PDA

View Full Version : GT: Top 10 series that deserves to die

Sushiglutton
07-26-2015, 03:44 PM
Guess what's number 1 :confused:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOXU80FhaU

king-hailz
07-26-2015, 03:50 PM
I couldn't agree more. I noticed while replaying AC2, I enjoyed things within the game play that now feel like a chore. Like the free running and movement in general I now just run and go towards my mission to finish the story but in the older games I actually take enjoyment in going to the mission. It's a clear sign that mechanics are getting stale and that it's time to make something completely new, that revolutionises gaming like this franchise did almost 10 years ago.

Sushiglutton
07-26-2015, 03:59 PM
I couldn't agree more. I noticed while replaying AC2, I enjoyed things within the game play that now feel like a chore. Like the free running and movement in general I now just run and go towards my mission to finish the story but in the older games I actually take enjoyment in going to the mission. It's a clear sign that mechanics are getting stale and that it's time to make something completely new, that revolutionises gaming like this franchise did almost 10 years ago.

Yeah time to take the "history is our playground" more literally and create a new history IP!

king-hailz
07-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Yeah time to take the "history is our playground" more literally and create a new history IP!

Yeah but it doesn't have to have a new franchise where each game is set in a new period in history. They can just have 1 characters story throughout 3 games in the same place with no AssassinVTemplar plot dragging then down. I don't need a history game anymore. I've got that with Ancestors... I need something new and by new I mean new!

VestigialLlama4
07-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Asking for certain brands to "die" is short-sighted and unrealistic in the gaming industry. The ideal thing is to go out there and create as many new kinds of games as possible. The truth of the matter for most developers, the long term goal for their careers is to create an IP and a bunch of sequels that hopefully will allow them to do a bunch of stuff. Now its true that most IP have limits in concept and potential. Even Assassin's Creed has its limits for certain kinds of stories and historical events and places.

Having said all that, I can understand up to a point why say, GTA should "die", or Zelda should "die" but I cannot understand why AC should die, since it has barely tapped a third of the potential of its concept. In GTA, with San Andreas they went as far as they could go with the sandbox/mission/criminal/outlaw fantasy. GTA 4 and its expansions were a more "realistic" variation of the same. GTA V introduced multiple protagonists but did not create a story or conditions to properly expand it, graphically it was of course breathtaking and you know maybe they have run out of jokes because they are essentially the same easy targets they've attacked in the first three games. Zelda never stops being awesome but it has stopped being new since Wind Waker, although I did like Twilight Princess a lot, then you know you have Zelda inspired games (ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Beyond Good and Evil) that are as good or better than Zelda at their best, taking the concept to newer and more interesting areas.

Assassin's Creed can't die until it fully develops its social stealth to be flexible and satisfying, until the open world builds on the promises of AC3, until we get boss fights we aren't ashamed of showing to people and a story and setting that provides the most complete, detailed historical experience possible. Until you get an AC that is as rigorous and definitive a picture of an era as Gangs of New York or Lawrence of Arabia, or The Leopard. Taken together all the games, pre-ROGUE-UNITY were building towards that.

king-hailz
07-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Lets be honest, when you take the plot out of AC what are you left with?

A person, in a visually attractive time period.

Then what. ;)
As much as people like to complain that AC can be so much more without the plot. Without the plot its just a walking around killing simulator.

AKA trying to be GTA

It could focus on somebody's personal story, without having to always tie into assassins vs templars. It gives them a chance to be creative, and it doesn't have to be open world.

RA503
07-26-2015, 05:38 PM
I said that sensationalist top 10's clickbait deserves to die...

AC series don't need to die maybe raped but not die...

GunnerGalactico
07-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Not surprising at all, actually. I wouldn't really blame people for putting it on the top spot.

JamesFaith007
07-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Everyone has option to let his series die - simply stop play it and ignore new volumes.

Easy solution.

TO_M
07-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Couldn't agree more with this vid, that #1 spot for AC is well and truly deserved.

I won't be purchasing Syndicate this year and I hope others will do the same so that AC can finally be put to rest (temporarily maybe).

SixKeys
07-26-2015, 08:50 PM
What an odd list. I can think of many more franchises that should have been in there. AC is on there but not CoD? Oh right, I forgot, GT loves CoD.

