PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed is not the same anymore

Steng02
07-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Dont get me wrong, i love the assassins creed franchise. I've been playing it ever sence Altair in the first game. But ever sence the Ezio trilogy ended, i feel like im not an assassin fighting for the creed but just some guy that wants to start a revolution or get revenge on someone. It was cool being a Native American assassin in AC3 but i felt like the whole game was about ending the revolutionary war and saving your people, which isn't a bad thing but when playing it, i didn't feel like i was a true assassin. None of the new characters are purely devoted to the creed, they just join it so they can solve their own problems. I really want Ubisoft to start a new trilogy like Ezios, with the main character being born into the order and not just joining up when they hit a rough patch in life. I want to feel like a devoted, loyal assassin thats main purpose is to destroy the Templar Order (like Altair or Ezio) and not some blood thirsty badass that just goes around slaughtering hundreds of people for no reason while jumping from roof top to roof top in a very unrealistic way.

DSD27
07-29-2015, 05:27 PM
through years of history, times changed, times change.. Same thing with this game. Ezio didn't live in the american or french revolution, because those only happened later.
Arno was born in the order, his father was an assassin like Ezio's father,
This game must change in the same way history did, it can not be AC II (Italian Renaissance) again and again.

Sorrosyss
07-29-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm not going to debate against your post, but I will say that Syndicate has two protagonists whom are born into an Assassin family. Hopefully there should be a better following of the Creed. Gang wars aside. :p

king-hailz
07-29-2015, 05:35 PM
The magic started with AC1, it was at it's peak in AC2, it was slowly fading in ACB/ACR. It was gone in AC3, AC4 tried to rekindle the magic, ACU doesn't know what Magic is... what's the point in arguing. It's not like we or anybody else can do something.

dxsxhxcx
07-29-2015, 05:43 PM
:p

this kinda tell me your expectations for it to happen aren't that high.. hehe..

DSD27
07-29-2015, 05:43 PM
The magic started with AC1, it was at it's peak in AC2, it was slowly fading in ACB/ACR. It was gone in AC3, AC4 tried to rekindle the magic, ACU doesn't know what Magic is... what's the point in arguing. It's not like we or anybody else can do something.

well I enjoyed AC 4 and AC Unity much more than AC II. Although my favorite assassin is Ezio :p

Sushiglutton
07-29-2015, 06:03 PM
Time for another group hug and cry session while watching the Beautiful Lie vid :( :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_g4_LSSRA

JohnBoyzZ
07-29-2015, 06:12 PM
I just had to log in and say something about this. All I read in your post is "Ezio this and that".

Lots of people say "they're running out of ideas" but really the problem with these people is that they can't accept the changes. Variety is needed and each game is during a different historic period. Also, each game and timeline have their highlights and tell their own story. I may easily say this since I started and finished the entire series in 2013 (ACI to ACIII) so I'm not blinded by nostalgia.

I personally LOVED the Kenway Saga (and timeline) mainly because of how Edward learned the ways of the Assassins after messing around as a pirate, Haytham turning Templar and eradicating the Colonial Assassins, and then Connor rebuilding the Brotherhood. It was also nice to see Haytham and Connor work together due to similar goals but also as father and son.

In Assassin's Creed III, the Creed did seemed dead (and you're not wrong about that) but I also remember Achilles saying he and Connor aren't really the "ceremonial" type when promoting Connor into a full-fledged Assassin. If there's anything I didn't like about the game, it's the lack of stealth opportunities and the obnoxious optional objectives.

Assassin's Creed IV revived the Creed (which I absolutely loved) and you see this when "James Kidd" explained it to a naive Edward Kenway. ACIV was the best AC we had in a while (and AC Rogue too). Thank you, Ashraf Ismail.

I like Kenway more than Ezio honestly because Kenway gave me a sense of adventure in Assassin's Creed IV. This showed me that you can do other things than always playing Assassin. Don't get me wrong, Ezio has a special place in my heart since we had three games of him (and AC Embers film). Altair was alright but I respect him for restoring the Brotherhood after Abbas ****ing it up and the biggest thing: modifying the Hidden Blade and creating the Codex pages. So don't see him as an OG Assassin but rather as a mentor we cannot forget.

All that being said, I cannot wait to see how Assassin's Creed Syndicate tells its story and their way of the Creed.

Jessigirl2013
07-29-2015, 06:30 PM
Dont get me wrong, i love the assassins creed franchise. I've been playing it ever sence Altair in the first game. But ever sence the Ezio trilogy ended, i feel like im not an assassin fighting for the creed but just some guy that wants to start a revolution or get revenge on someone. It was cool being a Native American assassin in AC3 but i felt like the whole game was about ending the revolutionary war and saving your people, which isn't a bad thing but when playing it, i didn't feel like i was a true assassin. None of the new characters are purely devoted to the creed, they just join it so they can solve their own problems. I really want Ubisoft to start a new trilogy like Ezios, with the main character being born into the order and not just joining up when they hit a rough patch in life. I want to feel like a devoted, loyal assassin thats main purpose is to destroy the Templar Order (like Altair or Ezio) and not some blood thirsty badass that just goes around slaughtering hundreds of people for no reason while jumping from roof top to roof top in a very unrealistic way.

