PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed by TellTale Games?

BUMCFKSZY
07-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Would You guys like to see AC done by the creators of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Amoung Us? With all this complaining about story in recent installments I think it would be cool to play AC focus ONLY on story, without open world, side activities and other unnecessary distractions.

Hans684
07-27-2015, 09:49 PM
As long as we get several seasons, the story needs progress. Especially after the disaster Unity is.

ajl992015
07-27-2015, 09:52 PM
I think this would be a great way to complete the stores of past characters like connor or shay. so that they get some closure. it could look similar to ac embers but basically be an interactive movie.

Jessigirl2013
07-27-2015, 09:52 PM
It would be cool ;)
As long as it was released as an addition and not instead of a main AC game.

I have a stabbing addiction I have to feed ;)

JamesFaith007
07-27-2015, 10:28 PM
To be honest, big NO.

I'm already so much tired by Telltale games that I don't want them to parasite on another franchise, especially one I like.

Jessigirl2013
07-27-2015, 10:34 PM
To be honest, big NO.

I'm already so much tired by Telltale games that I don't want them to parasite on another franchise, especially one I like.

Didn't they do the Game of thrones game <----- Reading that looks odd

JamesFaith007
07-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Didn't they do the Game of thrones game <----- Reading that looks odd

Yes, they did.

And they also made game based on CSI: Las Vegas, Jurassic park, Walking Dead, Fables, Borderland and there are Minecraft and Marvel game on way.

VoXngola
07-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Absolutely not. It belongs to the experience and shouldn't be cut out. It wouldn't feel right.

dxsxhxcx
07-28-2015, 01:40 AM
I'm not very fond of the idea because IMO the franchise has nothing to gain by doing that. (and because this franchise is already being milked enough as it is)

Hans684
07-28-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm not very fond of the idea because IMO the franchise has nothing to gain by doing that. (and because this franchise is already being milked enough as it is)

It can get the story on track, something Ubisoft seems to have problems with.

Anykeyer
07-28-2015, 10:17 AM
It can get the story on track

Or finally bury its rotten corpse

VestigialLlama4
07-28-2015, 10:20 AM
I think AC does storytelling better than TellTale Games. I can't stand old school adventure games, they are really slow movies and nothing else.

Hans684
07-28-2015, 10:39 AM

AC is turning in to a zombie, blow it's brains out or find a cure before you become one yourself.

ze_topazio
07-28-2015, 02:35 PM
There's a reason why I don't play Telltale's games, and the reason is that I like to play games and not simply press X for the next cutscene.

dxsxhxcx
07-28-2015, 03:27 PM
It can get the story on track, something Ubisoft seems to have problems with.

create a completely different game to fix the story would be the epitome of incompetence.

Hans684
07-28-2015, 03:54 PM
create a completely different game to fix the story would be the epitome of incompetence.

AC isn't limited by a curtain style

Sushiglutton
07-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Not really a fan of Telltale even though I played through WDs1 and had a good time. I just think that their type of storytelling is somewhat of a dead end. I think what Naughty Dog and others are doing is much more interesting.

At this point the franhcise is also a bit weak. Oversaturating more before getting the core series on track is probably not a great idea. That said they are making a movie and 2d games, so I don't really see why they shouldn't do a Telltale-like game as well for the people who enjoy that sort of stuff.

Jessigirl2013
07-28-2015, 05:32 PM

I agree,
It has more potential of killing the MD than what it has to gain

Hans684
07-28-2015, 07:51 PM
I agree,
It has more potential of killing the MD than what it has to gain

Nah, you're not ambitious enough. Anything has potential, it's all about finding out how to do it.

LoyalACFan
07-28-2015, 10:49 PM
I love Telltale, but for me this is a big OH HEEEEELLLLL NO.

Like others have already said, the series is milked enough without being stuck into a completely different format to "straighten the story out," but also, AC is supposed to be all about the fantasy of actually being an Assassin. If you strip away the open-world historical environments, the stealth, the combat, and the parkour, you'd just be exposing the fact that AC's overarching lore has turned into a pathetic and preposterous jumble of sci-fi history BS that relies completely on historical tourism to prop itself up.

Sorrosyss
07-29-2015, 12:56 PM
Mmm. I think this revolves back to my feelings that I have with the Chronicles games. For me, the Open World gameplay is one of the biggest draws to the franchise. Be it a 2D scroller, or a telltale game, it is not the format that I primarily enjoy.

But on the other hand, I feel the franchise is big enough to warrant stories outside of what the main game series does. If it did not impact on the development of the main titles, then as with Chronicles, it can add a tangible benefit. For example, we have comics, novels, a few short films. They all add something, and given the choice between an inanimate comic story, or a full voice acted telltale game - then naturally I'd take the latter.

Jessigirl2013
07-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Mmm. I think this revolves back to my feelings that I have with the Chronicles games. For me, the Open World gameplay is one of the biggest draws to the franchise. Be it a 2D scroller, or a telltale game, it is not the format that I primarily enjoy.

But on the other hand, I feel the franchise is big enough to warrant stories outside of what the main game series does. If it did not impact on the development of the main titles, then as with Chronicles, it can add a tangible benefit. For example, we have comics, novels, a few short films. They all add something, and given the choice between an inanimate comic story, or a full voice acted telltale game - then naturally I'd take the latter.

I agree the chronicles 2D don't really have the same allure as the 3D games.