Altair1789
07-26-2015, 11:10 PM
It doesn't need to die, it needs to stop being annualized.

Xstantin
07-27-2015, 12:41 AM
lists are never fun

Shahkulu101
07-27-2015, 12:58 AM
I know it's declining in quality but why does a series that is consistently selling nearly 10 million every year and has achieved very positive critical acclaim on MOST of its games deserve to die? That's not the attitude of a mature journalism outlet I'm sorry. It needs a break, a rethink, but not death.

Plus I can't help but feel people are overreacting anyway. Unity was not up to standard but people are talking as if one bad game has doomed the whole series. Just wait till next year, or maybe the year after when all the top gaming sites (which are dying due to New Media - haha) praise the series' "return to form" and then call for the series head again when a less-than-perfect game is released.

DA SHIZZLE IG
07-27-2015, 02:53 AM
Pretty damn solid list. Like somebody else in here said, Call of duty should have definitely been on that list, like #2. AC deserves the #1 spot especially after unity, that's what really did it lol. It's clear after AC3 they started to milk the series. I'm glad more and more people are starting to open their eyes now and notice this. It's a shame ubisoft had to really drop the ball before they all started to see it like the rest of us non sheep. They should have thrown final fantasy in there as well, I don't know what the hell is going on with that anymore lol.

I know it's declining in quality but why does a series that is consistently selling nearly 10 million every year and has achieved very positive critical acclaim on MOST of its games deserve to die? That's not the attitude of a mature journalism outlet I'm sorry. It needs a break, a rethink, but not death.

Plus I can't help but feel people are overreacting anyway. Unity was not up to standard but people are talking as if one bad game has doomed the whole series. Just wait till next year, or maybe the year after when all the top gaming sites (which are dying due to New Media - haha) praise the series' "return to form" and then call for the series head again when a less-than-perfect game is released.
Dude, like seriously, lol you still have hope lol. These people are just gamers who's site just blew up. "mature journalism", dude really!!!!!? They are saying what actual gamers are saying, not what stans, casual players, and sheep are saying. They're saying if AC is going to continue to ignore what sucked us all into the game in the first place(it's amazing story) then it doesn't need to continue anymore. They hit the nail right on the head about us just hoping that the next one will actually pick back up on the story. You are a prime example of this. Meanwhile the rest of us are slowly taking our AC blinders off and seeing the sad truth. Naive sheep like you(no diss) are the very reason why ubisoft will continue to run this great series into the ground. If it wasn't for a crap load of people like you out there. Ubisoft would have been delivered us proper game by now. You act like ubisoft are new kids on the block and AC is still new or something. Ubisoft has just let their greed ruin their great series. I predict syndicate is gonna be the nail in the coffin and ubisoft will produce another cannon game after. They're probably already working on one right now SMH.

Strike 1: Them not really paying attention to rogue(which had waaaay more potential than unity) and making it a half azzed done game that's actually a part of the cannon storyline.

Strike 2:: Unity being filler and almost completely doing away with the main storyline that sucked us all in in the 1st place.

Pending strike 3:: Syndicate looking just like a slightly upgraded unity and absolutely no info about the main plot has been released yet(just like unity). Also it was leaked early this year so what we see today really is a disappointment. Especially after the unity debacle, you would think they would have changed or added things that unity failed at within all this time. This really has people giving this game(and series) a huge side eye.

Last but not least, it seems the series is taking steps back and not forward. They dropped multiplayer and made a full fledged "wolf pack mode" aka co-op mode in unity. That was pretty much the bread and butter of unity and what saved it from being a total let down. Now with syndicate it looks and plays just like unity with 1 new gadget and has no co-op mode.

steveeire
07-27-2015, 02:59 AM
Unity was a let down, but it wasn't a really bad game the way people are talking about it, you'd think it was AC3, and if you go by Ubisofts track record Syndicate should be a good game.

AC1 had problems > AC2 fixed that all and was something special.

AC3 had it problems > AC black Flag was better optimised and a very fun game.

