Hans684
07-28-2015, 03:53 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kQI6TuSP2GQ

Jessigirl2013
07-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Meh..

Jon253
07-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Thanks, I was looking for this panel. I wonder why the video is set to unlisted? No wonder I couldn't find it before.

Jessigirl2013
07-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Thanks, I was looking for this panel. I wonder why the video is set to unlisted? No wonder I couldn't find it before.

They have done it with a bunch of AC Syndicate related videos ;)

This is another one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYnW9U7aNUM

Its because they are getting so many negative comments and many ^ like the one above have already got more dislikes that likes.:mad:

UBI what have you got to hide!!!!!:mad:

BananaBlighter
07-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Wait...did Côté say that multi-counters are back? I thought we only had multi-finishers, and I'm pretty sure he didn't mean these when he said it, seeing as he used both in the same sentence.

To people who played the demo or have watched a lot of demo footage: Was the player ever attacked by multiple enemies?

It is possible that it wasn't in the demo (maybe it only happens with certain weapons equipped). I'd be pretty glad if it were back because it was sooooo satisfying in earlier games. Fortunately, this doesn't necessarily make the combat easier, as of course, a counter doesn't mean an insta-kill.

Jessigirl2013
07-30-2015, 06:39 PM
Wait...did Côté say that multi-counters are back? I thought we only had multi-finishers, and I'm pretty sure he didn't mean these when he said it, seeing as he used both in the same sentence.

To people who played the demo or have watched a lot of demo footage: Was the player ever attacked by multiple enemies?

It is possible that it wasn't in the demo (maybe it only happens with certain weapons equipped). I'd be pretty glad if it were back because it was sooooo satisfying in earlier games. Fortunately, this doesn't necessarily make the combat easier, as of course, a counter doesn't mean an insta-kill.

Nope ;) I'm assuming you mean they attack at the same time?
Combat seems a lot faster, but I wouldn't say harder. Just means more button mashing:confused: guess Ubi think people find that hard ;)

BananaBlighter
07-30-2015, 09:09 PM
Nope ;) I'm assuming you mean they attack at the same time?
Combat seems a lot faster, but I wouldn't say harder. Just means more button mashing:confused: guess Ubi think people find that hard ;)

Yes I did mean at the same time, sorry if it wasn't clear. Definitely agree that combat looks too easy and button mashy, though being the optimistic guy I am, I assumed it was made easier for the demo, as someone (I think it was Assassin_M) suggested.

Jessigirl2013
07-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Yes I did mean at the same time, sorry if it wasn't clear. Definitely agree that combat looks too easy and button mashy, though being the optimistic guy I am, I assumed it was made easier for the demo, as someone (I think it was Assassin_M) suggested.

I agree,
I'm also hoping they increase the variety of enemy gang NPCs.

I'm sick of seeing the same generic bald dude! :mad:

Does this bug anyone else?;)
In previous game guards and such wore uniforms so it disguised the duplicated NPCs but in Syndicate they stick out like a sore thumb.:confused:

Shahkulu101
07-31-2015, 08:43 AM
So the panel reveals that Jacob and Evie's parents die. Why the obsession with dead parents? Well at least it's not the centre of the game...

EmptyCrustacean
07-31-2015, 08:48 AM
So the panel reveals that Jacob and Evie's parents die. Why the obsession with dead parents? Well at least it's not the centre of the game...

Spoilers!!! I didn't need to know that.

Namikaze_17
07-31-2015, 11:46 AM

While the obsession is overdone, I'm glad it's going the Edward route with the parents.

D.I.D.
07-31-2015, 03:30 PM

It's a cheap way to make a killer heroic - you make this tenuous justification for their violence. You never have to confront whether the killer is really a nice person or not because you Lukeskywalkered them at the start.

It's a way to tie an adult character back to being a child. If your market is trying to sell a game to adults and also *wink, wink* NOT CHILDREN, NO, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN then including dead parents serves to place a grown-up character within the range of a child's emotional imagination. It keeps the character relatable to them. Some children wish their parents were dead, some are terrified their parents will die, and some are permanently scarred by the death and/or separation of one or both parents. Lasso them all with this handy Bat Gadget.

Jessigirl2013
07-31-2015, 04:02 PM
Spoilers!!! I didn't need to know that.

I agree ;)

Even UBI made this mistake and revealed it on one of their demos:mad:

Notice how many dislikes that video has ;) and the comments ;) there vicious!

^ no wonder UBI unlisted it from their official channel. Seems odd though UBI!
What have they got to hide:mad:

And the cutscene audio wasn't working ;) #Wellprofesh ;)

Shahkulu101
08-01-2015, 09:52 AM
It's a cheap way to make a killer heroic - you make this tenuous justification for their violence. You never have to confront whether the killer is really a nice person or not because you Lukeskywalkered them at the start.

It's a way to tie an adult character back to being a child. If your market is trying to sell a game to adults and also *wink, wink* NOT CHILDREN, NO, WHY WOULD YOU EVEN then including dead parents serves to place a grown-up character within the range of a child's emotional imagination. It keeps the character relatable to them. Some children wish their parents were dead, some are terrified their parents will die, and some are permanently scarred by the death and/or separation of one or both parents. Lasso them all with this handy Bat Gadget.

You are brilliant.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 12:48 PM
You are brilliant.

good point

EmptyCrustacean
08-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I agree ;)

Just watched that video for the first time. WHy so many dislikes?! Why are the comments so harsh?! Am I missing something?

