for NCSA (North, Central and South Americas). This might be you're not getting the emails.

MisterWillow
08-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Oh.

That's a shame. As long as we're not being cut out of Beta opportunities and the videos will be posted here on the forums, I guess I can live with it, though.

Thanks

Havemercy87
08-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Hey MisterWillow,

I just learned that the backstage emails are for EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Asia), and not for NCSA (North, Central and South Americas). This might be you're not getting the emails.
Wow.. Thanks for getting the intel for us Booma.

Oh.

That's a shame. As long as we're not being cut out of Beta opportunities and the videos will be posted here on the forums, I guess I can live with it, though.

Thanks
What Willow said.. Really hope we're not out of the running for alpha and/or beta testing...

PS. @Booma can you find out if the For Honor custom skin consoles that were in the contest back in June, we're these restricted to the same areas? (Not Americas)

Solid_Altair
08-04-2015, 08:41 AM
I'm in Brazil and I sooo wanna be a part of the beta! :nonchalance:

UbiDuchess
08-05-2015, 07:46 PM
"We wanted the viewers, after seeing it, to be like 'ok, gimme a sword, I want to fight now!" Yeah, mission accomplished, super stoked for this! Thanks for posting for those of us in the NCSA, Booma. :D

UbiBooma
08-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Wow.. Thanks for getting the intel for us Booma.

PS. @Booma can you find out if the For Honor custom skin consoles that were in the contest back in June, we're these restricted to the same areas? (Not Americas)

Looking into it. I'll let you know ASAP.

Havemercy87
08-07-2015, 08:37 AM
Looking into it. I'll let you know ASAP.

Thanks!

UbiBooma
08-07-2015, 07:08 PM
The console skin context is NCSA only. Looks like you're in luck! :)

Havemercy87
08-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Woo-hoo! Thank you Booma! Now we wait.. I can't remember when the contest said the winners would be chosen..

MisterWillow
08-27-2015, 01:24 AM
Hey MisterWillow,

Hello, again. I wanted to let you guys know that I received the latest (?) backstage email with the Vision (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1248942-For-Honor-quot-Vision-quot-Trailer) trailer in it. Was just wondering if there was an update to this policy---so I can expect to see the backstage emails going forward---or if this was a mistake/glitch/something else.

Anyone else in NCSA receive an email?

Mr_Moonstone
08-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Nope... Still nothing.

UbiBooma
08-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Hello, again. I wanted to let you guys know that I received the latest (?) backstage email with the Vision (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1248942-For-Honor-quot-Vision-quot-Trailer) trailer in it. Was just wondering if there was an update to this policy---so I can expect to see the backstage emails going forward---or if this was a mistake/glitch/something else.

Anyone else in NCSA receive an email?

Hey MisterWillow, I can let the comm team know if you think there's an issue here. Let me be clear on the issue though because I'm not sure. You're wondering if there's an update so that backstage includes NCSA and EMEA? I can ask about that if so. Do you think you should or should not be receiving these emails?

Booma

MisterWillow
08-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Hey MisterWillow, I can let the comm team know if you think there's an issue here. Let me be clear on the issue though because I'm not sure. You're wondering if there's an update so that backstage includes NCSA and EMEA? I can ask about that if so. Do you think you should or should not be receiving these emails?

Booma

Sort of, I guess.

It's that, earlier people were wondering why they weren't receiving the backstage emails. Some seemed to receive the initial email welcoming them to the backstage program (me included), and some didn't, but there seemed to be a split in the forums of people who, regardless if they got the welcome email, were and were not receiving the subsequent ones. We found this out because of this thread, since some people (myself included) had no idea what video the thread was referencing (the making of the E3 trailer), and whilst everyone was wondering what was going on, you provided information that the backstage emails were only for EMEA (earlier in the thread). While disappointing to hear, I was okay with it, provided that the videos/information within those emails were posted by EMEA forum members, so people in NCSA wouldn't miss out, and that NCSA wasn't exempt or disqualified from Beta access (which was not, and has not, been indicated).

With all that ostensibly sorted out, I forgot about the issue and continued to monitor the forums for new videos (which have been posted), until, that is, yesterday morning, when I checked my email to find a backstage email with the 'Vision' trailer, which was posted as another thread some time ago (I linked to it in my last post). So, now I'm just a bit confused as to whether or not I should be expecting to receive them going forward (especially since Evenor_XIII above reported they apparently did not receive the email), or if it was a mistake or glitch or something. I would like to receive them, but if it was, in fact, a mistake, then no biggie; I'll just monitor the forums for new info/videos. I was just wondering what the status of the backstage program was, given the circumstances.

Thanks in advance.

UbiBooma
08-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Sort of, I guess.

It's that, earlier people were wondering why they weren't receiving the backstage emails. Some seemed to receive the initial email welcoming them to the backstage program (me included), and some didn't, but there seemed to be a split in the forums of people who, regardless if they got the welcome email, were and were not receiving the subsequent ones. We found this out because of this thread, since some people (myself included) had no idea what video the thread was referencing (the making of the E3 trailer), and whilst everyone was wondering what was going on, you provided information that the backstage emails were only for EMEA (earlier in the thread). While disappointing to hear, I was okay with it, provided that the videos/information within those emails were posted by EMEA forum members, so people in NCSA wouldn't miss out, and that NCSA wasn't exempt or disqualified from Beta access (which was not, and has not, been indicated).

With all that ostensibly sorted out, I forgot about the issue and continued to monitor the forums for new videos (which have been posted), until, that is, yesterday morning, when I checked my email to find a backstage email with the 'Vision' trailer, which was posted as another thread some time ago (I linked to it in my last post). So, now I'm just a bit confused as to whether or not I should be expecting to receive them going forward (especially since Evenor_XIII above reported they apparently did not receive the email), or if it was a mistake or glitch or something. I would like to receive them, but if it was, in fact, a mistake, then no biggie; I'll just monitor the forums for new info/videos. I was just wondering what the status of the backstage program was, given the circumstances.

Thanks in advance.

Okay thanks for clarifying. I'll see if I can figure out if there's a glitch with the communications process somehow.

UbiBooma
08-28-2015, 07:38 PM
MisterWillow,

Yeah so content is regionalized so there are subtle differences in the emails you guys receive. It doesn't seem like there are any glitches going on from the end of the communications team. Hope that helps...

aHUMBLEknight
11-22-2015, 09:06 AM
Hey Booma,

Any word on NCSA not being eligible for the beta?