To be fair, Ezio started off wanting revenge,
but then his character evolved. ;)

The protagonists don't really do this anymore ;) at the end they are usually the same as they were at the beginning.

Sorrosyss
07-29-2015, 06:56 PM
this kinda tell me your expectations for it to happen aren't that high.. hehe..

Well, I was just thinking of the first video where the Twins are stood on a carriage yelling their names to all to hear. :D

"Hide in plain sight"

pacmanate
07-29-2015, 06:58 PM
AC has changed because of the time period in my opinion.

My going more modern you lose the sense of mystery purely in the world.

Hans684
07-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Dont get me wrong, i love the assassins creed franchise.

Don't doubt that.

I've been playing it ever sence Altair in the first game.

Most have.

But ever since the Ezio trilogy ended, i feel like im not an assassin fighting for the creed but just some guy that wants to start a revolution or get revenge on someone.

- Ezio did for revange in AC2, in Brotherhood it's either avenging Mario or revenge. Your choice.
- The Assassins don't fight for the creed, they live by it(more or less).
- The Assassins fight for freedom(or peace, depends on the time).

It was cool being a Native American assassin in AC3 but i felt like the whole game was about ending the revolutionary war and saving your people, which isn't a bad thing but when playing it, i didn't feel like i was a true assassin.

Starting and ending but no, that's not what's it's about. It's about finding The Key by reliving Connor's memories. Connor's story started out about just saving his people but it developed to save all people(and he failed at it).

None of the new characters are purely devoted to the creed, they just join it so they can solve their own problems.

Like Godzio. He shouldn't bet a pass on because of nostalgia, that would be hypocritical and a double standard. So by your words Ezio isn't a true Assassin.

I really want Ubisoft to start a new trilogy like Ezios, with the main character being born into the order and not just joining up when they hit a rough patch in life.

Same as above.

I want to feel like a devoted, loyal assassin thats main purpose is to destroy the Templar Order (like Altair or Ezio) and not some blood thirsty badass that just goes around slaughtering hundreds of people for no reason while jumping from roof top to roof top in a very unrealistic way.

As for you standard on what an Assassin should be, do you want the same kind of character and story with only a few changes?
Complaining about unrealistic jumping is ridiculous, it's not the most unrealistic thing in AC. So that's complaining for the sake of conplaining.

Jessigirl2013
07-29-2015, 07:17 PM
Don't doubt that.

Most have.

- Ezio did for revange in AC2, in Brotherhood it's either avenging Mario or revenge. Your choice.
- The Assassins don't fight for the creed, they live by it(more or less).
- The Assassins fight for freedom(or peace, depends on the time).

Starting and ending but no, that's not what's it's about. It's about finding The Key by reliving Connor's memories. Connor's story started out about just saving his people but it developed to save all people(and he failed at it).

Like Godzio. He shouldn't bet a pass on because of nostalgia, that would be hypocritical and a double standard. So by your words Ezio isn't a true Assassin.

Same as above.

As for you standard on what an Assassin should be, do you want the same kind of character and story with only a few changes?
Complaining about unrealistic jumping is ridiculous, it's not the most unrealistic thing in AC. So that's complaining for the sake of conplaining.

Good points ;)

For me I think its because the modern day has really gone to s***!
All for the sake of getting new players into the franchise, Because Ubi don't think they would "understand" the story.
So long term fans of the franchise get screwed over with a game like Unity, which hardly references the previous games. And when it does its using a few cut scenes !!!!:mad:
Like WTF UBI!!

Also what happened to ACs signature WTF moments!
And that abysmal ending of Unity DOES NOT COUNT! :mad:

Hans684
07-29-2015, 08:33 PM
Good points ;)

Thank you.

For me I think its because the modern day has really gone to s***!

Because they want to please all and make each game en entry point for newcomers. So the story suffers for it.

All for the sake of getting new players into the franchise, Because Ubi don't think they would "understand" the story.

They should raise their standards then.

So long term fans of the franchise get screwed over with a game like Unity, which hardly references the previous games. And when it does its using a few cut scenes !!!!:mad:
Like WTF UBI!!

Well a Unity is the lowest point AC has ever been to, it's critic my fans should clear their heads.

Also what happened to ACs signature WTF moments!
And that abysmal ending of Unity DOES NOT COUNT! :mad:

As far as I'm aware Unity does't matter story wise, even Liberation is more relevant.

Jessigirl2013
07-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Thank you.

Because they want to please all and make each game en entry point for newcomers. So the story suffers for it.

They should raise their standards then.

Well a Unity is the lowest point AC has ever been to, it's critic my fans should clear their heads.

As far as I'm aware Unity does't matter story wise, even Liberation is more relevant.