SixKeys
08-01-2015, 03:08 PM

Good point, but it's kinda hard to balance the story with their parents still alive. If they're alive, it raises questions about how they feel about their child being an assassin. In Haytham's case, it meant making him the second protagonist of Connor's story. In Ezio's case, even though his mother survived, they essentially decommissioned her by making her so traumatized she couldn't interact with her son for all of AC2. In Altaïr's case, the parents were said to be alive but we never met them and he didn't care about them, until the retcon in The Secret Crusade when Altaïr's dad suddenly took up center stage in his son's life, creating a superfluous motivation for another revenge story.

If the hero's parents are alive, you either have to make them unaware of their child's activities as an assassin (creating a moral dilemma) or you have to pull them into the story by making them aware and accepting/disapproving, overcomplicating the plot. It's much easier to just remove the parents out of the equation entirely so you won't have to sidetrack the hero's story.

Farlander1991
08-01-2015, 03:18 PM
In Altaïr's case, the parents were said to be alive but we never met them and he didn't care about them

Altair's parents were never mentioned or alluded to neither in AC1 nor in AC2 codex. He was son of none, after all :D

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Just watched that video for the first time. WHy so many dislikes?! Why are the comments so harsh?! Am I missing something?

I think people are just getting tired of AC going downhill.
The fact that UBI unlisted the video just shows that they cant even take criticism ;)
All I want is a decent MD, and the logic of gang wars to be changed.

The gang strongholds in this game also baffle me.:confused:

"Yeah I murdered your friends brutally in front of you. Now cheer and shout in joy as I now announced you work for me now";)
I mean really ......

Even in Black Flag when you boarded ships the crew didn't do this. They were held at gunpoint. ;)

I hope they change this in Syndicate to Jacob saying it grimly while holding his pistol. And it cuts to them looking like they have no choice. <---- An idea UBI!
Does this bug anyone else?:mad:

Mr_Shade
08-01-2015, 03:45 PM
The gang strongholds in this game also baffle me.:confused:

"Yeah I murdered your friends brutally in front of you. Now cheer and shout in joy as I now announced you work for me now";)
I mean really ......

The gangs would have been ruled with threats and violence - people in them may not have had much choice but to be part of them.. Jacob offered them an escape..

Maybe ;)

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 04:20 PM
The gangs would have been ruled with threats and violence - people in them may not have had much choice but to be part of them.. Jacob offered them an escape..

Maybe ;)

It just looks so ridiculous in the demo ;)

Even the screenshots make more sense!
http://images.cgames.de/images/idgwpgsgp/bdb/2650044/600x338.jpg

I'm hoping it gets changed to a shot like in the screenshot!;)

Does it annoy anyone else ;)

EmptyCrustacean
08-01-2015, 04:35 PM
I agree ;)

Just watched that video for the first time. Why so many dislikes?! Why are the comments so harsh?! Am I missing something?

Hans684
08-01-2015, 05:50 PM

Maybe ;)

And Jacob gets them to work for him with threats(his rival gang) and violence when running around killing countless members before he takes out their boss. Then he himself become their boss, so no matter what happens they are under threats and in violence. So they won't have a choice regardless.

Mr_Shade
08-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Maybe it's all due to jelly beans ;)

SixKeys
08-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Altair's parents were never mentioned or alluded to neither in AC1 nor in AC2 codex. He was son of none, after all :D

Not true. From the Codex:

"Some days I miss my family... or at least the thought of them. I never knew my parents well, despite them both having lived within these walls. It was our way. Perhaps they were sad, though they showed no sign – it was not allowed. For my part, so much of my youth was spent in training, there was little time left to reflect upon the separation. And so when they were finally lost to me, it seemed no different than the passing of two strangers. Al Mualim had been as my father, and his was a weak and dishonest love, though at the time it seem enough – better, even. Or so I thought. Someday I will have a child – such is the way of our Order. And I will not make the same mistake. Nor any who call themselves an Assassin. We shall be allowed to love our children – and, in turn, to be loved. Al Mualim believed such attachments would weaken us – cause us to falter when our lives were on the line. But if we truly fight for what is just, does love not make such sacrifice simpler – knowing that we do so for their gain?"

Farlander1991
08-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Not true. From the Codex:

"Some days I miss my family... or at least the thought of them. I never knew my parents well, despite them both having lived within these walls. It was our way. Perhaps they were sad, though they showed no sign – it was not allowed. For my part, so much of my youth was spent in training, there was little time left to reflect upon the separation. And so when they were finally lost to me, it seemed no different than the passing of two strangers. Al Mualim had been as my father, and his was a weak and dishonest love, though at the time it seem enough – better, even. Or so I thought. Someday I will have a child – such is the way of our Order. And I will not make the same mistake. Nor any who call themselves an Assassin. We shall be allowed to love our children – and, in turn, to be loved. Al Mualim believed such attachments would weaken us – cause us to falter when our lives were on the line. But if we truly fight for what is just, does love not make such sacrifice simpler – knowing that we do so for their gain?"

Oh, my mistake then. I didn't reread the Codex fully on my last replaythrough of AC2 apparently. But they still weren't mentioned in AC1 at all :rolleyes:

Though that excerpt makes the decision to make Altair's parents (or at least father) assassins even weirder, as even in training they wouldn't really be separated that much.

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 08:07 PM
And Jacob gets them to work for him with threats(his rival gang) and violence when running around killing countless members before he takes out their boss. Then he himself become their boss, so no matter what happens they are under threats and in violence. So they won't have a choice regardless.

Its the way they cheer though! :mad:

These are GANGS! Did UBI think gangs were that different back then to how they are now!:confused:

Just seems laughable IMO ;)