PDA

View Full Version : I just killed my controller because of AC

Tyrhydion
07-26-2015, 04:52 PM
I have no words for how much I hate Assassins Creed (1). Everything about this game is absolutely awful. However, I felt like I have to have the final achievement with the 60 Templar kills (the one that glitched on me already twice). So after my frustrations have finally cooled down after 3 or 4 years not playing the game, I was ready for a third re-run.

So far everything went well with the Templars, got 54, still 6 remaining in Accre and Jerusalem. However, you cannot proceed without playing the main mission and the 3rd assassination contract in Damascus is particularly painful. The sword feels like a butter knife, the camera angles are everywhere but never supportive, the influx of enemies never stops. For killing one, you get three more. Completely overrun by enemies! My health bar is like ice in the sunshine and I can't escape a fight, because of getting constantly pushed down and hit.

After the 5th or so attempt to finish this terrible mission, I couldn't control my anger and smashed my controller and pulled out the connecting cord. I never knew I had such anger issues, but nevertheless I feel relieved and relaxed now.

Assassins Creed is terrible. All Assassins Creed Games are moreorless frustrating, glitchy and unfair, but I got all achievements and 100% with all of them, except for Brotherhood and Revelations. At least I didn't kill my XBOX, controllers can be replaced.

Jessigirl2013
07-26-2015, 05:01 PM
That's what happens to a "first" in a franchise. ACII learned a lot ;)

At some point older ACs will probably be remastered with HD graphics.

king-hailz
07-26-2015, 05:03 PM
When I first played I felt the same. But I found a way past it. AC2 is not frustrating at all though. However worse then your case is with me and Assassins Creed Unity. I was playing on my PS4 and I was doing the rift missions and I threw my PS4 controller which costs more than double than your one. I just couldn't stand that they expected me to do a mission that was based on the free running when the control have become so terrible lately.

Tyrhydion
07-26-2015, 05:12 PM
AC2 is fantastic. But that was just a bait to get me buy AC1.........

My theory is that they made AC2 fantastic in order to lure the fans to buy the first game as well. Otherwise they could have just recalled this game from the market and grounded the CD's.

ACU was really easy, I don't remember any specific problem. Especially the rift sessions were fun. However, I am so not ready for yet another new AC. I haven't bought a single game yet this year, and I am eyeing on Dishonored 2, Uncharted 4 rather than on ACV. What I saw in the previews so far, did not get me.

Jessigirl2013
07-26-2015, 05:29 PM

My theory is that they made AC2 fantastic in order to lure the fans to buy the first game as well. Otherwise they could have just recalled this game from the market and grounded the CD's.

ACU was really easy, I don't remember any specific problem. Especially the rift sessions were fun. However, I am so not ready for yet another new AC. I haven't bought a single game yet this year, and I am eyeing on Dishonored 2, Uncharted 4 rather than on ACV. What I saw in the previews so far, did not get me.

Really....

You think they made ACII better using input from fans, In order to make them purchase the first game they already played. :confused:
You do know that 1 is before 2, right?

Unity had a good past story but the modern day was abysmal and insulting fans that have followed the story since the start. :mad:Since ACIII Initiates has had more modern day story that the AC games themselves!:mad:

ACV? I'm assuming you mean Syndicate which would be VI not V. But they have stopped doing the numbered thing after Black Flag.
I agree as a British gal Syndicates empty streets and bad accents do put me off!:mad:

Tyrhydion
07-26-2015, 05:33 PM
Well, I haven't played AC1 when I bought AC2 and ACB. It would've been fairer for me if the first game was already forbidden and abolished. However, it wasn't and I got tricked into buying it, after my first bromance with Ezio. Epic failure!

TO_M
07-26-2015, 05:41 PM
Sorry to say OP but you sound a bit nooby to me. It's because of people like you Ubi keeps feeling the need to reduce combat difficulty.

Cry more please.

Jessigirl2013
07-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Well, I haven't played AC1 when I bought AC2 and ACB. It would've been fairer for me if the first game was already forbidden and abolished. However, it wasn't and I got tricked into buying it, after my first bromance with Ezio. Epic failure!

Fair point ! No protagonist can beat the golden boy Ezio! ;)

steveeire
07-26-2015, 05:49 PM

Didn't they give AC1 away free there a while back?

Also on the controller issue, have you guys tried playing Unity then play the games backwards till AC1, I find it hard to adjust the older control schemes.

Jessigirl2013
07-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Didn't they give AC1 away free there a while back?

Also on the controller issue, have you guys tried playing Unity then play the games backwards till AC1, I find it hard to adjust the older control schemes.

Yeah on console I think ... PSN or games for gold

I agree, ACI controls are the hardest I find.

Tyrhydion
07-31-2015, 08:21 PM
Yay, I finally got my last 3 achievements :D

No templar glitch anymore..... and all talks with Lucy.... and 50 combo kills.... w00t !!

Jessigirl2013
07-31-2015, 09:18 PM
Congrats ;)

looks like the thread will close now ;)

HDinHB
07-31-2015, 10:27 PM
Random replies:

I'm not sure why the OP is complaining about achievements, PS3 didn't even get trophies :(
AC1 was included free with some copies of ACR for PS3
I tried going back and forth being Unity and Rogue, but the difference in control schemes was hard to adapt to
OP, did you get an on-screen message "Your ancestor did not kill controllers"?

Jessigirl2013
07-31-2015, 11:01 PM
Random replies:

I'm not sure why the OP is complaining about achievements, PS3 didn't even get trophies :(
AC1 was included free with some copies of ACR for PS3
I tried going back and forth being Unity and Rogue, but the difference in control schemes was hard to adapt to
OP, did you get an on-screen message "Your ancestor did not kill controllers"?

I agree with you about Unity and Rogue.
I play Rogue way more than Unity <---- For obvious reasons.
So Syndicate is probably going to be hard to adapt to. ;)