PDA

View Full Version : Is Ubisoft AC Unity disabled friendly?

BloodSouldja
07-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Hi Sir or Madam,

I am disabled and play AC Unity but it really sucks that you have no configuration options. It would be great if running had the toggle feature like sneaking. I know most of you developers don't really think about us disabled players but we do pay for your games and a little attention to making it disabled friendly with optional configuration would be great. I bought many Ubisoft games and it would be great to play them all.

Regards,

Bloodsouldja

Mr_Shade
07-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback - the team are always keen to hear.

If you are playing on PS4 - you can alter the configuration of the game - or - any other game in the accessibility options on the console.

these allow you to change the button layout system wide - so it's possible this may help [if you didn't already know]

BloodSouldja
08-15-2015, 12:00 PM
I don't understand your point, can you explain further?

In Unity you toggle sneak mode:confused:

Yes, sneak mode has toggle. I was not talking about sneak mode. My concern is having to hold down a button for running and at the same time executing another action. If running had the toggle feature, there would be no need to hold down the running button.

BloodSouldja
08-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback - the team are always keen to hear.

If you are playing on PS4 - you can alter the configuration of the game - or - any other game in the accessibility options on the console.

these allow you to change the button layout system wide - so it's possible this may help [if you didn't already know]

Changing layout is not the problem. I have a custom controller that is configurable. To keep it simple, I mean this:

Sneak mode = toggle
Running = no toggle ( is there a reason you did not make it toggle like sneak mode? )

For many of us disabled it is a hassle to keep a button pressed and executing another action while keeping a button pressed. Also at the same time having to control movement so that is doing 3 things at once. Example: in AC Unity you have to chase one of the brothers keeping the button for running pressed while controlling movement. My problem starts when I have to tackle the guy while running. I can't because I can't do movement, running ( button pressed ) and tackle at the same time. I have to ask my family or friends to do it for me which sucks.

Solution: If running was toggle, I could easily execute other actions because I would not have to worry about holding down running button.

HDinHB
08-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Great topic! I sometimes wonder how I would play if I lost use of an arm or even "just" a finger or thumb. I hope Ubi, other gamemakers, and console makers pay attention to this segment. Some games have an always run menu selection, and it sure seems like AC multiplayer must have had one.

Ben Heck posted a youtube video on modifying a PS4 controller for one-hand use, but his website says they are too difficult to make for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LieHIscadjk

I'm not sure what your situation is, but i wonder if you can push the run button against your leg or a tabletop while you chase? Good luck!

Jessigirl2013
08-16-2015, 07:24 PM
Yeah that's the only solution I can think of.

Moultonborough
08-16-2015, 11:01 PM
You don't need to reconfigure unless you want to. I have only the use of my right hand/arm only and I've found a way to get by you just need to think of other ways to get it done. For example I use my middle finger for R2. My thumb for left control stick. The tip of my right index finger I use to control the Right control stick. And my knuckles for X and O. L1 and L2 I tap them with my chin. Just gotta tink outside the box and you'll find a way.