Looking at older AC games I wonder how the hell UBI has managed to screw up good franchise so badly :confused:

Hans684
07-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Looking at older AC games I wonder how the hell UBI has managed to screw up good franchise so badly :confused:

The Ubi-syndrome, money instead of creative freedom.

Jessigirl2013
07-29-2015, 09:28 PM
The Ubi-syndrome, money instead of creative freedom.

*sigh. :(

It started so well...

EmptyCrustacean
08-01-2015, 03:04 PM
I just had to log in and say something about this. All I wanted to see in your post is "Ezio this and that".

Fixed. The rest of your post is not worth addressing since you seem to think AC4 somehow revived the Creed when of all the games released it is the one that goes out of its way to avoid Assassins/Templar conflict and go all out pirate. And the protagonist is totally unlikeable. No honour whatsoever.

btw OP completely agree.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Fixed. The rest of your post is not worth addressing since you seem to think AC4 somehow revived the Creed when of all the games released it is the one that goes out of its way to avoid Assassins/Templar conflict and go all out pirate. And the protagonist is totally unlikeable. No honour whatsoever.

btw OP completely agree.

agree

Kaschra
08-01-2015, 03:32 PM
But ever sence the Ezio trilogy ended, i feel like im not an assassin fighting for the creed but just some guy that wants to start a revolution or get revenge on someone.
You mean like Ezio did in AC2? Because that's exactly what he did.

It was cool being a Native American assassin in AC3 but i felt like the whole game was about ending the revolutionary war and saving your people, which isn't a bad thing but when playing it, i didn't feel like i was a true assassin.
Not this "true Assassin" crap again...

The protagonists don't really do this anymore ;) at the end they are usually the same as they were at the beginning.
Yeah, uhm... no. Most of them really aren't.

btw OP completely agree.
Can't agree at all. I find Edward very likable

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 03:50 PM
You mean like Ezio did in AC2? Because that's exactly what he did.
This is what I was thinking ;)

Not this "true Assassin" crap again...
ikr;)

Yeah, uhm... no. Most of them really aren't.

I think it showed the most with Ezio, he had a lot of character development I think other protagonists didn't get.

Personal taste I think ;)

EmptyCrustacean
08-01-2015, 05:29 PM
AC has changed because of the time period in my opinion.

My going more modern you lose the sense of mystery purely in the world.

To me, this isn't even the problem since we all knew this would happen anyway; I just didn't expect it so fast. Guns, rope launchers etc would have more of an impact if they had happened at least 18 games in GRADUALLY. I wanted to see a real journey in time until we eventiually played as Desmond but for some reason they've been racing to get to modern day gameplay and I don't know why.

Hans684
08-01-2015, 05:36 PM

Edward defiantly has a charm making him like able but he is an selfish ******* killing for money, he's an extremist version of Thomas Hickey. Difference is that Thomas don't need a grand price to enjoy life.

Kaschra
08-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Edward defiantly has a charm making him like able but he is an selfish ******* killing for money, he's an extremist version of Thomas Hickey. Difference is that Thomas don't need a grand price to enjoy life.
Yes of course he is, and then he goes through character development and he finally realises what a **** he was. Love that.

That's what some people don't understand. They complain that Edward is such a **** during most of the game - but that's the point. How could he change for the better if he already was a nice dude the whole time?

This is what I was thinking ;)
Personal taste I think ;)
You don't say. It's always up to personal taste.

Hans684
08-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Yes of course he is, and then he goes through character development and he finally realises what a **** he was. Love that.

Captain Pissoff at his finest, but I agree.

That's what some people don't understand. They complain that Edward is such a **** during most of the game - but that's the point. How could he change for the better if he already was a nice dude the whole time?

He never was a nice guy, he simply become an Assassin in the end. He got a more noble goal but it does't excuse how far he went for money. It's like saying Walter White is good for cooking meth for his family. until Walter started doing it because he liked it
Unlike Walter, Edward always wanted money and fame. Still had a great character development, it's not a complain. Rather critic on his character, that he isn't as good as people want him to be. And then there us the hypocritacy and double standard of calling him a good guy and calling Thomas a bad guy when both want to enjoy life. Only difference is that Thomas didn't go to the extreme to get it, he's a simply employe getting money for his jobs by his bosses.

pacmanate
08-01-2015, 06:39 PM
To me, this isn't even the problem since we all knew this would happen anyway; I just didn't expect it so fast. Guns, rope launchers etc would have more of an impact if they had happened at least 18 games in GRADUALLY. I wanted to see a real journey in time until we eventiually played as Desmond but for some reason they've been racing to get to modern day gameplay and I don't know why.

I just don't see why they keep going forward now, at least from AC3 onwards, and in such a narrow time period. Everything just gets too samey. I mean, well I know why they do it, reuse assets and what not. But think about if they jumped from 15th Century Italy to 19th Century London, then to a period BEFORE 1191 in AC1.