ACUnity has its problems, so Syndicate should be good.

it probably won't :(

DA SHIZZLE IG
07-27-2015, 03:20 AM
Unity was a let down, but it wasn't a really bad game the way people are talking about it, you'd think it was AC3, and if you go by Ubisofts track record Syndicate should be a good game.

AC1 had problems > AC2 fixed that all and was something special.

AC3 had it problems > AC black Flag was better optimised and a very fun game.

ACUnity has its problems, so Syndicate should be good.

it probably won't :(
LOL but they been going down hill so that's why I said what I said. This game doesn't even look different at all. Like they just seriously re skinned everything and added a grappling hook. Like this game was made at the same time they were making unity lol. They took everything in unity and tweeked it a little to make syndicate. LOL at the beta version still looking like the finished version.

I will be watching the story on youtube this year. Next game I feel will be actually what we all been waiting for. But then again I said that about syndicate..............

steveeire
07-27-2015, 03:23 AM
AC2 was not down hill from AC1, and ACBF was definitely not downhill from AC3.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-27-2015, 04:44 AM
Guess what's number 1 :confused:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOXU80FhaU

I don't blame them putting it in the top spot. The games just feel like they have no direction. It feels this way because the most recent ACs have had MD stories that go nowhere and are forgotten just as fast as they are incarnated. Lore is also really jumbled and ridicules. AC games are a Rollercoaster. The franchise has had highs and lows. I'm ready for the franchise to conclude. Have Ubi work on something new or have a large team focus on a new project, to take ACs place.

The defense gets kinda murky. Some people act like the idea of closing the franchise is ridicules and their is no point in arguing it. But it is our active role as a consumer to share our opinions and speak them. In the end, we are the ones that pay the way for each new installment.

Sure you can say, "why should they end the franchise?! Just don't play the games and be done with it!" To that I say, I love this franchise and I want it to die with the dignity it has left. I want it to have an epic ending/conclusion that will sink into the heads of gamers so we can remember AC fondly and not with regret over it being dragged out further. AC seems dried up of potential. I'm not asking for the death of all successful franchises. If the quality keeps coming I'm always on board for a sequel. It just seems AC has used up all the qualities that made it special.

RinoTheBouncer
07-27-2015, 08:24 AM
No series deserves to die. It's our choice to stop playing them when you don't feel into them anymore. You can give feedback at any point to help improving it, but no need for any artist or writer to retire or a movie or game franchise to end just because somebody doesn't like them.

Sorrosyss
07-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Yeah, clickbait as some have said.

I know many people hate COD and yell for its demise all the time, but the simple fact is whilst there is a vocal minority, there is still a vast majority of players that do buy the title each year. These people likely never set foot on official forums etc, and just buy what they enjoy. I feel it is the same with Assassin's Creed. Many of us disliked Unity here, but it and Rogue still sold fairly well.

Whilst there is still that market, and profits to outweigh costs, companies will keep piling these out. Supply and demand and all that. Personally I feel people should try and get used to the idea that some of these franchises are going to continue for the long foreseeable future. I mean most EA sports games have been around twenty odd years, and look at Mario - approaching three decades now. Some people hate it when things are popular, but there is no need for a series to die whilst it still has fans that enjoy it, and sales to support it. Wishing it would die will make little difference. In the end, the financial and sale results are the one thing that will finalise that kind of franchise demise.

SofaJockey
07-27-2015, 02:01 PM
IF ACS sucks then the case to let it lie is a reasonable one.
The sausage-machine of releases does harm game quality in my view.

Two weeks after ACS launches, Fallout 4 hits the street.
In the same time period since Fallout 3,
that IP released one 3rd party spin-off (Fallout New Vegas) and one successful mobile game for marketing purposes (Fallout Shelter).

In the same time, Assassin's Creed has released eight main series games and five minor games for other platforms.

Now I like Assassin's Creed, so I'm being pretty forgiving.
But the technically decent AC Rougue with its sour plotline,
and the technically ropey ACU with its also sour final act have almost knocked the stuffing out of me.

ACS is set in my home town, so I have personal reasons for wanting it to be awesome,
but if it isn't, then I think I'm done.