God, I can't wait for an AC game that shows us the birth of the Creed. I want it to be gritty, gory, more hand focused, more rustic. *dies*

Namikaze_17
08-01-2015, 07:12 PM
I... just can't take this seriously.

Not with these nostalgia goggles on at any rate.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 08:04 PM

You don't say. It's always up to personal taste.

I get your point ;)

But personally I preferred a character like Ezio ;) <--- don't want a clone though ;)

However Kenway was a welcomed change after Connor ;) Ill admit that ;)
It was nice to have a character that had emotion ;)

steveeire
08-01-2015, 08:22 PM
Its interesting Edward was clearly a deeply flawed individual, but he was still able to get people to follow him and even people who clearly new he was acting like a ****** bag still liked him. I think under all the swagger, charm, passion and ****** baggery, Edward was a good guy he just let his greed get in the way.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Its interesting Edward was clearly a deeply flawed individual, but he was still able to get people to follow him and even people who clearly new he was acting like a ****** bag still liked him. I think under all the swagger, charm, passion and ****** baggery, Edward was a good guy he just let his greed get in the way.

I agree, it was definitely different to have a character who only looked out for themselves ;)

I... just can't take this seriously.

Not with these nostalgia goggles on at any rate.

Can you expand?

Namikaze_17
08-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Can you expand?

Well the OP doesn't create any concrete argument for why AC "is not the same".

Essentially its just: 'blah blah I don't like this blah blah not like Ezio blah blah'

And with that, I can only deem that the nostalgia is talking rather than there being an ACTUAL problem.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Well the OP doesn't create any concrete argument for why AC "is not the same".

Essentially its just: 'blah blah I don't like this blah blah not like Ezio blah blah'

And with that, I can only deem that the nostalgia is talking rather than there being an ACTUAL problem.
I agree the "its not like Ezio" argument" can get boring to hear.

I assume that the OP is talking about the Modern Day story in AC.
Which as we all know is practically non-existent in Unity.
Therefore its not the "same" as say, the first AC.

and that's their argument ;)

steveeire
08-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Well it is not the same, if it was the same we'd be still playing AC2.

Hans684
08-01-2015, 09:46 PM

Unity is a poor AC2 without MD and a black and white story.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-01-2015, 09:49 PM
I have the same feeling. Since the end of the ezio trilogy, I haven't felt like an assassin. I don't know why........Maybe it was the presentation of Connor, Edward and Arno........... I remember watching the AC 3 gameplay for the first time and getting that cool assassin feeling, from Connor. But when I purchased the game, it didn't feel mysterious or exciting. Maybe it was the way he was introduced? Maybe its the MD? The games just don't feel as creative or mysterious anymore...... Cant put it into words............ Maybe AC Unity had a ghost of an assassin feeling, but the game felt boring and cliché. I liked AC 4 but it felt more like a pirate simulator more than an AC game. AC 3 focused way too much on the revolution, and I found Connor rather dull. I grew on him...... but now I just find him average. The Parkour now is insanely spider-manish. no thought is used at all to parkour at all. In AC-AC R you had to look for grips maneuver while you climb. Now its way more automatic than it ever was. Climbing towers isn't as much of a puzzle as it once was.

Im fairly sure Im not blinded by nostalgia, just miss certain aspects of the older games that are now missing.

:rolleyes:

Hans684
08-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Im fairly sure Im not blinded by nostalgia, just miss certain aspects of the older games that are now missing.

What's missing?

EmbodyingSeven5
08-01-2015, 10:37 PM
What's missing?

The mystery and suspense of modern day. The past segements also have less mystery too (Crypts). Also the inclusion of Juno, Minerva etc lacks a little bit.

The at first simple lore is now cluttered and feels like its going nowhere.

The parkour is much more automatic then it was before, and requires less maneuvering.

The newer games excluding AC Unity focused much less on the Assassins vs Templar Plotline and more on the characters personal problems and the time period and its events ( Feels a little forest gumpy) . This isn't always bad because Unity focused more on the conflict and it sucked. I personally think the game needs a balance between the creed and the character.

Unity removed many gameplay mechanics that I liked about past ACs

The variety is also down quite a bit. I'm rather tired of the colonial era by now.

AC 3: Colonial America
AC Liberation: Colonial America
AC Rouge: Colonial America
AC 4/AC Unity: A bit too similar to the look of colonial America)

I do admit AC 2 and AC brotherhoods setting was basically the same, but between AC-AC2-AC Revelations the settings and architecture vary quite a bit.

steveeire
08-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Unity is a poor AC2 without MD and a black and white story.

I suppose it does hit some similar story points, but they all kinda hit similar story points, I don't think Unity is anymore similar to AC2 then it is till the other games.

Hans684
08-01-2015, 11:00 PM
The mystery and suspense of modern day. The past segements also have less mystery too (Crypts). Also the inclusion of Juno, Minerva etc lacks a little bit.

Agree, but that's poor performance, progression and story. Does't make it any less AC, just a bad AC in terms of story, progression and performance.

The at first simple lore is now cluttered and feels like its going nowhere.

It's expanding, the story however isn't going anywhere currently.

The parkour is much more automatic then it was before, and requires less maneuvering.

Practice.

The newer games excluding AC Unity focused much less on the Assassins vs Templar Plotline and more on the characters personal problems and the time period and its events ( Feels a little forest gumpy).

AC - Altaïr's redemption and the A vs T war.

AC2 - Ezio's revenge and the A vs T war.

ACB - Ezio avenging Mario and the A vs T war.

ACR - Knowledge and the A vs T war.

AC3. - AC3 Saving his people and the A vs T war.

AC4BF - Edwards living the creed literally as a Pirate wanting money and the A vs T war.

ACRO - The A vs T war from a Templar perspective.

ACU - Arno's redemption and the A vs T war

Their problems is an important part of character development, it's needed. AC is based on history so using it and it's time period is hardly bad. Sure it can be to much(AC3) or to little and a scandal(ACU) but history is important either way. Just like MD and the First Civ.

This isn't always bad because Unity focused more on the conflict and it sucked. I personally think the game needs a balance between the creed and the character.

Unity removed many gameplay mechanics that I liked about past ACs

Like what?

The variety is also down quite a bit. I'm rather tired of the colonial era by now.

AC Liberation: Colonial America
AC Rouge: Colonial America

We have passed it, your kicking a dead horse and is overcritical.

I do admit AC 2 and AC brotherhoods setting was basically the same, but between AC-AC2-AC Revelations the settings and architecture vary quite a bit.

That's the beauties of AC.

I suppose it does hit some similar story points, but they all kinda hit similar story points, I don't think Unity is anymore similar to AC2 then it is till the other games.

I'm talking about the story only. And no, every game in this series isn't black and white.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-02-2015, 05:06 AM
Agree, but that's poor performance, progression and story. Does't make it any less AC, just a bad AC in terms of story, progression and performance.

Well, MD is a core pillar of AC. If it is lacking or failing, I would say it makes it less AC. It sure does take away the feeling AC is supposed to give you. (Mystery etc.)

It's expanding, the story however isn't going anywhere currently

Expanding makes it sound positive. :p

Practice

:rolleyes: , I meant the automatic style takes away from the fun. Climbing tall buildings was fun for me because the older AC games felt like an open world platformer. Now its way more automatic and the Protag makes insane leaps with little involvement from the player directing the protag towards grips.

AC - Altaïr's redemption and the A vs T war.

AC2 - Ezio's revenge and the A vs T war.

ACB - Ezio avenging Mario and the A vs T war.

ACR - Knowledge and the A vs T war.

AC3. - AC3 Saving his people and the A vs T war.

AC4BF - Edwards living the creed literally as a Pirate wanting money and the A vs T war.

ACRO - The A vs T war from a Templar perspective.

ACU - Arno's redemption and the A vs T war

Their problems is an important part of character development, it's needed. AC is based on history so using it and it's time period is hardly bad. Sure it can be to much(AC3) or to little and a scandal(ACU) but history is important either way. Just like MD and the First Civ.

I agree history is important, but the game needs a balance. The later ACs focused too much on the Protags personal life and the time period. AC 3 felt like I was reading a timeline of the Revolution aloud to myself. I do admit Rogue and Unity focused more on the conflict, but too much for unity. Rogue was a little better but things like Shays sudden transportation to a Templar felt forced and stupid.

Like what?

-Ability to move dead bodies and distract guards
-Ability to pick up the weapons around you
- Hunting
-(This is a small one) Ability to whistle.
-Combat with the Hidden blades and the lack of small weapons and fist fighting combat.
-Loud Assassinations with weapons.

We have passed it, your kicking a dead horse and is overcritical
I wouldn't call it kicking a dead horse.......actually really far from that. AC Syndicate is the first large jump in time period we've had in awhile and it isn't even out yet lol. It is sure as hell isn't "Kicking a dead horse." The whole point is talking about recent AC games, and Unity and Rogue just came out earlier this year. One is in colonial America and the other carries many aspects from the colonial area.

That's the beauties of AC.
Agreed and I hope the next few ACs have more variation

Namikaze_17
08-02-2015, 05:56 AM

but between AC-AC2-AC Revelations the settings and architecture vary quite a bit.

http://img4.meristation.com/files/imagenes/juegos/wiiu/action/assassins_creed_iii/ac3boston.jpg
http://imageslgmr.lazygamer.netdna-cdn.com/2014/10/ACU-paris-skyline.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/xn9qhj.jpg

Yes, they're so similar. :rolleyes:

You've got a point with Rogue and Liberation as they're all in America and share a similarity here and there like how AC2 and ACB do by being in Italy.

But AC3-AC4-ACU is completely false as each can be considered as different from each other like how AC1-AC2-ACR are.

EDIT: What does this have to do with the topic again? Seems like a personal complaint if anything. I apologize for going off-topic.