Shahkulu101
07-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Pretty damn solid list. Like somebody else in here said, Call of duty should have definitely been on that list, like #2. AC deserves the #1 spot especially after unity, that's what really did it lol. It's clear after AC3 they started to milk the series. I'm glad more and more people are starting to open their eyes now and notice this. It's a shame ubisoft had to really drop the ball before they all started to see it like the rest of us non sheep. They should have thrown final fantasy in there as well, I don't know what the hell is going on with that anymore lol.

Dude, like seriously, lol you still have hope lol. These people are just gamers who's site just blew up. "mature journalism", dude really!!!!!? They are saying what actual gamers are saying, not what stans, casual players, and sheep are saying. They're saying if AC is going to continue to ignore what sucked us all into the game in the first place(it's amazing story) then it doesn't need to continue anymore. They hit the nail right on the head about us just hoping that the next one will actually pick back up on the story. You are a prime example of this. Meanwhile the rest of us are slowly taking our AC blinders off and seeing the sad truth. Naive sheep like you(no diss) are the very reason why ubisoft will continue to run this great series into the ground. If it wasn't for a crap load of people like you out there. Ubisoft would have been delivered us proper game by now. You act like ubisoft are new kids on the block and AC is still new or something. Ubisoft has just let their greed ruin their great series. I predict syndicate is gonna be the nail in the coffin and ubisoft will produce another cannon game after. They're probably already working on one right now SMH.

Strike 1: Them not really paying attention to rogue(which had waaaay more potential than unity) and making it a half azzed done game that's actually a part of the cannon storyline.

Strike 2:: Unity being filler and almost completely doing away with the main storyline that sucked us all in in the 1st place.

Pending strike 3:: Syndicate looking just like a slightly upgraded unity and absolutely no info about the main plot has been released yet(just like unity). Also it was leaked early this year so what we see today really is a disappointment. Especially after the unity debacle, you would think they would have changed or added things that unity failed at within all this time. This really has people giving this game(and series) a huge side eye.

Last but not least, it seems the series is taking steps back and not forward. They dropped multiplayer and made a full fledged "wolf pack mode" aka co-op mode in unity. That was pretty much the bread and butter of unity and what saved it from being a total let down. Now with syndicate it looks and plays just like unity with 1 new gadget and has no co-op mode.

Firstly, for personally insulting me, **** you.

Secondly, your "tru gamerz logic" is unfounded and childish. Commenters on video game sites don't represent a true consensus. Wish people would stop acting like it does for crying out loud.

I don't think the series is perfect and I don't deny that it's in a pretty bad state right now. All I'm saying is that killing it would be rash - I suggest a break or a rethink because I think the series needs considerable improvement. I guess that means I'm a naive sheep that swallows anything eh? Just because I'm not vastly overreacting. Piss off mate.

steveeire
07-27-2015, 03:27 PM
now tbf that is most likely pre gold footage just done up for E3, rarely are E3 demos an accurate representation of how the game will actually be be.

Just look at all the ***** PC users do every time a game is released, eg The Witcher 3.

steveeire
07-27-2015, 03:35 PM
I wasn't having a dig well it didn't start out that way, I was just using them as an example of how E3 footage rarely matches the finished product, and have you ever thought they just haven't had time to put in all the npcs?

SofaJockey
07-27-2015, 03:56 PM
;)
I always try and be optimistic about AC games,
But I cant get over how empty the "busy" Victorian streets look in Syndicate :confused:

http://s2.dmcdn.net/KhbFr/x240-XCp.jpg

Compared to Unity its just laughable.;)

A little bit of a silly comment.
It's just before 7.00pm, so the streets of The City of London and Westminster will be fairly quiet.
It's not as if there's a revolution on, such as in Paris.
It's mostly going to be the last of the people going home from work
or people heading out for the evening.