Hans684
08-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Well, MD is a core pillar of AC. If it is lacking or failing, I would say it makes it less AC. It sure does take away the feeling AC is supposed to give you. (Mystery etc.)

It makes it a badly performed AC that does't progress the story while using all elements like history and the First Civ.

Expanding makes it sound positive. :p

The lore is expanding.

:rolleyes: , I meant the automatic style takes away from the fun. Climbing tall buildings was fun for me because the older AC games felt like an open world platformer. Now its way more automatic and the Protag makes insane leaps with little involvement from the player directing the protag towards grips.

Fair enough.

I agree history is important, but the game needs a balance.

That's fair.

The later ACs focused too much on the Protags personal life and the time period.

Of course the game focuses on that, the protagonist like any other person has their own problems. It's his memories after all, AC2 is another personal problem story since it's all about Ezio and his revenge, the A vs T war isn't the main focus. Ezio is like Arno is.

AC 3 felt like I was reading a timeline of the Revolution aloud to myself.

I agree it's to much in AC3 but at least it took advantage of it's history.

I do admit Rogue and Unity focused more on the conflict, but too much for unity.

Unity is Arno's redemption story, like AC2 he is the focus. Not the war.

Rogue was a little better but things like Shays sudden transportation to a Templar felt forced and stupid.

Getting the robes =/= becoming X member of secret society. Shay didn't become one until he assassinated the one of the key members of Achilles Brotherhood. It's not sudden. He did destroy a city so how things went down makes sense, unless you don't care about the city but more about the Assassins.

-Ability to move dead bodies and distract guards

Returned. I'm pretty sure the only game without that is Unity.

-Ability to pick up the weapons around you

Not returned. Rogue is the last game with it.

- Hunting

Same as above.

-(This is a small one) Ability to whistle.

Returned. Unity and AC is the only ones without it.

-Combat with the Hidden blades and the lack of small weapons and fist fighting combat.

Rogue is the last with it.

-Loud Assassinations with weapons.

Same as above.

I wouldn't call it kicking a dead horse.......actually really far from that. AC Syndicate is the first large jump in time period we've had in awhile and it isn't even out yet lol. It is sure as hell isn't "Kicking a dead horse." The whole point is talking about recent AC games, and Unity and Rogue just came out earlier this year. One is in colonial America and the other carries many aspects from the colonial area.

We have passed it and Nami's post sums it up. You're kicking a dead horse and is overcritical on the case.

Agreed and I hope the next few ACs have more variation

Nami's post. It's still there.

Jessigirl2013
08-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Unity is a poor AC2 without MD and a black and white story. You cant deny the graphics are great though ;) I agree with your point though;)
The mystery and suspense of modern day. The past segements also have less mystery too (Crypts). Also the inclusion of Juno, Minerva etc lacks a little bit. The at first simple lore is now cluttered and feels like its going nowhere. The parkour is much more automatic then it was before, and requires less maneuvering. The newer games excluding AC Unity focused much less on the Assassins vs Templar Plotline and more on the characters personal problems and the time period and its events ( Feels a little forest gumpy) . This isn't always bad because Unity focused more on the conflict and it sucked. I personally think the game needs a balance between the creed and the character. Unity removed many gameplay mechanics that I liked about past ACs The variety is also down quite a bit. I'm rather tired of the colonial era by now. AC 3: Colonial America AC Liberation: Colonial America AC Rouge: Colonial America AC 4/AC Unity: A bit too similar to the look of colonial America) I do admit AC 2 and AC brotherhoods setting was basically the same, but between AC-AC2-AC Revelations the settings and architecture vary quite a bit. I agree the modern day has been poor IMO since the end of ACIII and has gone nowhere really. I'm all with you about the suspense too ;)

poptartz20
08-02-2015, 02:47 PM
umm... I can completely understand if you mean modern day story and the lore not being the same because they really are non existent I can't even remember modern day in Unity right now. but as for the rest of AC it's adapted to its time period. Ezio was not the end all be all to this series.

Jessigirl2013
08-02-2015, 03:44 PM
umm... I can completely understand if you mean modern day story and the lore not being the same because they really are non existent I can't even remember modern day in Unity right now. but as for the rest of AC it's adapted to its time period. Ezio was not the end all be all to this series.

The modern day in Unity just added little information to information you already know ;) But it assumes you don't because you are a different "character".

I also agree that Ezio shouldn't be compared to every protagonist ;) I actually liked Arno ;)

EmbodyingSeven5
08-02-2015, 06:26 PM
It makes it a badly performed AC that does't progress the story while using all elements like history and the First Civ.

Yes. For me this takes away from the whole experience. Making it a less of an AC.

The lore is expanding.

Is it bad that every time you use the word expanding, for the lore I laugh hysterically? I think they have no stories to tell, so they keep adding on to the list of artifacts in the world like the PoE. Its making them redundant, and less exciting to find.

Fair enough

.............Is that it?

Of course the game focuses on that, the protagonist like any other person has their own problems. It's his memories after all, AC2 is another personal problem story since it's all about Ezio and his revenge, the A vs T war isn't the main focus. Ezio is like Arno is.

Ezios, Arnos and Altiars main problems take place in the backseat of the Assassin VS Templar narrative. Connor and Edward take the wheel and drive their own story. It just so happens each of their smaller problems in the story revolve around killing Templars. The Templars want Connors peoples land? Edward just so happens to kill a few Templars as he goes around pirating? In the older stories the protag was sent after the Templars by their mentors and or master. I felt like an Assassin. Now the characters claim they Assassins, and go around doing whatever the F**k they want until they stumble across a Templar.

Getting the robes =/= becoming X member of secret society. Shay didn't become one until he assassinated the one of the key members of Achilles Brotherhood. It's not sudden. He did destroy a city so how things went down makes sense, unless you don't care about the city but more about the Assassins.

He gets back to Davenport and starts spatting accusations at Achillies before taking off killing some of his fellow Assassins. He didn't even wait to get answers! It was stupid and rushed.

Returned. I'm pretty sure the only game without that is Unity.
Not returned. Rogue is the last game with it.
Same as above

You told me to make a list about what was missing form Unity. Were not talking about Syndicate or Rogue.

We have passed it and Nami's post sums it up. You're kicking a dead horse and is overcritical on the case

One of the last AC games was set in colonial America. This thread is talking about how recent ACs didn't have Variation........because they didn't. Im not talking about Syndicate, a game that's not even out yet. How is complaining about setting variation being overcritical?

Nami's post. It's still there.
Could you link it in?

Jessigirl2013
08-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Yes. For me this takes away from the whole experience. Making it a less of an AC.

Is it bad that every time you use the word expanding, for the lore I laugh hysterically? I think they have no stories to tell, so they keep adding on to the list of artifacts in the world like the PoE. Its making them redundant, and less exciting to find.

.............Is that it?

Ezios, Arnos and Altiars main problems take place in the backseat of the Assassin VS Templar narrative. Connor and Edward take the wheel and drive their own story. It just so happens each of their smaller problems in the story revolve around killing Templars. The Templars want Connors peoples land? Edward just so happens to kill a few Templars as he goes around pirating? In the older stories the protag was sent after the Templars by their mentors and or master. I felt like an Assassin. Now the characters claim they Assassins, and go around doing whatever the F**k they want until they stumble across a Templar.

He gets back to Davenport and starts spatting accusations at Achillies before taking off killing some of his fellow Assassins. He didn't even wait to get answers! It was stupid and rushed.

You told me to make a list about what was missing form Unity. Were not talking about Syndicate or Rogue.

One of the last AC games was set in colonial America. This thread is talking about how recent ACs didn't have Variation........because they didn't. Im not talking about Syndicate, a game that's not even out yet. How is complaining about setting variation being overcritical?

Could you link it in?
I agree,
Also I know the whistles back but why it is an item?:confused:
Seems a bit of a faff when it was a button prompt before, could change as it was in the alpha:confused:

I'm hoping its still a button prompt as well, and you can use it as an item when your not in cover.
Otherwise that will get annoying quick ;)

EmbodyingSeven5
08-02-2015, 07:33 PM
I agree,
Also I know the whistles back but why it is an item?:confused:
Seems a bit of a faff when it was a button prompt before, could change as it was in the alpha:confused:

I'm hoping its still a button prompt as well, and you can use it as an item when your not in cover.
Otherwise that will get annoying quick ;)
Really? That's a tad bit strange. Does this mean we can use whistle anywhere we want?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120926042053/assassinscreed/images/5/59/Boston_docks_in-game.jpg
http://img4.meristation.com/files/imagenes/juegos/wiiu/action/assassins_creed_iii/ac3boston.jpg
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/VscBWRymi99E6ISu-wUlPdAd_CY=/0x0:1814x1020/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/43091524/ACU_Screen_ParisRooftop_E3_140609_4pmPST_140214377 0.0.0.jpg
http://imageslgmr.lazygamer.netdna-cdn.com/2014/10/ACU-paris-skyline.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/xn9qhj.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/d/d4/AC4-Sea_shanty.jpg

Yes, they're so similar. :rolleyes:

You've got a point with Rogue and Liberation as they're all in America and share a similarity here and there like how AC2 and ACB do by being in Italy.

But AC3-AC4-ACU is completely false as each can be considered as different from each other like how AC1-AC2-ACR are.

EDIT: What does this have to do with the topic again? Seems like a personal complaint if anything. I apologize for going off-topic.

Oh, I apologize. Seeing those images makes me feel rather dumb:p . Maybe its just the damn colonial guards I keep imagining in my head when I think setting. I'm ready for a new era so Syndicate is exciting in that regard.

Jessigirl2013
08-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Really? That's a tad bit strange. Does this mean we can use whistle anywhere we want?