You'd probably see more bustle earlier in the day or near the rail stations or markets.

steveeire
07-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Isn't the current population bigger than it was in the Industrial revolution?

ajl992015
07-27-2015, 10:03 PM
I dont understand why everyone on these forums are constantly just complaining about the series now. They have literally only had one "bad game" in unity (rogue was great for what it was so it can't be over judged) but even unity was a solid 7, hardly a soul crushing disaster when in my opinion the only things it failed on was the story and these apparent bugs ( I never experienced one from launch but I know other people did so fair enough). otherwise from ac1 - acro every game has been good in its own way, and unity was amazing from a gameplay perspective. AC doesn't need to die or in my opinion "take a break". It just needed better quality control measures and more interesting stories which seem to be being addressed this year seeing as they completed the game earlier than usual to polish and take care of bugs and they also have a central brand ten to ensure the coherent story, the story isn't confusing its just nothing has happened since ac3, the latter games have just been lore building, if they give a good modern day in syndicate they will be back on track. I am expecting a solid 8/10 game. there are many other franchises that need a break. if I put a gameplay video of ac1 next to a gameplay video of acu the differences are astounding in what they have changed. If I put cod 4 next to black ops 3 coming out this year, considering how many years it has been the differences are so few. I think people overreacting big time.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-27-2015, 11:29 PM
It doesn't need to die, it needs to stop being annualized.

This^^

So the series doesnt have to end since history never ends.

AC = all about history, so until history stops, AC will continue.

steveeire
07-28-2015, 08:32 AM
I dont understand why everyone on these forums are constantly just complaining about the series now. They have literally only had one "bad game" in unity (rogue was great for what it was so it can't be over judged) but even unity was a solid 7, hardly a soul crushing disaster when in my opinion the only things it failed on was the story and these apparent bugs ( I never experienced one from launch but I know other people did so fair enough). otherwise from ac1 - acro every game has been good in its own way, and unity was amazing from a gameplay perspective. AC doesn't need to die or in my opinion "take a break". It just needed better quality control measures and more interesting stories which seem to be being addressed this year seeing as they completed the game earlier than usual to polish and take care of bugs and they also have a central brand ten to ensure the coherent story, the story isn't confusing its just nothing has happened since ac3, the latter games have just been lore building, if they give a good modern day in syndicate they will be back on track. I am expecting a solid 8/10 game. there are many other franchises that need a break. if I put a gameplay video of ac1 next to a gameplay video of acu the differences are astounding in what they have changed. If I put cod 4 next to black ops 3 coming out this year, considering how many years it has been the differences are so few. I think people overreacting big time.
When Unity was released people felt it was the culmination of alot of the problem Assassins Creed has had since Brotherhood, people felt it was a glitchy mess, and the Initiates rewards and Helix points don't help the situation, but like AC3 which is the lowest point in The Assassins Creed franchise, people do recognise there is a good game underneath all that crap and that is what they are annoyed about.

steveeire
07-28-2015, 06:00 PM
ACIII was another glitchy mess and had a terrible/boring protagonist and badly written story.

LoyalACFan
07-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Sadly, I kind of agree. It's the most milked franchise in gaming, bar none. Well, except Mario, but those games are still pretty good.

But I think it also deserves to be resurrected sometime in the future as well, with a realistic time and monetary budget, and preferably without Ubisoft pulling the strings. If people are going to get any respect for this series back, there's going to have to be a game that just stuns us back into loving it, and I don't think that can be done without a hard reboot (made a thread on this a few days ago, actually). Ubisoft seems to always be aiming at "just good enough" with everything they release, and that ain't going to cut it.

steveeire
07-29-2015, 12:08 AM
I was fortunate and never had any bugs with ACIII ;) apart from odd lag when in Boston <-- apparently its because its a AMD card

Connor was definitely not an Ezio, but I quite liked his character. It was different.

My problem with Connor is not that he isn't Ezio, its the he was badly written and given no personality.

VestigialLlama4
07-29-2015, 04:01 AM
My problem with Connor is not that he isn't Ezio, its the he was badly written and given no personality.

And what exactly do you mean by personality, just so we know where you are coming from?

steveeire
07-29-2015, 07:16 PM
Sorry I misspoke, I should have said he has the personality of a brick.

steveeire
07-29-2015, 07:50 PM
pfft his friend in the tribe who he had to kill had a better personality.

VestigialLlama4
07-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Sorry I misspoke, I should have said he has the personality of a brick.

You still didn't answer the question. Define what personality means in your opinion?

steveeire
07-29-2015, 08:45 PM
I suppose to me it means how a character behaves and interacts with other people.