Seems like it.
Would much prefer it as a button action though...
It would be annoying to keep having to select it, and screw up a lot when you forget.;)

Oh, I apologize. Seeing those images makes me feel rather dumb:p . Maybe its just the damn colonial guards I keep imagining in my head when I think setting. I'm ready for a new era so Syndicate is exciting in that regard.

The Templars are brits ;) so they'll sound more evil!

EmbodyingSeven5
08-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Seems like it.
Would much prefer it as a button action though...
It would be annoying to keep having to select it, and screw up a lot when you forget.;)
I was already doing that witht he pistol (:
Really want the weapon wheel from AC 2 - 3

Jessigirl2013
08-02-2015, 09:22 PM
I was already doing that witht he pistol (:
Really want the weapon wheel from AC 2 - 3

I actually prefer it being like Unity, Syndicate, BF and RG because it obstructs less of the screen ;)
Personal preference I think ;)

Edit- ACIII and revelations was awful IMO ;) <--- ACIII was worse! It paused the game!
In ACIII, from what I remember, It was a nightmare to get the bow and guns to ever work!;)

steveeire
08-02-2015, 09:26 PM
I also prefer weapon wheels, but there should also be a quick select just not as cluttered, maybe have two slots assigned to each of the directional buttons on the dpad, and allow you to assign what goes into them.

Jessigirl2013
08-02-2015, 09:27 PM
I also prefer weapon wheels, but there should also be a quick select just not as cluttered, maybe have two slots assigned to each of the directional buttons on the dpad, and allow you to assign what goes into them.

Why the preference for weapon wheels?;)
Just curious.

steveeire
08-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Because its quicker to choose something from a weapon wheel than it is to cycle through all your items and weapons using the Dpad, also it pauses combat for a split second giving people a moment to think, never needed a moment myself but I can understand why people like it.

Weapon wheels work thats why they have become so popular.

Jessigirl2013
08-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Because its quicker to choose something from a weapon wheel than it is to cycle through all your items and weapons using the Dpad, also it pauses combat for a split second giving people a moment to think, never needed a moment myself but I can understand why people like it.

Weapon wheels work thats why they have become so popular.

I understand your point ;)
I think its just personal preference.

Looks like there no weapon wheel in Syndicate though. ;)

EmbodyingSeven5
08-02-2015, 10:40 PM

Didn't really like AC 3s that much because it took you out of the game to some sort of pause style menu, While in AC 2 - R it was a simple wheel that popped in and out.

steveeire
08-02-2015, 10:45 PM
I meant the type that was in AC2 and ACB

Jessigirl2013
08-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Didn't really like AC 3s that much because it took you out of the game to some sort of pause style menu, While in AC 2 - R it was a simple wheel that popped in and out.

I agree ;)
I never got on with ACIII weapons menu or the weapons ;)
The guns and bow were a chore to get Connor to fire them ;) <---- Could be I was just bad at the controls.;) <--- Most likely

pacmanate
08-03-2015, 02:51 PM
I can see why weapon wheel vs D-Pad can never have a clear winner. Its personal preference and there are pros and cons of both.

I think I would still have to go with the D-Pad though, just because I really don't like the game being paused.

I am glad that AC Syndicate is using a batman style combat system though. I read on gamespot that you can quickfire gadgets in combat now.

Jessigirl2013
08-03-2015, 03:52 PM
I can see why weapon wheel vs D-Pad can never have a clear winner. Its personal preference and there are pros and cons of both.

I think I would still have to go with the D-Pad though, just because I really don't like the game being paused.

I am glad that AC Syndicate is using a batman style combat system though. I read on gamespot that you can quickfire gadgets in combat now.

You could before couldn't you? :confused:
I agree about the weapon wheel though, I prefer the game not to be paused or obstructed.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-03-2015, 07:47 PM
You could before couldn't you? :confused:
I agree about the weapon wheel though, I prefer the game not to be paused or obstructed.

Cant wait to quick-fire Whistle in combat

pacmanate
08-03-2015, 07:48 PM
Cant wait to quick-fire Whistle in combat

Maybe you can use it to make everyone stop fighting as a rest break :p

EmbodyingSeven5
08-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Maybe you can use it to make everyone stop fighting as a rest break :p

I hope insulting your enemies returns with Jacob, he seems like someone who would do that.

Jessigirl2013
08-03-2015, 09:39 PM
I hope insulting your enemies returns with Jacob, he seems like someone who would do that.

I agree ;)
What AC game got rid of that?:confused:

Locopells
08-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Hasn't been seen since Revelations, I think.

EmbodyingSeven5
08-04-2015, 02:43 AM

Makes sense. I couldn't see Connor doing something like that.

Jessigirl2013
08-04-2015, 07:26 PM
Ah thanks ;)

Makes sense. I couldn't see Connor doing something like that.
;)
Good point,
Imagine if there was a mod for that. :rolleyes:

RzaRecta357
08-05-2015, 04:12 PM
I agree in a... The modern day being missing hurts it. The stories are starting to be kinda bad. Didn't mind Unity but it was like nothing happened and that modern day was garbage.