VestigialLlama4
07-29-2015, 08:48 PM
I suppose to me it means how a character behaves and interacts with other people.

Well then Connor obviously has a personality since he interacted and behaved with a range of people in AC3.

steveeire
07-29-2015, 08:49 PM
He interacted and behaved like a brick, wait no thats insulting a brick, it has a better range of emotions.

VestigialLlama4
07-30-2015, 05:39 AM
He interacted and behaved like a brick, wait no thats insulting a brick, it has a better range of emotions.

Can you actually cite scenes and dialogues and elucidate how Connor's reactions and actions are "brick-like"?

LoyalACFan
07-30-2015, 06:35 AM

See, I never understood this complaint. Call Connor a dull or annoyingly naive character if you want (I'll certainly back you up on the latter) but I don't get the "no emotion" claim. He showed a pretty damn diverse range, actually, arguably more than Ezio or Altair did (especially Altair, whose only visible emotions were stoic, pissed, or snarky). Certainly he was behaving differently during the wedding, versus during Kanento:kon's betrayal? During Achilles' funeral, versus during his final confrontation with Lee?

king-hailz
07-30-2015, 08:18 AM
What happened to ACs signature WTF moments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

ACU left me saying that because of how bad it was...

steveeire
07-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Can you actually cite scenes and dialogues and elucidate how Connor's reactions and actions are "brick-like"?

The entire game. If they ever make a film about Connor the only actor that will be able to play him is Keanu Reeves.

Namikaze_17
07-30-2015, 03:50 PM
I thought being gone for awhile would have me return to a slightly more lively community.

Now people want the series to "die" again.

Hans684
07-30-2015, 04:02 PM
I thought being gone for awhile would have me return to a slightly more lively community.

Now people want the series to "die" again.

Welcome back!

AC is an annual series, it`s no different than COD on the matter.

Namikaze_17
07-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Welcome back!

Thank you, brother.

AC is an annual series, it`s no different than COD on the matter.

Yeah, but wanting something to die after a couple hiccups is harsh don'tcha think?

Like jeez, take a break if one is so tired or frustrated of the series.

But I guess saying that is like saying to get off a drug you've been on for numerous years.

VestigialLlama4
07-30-2015, 04:25 PM
The entire game.

I asked for specific scenes and how his behavior, in your opinion, is similar to a brick.

Hans684
07-30-2015, 04:27 PM
Thank you, brother.

Your welcome, brother.

Yeah, but wanting something to die after a couple hiccups is harsh don'tcha think?

Like jeez, take a break if one is so tired or frustrated of the series.

But I guess saying that is like saying to get off a drug you've been on for numerous years.

While i agree, i still won't let Unity pass. It`s a bigger filler than Liberation.

As for drugs, sounds like a good enough reason to quit, it`s drugs after all.

Namikaze_17
07-30-2015, 04:31 PM
While i agree, i still won't let Unity pass. It`s a bigger filler than Liberation.

Yeah, you got a point there.

As for drugs, sounds like a good enough reason to quit, it`s drugs after all.

Indeed. :rolleyes:

Sushiglutton
07-30-2015, 04:33 PM

Haha true dat :D!

steveeire
07-30-2015, 08:20 PM
I asked for specific scenes and how his behavior, in your opinion, is similar to a brick.
and I told you the entire game, pick one, there you go that scene.

VestigialLlama4
07-30-2015, 09:00 PM
and I told you the entire game, pick one, there you go that scene.

Since you are the one making assertions the burden of proof is on you.

steveeire
07-30-2015, 09:18 PM
The entire game is my proof.

GunnerGalactico
07-30-2015, 09:48 PM
I don't think anyone can deny Connors personality is lacking at best ;)

Not really. I certainly didn't have an issue with his personality.

GunnerGalactico
07-30-2015, 10:03 PM
I didn't have an issue with it either,

It was just non existent;)

Let me be more specific, I like his personality and I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't see anything wrong with characters that: are not clichéd, don't deliver smart *** one liners, don't poke fun at dangerous situations, crack jokes etc. I recall seeing a whole range of emotions from Connor. ;)

VestigialLlama4
07-31-2015, 04:06 AM
The entire game is my proof.

No its not. If you have an opinion that is more than mere irrational dislike for a character, you must give actual examples from the game, otherwise your argument is both invalid and wrong.

Altair1789
07-31-2015, 06:39 AM
If you look back at the thread I have addressed the fact that I assumed they made him like that for a reason <----- Isolated from society by his tribe.

But personality wise, as said above^ doesn't actually make an appearance ;)

I'm actually interested what emotions you saw, all I got was.
1. Angry Connor - WHERES CHARLES LEE?
2 Just regular Connor/Dead/cold/emotionless - Every other scene he isn't angry.

I'm not saying he didn't show any other emotions, But they didn't show well ;)

He was stoic. Charisma isn't the only personality trait, and I wish Ubisoft would stop treating it as such. What's wrong with having a stoic or focused protagonist every once in a while? Why does it have to be a charismatic lady killer all the time?

See, I never understood this complaint. Call Connor a dull or annoyingly naive character if you want (I'll certainly back you up on the latter) but I don't get the "no emotion" claim. He showed a pretty damn diverse range, actually, arguably more than Ezio or Altair did (especially Altair, whose only visible emotions were stoic, pissed, or snarky). Certainly he was behaving differently during the wedding, versus during Kanento:kon's betrayal? During Achilles' funeral, versus during his final confrontation with Lee?

The answer to the argument is right here

GunnerGalactico
07-31-2015, 07:22 AM
If you look back at the thread I have addressed the fact that I assumed they made him like that for a reason <----- Isolated from society by his tribe.

But personality wise, as said above^ doesn't actually make an appearance ;)

I'm actually interested what emotions you saw, all I got was.
1. Angry Connor - WHERES CHARLES LEE?
2 Just regular Connor/Dead/cold/emotionless - Every other scene he isn't angry.

I'm not saying he didn't show any other emotions, But they didn't show well ;)

Well, it's not really my concern that you didn't pick up on anything else other than the times he was angry. I would be pretty irritated too if somebody was withholding important information from me or didn't have good sense of direction ie: shouting at you to turn left, but points their finger to the right. During the Homestead missions, you could see his sincere and hearfelt smile when he helped the people. When he was forced to kill his best friend, you can see him getting glazy-eyed. When he met up with Samuel Adams the second time, there clearly was a smirk on his face. After the whole Bridewell Prison incident, Adams started kicking Hickey's corpse. Connor told him to stop because Hickey was still a human being at the end of the day. Then there's also that time when Charles Lee threatened him during Haytham's burial, Connor simply ignored them and laughed in his face. It's all there, you need only to pay attention ;)

VestigialLlama4
07-31-2015, 08:51 AM
Well, it's not really my concern that you didn't pick up on anything else other than the times he was angry. I would be pretty irritated too if somebody was withholding important information from me or didn't have good sense of direction ie: shouting at you to turn left, but points their finger to the right. During the Homestead missions, you could see his sincere and hearfelt smile when he helped them. When he was forced to kill his best friend, you can see him getting glazy-eyed. When he met up with Samuel Adams the second time, there clearly was a smirk on his face. After the whole Bridewell Prison incident, Adams started kicking Hickey's corpse. Connor told him to stop because Hickey was still a human being at the end of the day. Then there's also that time when Charles Lee threatened him during Haytham's burial, Connor simply ignored them and laughed in his face. It's all there, you need only to pay attention ;)

There's also Connor's general dislike for being touched, its a constant running gag and each time someone tries so much as to pat his back, he has this elegant manner of rebuking it, silently going "White people are weird".

GunnerGalactico
07-31-2015, 10:54 AM
There's also Connor's general dislike for being touched, its a constant running gag and each time someone tries so much as to pat his back, he has this elegant manner of rebuking it, silently going "White people are weird".

The whole Charles Lee "thing" is also another overexaggerated, running gag. Even the one with Malik calling Altair a novice.

RA503
07-31-2015, 04:18 PM
Why people only like immature marvel like characters(DC have the flash...) who make jokes all the time and made sarcastic coments for everyone things if you do in real life will made you looks ******ed ?

Why people wants that the character relate to you when the protagonist is not the player but someone ancestor ?

We will have other Ezio clone in syndicate...